• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SnooPingAsUsual Results, 5/5/2012

What's The Point

Smash Master
On Fizzle's seed, I'll take that comment since I was a direct cause. I told them to put him as a second seed. Fizzle's last tournament was Vengeance where he did okay, and before that it was Revenge where he didn't enter singles. He's on that good but inactive list. You put those guys in 2nd seed. I failed to mention that he should have been a high second seed, but I figured it was implied since they considered him for 1st.

As for the rest of pools I think they could have been done better but they were good enough. I think they mishandled the order of 2nd seeds. Ally is the clear top but Tech wasn't the lowest 2nd seed, Fizzle should have been in a lower 1st seed pool than Lain, Judge. Once you get to 3rd seeds, eh. That's the seed where you are fighting to prove you belong in bracket regardless. Looking at the bracket I don't think there is anybody that didn't "deserve" to make it to the bracket.

JTsm

Smash Master
Pools:

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Pool 5

Pool 6

Pool 7

Pool 8

@Tutu: We basically made the mistakes. Staff was fine.

i dont understand how you can look at pool 6 and compare them to the rest and say everything was fine

also pool 5 lmao

i feel bad for xeroxen, he comes to MI and is given like a 4th seed... has to play ally in his pool then lain round 1. wooooooooooow

Pzo should have been a second seed over ori as well. Judge being in my pool would have sucked for me but still made sense, it would have made the most sense in coco's pool since he should have been the lowest first seed.

Also in response to kevin, what was the deciding factor between coco and fizzle, coco fits your description of a second seed as well, so im curios.

But yeah bracket wasn't as bad as my initial knee jerk reaction to it was, it was top heavy but mostly because of mikey abd fizzle having (imo) undeserved 2nd seeds.

@jtsm, you guys are the staff lol.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't see why Pool 2 was that bad. Look at the eventual placings of the bracket players.

1st
13th
17th
17th

An average pool should have a 1st-7th, a 9th, a 17th, and a 25th. This one just happened to have an unbeatable 1st-7th (Ally).

fZk

Smash Lord
i dont understand how you can look at pool 6 and compare them to the rest and say everything was fine

also pool 5 lmao
lmao at you wouldn't have made it out of my pool or at best a 4th seed which is what you got in yours.

In general I do agree that Coco should not have been projected as a first seed, that should have been Mikey or Fizzle or maybe even Tutu (specially after his performance here).

Mikey was a projected 1st seed, but then judge joined late and got put in my pool and then switched with gifts lol.

And i shouldnbt have been a projected 1st seed, my performance was beating Tako/Thugz, and then getting lucky conditions for the rest of the people i beat in bracket.

Rizk distracting mikey, SK not trying, Judge being both drunk and in a hurry to get laid lol

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
o and mikey only got 2nd seed because someone thought it'd be a good idea to sub judge in for gifts in my pool
Judge got first seed because:
Mikey got second seed because:
I got third seed because:
You got forth seed because:

Judge beat you, me and Mikey.
Mikey beat you and me.
I beat you.

Many props to the TOs, and everyone just quit bracket johnning. We can't change it now. Learn from any "mistakes" if thats how you want to see them, and it'll be worked on next time. Don't like what the TO's do, do it yourself. Its as plain and simple as that.

That being said, there was way more emotion at this tourney then I remember ever being at any other tourney. Thats not to say I've never gotten emotional, but not to an extent that was displayed here. We do know its a videogame, right? Learn to control yourself. First impressions stick. And I definitely have a couple attitudes stuck to a couple people, because that was the only way they acted pretty much the entire time.

1: Ally: I wanna play your Pit. Looking much more forward to that then Snake.
2: Zinoto: Great set in teams!
3: lain: YOU DIDN'T REMEMBER MY NAME. But you remembered my godawful character and thats all that matters.
4: Tutu: Fun friendlies. I love playing more obscure matches!
5: judge: I should start bringing fifths to tourneys, just to give you in case i end up with you in pools again.
5: Mikey Lenetia: Don't let anyone get you down Mikey! You're the nicest guy at any tourney, and anyone with a brain knows that. Great seeing you again, and hopefully I can get a little more used to that Peach!
7: Fizzle: Great D3, Macombs coming back with a vengeance for you! Haha, gotta learn the D3 MU better.
13: LOE1 the LEGEND!: You gotta beat me in a MM next time I see you. Respect man.
13: Jcav: Team Borderline is going places
17: TechChase: My only MM and I lose, then you quit so now I can't ever get it back :( I hope you reconsider, you're a good guy
17: JKB: You play a garbage character, you'll never be good.
17: Coco: I promise to give it my all next time. I was very unmotivated to play Ally, lose, and get my hopes down. I didn't know it at the time, but then I would've had to play JCav, the guy I see everyday, and if I somehow won that, play Mikey who 2-0'd me in pools. I'm not trying to make excuses, it was a **** move on my part that ended badly for you. I do feel bad, sorry man.
25: FF Ori_bro: ORIIIII. Great seeing you as always, and plan your smashfests a week and a half or so in advance so I can weasel my way out of work for it.
25: FF JTSM : Great tourney man. Haters gunna hate no matter what, but it left a very good impression with me, being my first in a while.
25: Dogma: Pick up D3 so you can beat me and james forever. And don't get so salty over the new lingo bodying you.
25: Ksev: Very close set, I was shaking for awhile. Hope to see you again!
25: Gio: I've never concentrated and put so much thought into a set than in our pools set. For that, I thank you.
33: R3d: Great work johns. I hope you and your crew can make it to more MI.

Anther: BOOOO I had a headache from laughing so hard for the whole car ride home. Make it to more tourneyssss.

To anyone not mentioned who I played: Everyone was great, seriously. I just avoided the whiners as much as I could.

PLEASE MM OR ASK TO PLAY FRIENDLIES WITH ME IF YOU EVER SEE ME STANDING AROUND.

I had a great time, expect to see Macomb more.

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
MR. C: LARS???????? Better work on your Korean Back dashing!
Haha right! I also need to play him more cause im giving my secondarys more play.. I'll get in touch with brain james so lookout for the top 5 lars in MI ;)

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
Plus this tourny was so weird in so many different ways lol.. The seeding, the salt, the bracket.. Idk if I want to be a pot filler for the next MI tourny unless someone pays for my singles/doubles. Or I'll just stick to tekken .____.

I mean I would have given you two the same seed.

But if i had to choose between you two I'd go with my gut and pick Pzo. I consider him to be a better player and expect him to do better vs more people.

Looking at pool results i would have been right too.

bandit

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Why are you guys complaining about bad seeding when you guys didn't even bother to take the initiative to look over the seeding? Simple as that.

JTsm

Smash Master
Why are you guys complaining about bad seeding when you guys didn't even bother to take the initiative to look over the seeding? Simple as that.
They're not the staff.

TO's are the one's to take the responsibility and we asked Tech.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I don't see why Pool 2 was that bad. Look at the eventual placings of the bracket players.

1st
13th
17th
17th

An average pool should have a 1st-7th, a 9th, a 17th, and a 25th. This one just happened to have an unbeatable 1st-7th (Ally).
That's exactly why it was bad. Almost everyone under Tech/Ally were easily considerable for 3rd seed. Coulda gone either way between Xero/Clowsui/THELEGEND. I even bet if they replayed all their matches, Clowsui might've gotten 3rd or 4th. All 3 people were relatively close in skill. Plus the fact that Ally is instantly going to take 1st, and Tech is pretty well guarenteed 2nd, leaves 4 players and 2 spots open. **** looks like Apex pools for "loe'r" level players. :troll: (bandit)

The average pool should be having those skill gaps. Every other pool seemed fine, a few upsets here and there, but that's what players do, right? We aint no ***** *****s lol.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
That pool was the scariest thing in the world. Not only were all the players damn good but the character selection was like a giant middle finger to me, except for Loe's.

I barely made it out of a super hard pool and then lost to two top-5s in bracket. I'm not even complaining a little, it was fun as hell. We're definitely going to make it back to MI more often.

Judge got first seed because:
Mikey got second seed because:
I got third seed because:
You got forth seed because:

Judge beat you, me and Mikey.
Mikey beat you and me.
I beat you.
was this post designed to waste my time

also i request at the next tournament to not stand behind me and **** talk me during one of my matches, thank you

and fzk, are you saying i'd lose to iris or jfly or apasher? i know you are convinced i'm terrible but... really? you must be pretty embarrassed to have lost to me in that case. it's amusing how you agreed with me that the pool wasnt seeded correctly, but then made sure to slip in that i 'wouldn't make it out', which has nothing to do with what i said. ori status

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
That pool was the scariest thing in the world. Not only were all the players damn good but the character selection was like a giant middle finger to me, except for Loe's.

I barely made it out of a super hard pool and then lost to two top-5s in bracket. I'm not even complaining a little, it was fun as hell. We're definitely going to make it back to MI more often.
Xero I really do wanna apologize for your spot in pools. I had no idea that you were that good I feel so bad that I believed you were a 4th seed when you were abviously a 3rd or even a low 2nd. Next time you guys make it up here you will be seeded MUCH better.

fZk

Smash Lord
and fzk, are you saying i'd lose to iris or jfly or apasher? i know you are convinced i'm terrible but... really? you must be pretty embarrassed to have lost to me in that case. it's amusing how you agreed with me that the pool wasnt seeded correctly, but then made sure to slip in that i 'wouldn't make it out', which has nothing to do with what i said. ori status
I was responding to you saying lmao at my pool, I took that as meaning everybody in my pool was bad. You also complained about your pool being hard, but I think you wouldn't have done any better have you been on my pool since you lost in bracket to my pool's 3rd seed.

I dont think you're bad at all, and I've never said you are, but you seem to have a complaint about everything. And you sure can dish out calling everybody "free" and "bad" all the time but apparently can't take it back.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
UPDATE REGARDING THE VIDS: So, YouTube is acting pretty dumb right now. Gio vs JCav uploaded, but then it was removed because it was too long (the duration was 15:40). The thing is, I have privlages to upload vids longer than 15 min. So either YouTube is acting glichtastic, or my rights to upload vids longer than 15 mins have been revoked.... Which makes no sense because I wasn't imformed about this.

Could someone explain to me this problem?

:phone:

JTsm

Smash Master
You should probably just split it in two parts or it's just somehow glitchy. I'll make a video section pingas.

Edit: Updated.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Xero I really do wanna apologize for your spot in pools. I had no idea that you were that good I feel so bad that I believed you were a 4th seed when you were abviously a 3rd or even a low 2nd. Next time you guys make it up here you will be seeded MUCH better.
Haha, I really don't mind. I'm not really worried about how the seeding took place at that tournament. Honestly, it wasn't the HARDEST pool I've ever been in, but it was pretty close.

And you didn't exactly have any recent tournament results or word of mouth from pretty much anyone because I was inactive for so long. I would've seeded myself the same way to be honest.

Roller

Smash Legend
Not even gonna lie, with Ori switching Characters every 3 months and every other matchup, and LOE1 stepping up his game, along with PzO being pretty good in general, and Gio always psyching himself out in certain matchups resulting in him placing below his skill level consistently; I'd pre-seed them all the same for pools at tourneys.

Top Bottom