• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Valhalla Smash Tournament Thread. Valhalla resumes October 1st!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Let's make it happen people.

Also, Luneth. You seem new. Are you from Adelaide? More importantly, do you hate MK too?!

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Oh guys this is my friend :D
Also we should ban every stage but castle siege, as the others are broken by either MK's planking or sharking.
/sarcasm

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
Oh guys this is my friend :D
Also we should ban every stage but castle siege, as the others are broken by either MK's planking or sharking.
/sarcasm
the walk offs kinda wreck castle siege if you ask me

Ghostbone

Smash Master
the walk offs kinda wreck castle siege if you ask me
camp the platforms/stall the transformation out, not that hard :p
no but seriously, in theory castle siege would be MK's worst (legal) stage.......hmmmm

Edit: But if the walk-offs break Castle Siege...then every stage in brawl is broken and we should all just play melee:awesome:

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
I have more questions:
1. Who do you main in Brawl?
2. Do you have Wi-Fi?
3. How decent are you at Brawl?
4. Do you play Melee?
5. Will you be my friend?

EDIT: GB was joking. And don't double post next time, the mods are like hounds xD
i main wario and marth, yes i have wifi, a little bit worse than ghostbone, i dont play melee much (i dont have the game)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
And he shall be my doubles partner and we shall
RULE THE WORLD
Win:)
Hopefully....

zApollo

Smash Ace
Edit: But if the walk-offs break Castle Siege...then every stage in brawl is broken and we should all just play melee:awesome:
But I don't like melee, the graphics are so dark and its hard to see anything.

So yeah Nova will be running Valhalla this time, because I will be away and he is awesome at getting tourneys running on time.

Eagle how was your first exam day? Mine was just dandy....

SethT

Smash Ace
I DIB EAGLE <3

Good to see another new face :3
...the MK hate is disappointing to see D; hes just so wuvable <3
I'll see what I can do about getting my mates hooked up to Smashboards. More then likely they cbf but won't hurt too ask at least.

Tbh I hate both Green Greens and Castle Siege. Green Greens is just... ugh frustrating. Its hard to get around with falling blocks and the holes in the stage, and ugh not too mention gimping is frustrating.

Castle Siege walk off is terrible :/ that being said if i was patient enough I would have no problems with it.

Eagle

Smash Lord
My first exam.. eh, nothing to brag about. :p

What exam did you have? If you had your exam today, does that mean you are doing either Physics or PE? and is dandy a good thing? :p

Also, if we all just play on Final Destination we won't have to worry about walk-offs, or exploding blocks. :D

Ghostbone

Smash Master

What exam did you have? If you had your exam today, does that mean you are doing either Physics or PE? and is dandy a good thing? :p

Also, if we all just play on Final Destination we won't have to worry about walk-offs, or exploding blocks. :D
If we all just play on Castle Siege we won't have to worry about Planking, or Sharking. :D
cwutididthar?

and Apollo at least Melee has character balance :p

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lolz Eagle.

Planking is where you constantly drop down and jump back up to the ledge, abusing good hit-boxes, positioning and ledge-invincibility to stall.

Sharking is where you attack from underneath the stage on stages like Delfino.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Well, I can see where sharking gets its name.

Although the name of the 'technique' is new to me, I am at least slightly familiar with the action.

What's a wave dash?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Wave-dashing is a Melee-only technique.

It involves air dodging diagonally into the ground (air dodges can be angled in Melee) to transfer the air speed of the air dodge into ground speed. This lets you move from the momentum while still in a standing position, which lets you do moving smashes, moving tilts, jabs, etc...

Eagle

Smash Lord
I was kidding, but thanks. :)

Anyway, since Apollo isn't going maybe you can go doubles with Nova.
And steal his stocks for Ace and I so we wiiiiiin.
:>

Ghostbone

Smash Master
If we play on Pokemon Stadium 2, almost every match-up will be even, making the game much more competitive, balanced, and simple!
You mean almost every Match-up will be closer to what it would be without stage bias :p (If that were actually possible)

Most Match-ups don't become "closer to even", PS2 is just generally the median stage in many match-ups. (So it is the most fair stage on average)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
And steal his stocks for Ace and I so we wiiiiiin.
:>
I only do that during matches I'm not taking seriously. If I was teaming with Nova in a tourney, I'd take it seriously.

You mean almost every Match-up will be closer to what it would be without stage bias :p (If that were actually possible)

Most Match-ups don't become "closer to even", PS2 is just generally the median stage in many match-ups. (So it is the most fair stage on average)
Yeah, that is what I meant.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but the PR list says otherwise. ;)

Anyways, you guys are distracting me with your lame stage-choice shennanigans when I have a legal studies exam tomorrow morning. :(

Eagle

Smash Lord
Jamie is goin' down. Don'chu worry.

Hope Jamie doesn't read this or he will see me coming.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I will be on it soon! (hopefully at the top XD...doubtful...)

Edit: Probably with every character in the game next to my name to XD (I main like, 9 characters at the moment..)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I will be on it soon! (hopefully at the top XD...doubtful...)

Edit: Probably with every character in the game next to my name to XD (I main like, 9 characters at the moment..)
Well, the character next to your name is one you've had success with in tournaments. This is why I have Mario next to my name even though my Yoshi is better in every match-up bar ZSS xD

And Eagle, I actually made that post to lure Jamage out of hiding. I need to talk to him regarding Melee PR things and he is NOWHERE. Not on MSN, not on Facebook, not on SWF.

It's like he died or something.

zApollo

Smash Ace
So who is attending Val this weekend. Is it pretty much everyone but me?

No I do IB, so the timetable is different. Did bio yesterday and today. Doing maths tomorrow/friday. Yes dandy is a semi-ish good thing. Hope legal studies went well, saw the other SACE boys walking into that this morning.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I don't have a partner, obviously since Apollo isn't going.
I'll team with Eagle or someone.

Also my Snake says ALL SA MK's are scrubs.
Get d-throwed, repeatedly people (except people with UHG gettup attacks, stupid ZSS). <3

Edit: And if anyone is semi-on-my-way (Salisbury/Paralowie) to the venue I could do drop offs and such.

No further than 10k/m out either way, though.

Top Bottom