• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBaN #8: ECCSL Event #2 - SSBB. July 25th 2009

Iliad

Smash Lord
You're missing hamilton. sauc3, iliad, jaske, and others will likely be there.

Confirm only me for now, but I can pretty much vouch for sauc3 and jaske coming as well.

*edit* i'll bring a wii+brawl. can't bring my TV, parents will ***** that it's too far.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Alright....

Looking for a ride to this. Willing to pay for gas or at least chip in a decent amount depending on if other people are helping out on gas as well. If anyone is willing let me know by either posting in here or a PM.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I knew that the fact that you went to tourneys coinciding with m2ks cancelling had some type of link.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Why would you go to Canada tourneys when US tourneys has x3 more attendance on average?

Edit: I'm talking strictly at a high level competition.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Why would you go to Canada tourneys when US tourneys has x3 more attendance on average?

Edit: I'm talking strictly at a high level competition.
If everyone did that, we wouldn't have much of a scene left :/ Not everyone has the means to travel regularly to the US...

strawhats

Smash Master
I actually think m2k has something to prove to mango in going to Herb 2. It all started after he beat mango in a epic crew battle. They were pretty even in stock, except m2k had one stock less than mango at the beginning of the match and still ***** mango in the end. I absolutely loved every minute of it. Also m2k had an epic opening suicide scene w/. his Easter egg at the beginning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMFp9r9n8iQ&feature=related

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo, this has probably been asked already but...

When is brawl tourney? Saturday or Sunday? Dayum, I rrrreaallyy hope this is saturday.....

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
if you need set ups I think I can stop by......... it matters if my rents don't mind leaving Nasir behind, but my t.v is at Nate's so if I can't make it he can bring it (assuming he's going)

The attendance doesn't look too good but w.e it's a Niagara tourny, what the hell.....

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ayaz please don't come in here only to kill the hype. The venue is confirmed for my house and I am in the process of rearranging everything with Holy as we speak.

Thanks to lack of communication from the Melee guys I will be canceling the 2nd day (26th). I will be running Brawl Singles, Doubles, and Brawl+ side event on the 25th. That is it for official tournaments. The Melee scene is encouraged to run their own Melee event on the side, granted they run it smoothly and with their own setups.

I need a recount on attendance and this is being renamed to SBaN#8.

5ive

Smash Champion
Ayaz please don't come in here only to kill the hype. The venue is confirmed for my house and I am in the process of rearranging everything with Holy as we speak.

Thanks to lack of communication from the Melee guys I will be canceling the 2nd day (26th). I will be running Brawl Singles, Doubles, and Brawl+ side event on the 25th. That is it for official tournaments. The Melee scene is encouraged to run their own Melee event on the side, granted they run it smoothly and with their own setups.

****, I'm missing out on Brawl+. ;_;

KingAce

Smash Ace
niko theres a chance that me and minus will be going to ADAT2 instead of this.. ill have an answer tonight though

swordgard

Smash Hero

Im gonna be in ontario for 2 days, anyone wants to set up a fest during sunday so we can play and improve? I dont feel like wasting a 2nd day without playing good players.

Either way, ima be there :D

Iliad

Smash Lord
sword, sunday if you want, come to hamilton we'll play some. Sauce, Culex, Jaske and myself enjoy having smashfests.

So we'll have 3 ic mains, 1 everything main, and 1 marth / Link (LOL) main. This should be loads of fun.

Niko_K

Smash Master
If that's a comment directed towards Melee, there can still be a tournament for it.....I just have too many responsibilities to run both....>.<

You can run it if you'd like :p You know what to do

swordgard

Smash Hero
Wow man... EC fails at tournaments! =/
If people stepped it up in melee to actually host tourney and in brawl to actually show up we wouldnt have this problem.

Heck, add that to hosting brawl in mtl.

For all i care, nikos doing the best he can and is a great tourney host from what i can see.

KingAce

Smash Ace
nvm reconfirm me and minus lol, tickets cost too much
anyone want to do some mms?
also why is there a $5 venue fee isnt this held at your house

Niko_K

Smash Master
My parents are letting me use the entire house and they're leaving for me to run the event. It's pretty self explanatory.

SRTM

Smash Ace
maybe I'll go to this, just to play sword though.
I would need a doubs partner also.
I'll decide later in the week. I'm pretty much done with brawl tournies though.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Reconfirm me please. Sorry I couldn't make it out to your place after Pownz yesterday Niko; I posted my explanation (johns) in the pownz thread in case you haven't seen it already.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just saying, im bringin my wii(maybe 2) and one of them runs off an external hard drive due to ****ty disc problem, brawl loads much faster either way, just make sure not to unplug the hard drive during play.

Top Bottom