• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STYKz - High Point, NC - Jul 26, 08 - Melee/Brawl tourny

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pp i play snake and rob, odds are i'm not nearly as good as them but i can give you some practice with both of them

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Awesome, two matchups I could use the practice with. What I really need also is more of Peter. He messes with your head so bad, it's ridiculous. ROB is a tough character for Marth though, so I look forward to the practice. Lol I just realized those are the characters Karn is gonna whup me with.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
Shawn Johnson is the goddess of everything, she's a top tier character, I play her all the time.

Anyway, I'll need to step my game up by playing another top tier character in both Melee/Brawl like...GANONDORF! Not top tier? THAT'S A LIE! Meta Knight and Snake have nothing on Ganondorf, mainly because Ganondorf's forward tilt a.k.a. Sparta Kick, destroys anything in its path.

I've now said my piece

Krii

Smash Journeyman
@.@ LOL idk >.> im buzzed i can't concentrate on anything... i just got the new ps3 with MGS4 @.@

lord karn

Smash Master
Awesome, two matchups I could use the practice with. What I really need also is more of Peter. He messes with your head so bad, it's ridiculous. ROB is a tough character for Marth though, so I look forward to the practice. Lol I just realized those are the characters Karn is gonna whup me with.
ROB only has the advantage over Marth if you camp like a *******. If the ROB isn't camping I think Marth has the advantage. However, Snake definitely has the advantage over Marth.

lord karn

Smash Master
I'm not really sure. Either way, if ROB ftilts and it misses Marth can easily punish it. The difficulty of being aggressive against Marth with ROB is because it's hard to pressure Marth close up because of forward b and fair.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ROB has wicked defense and gimping abilities though. I can't exactly play my usual spacing game and get away with it because of that Ftilt and Fair.
Lol, I guess I don't have to feel bad about losing to you on Japes now lol. I'd love to john about the Rainbow Cruise match though, I feel like I could've had it, but ROB is a beast on that stage...too good Karn lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol finally some OOS guy(s)! I'll try to talk about this in some other threads to advertise later on. I hope phate isn't the only one lol.

lord karn

Smash Master
ROB has wicked defense and gimping abilities though. I can't exactly play my usual spacing game and get away with it because of that Ftilt and Fair.
Lol, I guess I don't have to feel bad about losing to you on Japes now lol. I'd love to john about the Rainbow Cruise match though, I feel like I could've had it, but ROB is a beast on that stage...too good Karn lol.
Marth is actually pretty hard to gimp. His upb is fast and protects him pretty well and he floats at the edge for some reason if he misses for longer than most characters. The main difficulty I find with Marth is the speed of the fair and forward b. It seems really difficult to approach you without you punishing me. If you had known the timing of my nair, I think you would have beaten me more easily at the tourney. A lot of my approaches were just nairs that you didn't know how to fight. Still, ROB probably has an advantage when camping, as is shown by my victory on Japes and Cruise. I just hate playing that way so I just do it on counterpicks when I have to. I'd rather learn snake than ROB camping.

Malk

Smash Champion
PP it's too bad you waited to team with l0zr until after a game came out that he sucked at

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol wow Malk quadruple post. Very nice. I'm not sure if he's wanting to team up with me for Brawl or not yet. I would certainly team with him for both if that's what he wanted to do. Besides, I wasn't good enough to team with him at earlier tournaments anyways.

Karn: yeah you're right about the Nair thing. I thought our matches over, and I decided that I was gonna watch for your Nairs and see how I did during our matches. Apparently you're also too smart with that stuff as well. I've been working on it, and I may have an idea on how to play a campy ROB, but that doesn't mean I'll win at all. I know that you can adapt better than I can.
Also, I'm curious to see how your Snake will play. I'm feeling pretty good about the matchup after playing against Peter, but Peter isn't everyone. Despite all of that, you have the experience one hundred fold over me, so I know it won't be easy, but I'm ready for that challenge!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LoZR, you wanting to team for the Brawl tournament as well as Melee? I have no problems either way, but Twitch probably won't have a partner for Brawl if I team with you.
I'm ready for our singles matches more than anything though. Gonna be intense son.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
oh yes, be ready my friend. Ill be ready as well this time so watch it sonnnnnnnn. And team for brawl well yeah lets do it.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
ok that's awesome! 2 weeks manz! I think there is gna be a surplus gof brawl, but we need melee discs too! don't forget yall!

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
I just had the most awesome thought that I could come to this, then I remembered I'm having surgery on the 21st, and I might not be better by then. *fingers crossed*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Surgery for what man? You gonna be alright? Assuming everything is all good, I hope you can make it to this, it's been since I was at Rokcy's and saw you for like 2 hours lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll bring Melee as well, and I can bring my Cube provided that BEHR talk to Vilt about getting my cord for it back to me there. My Wii doesn't like my Melee disc for whatever reason.

Top Bottom