• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 2 Result Thread

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Grats to everyone. Glad the tournaments are still running. Miss you guys in the WNY community....

Sanu

Smash Champion
Kyle, just say yes x.x

It was my copy that I gave to you, I'd rather he send his copy.

Kantō

Smash Champion
lol, well. in that case, could you send it, bry? and i'll pay you back for it at ss3.
the girl that lives at the venue just called me and said that a copy of brawl turned up , so im gunna see if your melee disc turns up too, PM me your address eather way and ill send you one or the other :chuckle:

Sharky

Smash Master
hey bry can you find out if my hat is at the venue it's the furry looking one with the chin strap kinda ****** like

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I had a lot of fun at this despite the random inconveniences. MUCH gratitude to the lady who allowed a bunch of strangers into her house at the last minute!

Shouts later, maybe.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Hey, people. I finally got through making this account. I was the random Lucario guy that doesn't have a gamer name. I just wanted to say that I had a fun time despite some minor problems in the beginning. I wish some more people gave this tourney a chance, because the location of it did not take away from the excitement at all.

Playing you all was a good learning experience for me. I hope to become more active in the competitive Brawl scene when I can find the time for it.

I was a bit disappointed by the fact that I had to play Shadow in the first round, especially since I was so easily defeated by him. I was able to compensate for my shortcomings, however, in the loser's bracket, where I was given the opportunity to show many of you what my Lucario is truly capable of....so I say, mission accomplished. San you're a great player and you definitly outplayed me that set. I'll be looking forward to future sets with you. I believe you live in Rochester, is that right? I go to college around there. Maybe we could make some arrangements for some smash fests or tournies of some sort.

13370, you're an awesome Ness player and I hope we can get together sometime soon to help each other improve. I can't believe somebody stole your Wii, though!. All I can say is, that guy better not hope he shows up to Syracuse Smash Round 3, or there is about to be a Brawl, and I'm not talking Smash Bros.

I met a lot of cool people at this tourney and I hope I can run into you guys again so we can chat and have some good matches.

GGs to all and ttyl.

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
Hey, people. I finally got through making this account. I was the random Lucario guy that doesn't have a gamer name. I just wanted to say that I had a fun time despite some minor problems in the beginning. I wish some more people gave this tourney a chance, because the location of it did not take away from the excitement at all.

Playing you all was a good learning experience for me. I hope to become more active in the competitive Brawl scene when I can find the time for it.

I was a bit disappointed by the fact that I had to play Shadow in the first round, especially since I was so easily defeated by him. I was able to compensate for my shortcomings, however, in the loser's bracket, where I was given the opportunity to show many of you what my Lucario is truly capable of....so I say, mission accomplished. San you're a great player and you definitly outplayed me that set. I'll be looking forward to future sets with you. I believe you live in Rochester, is that right? I go to college around there. Maybe we could make some arrangements for some smash fests or tournies of some sort.

13370, you're an awesome Ness player and I hope we can get together sometime soon to help each other improve. I can't believe somebody stole your Wii, though!. All I can say is, that guy better not hope he shows up to Syracuse Smash Round 3, or there is about to be a Brawl, and I'm not talking Smash Bros.

I met a lot of cool people at this tourney and I hope I can run into you guys again so we can chat and have some good matches.

GGs to all and ttyl.
13370's wii got stolen? I thought it was just a brawl disc. Sucked if it did happen. You go to college in rochester? What school do you go to? I would love for a smashfest in Rochester, We had one last year at my dorm at RIT lol. it was small though. Are you that Lucario player who beat Kyle in a tournament set before you fought with San?

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
hi kyle, no wonder u seemed dead last sats night cuz ur allergic to cats that makes sense i had never seen u like that b4 and i dont wanna c u like that again =/

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Weak shoutouts in this thread that's all I'm saying. Nice one line posts ******s

lol jk

but no really shoutouts are the best part of a tourny almost for some reason

hubble

Smash Ace
Any time next month Goggles, I just want more local tournies.

And, like half the people that went didnt shout anyone out. Jerks :laugh:

Sanu

Smash Champion
Weak shoutouts in this thread that's all I'm saying. Nice one line posts ******s

lol jk

but no really shoutouts are the best part of a tourny almost for some reason
I didn't get a shoutout from Jessie so now no one gets any :L

I'm lazy :laugh:

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Oh shoot, it was Sayan whose Wii got stolen? That's uber lame.

BTW, I'll probably pick up mine during the next Smashfest Bry, if it's this week that is. I'm gonna be too busy with school to play much anyway.

@JamesG: Yeah, I had a great time fighting you. You just chained me off the ledge with dem fairs and I was dumbfounded. Hope to play you again!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I live in Ithaca for college but my hometown is Rochester. It doesn't cost much to take the bus, though. Can't believe you're this good but no one's seen you at any locals. Want us to call you James/IQ/Broski?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yo Hulk dont try to stick up for goggles maybe he was feeling under the weather however! Allergies had nothing to do with why he got ripped a new rear whole by my boy James G he just got out played plan and simple! No johns!

Sharky

Smash Master
lololol cura's on the attack today, Syracuse REPRESENT!!! XD

HUGEASS LIST OF SHOUTOUTS BUT JESSE DIDN'T SHOUT ME OUT SO I'M SAD: =P

Bry: Good **** finding us a new venue so quickly that wasn't all the way out in canastota lol. I think we ran a pretty tight tourney, considering. Hopefully our next venue is bigger though, CAN'T WAAAAAIIIIIIIT!!! XD lol@us tying the one time we don't play each other XD

Cura: I'll beat you someday, I'm getting closer and closer each time I think! Amazing job in teams, though, best doubles marth in the COUNTRY lol. Good times locking Ian in the trunk, too. =P

Al: lmao you half shaved your head that **** was hilarious when you suddenly pulled your hat off like "see what this tourney did to me?!?!?!" Thanks for the ride home too, we really appreciated it.

Eevee: You get so scared driving in the snow, it's so funny watching southern people drive up here haha. Sorry you fared so bad in doubles, hopefully next time works out better for you. TRAINING TIME!!!

SILVER!!!: OMG I FINALLY GOT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! TRIPLE LINK DOWNSMASH COMBO IS BROKEN IN MELEE!!! GET SHIELDBROKEN *****!!! loljk. Your zelda threw me off guard so badly lol, who short hops toward someone with her neutral b?!? lmao Good times, can't wait to see you again at Viridian (if you come over there)

Foy: you seem pretty chill IRL, too bad we didn't get to play at all, hope to see you again at the next tourney.

Chick with tetris: lol tetris mm's, did anyone beat you?

RTF: look at all these people getting their stuff stolen, YOU GOT YOUR IDENTITY STOLEN IN TEAMS!!! lol, nice to meet ya.

Allied: Nice Kirby, and I really enjoyed talking with you at the tourney. I hope you guys come up to some more CNY events in the future. See you at Viridian.

DMBrandon: Thanks for the friendly and the tips, you were pretty cool, hope to play you again at viridian. Sorry you got screwed over with directions on your way to the new venue. lol@trying to mess with mana on brinstar. get ***** by Ike more plz. XD The set with PikaPika! has got to be one of my favorite sets to watch ever, btw, good stuff.

Ether/Zucco: GGs in teams, Robasaurus Rex has you beat next time though. =D

Shadow: nice meeting you, good job in bracket.

BluePeachy: sorry you couldn't make it.

Pyro: we didn't talk much, but nice to meet ya, way to go almost beating Silver in singles. XD

Unknown: Even though we only really talked about getting you to food, it was nice meeting you, you seem pretty cool. Next time you gotta teach me some melee stuff or something lol.

Kirbykaze: you're like the nicest melee player I've ever met lol, mad cool.

Jesse: I still don't know why you quit brawl singles but I love how you're going to actually start practicing again. Enjoy the cross-country sabbatical lol.

Niel: way to punish that rest. XD

Goodies: way to only play the yoshi mu right on your last stock lol. GGs, Good luck in DC!

YANNICK EVEN THOUGH I KNOW YOU WEREN'T HERE I KNOW YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO READ THIS SOMETIME: WHY'D YOU LEAVE ROCHESTER RIGHT WHEN I STARTED PLAYING AGAIN ****IT ****IT ****IT!!!

Goggles: LOL GET ***** BY CNY loljk Nice seeing you again, and thanks for helping us TO. Get going on that next WNY tourney.

JamesG: You definitely gotta come to some smashfests before the next tourney, you could be amazing if you actually practiced with other tourney goers.

Acton: tough luck on that suicide in our games, but you're improving so much lately, I'm sure you'll do nothing but learn from it. I can totally see you getting top 10 next upstate ny tourney if you keep it up. Don't side b onto the stage so much!!!

Stomps: come play with us more!!! lol nice seeing ya.

Sheth: My yoshi isn't ZOMGAMAZING lol but it's getting there. Thanks for telling me about the cargo escape. =P

HULK/RANJIZ/DRGRANDPA/WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS NOW: WOWOWOW YOU ***** ME SO HARD I FELT IT OUTSIDE OF THE GAME. Nice meeting you again man, I need more DK experience, for sure, you're the first good one I've ever played.

LLP: Just keep working on it and you're gonna be pretty good. Pikachu is one of my favorite match-ups nowadays, though, so don't feel bad. Way to almost beat Cura!!!

Team Harper: That was one crazy *** set. Nice playing/talking with you guys, you seem like you really had the teamplay down. Keep up the good work.

Dudutsai: WOWOWOW GET ***** BY LOW TIERS!!! Hahaha Great seeing you again, teach me more melee skills next time!!! Crouch cancel to rest and windmill dashing are too good!

CJT: We're definitely getting better, we just need to push that extra bit and we're gonna hit the big time. Can't wait til Viridian. XD

San: Way to show Diem how Ike/Upstate NY roll. =D Great seeing you again, and I'm glad you got through the bus system alright. =D

N64: Thanks for the **** in melee friendlies the night before the tourney lol. I hope you come up to some more stuff in the future.

Mana: Nice to finally meet you in person, but I wanna play you next time!!!

Snakeee: Great to see you again, Happy birthday! Awesome job in doubles, too. =D

13370: WE WON THAT DOUBLES GAME YES LOW TIERS FTW!!! lol Great seeing you again, and not having to play you in tourney. lol.

Piedisliker: I wanted to play your wario so bad but I never saw (or at least met) you!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
u cant give a shout out to cjt! hes quitting! no more robasaurus rex.

altairian

Smash Lord
lol sharky obviously hasn't been reading the thread :p

Don't worry CJT will be inspired to play again when I run a tourney in Albany ;)

Sharky

Smash Master
o.O

*cries in corner*

but really, ****, that sad. Well...we had a good run. I guess I'm "on the market" as you'd say. Ah well....=(

alt I just realised I didn't shout you out, Good **** as always driving halfway across the state, lol@not seeing you til like halfway through the tourney too haha.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Wow I can't believe I forgot to shoutout sharky
Sharky: Wish we had played. We would have too if I didn't lose to Link and Pichu with my Sheik >_>

And now KirbyKaze HAS to come! two birds with one stone

Sharky

Smash Master
lol but we did play later the morning of the tourney. You ***** my link/bowser remember? lol. I don't think you played my yoshi though like you wanted.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
(Late) shoutouts:

-Sharky: YOHSHIZ everywhere. What a wacky-*** matchup, seriously. I feel like there's more instinct in learning top-tier matchups (though in some cases, less to do about it,) than learning how to fight that goofy try-so-hard dinosaur. You were a cool dude to hang around with, and a big help around the venue. Awesome dude.

-CJT: Drat, I didn't realize that was you, either. Faces dun match tags for me since I'm new to the tourney scene. Which is why I went and horribly floundered accidently calling Goodies san (>_<) that one time that night.

-Eeveee: Oh my GOD I feel so bad about doubles, my DK really let you down. I was off my game after such a weird day, but that was definitely not the best... and oh god, that punch... I need to totally refix my doubles mindset. @_@

-13370: sucks to hear some of yer stuff is gone, but I'm glad you still had a good time. And yeah, it's a shame I didn't get to friendly ya. I probably could've later on, but I was totally out of it by the time it got late (as I was quite a lot of the day, I guess.)

-Acton: Oh my falco. Actually, I'm really glad I got to try those friendlies on you, not only because I discovered just how much weegee covers the falco weakness DK and ICs have, but because it gave me a lot of experience in anti-camping, and the falco matchup in general. Hitstun buffer counters = so good. gg, man.

Bry: Our matches were good indeed, glad you had fun too. But lol @ me being a goofball and getting so off-game from something as silly as a brinstar CP and pokemon trainer character switchup. I feel like such a goof, but it was a great match. Pressure up my DK too good! He's a character I like to have for people that aren't as familiar with just how scary that guy is, but you really knew yer stuff taking that beast down. I mean, why you think he wears that tie? DK is SERIOUS BUSINESS, but you took that and threw it right back in his face with a mouse. GOOD STUFF.

Rochester crew in general:
I know a lot of us were a little irritable for the conditions and lots of crazy shenanigans involved (lol cramming san in the car at 1 AM, TV car shenanigans, sleeping in the car, not eating dinner at dinnertime... But it was great stuff. I feel like I got to talk with you all a lot more, like our break at mcdonalds, and so that was good stuff. All complaints and raeging at ridiculous directions aside, I'm pretty sure most of us had a good time for one reason or another.

People who caught me sleeping:
I'm curious if everyone was just caught off guard that I was K.O.'d for most of melee tourney since I'm normally mad high energy. But, I didn't sleep well the night before and since I wasn't participating, I guess I just took advantage of anyone abandoning a chair so I could try and stay awake enough for brawl later. Thanks for the concern though.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
@Sheth IC's are a good MU to use against falco, but I find Luigi personally annoying myself. The MU for falco vs IC's is 30-70 in ICs favor.

The MU between Luigi and Falco is 55-45 in falcos favor, but personally I hate luigi so much. He's one of the hardest CPUs that I usually have trouble against, and man was he annoying when I was fighting you.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
@Sheth IC's are a good MU to use against falco, but I find Luigi personally annoying myself. The MU for falco vs IC's is 30-70 in ICs favor.

The MU between Luigi and Falco is 55-45 in falcos favor, but personally I hate luigi so much. He's one of the hardest CPUs that I usually have trouble against, and man was he annoying when I was fighting you.

Fingertips too good

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Yo Hulk dont try to stick up for goggles maybe he was feeling under the weather however! Allergies had nothing to do with why he got ripped a new rear whole by my boy James G he just got out played plan and simple! No johns!
This.
Don't worry CJT will be inspired to play again when I run a tourney in Albany ;)
If that happened, Id go to that ****. Assuming its not too soon
u cant give a shout out to cjt! hes quitting! no more robasaurus rex.
You can still give shoutouts to me!!
And ROBosaurus Rex will exist one more time if Alt ever gets a tourney in Albany. Itll happen one day.
if I didn't lose to Link and Pichu with my Sheik >_>
Get wrecked by d-smash>d-smash>d-smash
Which is why I went and horribly floundered accidently calling Goodies san (>_<) that one time that night.
You'll learn to tell black people apart eventually.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Superquick-Outs

4. Zoso: Haha you're stupid good and I'm going to find a way to outplay you one day. Fun talking to you, we'll chill next time... and congrats on second place in teams, almost had it!
5. JesiahTEG: No shoutout for you. *****
5. N64: We didn't really say much to each other this tournament... much unlike pound 4 where we had that moment of you staring at me for like an hour from across the room. I know you want me but can you handle me? ;P Srsly, we should play more, we never do XD.
7. Roman: Nice meeting you for 5 minutes, we should have played lolol.
7. Hero: It's my goal to beat you next time, gonna work on my consistency and mental game within tournament. I feel like I was playing like **** so I'm gonna bring it back twice as hard when we play again.
9. PikaPika: I'll play you with my real characters next time XD no more crappy marth or samus
9. Manalord: Thanks for housing, sorry for being a douche at points throughout the tournament. Fun matches and really nice chilling with you guys, it's always fun. It was a good weekend and I hope you finished up your school **** on time!
9. Dudutsai: LOLLL fun finally meeting you, you're such a funny guy. tsai, will you marry me? :3
17. Sky: Fun matches, you've definitely come somewhere in the past few years. Keep it up, we'll play more when we meet again!
17. Cura: Fun matches, close when you went ICs but I decided to start playing properly halfway through. I don't feel like I was playing my best either, you should get back on the melee training schedule and we should mm!
25. Spife: SPIFE! We never play but you're always in my heart... of the cards... in my brain... and beyond my mind. Now I'm confused.
25. hubble: We didn't play either! I usually don't get this angry but **** has been lol here at home and this tournament was just the breaking point.
33. Foy: LOOOOOL SO GOOD. You're awesome, fun chilling with you. You guys totally have to come here for our tournament, we'll be frequenting yours for sure. Great matches.
33. Allied: Really nice meeting you! Thanks for cheering me on, I tried to do the same for your set v San... you'll get him next time! I was secretly hoping he'd crush your soul in brawl and you'd start playing Melee exclusively, you've got quite a bit of skill for someone who picked the game up one month ago
Kid Goggles: I wasn't uptight at all, I was just stoned and really tired. I didn't know why you started getting in my face about being uptight in the first place, it was kinda annoying lol. fun few matches though.

Bry: Thanks for hosting and doing your best to keep everything together. We'll definitely be back for the next one you hold.

Top Bottom