• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC - May 2/3 - *NEED BRAWL DISCS*

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
So basically this is the last Tri-Smash Tournament. And I guess I'll make this my last tournament even though I said something similar last time >.> I'll enter Brawl singles to help sponsor Ally if he shows up ;)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
He's a cop-out barlw player.

At one point, there was hope... but I'm afraid now he's too far gone, I think we've lost him.

Really though Dan, play Melee more >_>
it's more like I want more money so I don't come home broke cause I don't win melee events XD(and don't like it). My average for playing melee is about once a month.

unityole

Smash Lord
it's more like I want more money so I don't come home broke cause I don't win melee events XD(and don't like it). My average for playing melee is about once a month.
looks like next time will be the last time i get to play u on console, after that its all about online smash, ew

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Holy crap, this is awesome. I'd really like to come to this. I'll poke some EC people about it and check flight prices, and get back to you about it later.

EDIT: Where's the nearest airport to this place? Just wondering so I can get an exact price range for this thing, because it's looking like over $500. WHY IS CANADA SO STUPID WITH FLIGHT PRICES?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Holy crap, this is awesome. I'd really like to come to this. I'll poke some EC people about it and check flight prices, and get back to you about it later.

EDIT: Where's the nearest airport to this place? Just wondering so I can get an exact price range for this thing, because it's looking like over $500. WHY IS CANADA SO STUPID WITH FLIGHT PRICES?
Vancouver International Airport. YVR.

Metà

Smash Master
Updates:

-projector will be used to broadcast finals
-live streaming is about 95% confirmed now
-we will likely be holding a small tournament (Melee only) the weekend before (saturday, April 25) just to test everything out

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
haha YVR isn't going to save you too much time unless ur drive is like greater than 6-8 hours. By bus from YVR to skytrain to SFU should be a good 2 hours (and of course flights have their whole flight wait times)

Metà

Smash Master
I can probably pick some people up from the airport if necessary. Depending on how many people are going, we could even potentially get a second car going if I can find someone else willing to drive out there.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Ok sooooo Live streaming is out of the question, i'be yet to fix this random freeze problem, and all possible soutions to the problem isn't an option. With no Live stream, Live Commentary is also out of the question.

Metà

Smash Master
Ok sooooo Live streaming is out of the question, i'be yet to fix this random freeze problem, and all possible soutions to the problem isn't an option. With no Live stream, Live Commentary is also out of the question.
No, we can have commentary without streaming. I don't see why we can't.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Live commentary and no live stream is more boring you have to admit =( I'll pm you my stuff Enkou. If Enkou's stream fails I can bring things for live stream and commentary, did it before works fine, just kinda lags by 3 seconds when streaming, but since audio and video lag it's still good xD

Metà

Smash Master
Live commentary and no live stream is more boring you have to admit =(
Well, streaming is preferable, but I see tons of videos with commentary that weren't streamed (ie: WCSL). The point is, you do commentary at the event, then you put the vids + commentary up on youtube.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I nominate Adam. Even if he's playing in matches.

Btw, who's going to even watch the live streaming? o.O Sure we may have Ally, but I don't think we're going to have M2K or Aarosmashguy or other cool people.

Metà

Smash Master
I agree, Jack should do commentary for everything.

Btw, who's going to even watch the live streaming? o.O Sure we may have Ally, but I don't think we're going to have M2K or Aarosmashguy or other cool people.
Well, M2K's obviously not going to come, and Aarosmashguy just told me he quit Smash, but Ally, pkm, and some other EC players are seriously contemplating coming to this. As for the live streaming, I can get plenty of people watching:
-all the people who wanted to come but couldn't make it
-lurkers
-I'll post it in the 'tournament videos' section and get viewers that way
-Minnesota
-etc.

Depending on how well it's run, we could easily have up to 50 people watching, maybe more. I just gotta get some more top-notch players to come....

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I demand dibs on some of the commentary, i bet i'll be stuck on my recording equipment the whole tournament anyway i bet.

I personalyl think that everyone who wants to give it a try do it for at least 1 match. btw i also demand dibs on commentary on the grand finals..... for brawl at least xD

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I demand dibs on some of the commentary, i bet i'll be stuck on my recording equipment the whole tournament anyway i bet.

I personalyl think that everyone who wants to give it a try do it for at least 1 match. btw i also demand dibs on commentary on the grand finals..... for brawl at least xD
LOL yea I wanna try for 1 match! :bee:

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I've never been much of a fan of commentary in smash. But we'll see how it goes.

Evan, contact me if you want me to do brackets or anything again. I will not be entering any events you are entering.

Top Bottom