• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SnooPingAsUsual Results, 5/5/2012

JCav

Smash Lord
First off, I would like to say that I had a lot of fun coming to this, and I would love to go to this again. It was really cool to meet some new people as well as seeing some familiar faces. I must say that I was a fan of the $5 entry and I would support that for events in the future.

1: Ally ($115)- Shout out to you for playing me Friday night. I really appreciated the matches that we played together.
2: Zinoto ($57)- It was a pleasure to meet you. Your Diddy is insanely good, your placing is very impressive, and I can't wait to play you more in the future.
3: lain ($31)- The scholar. Always one of my favorite people to talk to at a tournament, our doubles set was also fun.
4: Tutu ($20)- Certainly one of the nicest people I met all day, your Sheik is mad good and it was nice chatting with you.
5: judge ($10)- Didn't talk to you a whole lot but our doubles set was fun.
5: Mikey Lenetia ($10)- Our set was probably the most fun I had all day. It was really cool to be able to play a serious, competitive set while still chatting and having a good time. (PS, those turnip gimps :o )
7: SpartaKick- Needs more Wolf. Just kidding (kinda). It is always nice to chat with you, too bad we didn't get to play this time.
7: Fizzle- A legit Dedede. You outplayed me in our set so you deserved to win, no hard feelings there. Also a cool dude.
9: SneakyTako- I enjoyed our one friendly match, hope to do more in the future.
9: fZk- We had a really intense set in pools. Luckily my win didn't cost you of a 1 seed, I wouldn't be surprised if we have some more classic sets in the future.
13: LOE1 the LEGEND!- I am impressed by your results. I like your game and its always nice to talk to you.
13: WTP- The wise voice of reason behind MI smash. Aaaaaand...
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204665&page=11
Also congrats for winning doubles like you had hoped. Always insightful and good to chat with.
13: JCav Needs more Wolf tricks.
17: FF Xatic- Needs more Wolf! I like your Wolf a lot, and thanks for everything you did. I wouldn't have beaten Gio without your tips ;)
17: TechChase- Too bad you didn't have a good time, pretty cool dude.
17: Dmg Kor (PzO) Fun doubles set.
17: JKBUK (Used G&W by the way) G&W vs. Snake, in favor of G&W.
17: XeroXen- I think you were the Mario that Dogma and I played in doubles? If so, then I was impressed :)
17: Coco- We had two really great sets. Unfortunately one of us had to lose in brackets. I'm a fan of your Olimar and I hope we have rematches that are just as classic in the future.
25: Jfly ? [Takes Iris's spot for leaving right after pools]- We had some close matches in pools, you almost got me. Good games!
By the way, shout out to Iris for participating in pools just to knock me out of the number one seed! (No johns, it was probably better that way and you deserved the win.)
25: FF Ori_bro- The encyclopedia of MI smash. Also one of my favorite people to talk to at tournaments. I appreciate everything you did this weekend and I hope we get together frequently this summer.
25: goddy- I think I also played your MK in a doubles friendly? I think you had like a three-stock comeback in a two on one, very impressive.
25: FF JTSM- It was also nice to meet you this weekend, you were a great host and I would love to come to another event like this.
25: Dogma- Can only beat Wolf.
25: Ksev- Where did you learn to use Snake's up-tilt? Lol. Really good at reading down throw. Playing doubles against you before helped a lot.
25: FF WuvS- The feeling is mutual. Really helpful and easy to talk to, I hope to see you around more in the future.
25: Gio- 4Rofa was a great tag lol. Our doubles set was super intense and our singles set was equally as hype, always fun matches.
--------Pools cut-off-------------
33: Topix- Fun doubles set!
33: clowsui- I hope that we both learned something from playing each other, I know I did.
33: R3d- Cool guy, our doubles set was fun.
33: Stewy- Playing against you in doubles and our friendlies was a lot of fun.
41: Trip- Also a fun doubles set.
41: Apasher- Playing you in pools was fun, we had some good games. We'll have to play more.

Also shout out to Hot Arms for an awesome doubles set. I think you've been around before we were and that was the first time I've played you lol

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
25: FF WuvS :yoshi: - You and Scatz are still my favorite :yoshi2:. Every time I see you play, you are playing a :metaknight: or a :dedede: :(.
Practice is practice, I'm not gonna complain~
Also, thank you :3

25: FF WuvS: step 1, don't main yoshi. I can't help you if you play a character that can't do anything out of sheild.
Oh. I guess I'll just stay bad.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
~KoolOriBro Shoutouts

1: Ally ($115) - Good stuff Elliot, its always fun to see you! Don't give anyone the sleeping bag anymore, okay? :yeahboi:

2: Zinoto ($57) - good stuff proving why you are the best in MI sir! Always a pleasure to see you.

3: lain ($31) - Great seeing you, hope to see you at more stuff :D

4: Tutu ($20) - This man making the most upsets hahah. Good stuff Tutu!

5: judge ($10) - It was awesome to see you Judge! It has been a while and its great to know you still got what it takes to be a contender for the money!

5: Mikey Lenetia ($10) - It is always great to see you Mikey. Good stuff making that money :D

7: SpartaKick - **** the Windmill

7: Fizzle - thanks for coming up Fizzle! Your D3 looks mad good. I wanna play it next time I'm in Ohio or you are in MI

9: SneakyTako - Sneaky, its always great to see you. Easily one of my fav OH players.

9: Rizk7 - Mah habibi you did good don't sweat it. You are getting so good <3 :)

9: Kel - Easily my favorite set of the tourney. I'm glad I was able to give you a great set. Next time I can hopefully clutch it out!

9: fZk - great seeing you sir, hope to see you at the next event. I owe you a dubs tourney.

13: LOE1 the LEGEND! - you put in work at this and I am proud of you. I'm a bit sad an input error cost me the set but its ok. If you are ever looking for more practice than scrubs in the AiB Free Play ask me, I'm always down to play. I need wario help since he is one of my frustrating MUs

13: WTP - Thanks for helping with the stream!

13: ThuGz - We didn't play haha

13: Jcav - Mah duuuuuude Good stuff at this, you are showing some great promise. Keep up the work and I'll see you at a smashfest soon.

17: FF Xatic - Stressful day am I right? but its w/e BDubs and the Ori_Bed&Breakfast stuff was awesome

17: TechChase - Thanks for the help with doing the last bit of bracket, I always appreciate your final judgement since I always tend to miss something. As far as the tourney goes, Thanks for a great set in doubles, it was fun as ****, I forgot how scary you and Dan are when teaming :S. Don't worry about your lose to LOE1 I kinda felt the same way when I lost to him at BAMF, learn from it and beat his *** 50 times harder next time. Thanks for cooling down Chi as much as you could.

17: Braxton - Thanks for making it out :D

17: Gifts - I see that snake doing work. Good stuff Kyle!

17: Dmg Kor (PzO) - I will get you next time sir. I will not be as nice.

17: JKBuK - Great seeing you Dustin. That NoJ style GnW is always fun to watch. Hopefully we will see the Macomb crew again soon.

17: XeroXen - Thanks for making it out :D I am a bit sad we couldnt play Skullgirls as well. But thats what happens when you have to co-host a tourney.

17: Coco - I know its been a while since you've been down this low, but don't worry you will bounce back. We should start helping eachother with MU knowledge, since we both know certain MUs better than eachother. Also thanks for teaming, I'd love to do it again. That Divorce Hype!

25: Iris - Great seeing you Iris, its been way to damn long. I wish we had played, hopefully you can come to more future events.

25: FF Ori_bro - step up scrub.

25: goddy - Great seeing you richard, it has been a while and it was fun to play. You still are one of the really funny guys to hang around.

25: FF JTSM - great tourney, it had its ups and downs but oh well. SPAU 2 will be better and I think I have an idea to make it more efficient! I'll give you details on skype later.

25: Dogma - Johnnnnnnny! The best Marth, thanks for a great set, Coco really taught you the MU well haha. I was exposed Game 2 and 3

25: Ksev - Nice to really meet and play you Ksev, you and your crew are some cool guys that I wanna get to know and play more. When there are more smashfests I'll definitely give you a ring. You guys have a lot of potential.

25: FF WuvS - <3

25: Gio - money match :c

33: Topix - shake it off you got this next time.

33: clowsui - A lot can be said sir, but I don't think it really needs to be. You had a meltdown, then you decided to put the man pants back on and became the fun to be around Clowsui many of us know. The money match was fun, all I really wanted was the VENGEANCE rematch and I got it. Thanks for coming up, I hope to see you at PS4 and I look forward to your next OH event because I will be there!

33: Brawlanator - Thanks for making it out :D

33: Ben - Thanks for making it out :D

33: Jfly - Thanks for making it out :D

33: R3d - Thanks for making it out :D your Lucario was fun to play.

33: Ducky - Thanks for making it out :D way to make me look super bad in Skullgirls hahaha. I need to practice more :p

33: Stewy - Thanks for making it out :D

41: me9595 - Thanks for making it out :D

41: Eazy - Thanks for making it out :D

41: Nigel - Thanks for making it out :D

41: Trip - Thanks for making it out :D

41: Apasher - Thanks for making it out :D

41: NTG - Thanks for making it out :D

41: NWJ - Thanks for making it out :D

41: Pony - Thanks for making it out :D

Shoutouts to Anther for Biking 5 miles to this. He is still my smash idol next to Vayseth <3

Overall this was a ****ing amazing tourney. What was supposed to be a 20-25 man local ended up being another HUGE Mi tourney. SPAU definitely has some promises and I hope everyone comes out for SPAU 2 whenever it is. I can assure you that next time things will be more efficient, We actually needed more Wiis this time. I saw like 5 open TVs and wished we could have used them.

Thanks again to Ohio and Indiana for making the journey, you guys are awesome to hang with. I can't wait till we see you guys again!

Like i'm not saying you can't be a good player with yoshi(and do well), but I know nothing about the character and he is remarkably different from sheik. Like even the basics of the game are a complete 180.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Good job Mikey and Lordy <3

Sorry I didn't make it out there even though I was only 20 minutes away at one point >_>

clowsui

Smash Legend
Shoutouts when I get home.

For now, I can only offer my deepest apologies for my behavior at this event. As fZk noted, it's embarrassing, childish and shameful for anybody, especially someone who has demonstrated a history of responsibility like myself, to throw temper tantrums and be emotionally affected by a video game. I hope that anybody who met me for the first time doesn't take this as a representation of who I am normally, because it's not, and it won't ever be.

By the way, LOE1, I'm disappointed in your whole take on the matter. I deliberately tried to appear not salty and "no hard feelings" by cheering for you and offering advice, but it seems those efforts were lost on you. So let me say this and be very clear: I don't mind that I lost to you, and I wanted to show you that by being friendly and supportive of your performance. I think you have fantastic potential as a player and that you're improving very rapidly, and it's somewhat disappointing that you chose instead to believe that I am a person who is mean-spirited (though I can't say I blame you given the way I behaved lolz).

Jtsm, I understand why you didn't and to be honest the whole time while I was demanding a second chance I don't really think I honestly believed that I actually deserved one; I just wanted one because...well, yeah lolz. Thanks for being hard-line and understanding.

LOE1

Smash Lord
clowsui, no hard feelings. i believed you were unsalty during our mm cause u were playin around making funny comments. im just bad at how to take it. its not everyday ii get people salty at all. in fact, this was the tournament in which i got the most people salty at me lol

JTsm

Smash Master
Jtsm, I understand why you didn't and to be honest the whole time while I was demanding a second chance I don't really think I honestly believed that I actually deserved one; I just wanted one because...well, yeah lolz. Thanks for being hard-line and understanding.
Emotions run very high and I understand. No hard feelings <3

SPAU2 will be in July or August. There's too much in the way for June (Phoenix Saga) and Later July seems more practical. If you guys want to see updates here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318797

Ori: I'm on skype now with Xatic, so you can send me an IM or w.e.

To be completely honest though, Pingas has to be the reason for this attendance. I don't know how it's not a reason... L

Kel

Smash Master
Thank you to anyone who put together or helped this tournament run.

Thank you to the drivers.

^^ These people are highly under rated in this community and deserve the utmost respect from everyone.

Also Bdub, Denzel, mahboi, yo0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I hope that anybody who met me for the first time doesn't take this as a representation of who I am normally, because it's not, and it won't ever be.
To be honest, I never saw you having your fit lmao. My first impression of you was you cheering for LOE1 during his sets.

But if I did see your fit, I wouldn't care anyways lmao. I've been there.

*dark memories begin to haunt me*

whoever made bracket for this tournament should never be allowed near tio again

for a tournament this size it is completely unacceptable. sparta kick had one of the hardest brackets you could possibly give someone.

also some pools were just completely unfair

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I am posting these for Rizk since he is banned.

1: Ally ($115) - Cool meeting you. No surprise you got first place lol. Thanks for the tips and stuff.
2: Zinoto ($57) - Yoooooo. Most free Diddy right here :yeahboi: . Lol just ****ing with you. Nice job beating Judge! Good seeing you again. We'll duke it out on Wifi later.
3: lain ($31) - I mean how could we have the same birthday bro? June 24 all day. Hype set against Sparta. Nice placing as well. I expect 1st from you next time.
4: Tutu ($20) - Damn bro. You looking like the Geico caveman more and more every time I see you :yeahboi: . Trim that head and beard! Great placing bro! Nice to see you again.
5: judge ($10) - YOOOOOOO. Never knew you knew so much about Arabs. Dating one is crazy too lol. Anyway, awesome set against Zinoto bro. Bring back the old school :metaknight: . Bring MI back to the old days.
5: Mikey Lenetia ($10) - Great seeing you again Mikey. You really do make people feel better when you have a talk with them. Great Peach as always bro. One of the best no doubt.
7: SpartaKick - I looked like a b*tch when I didn't shake your hand after our great set. I feel like we were both adapting to each other so well. Great seeing you and talking to you again. The reason for your lower than expected placing, is because you don't attend as much tournies anymore. Start coming out more bro. Still one of MI's best.
7: Fizzle - Didn't play you and never seen you play. But I heard your D3 *****. Nice stuff and thanks for coming out.
9: SneakyTako - Soooo free! Haha :yeahboi: . Good friendlies. I learned from our Fox vs Rob MU's. Good stuff!
9: Rizk7
9: Kel - Just like SK. My bad for not shaking your hand and saying good game. You gotta realize how annoying it is when game winning Up-smashes don't hit because they were buffered wrong. You didn't Smash DI though just saying :yeahboi: . GGs and thanks for coming.
9: fZk - Always a pleasure seeing you bro. We go back all the way to Gameyard. It's a shame we didn't get to play.
13: LOE1 the LEGEND! - You really are getting better like everyone says. But after game 1, I pretty much started to figure out how you play. I won't say because I don't want you to realize what you're doing wrong. Yes I know, pretty annoying for me to do that :yeahboi:
13: WTP - Idk if I should disrespect you for always going Icies on me, or for always losing when you Icies on me. Lol I remember you saying you knew how to chaingrab, then dropped a lot of grabbed afterward xD. GGs though bro. Don't hard CP me :)
13: ThuGz - Lol no Pikachu? I guess after the gay loss to me at ICE which I think you would have one since I wasn't playing safe, you're starting to go :metaknight: . Shame shame shame.
13: Jcav - Heard you have a **** Wolf. Thanks for coming cuz.
17: FF Xatic - Always good to see you Xatic. That Wario missing?
17: TechChase - I know exactly how you feel considering we went through everything with our texts xD. Don't let stupid losses get you down. You ARE getting better. Don't let other peoples problems get to YOU. Worry about YOURSELF bro. Who gives a sh*t about other people's feelings. That is what gets you distracted. Just worry about yourself bro seriously.
17: Braxton - Heard your Yoshi is better than Dakota's xD. I'll never forget that.
17: Gifts - Nice job bro. You are getting better and I can tell. Almost had me game 3. Keep up the work.
17: Dmg Kor (PzO) - Lol fun seeing you bro. Funny as hell. Get your Wario back to top 3 like before.
17: JKB ?- Cool seeing you man. Come out more.
17: XeroXen - Honestly, great Mario. Sorry I trolled you first game then 3 stocked you the next xD. No hard feeling though. I think I remember you taking 2 stocks off me 3rd game.
17: Coco - Way to low for our previous ranked PR. I know you had a tough bracket. Better luck next time.
25: Jfly ? [Takes Iris's spot for leaving right after pools] - Cool guy.
25: FF Ori_bro - Scruuuuuuub. Should be AT LEAST top 13. You're getting better though as always. Keep that Olimar gay as hell though.
25: goddy - So free :yeahboi:
25: FF JTSM - Fun tourney man. Glad I came out. Sorry for me raging and stuff. Still had a good time.
25: Dogma - Good marth bro. I seen some of your matches. Try to space better and trust me, you will see yourself in the top 13 at LEAST.
25: Ksev - Good Snake. Sorry I went Pikachu on you. Just didn't feel like Playing Fox since I need to move quick with him.
25: FF WuvS - Most Free Yoshi no doubt :yeahboi: . All jokes aside, thanks for the hype and support throughout the day.
25: Gio - I'm sad I didn't get to see the MM between you and Ori. All that hype for nothing :'( . Still, nice job and stay away from Tech's anal cavity. Rumor is that it contains aids :yeahboi:
33: Topix - Nice seeing you again Topix. Badass Jordan hat.
33: clowsui - You gotta relax next time bro. Happens to everyone. I didn't take it personally when you were booing me and cheering on LOE1. It was the heat of the moment. Good Marth and fun MM.
33: Brawlanator - Cool guy no joke. Good Mario.
33: Ben - I seen your matches against Mikey. You were doing well. Thanks for coming.
33: Jfly - I seen your pool, sorry you didn't make it out.
33: R3d - Nice Cario.
33: Ducky - Fun pool matches.
33: Stewy - Yoo, keep those Icies up.
41: me9595 - Heard you Luigi was good.
41: Eazy - Fun friendlies, you ***** my Icies.
41: Nigel - Heard of you, didn't play you though.
41: Trip - Nice GnW.
41: Apasher - Stick with one or 2 mains MAX. Go MK if you have to. Do whatever you can to win.
41: NTG ? - Cool person.

LOE1

Smash Lord
yea, i know what i was doin wrong against you rizk, i just was having a hard time getting around it. next time, ur gonna get it :denzel:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I am posting these for Rizk since he is banned.

17: XeroXen - Honestly, great Mario. Sorry I trolled you first game then 3 stocked you the next xD. No hard feeling though. I think I remember you taking 2 stocks off me 3rd game.
I don't recall playing Rizk. :/

Like, at all. I don't think that happened, lol. I definitely don't think anybody 3-stocked me all day. o-o Unless my memory has just vanished.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
But like, I don't know where I would have played him in three games...

I didn't MM anybody in this game, and he wasn't in my pool or bracket. I only really played friendlies against Tutu, Fizzle, some IN guys, and Brawlanator as far as I'm aware.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
But like, I don't know where I would have played him in three games...

I didn't MM anybody in this game, and he wasn't in my pool or bracket. I only really played friendlies against Tutu, Fizzle, some IN guys, and Brawlanator as far as I'm aware.
Lol it's because you didn't play him. He has your :mario2: confused with Brawlanator. I watched them played a couple of friendlies. I would've liked to see a match between you and Rizk tho.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Btw, good job on 2nd Zinoto. Holdin' it down.
Thanks! Every tourney I learn something new, especially those with OoS players. Hopefully I learn a lot at Don't Blink as well.

EDIT: Every time I look at my post, I remember how awesome my sig is lol. Thanks again Ori, i really like it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
First off, I want to say that this was a pretty well run tournament, ending at 1AM isn't that bad.

But I would advise that we should have started pools earlier if we wanted extra time to do crew battles, side tournies etc. I think registration and pools creation should be done by loser's final of doubles, and instead of just calling pools you should make about 3-4 copies of a list of pools and post them on opposite sides of the venue. That way pools can be "announced" without causing distraction for bracket doubles matches and at the same time people can reference those sheets without pestering TOs.

Roller

Smash Legend
Everyone complaining about the bracket. You're all being dumb.

First of all, Tutu DEFINITELY had the hardest bracket. Like. It's not even a question.
Secondly, I do agree that Tech's spot should have been switched with SK's or Mikey's.
But that is all. There is nothing horribly wrong with that bracket beyond Tech getting an easier bracket than SK. And tbh, SK hasn't been "active" for months now and hasn't had a solid win in half a year. I do still agree he should be seeded above Tech, but this seeding was NOT horrible like some people are claiming.

People need to suck it up, stop blaming it on seeding, and get better.

SK didn't even have it that bad, tbh. He had more than a good shot at making it to GFs. He just lost to tutu which couldn't have been anticipated.. If he beat him, then he had a drunken Judge, then he had a severely out of practice Lain (who he easily beat last time), then Zinoto who he BEAT last time. He underperformed, and Tutu stepped up. It wasn't even the bracket's fault.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Judge wasnt as drunk as you all think he was. He wanted to leave so he could get it in. Lol

:phone:

Top Bottom