• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SnooPingAsUsual Results, 5/5/2012

Roller

Smash Legend
All I know on that is what Tutu told me. But if people believe SK deserved a better bracket than Tutu; and Tutu beat SK and Judge in his bracket... Not only do I not see a problem with SK facing Judge at that point in bracket; I don't see how the preceding sentiment could even be justified.

fZk

Smash Lord
I may have screwed things up by getting 1st seed in pools, that may also make the bracket seem weird.

What seed did Mikey and Tutu get on their pools?

fZk

Smash Lord
So technically there wasn't any "mistakes" on the bracket, it was just very top-heavy? I thought there was something wrong with the seeding and two 1st seeds were playing each other in the second round.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah the only people who seem to ***** about seeding are those who never really place regardless. I never understood why they even bother worrying about that stuff.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Everyone complaining about the bracket. You're all being dumb.
Wow, the ultimate hypocrisy. My gripe about the bracket is the people chosen to be on Ally's side of the bracket, but whatever.

The best thing is though... even when I get legit wins, everyone brushes them off as flukes. And when I haven't had any "flukes" lately, I'm suddenly bad. Like, wowwww. Have to love the MI Smash community. I can't say I'm compelled to go to other tourneys. I'll go to BAMF because I already planned for it, but this **** is ********.

Edit: Another thing that's annoying. If I beat tutu, wouldn't have been a notable win. Since I lost to tutu, it's a notable win. What the ****

Xatic

Smash Lord
Everyone complaining about the bracket. You're all being dumb.

First of all, Tutu DEFINITELY had the hardest bracket. Like. It's not even a question.
Secondly, I do agree that Tech's spot should have been switched with SK's or Mikey's.
But that is all. There is nothing horribly wrong with that bracket beyond Tech getting an easier bracket than SK. And tbh, SK hasn't been "active" for months now and hasn't had a solid win in half a year. I do still agree he should be seeded above Tech, but this seeding was NOT horrible like some people are claiming.

People need to suck it up, stop blaming it on seeding, and get better.

SK didn't even have it that bad, tbh. He had more than a good shot at making it to GFs. He just lost to tutu which couldn't have been anticipated.. If he beat him, then he had a drunken Judge, then he had a severely out of practice Lain (who he easily beat last time), then Zinoto who he BEAT last time. He underperformed, and Tutu stepped up. It wasn't even the bracket's fault.
I mean I see the reason why people were complaining. But It happens every tourney. Kind of used to it by now.

Thanks though. lol

The things that screwed up the seeding is the people we put as 1st seeds in pools, did not get first seeds. I know Coco got 2nd (I think fZk got first in that pool), I know we put SneakyTako as a first seed (Tutu got 1st in that pool), and I know there was at least 1 more beyond that. I mean I do agree that the bracket was a bit top heavy but people not getting our predicted seeding is really what messed things up.

I personally was busy during singles bracket seeding but when I peeked over before we called out the matches I didn't think it was that terrible. I mean, oh well. People complain about seeding at every tourney. Nothing new.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The best thing is though... even when I get legit wins, everyone brushes them off as flukes.And when I haven't had any "flukes" lately, I'm suddenly bad.Like, wowwww. Have to love the MI Smash community. I can't say I'm compelled to go to other tourneys. I'll go to BAMF because I already planned for it, but this **** is ********.

Edit: Another thing that's annoying. If I beat tutu, wouldn't have been a notable win. Since I lost to tutu, it's a notable win. What the ****
Who has ever called any of SK's wins a fluke? I've never heard that. Given, I only talk to AA people, but since AA produces 90% of all trash talk within MI I think it's fair to say that nobody has referred to SK as a fluke winner. The phrase "SK is bad" has never been said at an AA smashfest and we call everybody bad.

But honestly, Tutu's win over you isn't notable. You've only entered two tournaments this year and the one before this you had a very mediocre performance. You're limelight was last year and you'll be having to prove that you're still good. The issue isn't a lack of "flukes", it's a lack of wins.

Note that I didn't seed the bracket but overall it's fine. Kel was expected to do much better. Mikey and Fizzle could have not both been on top but they got second seeds in their pools and were seeded as such.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Interesting results. tbh almost ALL the round 2 winners bracket matches were relatively hard(Top AND bottom half of the bracket). And it doesn't get any easier after that point onwards. If people are going to complain about seeding at EVERY tourney, then clearly seeding isn't the problem if you guys(The TO's) are doing your best to make sure the bracket is adequately balanced. Complaining on smashboards.com doesn't help you get better at Brawl. Practicing helps you get better, and with all the time you've spent complaining about seeding, you could be spending that time improving and overcoming the hard round 2 winners bracket, getting on the PR, and then in turn getting better seeding in pools, and in turn placing higher in pools and getting an easier round 1/2 bracket match, potentially even a bye. You guys really don't think that all the people who place high are just naturally good, do you? The reason Zinoto is Michigans "rising star" is because he practices. Vinnie? He used to be reallllly bad. Look at him now, he's one of the scariest players to ever play against, for ANYONE. Another prime example is ESAM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3W8MYpIbI All I need to do is post this video. A few months after this happened, he went to MLG Dallas and beat Espy. Improvement goes as fast as you make it.

Complaints aside... Shoutouts to Ally trying to steal my Pits spotlight, ****in d-bag. <__< I'll never make the top 5 pit list @ this rate, screw you! And screw you too, Uprising! Everyone all hyped on Pit now. ;~;

Shoutouts to Tutu as well, I told you that you can be in there like swim wear, but you just didn't believe in yourself men.

EDIT: While on the topic of SK, when I went to Michigan, everyone spoke VERY highly of you. Some people were even saying you were at a national level of play. I've heard nothing but good things about you from the Michigan smash scene.

JTsm

Smash Master
SK gettting 1st seed probably should have gotten an easier bracket and the top half of the bracket did needed to get switched around with the other half, but I think that's about it. Brackets are never going to be perfect, and if people really cared, they should have came over to take a look. Overall, I think we did fine.

Roller

Smash Legend
Wow, the ultimate hypocrisy. My gripe about the bracket is the people chosen to be on Ally's side of the bracket, but whatever.

The best thing is though... even when I get legit wins, everyone brushes them off as flukes. And when I haven't had any "flukes" lately, I'm suddenly bad. Like, wowwww. Have to love the MI Smash community. I can't say I'm compelled to go to other tourneys. I'll go to BAMF because I already planned for it, but this **** is ********.

what is happening here...?

I basically just called Tutu's win over you a fluke.. I said you underperformed.. I implied you are better than your placing, and that you probably should have made it to GFs if it wasn't for said "fluke."

In addition, I have never referred to any of YOUR wins as a fluke.. wtf? I've never heard that said by ANY MI player in my earshot with the singular exception of Ragequaza..

I think you are one of the top 2-3 players in the state (better than me), and I don't think I've ever said anything to the contrary. Why are you upset with me? I really don't understand. ;;

ok

on the top half of the bracket we have: ally (****), sparta kick (beast), coco (PR), tutu (PR), mikey (PR), me (:yeahboi:), fizzle (beast), and lain (****)

the bottom half we have: kel (best in ohio), judge (hasnt played in over a year/drunk), tech (PR), sneaky (****), zinoto (free)

yeah...

Xatic

Smash Lord
SK really is top 3 in the state. Wish he was more active (though I'm helping him be more active with offering him gas money/carpooling with him :denzel: )

So hopefully he'll be able to come out more. GET DIS MAN RANKED SON.

Roller

Smash Legend
ok

on the top half of the bracket we have: ally (pit only), sparta kick (inactive), coco (free), tutu (below tech on PR), mikey (2nd seed), me (loses to wolf), fizzle (beast), and lain (extremely inactive)

the bottom half we have: kel (among top in ohio), judge (has won a national), tech (PR), sneaky (****), zinoto (#1 in MI), fzk (better than gio :yeahboi:)

yeah...
hmm, I can see why that would be a problem. Bottom looks way more stacked, imo..

Anyone can play that game.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Who has ever called any of SK's wins a fluke? I've never heard that. Given, I only talk to AA people, but since AA produces 90% of all trash talk within MI I think it's fair to say that nobody has referred to SK as a fluke winner. The phrase "SK is bad" has never been said at an AA smashfest and we call everybody bad.

But honestly, Tutu's win over you isn't notable. You've only entered two tournaments this year and the one before this you had a very mediocre performance. You're limelight was last year and you'll be having to prove that you're still good. The issue isn't a lack of "flukes", it's a lack of wins.

Note that I didn't seed the bracket but overall it's fine. Kel was expected to do much better. Mikey and Fizzle could have not both been on top but they got second seeds in their pools and were seeded as such.
I mean, using tourney performance for seeding is obviously what you're supposed to do, but I don't see how you can exclusively seed like that. Like if Lain was seeded as he actually was on the PR for this tourney, that's bad. Anyone could have told that he was going to beat everyone on the PR ahead of him except Zinoto at this tourney. See below for an explanation on the fluke thing.

what is happening here...?

I basically just called Tutu's win over you a fluke.. I said you underperformed.. I implied you are better than your placing, and that you probably should have made it to GFs if it wasn't for said "fluke."

In addition, I have never referred to any of YOUR wins as a fluke.. wtf? I've never heard that said by ANY MI player in my earshot with the singular exception of Ragequaza..

I think you are one of the top 2-3 players in the state (better than me), and I don't think I've ever said anything to the contrary. Why are you upset with me? I really don't understand. ;;
The only thing that was directed toward you that I posted was the first two sentences. The rest wasn't directed at you, it was at the majority of everyone. Basically what I'm going off of is what various people told me at the tourney. Tech for instance told me that my most recent win against Lain was treated as a fluke for the PR, so... lol. Lain told me something else, etc, etc. I'll admit I exaggerated the fluke thing, but to say it was never said isn't true. And I'm not upset with you and hold no grudges. You just post some of the most controversial, and hypocritical things.

Anyone could have told that he was going to beat everyone on the PR ahead of him except Zinoto at this tourney. See below for an explanation on the fluke thing.
haha like i said this just isnt true

and forget it, i know no one is going to listen to me anyways.

o and mikey only got 2nd seed because someone thought it'd be a good idea to sub judge in for gifts in my pool...

What's The Point

Smash Master
SK don't you have a winning record against Lain, or at the very least won the last two times you've played? Not even Lain thought Lain was going to get 3rd.

judge (hasnt played in over a year/drunk),
o and mikey only got 2nd seed because someone thought it'd be a good idea to sub judge in for gifts in my pool...
Which is it? Is Judge good or bad?

I mean, in hindsight, I'd have swapped one person from the top to the bottom. But overall it's fine. People at this tournament won matches against people they don't (usually) beat. That's fine because that's why you have tournaments.

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean, using tourney performance for seeding is obviously what you're supposed to do, but I don't see how you can exclusively seed like that. Like if Lain was seeded as he actually was on the PR for this tourney, that's bad. Anyone could have told that he was going to beat everyone on the PR ahead of him except Zinoto at this tourney. See below for an explanation on the fluke thing.

The only thing that was directed toward you that I posted was the first two sentences. The rest wasn't directed at you, it was at the majority of everyone. Basically what I'm going off of is what various people told me at the tourney. Tech for instance told me that my most recent win against Lain was treated as a fluke for the PR, so... lol. Lain told me something else, etc, etc. I'll admit I exaggerated the fluke thing, but to say it was never said isn't true. And I'm not upset with you and hold no grudges. You just post some of the most controversial, and hypocritical things.
@the WTP part, to be fair, Lain DID lose to Mikey at the last tourney, and hasn't played (to my knowledge) since.

@part intended for me: I'll agree that I post some controversial thoughts. But so do most people worth listening to. If someone only posts sentiments that nobody will argue with I'll label them a kiss-*** craven and not think them worth their weight in spit.

I do acknowledge that I can be hypocritical at times, I wont deny it. And to be honest, I don't know many who can claim otherwise. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong in this instance; sometimes it's easier to see the objective truth of a situation when you aren't the object of the truth.

I apologize for my demeanor though, especially lately. I'm planning to write a public apology for my recent behavior when I can get around to it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Mikey got 2nd seed because he is good.

@ Roller - I want some flowers and candy with that apology too, hoe.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
SK don't you have a winning record against Lain, or at the very least won the last two times you've played? Not even Lain thought Lain was going to get 3rd.
Uh... no. I think going with the most "recent" sets it puts it like 3-1 in his favor or something. And weren't you the one who said my win against lain was a fluke in the PR discussion anyway? Which is it?

@the WTP part, to be fair, Lain DID lose to Mikey at the last tourney, and hasn't played (to my knowledge) since.

@part intended for me: I'll agree that I post some controversial thoughts. But so do most people worth listening to. If someone only posts sentiments that nobody will argue with I'll label them a kiss-*** craven and not think them worth their weight in spit.

I do acknowledge that I can be hypocritical at times, I wont deny it. And to be honest, I don't know many who can claim otherwise. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong in this instance; sometimes it's easier to see the objective truth of a situation when you aren't the object of the truth.

I apologize for my demeanor though, especially lately. I'm planning to write a public apology for my recent behavior when I can get around to it.
I didn't even say it was bad you posted controversially. I just explained why I called out your post and you were like "Y SK, Y?".

What's The Point

Smash Master
he's good enough to get 5th. which someone else in my pool also got
I'm aware he's good. I was pointing out that you said the bottom half was weak and cited Judge (For inactivity and alcohol) but then used Judge being good as the reason why Mikey got 2nd seed.

Uh... no. I think going with the most "recent" sets it puts it like 3-1 in his favor or something. And weren't you the one who said my win against lain was a fluke in the PR discussion anyway? Which is it?
I said last two times so at worst it's 1-1. The main point being that the last time you've played you won and I know you've done that a few times before.

I don't recall the PR discussion from two seasons ago but I doubt I called it a fluke. Lain (and Anther) going to and losing at PS1 was basically how we determined the PR.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Yeah I kinda went wtf when that happened.

Here's the problem.

The pool I was first placed in (that I heard of) was SK, I was perfectly content with that. Then I think 10 mins later Chi (not 100% sure) told me I was in Derek's pool. Obviously that couldn't happen since I play him the most in the state. I get switched to another pool and go out and have a few drinks with Nick (because I was in the second wave.) I come back and find out I am now in Mikey's pool (I play him almost as much as I play with Derek.) Obviously that couldn't happen either. Idk why they just switched me with Nick and that obviously wasn't the right decision because it made that pool super stacked.

Nick, Mikey and Gio should NOT have been in the same pool. You guys REALLY need to look over pools before announcing them. Hell even Nick and Mikey should NOT have been in the same pool because we play fairly often at Dereks. There where a number of changes (not only mine) that where made after pools where already started and it made everything a mess. It is not our job as tournament attendees to come over and fix the bracket. Also Xatic was doing most of the heavy lifting on the TO end. The other TO's should have stepped up and they didn't.

Also: I like how I got asked if it would be a problem if I had to play Nick first round of bracket. Same problem as before, he is one of three people in this state the most. Things like these should be easy to spot yet it happened 3 times...

D

Deleted member

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g218/iamphotobucket/tumblr_m28gc2R74p1qbgksw.gif

As many of you may know Brawl hasn't been my main game for a while, I was debating whether or not to come to this or go to a SF tournament, but I'm glad I did. I didn't enter with a competitive mindset, but one to just meet all the new players and see faces I haven't seen in who knows how long.

1: Ally ($115) :pit: FEWTDIVE, what an appropriate name. It was fun playing literally like 50 matches of Marvel with you. It was slowlyyyyyyyy coming back to me.
2: Zinoto ($57) :diddy: Too bad we didn't get to MM, I feel like I could've done a lot better than how I did in our bracket match. :urg:
3: lain ($31) :metaknight::popo: Same old song and dance. You should get a haircut though.
4: Tutu ($20) :sheilda: I had fun messing around with your in friendlies.
5: judge ($10) :wario::metaknight::lucario::yoshi: Too many words. :woman:
5: Mikey Lenetia ($10) :peach: MIKEEEEEEEEEyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. ;)
9: fZk :diddy: Stay in touch. :bee:
13: LOE1 the LEGEND! :warioc::diddy: LOE1 THE PRODIGY.
13: WTP :falco::metaknight::lucario::yoshi: Always fun to talk to and play.
17: FF Xatic :wolf::falcon: Too bad we didn't get to talk or play, but it was nice seeing you.
17: TechChase :warioc::dedede::snake: Free? Don't be mad I'm changing my name to Vertical Horizion. :reverse: I don't think I've ever seen someone get so devastated by a loss before, I had no idea how much this game means to you. :( It looked like someone just killed your parents or something.
17: Dmg Kor (PzO) :metaknight::snake::wario: What an interesting name you got there. :smirk:
25: FF Ori_bro :olimar: Koool OTORI BRUHhhhhhhhhhhhh. :)

25: goddy :metaknight: EVEN THE GREAT ONES HAVE TO LOSE ONCE IN A WHILE.

25: FF JTSM :snake: Hi.
25: Dogma :marth: DAT MARF. Pretty sneaky, sis!
25: FF WuvS :yoshi: FRAaaaaaaaaaaaaY? Free is me ****ing around in all of my matches and having my name still be above yours. heuehueuhueuhhue. ;) I'll stop being so mean to you, you seem like an awwwwwright individual. I still want my money match though, bruh.
25: Gio :metaknight: I don't think we got to play at all. Dayum shame. :(
--------Pools cut-off-------------
33: Topix :ness: Got to meet you in person, I didn't get to play any games with you though. :\
33: Brawlanator :mario: Keep working on your Mario and just keep coming to offline events too and you should be fine. Having a training partner like Zinoto doesn't hurt either.
41: Apasher :dedede: Keep at it, you can't get any worse, right? :woman:

MR. C: LARS???????? Better work on your Korean Back dashing!
Notra: NOTRAMAGMAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa, nice seeing you.
Hot ArmS: You little rascal! Where's my MM?

FF MM HIT LIST :smirk:
[] XATIC
[] JTSM
[] FF WUBZ
[X] FF ORI BROHS

1 down and 3 to go.

I wonder why I'm so powerful.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Also Xatic was doing most of the heavy lifting on the TO end. The other TO's should have stepped up and they didn't.
I personally thought JTsm did fine for his first time TOing. I had to explain certain things to him over the course of the tourney and it was pretty difficult to try and keep an eye over everything as such.

No one should be blaming JTsm for this. It's his first tourney and I feel like he did amazing given the situation. No one thought that this would have 22 teams and 48 entrants for singles. Seeding could have been a LITTLE better, but with the exception of the judge,mikey,gio pool I fail to see what else could have been done differently for pools.

Bracket: yeah top half was more stacked than bottom half but I wasn't going to sit there RIGHT after finishing my pools match with Tutu (which was the legit last pool match of the tourney) and spend another 10minutes figuring out where to put kids. I looked it over just to see if 1st seeds were playing 4th and 2nd seeds were playing 3rds.

JTsm shouldn't get ANY blame for this tourney. He did a very fine job for his first. If you want to blame anyone for anything blame me for taking on such a heavy load for co-TOing. But overall, I think the tourney was ran fine. There was a few mix-ups in pools seedings but I didn't think we needed to switch people in pools around the 40 times we did. I saw 2 issues with pools, not the 9-10 we changed.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I would like to point you to the spot in my post where it says with the exception of the mikey,judge,gio pool

lol

Already apologized for that. idk who else was in your pool but I thought you would've gotten 3rd. (don't remember who else was in that pool.)

Btw mikey only got 2nd seed because they threw judge in his pool, they should have put judge in either my pool or coco's simce tako and coco should have been the lowest first seeds, maybe not tako depending on how you seeded him, but coco is below mikey on the PR and should have gotton a harder pool.

Ori and loe1 both should have received 3rd seeds going into pools, braxton and Xeroxen both deserved 2nd or third, and because this didnt happen ypu ended up with a pool with a first seed 2 2nd seeds, and 3 3rd seeds(clowsui's pool).

The main problem with what happend with seedong is that the people seeding arent the best judges of Skill of MI players and had some of the states least experience with OoS players. If the pools were recorded hopefully someone can upload them but what i remember were

Tako Tutu Gifts Xatic Stewy Pony

Ally Tech Clowsui Xeroxen Loe1 < hardest pool by far due to having 3 people who deserved at least 3rd seed

Zinoto Ori Dogma all i remeber of this pool < possibly the easiest pool after mine for making it into bracket.

Kel WTP Braxton Thugz Topix <not too poorly seeded, but braxton shpuld have had a 2nd seed over ori

SK and Pzo's pool, dont remember who was in that.

Mikey Gio Judge dont remember the rest

Coco FzK dont remember the rest.

Lain Fizzle

Can anyone complete the pools for me?

Me and fzk got the two lowest first seeds whoch should have gone to fizzle(who should have been a first seed anyway) then tech/myself then braxton/WTP/Xeroxen/FzK.

MI seeding is bad, if you want to use the excuse well you earned your seed in pools, seed pools better, the amount of upsets that happened in pools were stupid, and are a sign of improper seeding.

Also@JTSM it's the responsibility of the T.O. Staff to make sure the seeding is done well, you cant tell us "well you should have done bracket yourself" take responsility for either making mistakes in seeding or picking bad staff.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I remember my pools results being:
1. Tutu
2. Tako
3. Me
4. Gifts
5. Stewy
6. Pony

I don't remember who did it or why judge and gifts were switched around like that. If for some reason it was me and I don't remember, again I'm sorry.

I remember our predicted first seeds and that was it.

Our predicted first seeds were *not in order*:
Ally
Coco
Kel
lain
SpartaKick
Zinoto
Mikey
SneakyTako

(judge was not a predicted first seed because he joined late)

I'll try and remember some of our predicted 2nds *again not in order*:
** = see below for the reasoning since I know I'll get yelled at otherwise. I'm sure I'll get yelled at regardless but I want you guys to know the reason.
Tutu
TechChase
Ori**
Fizzle**
WTP

I can't remember the rest.

Ori** = the reason we did this was because he has beaten Gio and Rizk recently and I didn't know Braxton before this (yes it's my fault for not knowing who people are and how good they are, so I asked and trusted the people around me to make the call.)
Fizzle** = the reason he wasn't first seed was because again I wasn't sure who he was and again I trusted the people around me to make the call.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
√ Tako, Tutu, Gifts, Xatic, Stewy, Pony

• Ally, Tech, Clowsui, Xeroxen, Loe1,

• Zinoto, Rizk7,

• Kel, WTP, Braxton, Thugz, Topix,

√ SK, Ori, PzO, Dogma, R3D, NGT

• Mikey, Judge, Gio

• Coco, fZk, JCav,

• Lain, Fizzle, WuvS,
Thats all I have off the top of my head, every pool had 6 since we had 48 entrants

The one pool I gripe about is Derek's but after Xatic, Clowsui, and I spent 5-7 minutes trying to fix it, Clowsui said to keep it as is.

Pools was the one thing I disliked making the most, bracket had maybe 1 or 2 things to fix and that was it.

fZk

Smash Lord
For Tutu:

My pool was
fZk (1st)
Coco (2nd)
Jcav (3rd)
Iris (4th)
Jfly (5th)
Apasher (6th)

Since Iris left after pools Jfly took his spot in the bracket. Jcav was gonna get 1st seed because he beat me and had a one match advantage over me a Coco but then he lost his last set to Iris and dropped to 3rd.

Top Bottom