• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mafia Ninja Turtles #2 - GAME OVER - Who lived happily ever after in NY?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly not much. If you're asking my opinion of him based on a metagamey-sense then you're not going to like it. In the game where we were scumbuddies our third scumbuddy got himself killed on day 1, then I went inactive over most of day 2 due to the holidays, and Dast got himself killed by the vigi on night 2 by virtue of being the most suspicious. I cite holiday johns but in truth we all played really poorly and there was no indy so it was one of the fastest mafia games ever.

The catch is I've also played games where I'm scum and Dast is town, and he ALWAYS makes himself look suspicious. It's something about the way he plays, he's going to do something to get himself killed.

Note that this isn't a case of "if he hollers let him go." I still find him very suspicious and your observations add greatly to mine. It's just that if you want me to find something on him based on past games there won't be anything of substance.
This is all true.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I probably should give you guys heads up. My wife's grandpa died suddenly today. I'll be busy for 3-4 days with that at least, and probably won't be online much.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah I agree but I also think Scamp providing answers after Dastrn receives major flak is also something to take not of. Plus I already thought Scamp was scummy on D1.

:059:

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm not sure what you mean by "providing answers." I was directly asked about playing with Dastrn in previous games and I answered it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wait, Dastrn, Mayling writes a giant post calling you out as scum and you don't address any of it at all? I know you're busy, but you could at least touch on part of it. But you respond to Gheb and Scamp's indirect posts about you? Did you just ignore the entire post?

But it doesn't seem like you're going to be active before deadline. I know your johns are as legit as they come, but this'll definitely be a problem. I'm willing to jump on the Dastrn wagon, but I'd be a lot more willing to go toward his lynch if he were able to defend himself before the day ends. Felt iffy about him for a good portion of the game so a large amount of mayling's post on him sits well with me, especially the hesitance to vote vs eagerness to vote bit. But yeah, if at all possible, it'd be great to hear from him first, just in case.

unvote

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Since M3D's gone for awhile I wanted to see what the vote spread looked like. So here's my mock up vote count if anyone cares :p Tell me if I missed anything.

Day 2 - Vote Count
KevinM (1) - Dastrn
Dastrn (2) - Mayling, KevinM
tHe-Man (1) - Yeroc
Kirbyoshi (1) - Scamp
Scamp (1) - Gheb_01

Not Voting
Kirbyoshi, Hilt, tHe-Man, Overswarm

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, April 14th at Noon Eastern Time

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm okay with more pressure on KirbyYo and Overswarm.

But Dastrn is the play today.

Vote: Dastrn

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just looked over Mayling's case on me, and I'll tell you why I didn't respond to any of it before: none of it means anything. She just said a bunch of "it seems like you..." and then speculated about random things.

I didn't know the acronym WIFOM because I didn't know it. I never asked before, and the broom games I played in didn't use it often enough for me to say "oh i need to learn this". I honestly don't remember the acronym being used in those games. Some broomer can i guess go back through those threads and find 80 times it was used to make me look dumb, I guess. I don't know. I don't remember. Shoot me.

I had tunnel vision on Scamp because I don't really like his general style of play. Like we talked about before, I was scum-mates with him previously and his inactivity was probably the largest reason we lost so quickly. When I noticed how differently he was playing this game, which takes a while, and required him to respond to the heat I was putting on him, I reconsidered. There's nothing scummy about pressuring someone to get information, considering the information, and then backing off humbly when you think you were mistaken.

I didn't hammer Chill because the-man asked for the chance to post first, and I assumed that meant that more information was going to be available before N1. I would hate to miss out on that info, especially so that town power roles had something to go on during N1. I can't confirm this, of course, but I AIM'ed M3D and told him how glad I was that the-man hammered when he did because I decided to get a workout in and lost track of time and didn't remember to hurry and get my vote in until 12:15, but by then it had already happened. I would have missed it and screwed town out of a hammer.

Anything else? I'm leaving to drive down to my wife's family to make funeral preparations in maybe an hour or so, so I don't have much more time to check this thread. I'm hoping to have wifi everyone once in a while when i'm down there this week, but I know the primary place where I'll be staying is without internet. Might as well be lacking a freaking indoor bathroom, if it's going to be so stone-age.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
the point isn't that you didn't hammered Chill, but rather you placed an arbitrary deadline of "six hours" and didn't follow up. Your vote, by your own accord, should have already been placed on him during that time.

It's weird you call my case nothing, but then counterpoint all my arguments in it. And it took you four days to do it.

I just looked over Mayling's case on me, and I'll tell you why I didn't respond to any of it before: none of it means anything
Also this doesn't make sense. If you just looked over my case, then that's the reason you didn't respond to it.. Not because it doesn't mean anything.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
the point isn't that you didn't hammered Chill, but rather you placed an arbitrary deadline of "six hours" and didn't follow up. Your vote, by your own accord, should have already been placed on him during that time.

It's weird you call my case nothing, but then counterpoint all my arguments in it. And it took you four days to do it.

Also this doesn't make sense. If you just looked over my case, then that's the reason you didn't respond to it.. Not because it doesn't mean anything.
I didn't follow up because i do like 85 other things in my life that I keep up with that are more important than this game.

It's not weird that i counterpointed your arguments. People asked me to, and I've been too occupied with a family member dying to put any energy into it, especially when no one really seemed to care all that much and I wasn't under any pressure. Once there was a little pressure (what, 2 votes?) i put 10 minutes into reading it over AGAIN (not for the first time), and responding. What is so weird about this?

Seriously, nothing abnormal is happening, other than my work schedule and a death in the family. I've been up front about both reasons for being largely inactive. Don't be surprised, and especially, don't act like suddenly these things are scum tells. It's normal for people to not respond to everything immediately.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
My stance on Kevin? He's playing a dangerous game. He is contributing and seems to want to help, but if he's not right about scum soon then we'll probably lynch him and he won't be able to defend himself.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That's an awfully steep slope considering I've already been right about chill and the only reason I wasn't the first on his wagon was because I didn't realize I had unvoted.

However that's not the purpose of this post, I just don't really like how you're basing my alignment off of if I'm right or not.

It's just a weak reason for you to form a wagon later on.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Day 2 - Vote Count
KevinM (1) - Dastrn
Dastrn (3) - Mayling, KevinM, Scamp
tHe-Man (1) - Yeroc
Kirbyoshi (1) - Gheb_01

Not Voting
Kirbyoshi, Hilt, tHe-Man, Overswarm

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Overswarm are you voteblocked or is M3D just super accurate about players' names?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Oh. For some reason I thought there were more votes on KirbyYoshi than just one or two.

Unvote Vote:KirbyYoshi

Also Kevin, you'd better contribute more to make sure that doesn't happen, then.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Can someone please tell me why Kirbyo is the only guy in our lynchpool? Can we PLEASE lynch KevinM or Yeroc.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
my bad...

Day 2 - Vote Count
KevinM (1) - Dastrn
Dastrn (2) - Mayling, KevinM
tHe-Man (1) - Yeroc
Kirbyoshi (3) - Gheb_01, Scamp, Overswarm

Not Voting
Kirbyoshi, Hilt, tHe-Man

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
While tHe-Man's still my primary suspect, I'm unopposed to a Kirbyo lynch, though I'm not really convinced of his scumminess yet.

Again with the working when the deadline hits. Ugh. Whoever you are, if you're gonna claim, do it before 8 so I will see it.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
While tHe-Man's still my primary suspect, I'm unopposed to a Kirbyo lynch, though I'm not really convinced of his scumminess yet.
If this doesn't throw up red flags, nothing will! Jeez.

Crashboards cheated us out of the last day before deadline. It's at noon tomorrow so can we please wagon Yeroc to hell?

@Kirbyo - Don't be scum or one of us will show up at your house and stick a boot up your ***.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Crap, I won't be here @ deadline.

Unvote Vote Yeroc

the-man is def. town / not mafia

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Overswarm, are you ready to give your opinion on what you think about things? You know, who you find scummy, things like that. Or are you still waiting on people to do various other things? The deadline's almost here. You have a vote on Kirbyoshi, but is that really just for pressure? Or are you hoping his death ends up happening? If you support his lynch, I'd definitely like to hear why.
Vote: Yeroc

Why the hell is tHe-Man scum? You haven't actually said why, just constantly given us your "If tHe-Man's lynched, then" or "I'd rather have tHe-Man lynched, but". But you've never actually given us any good reason for why you think he's scum, and it's really just baseless. And nobody's gonna jump on a baseless wagon. But then again, you're jumping on a wagon on someone that you don't think is scum.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Great. No way I can even begin to defend myself. I'm literally out the door.

How does my not yet believing someone to be scum equate to thinking that they are not? I didn't say I think he's Town, I just didn't say I think he's scum. He has acted suspicious before in the past, but nothing to earn my conviction. Whatever. Go ahead and lynch me.

Top Bottom