• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 2 Result Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I never understood the spliting concept, and I've seen two people split for first place, but how exactly do three people split for first place?

what exactly are you asking?

there was only 3 people left in the tournament, so instead of playing out the finals matches, they just split the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize money equally, three ways.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I kinda thought that, I just didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Also, I just read about it, and I'm kinda pissed about what happened to 1337-0... He's so cool, why him. I mean, why anyone has to get their stuff stolen is just wrong, but why him of all people...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
agreed,

also, important subject that I need input from everyone in this region on.

Im going to do another rochester tourney in march, what date is good for everyone?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Not March 28th, the Boondocks are back. XD Actually, I don't feel well about the whole span of "20th" days since my birthday is in that week.

I'd say early March would be the best. Like the 14th...

altairian

Smash Lord
agreed,

Im going to do another rochester tourney in march, what date is good for everyone?
You might want to avoid the last weekend in March if you're looking to get people to travel, cause PAX is in Boston that weekend. Personally either March 6 or March 20 are best. The 13th I'll be working because I'm taking the middle of that week off to play through all of FF13 in like 3 sittings :p
I guess if you're doing sundays then the only sunday I'm not available is the 7th.

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
silver- i dont think we played much but thanks for comming man! your welcome to any of my tourneys!
If someone can give me a place to sleep and some transportation I'll be there. If the next one is as good as this I wouldn't miss it.

Your shield break on Ian was the funniest thing I saw all tournament.
That just HAD to happen in a tourney match... gg.

Ian: stop sucking :p you're not allowed to let me almost win.
You looked sad so I tried to give you hope. Then you suicided last stock.

Silver = no winning.
Can't help it if you suicide!

Silver- We didn't play :(
I KNOW! I wanted some more falcon practice, but got held up by foxes. Next time dude.

Sharky: We forgot the hot sauce MM! I need redemption after that spicy wing MM.

Tsai: That was TOO MANY JIGGS DITTOS! But they were fun. Round resting ftw. We gotta get some more pichu vs. sheik matches next time.

N64: GG. Just eight more rests and I would've won that set.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im down for whenever. i feel like this shouldnt really be discussed in here though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this isnt going to be a massive regional again, its just a local tourney, im not trying to get people from across the country to come through. so having a tourney the week after veridian isnt going to be a big deal.

EDIT: au contrair monsueir cura, i believe this is the perfect place to ask about the next tournament, since everyone that was at this one (at least in our region) are the ones whose opinions I want about the next one. and since this is where everyone is going to be, i figure its the easist place to ask.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Wow. I gotta say, I DEFINITELY LOVE travelling 3+ hours and paying entry fees only to play the person I get to play the most second round TWO TOURNAMENTS IN A ROW. WTF ever happened to region based seeding?

1. DMBrandon -It was nice to meet you, (if you don't remember Im that fool who mains ROB) Thanks for the advice, you really know what you're talking about.
1. Zucco- Beast Lucario, great job comboing the **** out of me in doubles
4. PikaPika!- Sorry I didnt get to give you two bucks at this
5. San- Its always great to see you, thanks for the compliments, keep ****** please
5. Cura- It was great to see you again, it was fun getting ***** in melee. I was glad we got some brawl friendlies in at your place, i dont think we got around to playing that much at rochester.
7. Dr Grandpa- Love the DK
7. Snakeee- Good stuff, do better though. Youre definitely better than how youve been placing, you just need to become more familiar with MK
9. 1337-0- GGs, you really are as good as everyone made you out to be. I kinda wish I wasn't so skeptical though, lol. Keep playing and move up to the next level, you're good enough for that.
9. James- I'm assuming you're the Lucario? Great job man, you really have a natural feel for this game. If you wanted to, you could actually go pretty far.
9. Kanto- We only played like 1 set at Curas... whats up with that? Great placement btw
9. Sharky- Great job, I told you you could take goodies. Keep on ****** with yoshi
13. Sleep- I like the diddy, I would have like to have played some friendlies with you...
13. Kid- Sorry I didnt have any money to give you at this.
13. Acton- Nice improvement, you've got the tech skill, now larn to play the game.
17. Alt- GET AT THAT IMPROVEMENT!! Great job man, keep getting better.
17. Silver- I really dont think we look that much alike lol. Good job at this
17. CJT- Nice placement for someone who DID NOT WIN A SINGLE SET.
17. Allied- It was nice talkin to ya, idk if you remember me. I wish we coulda gotten some friendlies in
17. Sheth- Too bad we didnt have time to play much. I was the one who played Link against you in that friendly
17. Goodies- Get ***** by Yoshi lol jk. Too bad we didnt get any friendlies in.
25. Jon- I wanted to play some matches against your ZSS
25. Sayan- Way to make it to Curas. We didnt get to play at all. great job.
25. Eevee- It was great to see you again, I guess we both had a good time losing in singles eh? Sucks about dubs though.
25. Magoo- Way to be there.
33. Dudutsai- Way to place lower than someone who wasn't even there.

1. Shadow and DMBrandon- Good job taking our money.
2. Snakeee and Cura- Epic sets. You guys kicked some ***, beast marth, Cura.
3. Ether And Zucco- Nice job ****** us, you guys are legit.
4. Pikapika! and JesiahTEG- Haha, we almost took you to game 3 again. ****ing dash attack lol
5. ROBasaurus Rex- good ****, you won some tough matches!
7. Alt and 1337-0- EAT OUR PLACEMENT, *****ES!!!!!
13. Sheth and Eevee- :(
Sleep and whats his name: I dont remember ur team name, sorry about the gay CP. You guys were great though.

W/CNY Smash community: I hate to say this, but I will be quitting competitive smash. Now first of all, don't get me wrong. You guys are awesome, and I love to see you and all, but Im really not enjoying competitive smash like I used to. TBH, its at the point where its not worth the money or the hassle to go to these for me. This is something I have been thinking about for quite some time now, and I almost decided not to go to this one. In fact, I really shouldnt have even gone to this one, considering that going to this meant not buying some of my textbooks for this semester. But I decided that this has been planned for so long and that I like yall too much, so I went anyway. But now, its time I make the mature decision and just accept that smash really cant be as much of a priority for me as it has been thus far. Now, thats not to say that you'll never see me again. Eventually, Ill probably go to a smashfest or something, and Ill definitely be posting from time to time on all your threads. But for now, I kinda need to move on and prioritize. Sharky, Im really sorry I gotta go and drop out like this, especially since we were getting so good at doubles and all. To all, love ya guys.
tl;dr: Thanks, that was fun.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
awww now who am I gonna get a free 5$ from at every tournament that i go to?

but on the real, its sucks but we all have to grow up some day I suppose. i do hope to see your around from time to time tho.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Looks like you'll have to figure out some other way to pay for your BK.

Ill be around eventually. I gotta get some things straightened out first.

idea

Smash Master
Thank you all for dealing with this **** and having a somewhat good tourney. i hope this doesnt steer you away from comming back to the next one.
i think our whole car agreed we'd come back again. it was fun despite all the initial problems. you did a great job handling the situation. hopefully you can get a bigger venue next time, though :bee:

a post on the internet website Smash World Forums
lol, i wonder why i didn't play you. i don't even think i saw you anywhere. i remember talking to you while we were both waiting in line for the bathroom at ROM1 =P

Idea- That set sucked. lol Go from last hit of last stock first match to a 4 stocking with 2 suicides in the second match. I will have to say that a kid stood up right in front of me on one of those rests but obviously I was losing regardless. ggs
lol, sorry. to be fair, i've been playing with stos' link for a while now. you have to throw way more projectiles.

13. Idea - Of all the jiggs I played, you countered my tactics most. Honestly, if you hit your rests, you probably would have beaten me. Good to see you improving man, and I hope to get to play you again.
hehe, thanks. but if you want us to play again you have to NOT QUIT.

Idea- We need to play more next time, I love playing v jiggs and you're very chill. Good hanging out this weekend glad you made it. Work on those secondaries if you pick falcon it'd be cool !
thanks. i probably will pick falcon. he's so cool. and especially if i intend to keep using this controller...it doesn't seem to want me to waveshine. and thanks again for housing us, i hope we didn't cut into your homework time too much.

Not March 28th, the Boondocks are back. XD Actually, I don't feel well about the whole span of "20th" days since my birthday is in that week.

I'd say early March would be the best. Like the 14th...
oh hey, really? i hope 3rd season is better than 2nd...

aand other people i didn't think to quote and don't want to go back a few pages for...

hubble -- haha, i'm glad i recognized you. that's a good sign actually, i'm normally so bad at remembering which smashers are which. see you at LBT2 hopefully.
foy -- nice plaid...jacket...thing =P

/unnecessarily long post

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that CJT. =s It was nice knowing you.

I mean I'd sleep on that decision you made for a few weeks though. I know you had plans to go to viridian with Alt and maybe going to events like that is a bit over the top but having some fun in moderation isn't to bad. Going to a tourney every 2-3 months shouldn't cost THAT much.

Life is to enjoy, not to endure man.

If you feel that you need to focus more on studies, then just cut back on smash some.

I mean I know where your coming from though, its hard to be competitive in this game, plus put effort into your studies.

But smash is like a marathon, not a sprint. I work full time 40 hours a week, and only play smash like 2 hours a day, and once on the weekends, doesn't cut into my schedule to much and look at how much I've improved.

Thanks for cutting us some slack with the probs our tourney had. I for one really appreciate it. =P

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I play Brawl maybe 3 hours a week.

Melee maybe.... 5-6... a day*shot* But I honestly don't get to play very often, when it comes to Brawl anyway...

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Well I understand where everyone is coming from with balancing money/brawl. To be competitive in brawl means your trying to better yourself.

Just by looking at the results of the past two tournies in this area its evident that traveling players are the ones who usually are the best.

If you want to get better you really have to travel to places like NJ where the meta game is really advanced.

Traveling cost money, not to mention going to places like NJ will at least have to be made into a two day event. Plus the person whose driving has to put their car on the line for the trip.

So its hard to balance competitive brawl with real life responsibilities.

I mean if I didn't have four people in my area willing to go to viridian and pay a fair amount of money for the trip, I wouldn't be going. I guess I'm just fortunate to have a steady job and a decent enough sized smash crew in the area.

Albany only has three people, and a lot of smashers are college students with limited amounts of income so its even worse for them then it is for me. ><

idea

Smash Master
oh, i should also add that my melee disc was stolen.

which raises the question...how could there possibly be a consumer base for stolen copies of melee? like what, do they sell them out of the back of a white van somewhere?

edit: continued lazy shoutouts

everyone i played in brackets who i haven't mentioned yet: gg.
pikapika: i'll get you next time. if i hadn't lost to you, canada would have been entirely in the top 10 for both events =( unless i had gotten a bye like...
dudutsai: it was fun teaming. i still say jiggs is more fun if you wavedash around and fastfall aerials and stuff =P

brawl players on that big tv: way to have interesting matches! especially san's ike and the diem vs. shadow metaknight dittos. crazy stuff. i don't understand most of what's going on but i can tell just by watching that you guys are good.

but i still think it's dumb that you can charge smashes and actually hit people at high level play <_<

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to be a ****, but a lot of tournies do have a rule stating that stolen stuff isn't the responsibility of the TO(viridian for one). People need to watch their stuff better, its hard though I know.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its not the TOs responsibilty for lost or stolen items but that doesnt make me feel any better that that still happened during one of my events, and its doesnt make the guy or guys that did it any less of a douchebag(s) that needs to get stabbed in the throat, and die in a fire.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
agreed,

I don't think the first weekend works. RIT is gone til that sunday methinks.

Foy

Smash Champion

Foy: I think Shun (BP100) had it right when he called you the Mascot of our region, one of the funniest most recognisable people in the region. you keep up the standard for our region in playing random as hell characters. Keep practicing, maybe youll be good one day... =P

Mascot sounds dirty though. Poster Child...>_>

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
Skye: your fox was the most rediculously over-technical thing ive ever seen lol. but your techskill is no match for my reading and mindgames lol. you were the one I pulled like 15 downsmashes on with ganon right? you were begging me for more games, and I wanted to keep playing, but I wanted to play everyone that i could, and i had to TO the joint too so im sorry.

LOL thanx bro. and no i dont member gettin down smashed wit ganon. i only faced one ganon the whole tourny. u sure it was me? lol

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Rayne Ex- Really fun talking to you. Such a nice guy, maybe we can play next time while you give me advice.

Kirby Kaze- Thanks for the advice and matches! I wish we played more.

Unknown- Didn't play and didn't talk as much this time :\ you seemed pretty tired.

Zoso- You're so good, I wish I could play you again every week at Mass Minis :(

JesiahTEG- Good matches in tournament. Sorry if I seemed a bit down, it was really intense

N64- Great playing you again! I think I'm closer than when we first met, so at least I'm improving (at least a little?). Good job knocking out all the puffs at this tournament lol.

Roman- Thanks for the hamburger!! Too bad you didn't beat Jesse we would have had our fated match.

Hero- Didn't play, but your Marth looks so good. I can't wait to play you.

Manalord- Always a pleasure playing you! The only person who doesn't complain when I camp. Sometimes even I feel bad about my playstyle, it's people like you that make it so I don't just quit smash from shame.

Sanu- Good talking to you while playing you. Dang that window was cold!

Goodies- Good games. I play a lot of peach :D

Snakeee- Fun playing you at the pre-smash. Good job wrecking in both games

Idea- Great to finally meet you. Teams was really intense (even though double puff is not good). I hope I didn't have to be carried too much! Puff dittos was really fun too, and good job destroying me with fox.

Silver- Jigglypuff dittos AND Brawl? I had tons of fun playing you before and during this tournament. Your low tiers are too good!

Sky- Crazy technical fox! I can't believe we didn't play when I was in MA. I'll find you for matches next time.

Cura- Thanks again for housing all of us! You're melee game is getting better every time I see you.

Kid- Don't talk yourself down all the time! I don't know why everyone says you're trash, but I think as soon as you learn to deal with certain matchups and learn Ganon tech, you could be one of the best Ganons.

Pyro- Awesome playing you in Zelda dittos, I didn't think I'd get my face kicked in so badly. Why don't you main high tier? You'd do a lot better!

Spife- We didn't play this time! I wanted to play you in puff dittos, it's like my favorite matchup now other than camping vs falcon.

Betta- Good playing you again! Sorry I didn't remember your face, you were wearing a hoodie or soemthing.

hubble- Nice job beating Lung, he's one of the best. I don't think you'll be able to next time though, everyone at Binghamton is improving wicked fast!

doom- Good games. Puff dittos tooo fun

Foy- What are you doing in last place Foy? Step it up!

Yo- Yo

Allied- Good games in Brawl. Awesome Kirby

Luhey- You should have switched to high tier earlier against hubble :\

Jtam- You could have done so much better. Real close game against snakeee

Bry- Thanks again for hosting the tournament. Great job dealing with the problems that came up, I'm sure next Syracuse will be amazing... But does it have to be May? I won't be in NY then :(

eevee- My pencilcase. Is better than yours >_>

CJT- Too bad you're taking a break. I'm sure you'll be back, it's impossible to stop smashing entirely

Altairian- Thanks a ton for the ride again! Your car alone has dramatically improved the quality of upstate NY smash. Amazing improvement!

So freaking long.... If I forgot anyone, sorry!

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Bladebreakers is a social crew lol

I can't believe it hasn't extended to everywhere yet

Also, you guys should make Bananabread sigs :)

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
<firstSmashBoardsPostEver>
All around great tournament: tons of fun, great matches, cool people.

First of all, lots of thanks to bry for hosting and keeping things together despite some "minor" setbacks (Honestly, who needs electricity anyway?). And thank you x 2895714 to your girlfriend's sister for letting us use her house.

Minh - Your Link is sooo good. I would say good set, but it really wasn't. More like me getting f'd up.

Foy - WOW. Our set was so intense. Great matches all around. Who would have thought that crouch cancel > skill? Can't wait to play again.

Pyro - We didn't even play and I still had to listen to you *****ing about how much I cc. Wegman's was good though, so I guess we can call it even :)

To the rest of the Rochester crew: Hopefully I'll be able to get up to RIT for smash club at least a couple of times a month from here on out.

Can't wait to play everyone again, and I'm already looking forward to SS3.
</firstSmashBoardsPostEver>

Kantō

Smash Champion
couple things,

CJT- im sry to hear that man, we will miss you. unfortunatly you are right and there are more important things than smash and no one will hold that against you for quiting. you should still drop a few posts on the boards though every once in a while right?

im glad to see that too many people arent upset about the hole venue issue and im glad people are looking forward to hte next one.

TO THE STOLEN **** ISSUE- we are missing 3 brawl discs (including my own...) 1 melee disc and a ****in wii. man that takes guts to take all that ****. oh BTW 1337-0 i have a copy of brawl for you.

@ idea- do you not have a copy of melee at all anymore? ifyou dont i will mail you mine cuz i dont play it and its only like 15 bux at my store.

@KID - i would do it late march, no sat. is really "good" for me but the more time in between days off for me is better likley to request another sat off. but this is just my opinion.

Top Bottom