• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
wuts dat chu sai? $10 MM nathan my snake vs your MK

>:]
My point is MK is too good, not me. I still have absolutely no play time with any of the really good players around here asside from a couple friendly doubles matches. And why do you always want to money match me? Even if you do win you always hate playing against me.

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
Quote: Hmm, I'm supposed to visit my elementary school. But sure I can play for an hour or 2. I'm off at 12. 7SEVEN8 3TWENTYTWO 5261. Toby lives at gage now.

I hope im not being intrusive, but could I maybe come? I'm free at 12:30 till 3:30 and could bring a gc..

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Ha! Last Saturday I played a bit of barlw 3-for-alls after my several month boycott and I was terrible. Then I picked up MK and by around the fifth match, the two guys I was playing against had to play as Pit and DK AND team up on me the entire match to beat me, and I still got them both to their last stocks and over 100% damage. Srsly, MK too good and it ain't that hard to pick him up, which is why I don't want him banned because it's the only character I can beat anyone with:chuckle:.
<--- DK

I was merely taking advantage of the situation so I knew I'd win the match. The Pit player would usually sit back and spam arrows while we duked it out so I figured if I got 1 person out of the way I could own the other. Which I did! I cargo spiked the pit player and won the match XD. Teaming up on you wasn't my idea but it sure was a **** good one... for my benefit XD

unityole

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196293

thats the link to NOV 8th tournament thread.
for the regulars: BC CANADA REGULARS, EVERYONE

showing up or not, please make a quick post there. this helps attract more players as they get to know an estimation of how many people are showing up. if theres still no response in a couple days, i might as well cancel the tourney since we've only got like 15 ish players confirmed, really no point to have a tourney. smashfest is always nice and can save myself some money

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Quote: Hmm, I'm supposed to visit my elementary school. But sure I can play for an hour or 2. I'm off at 12. 7SEVEN8 3TWENTYTWO 5261. Toby lives at gage now.

I hope im not being intrusive, but could I maybe come? I'm free at 12:30 till 3:30 and could bring a gc..
See below.

I just happen to have 2 hours of class starting from 12. So no can do this time. :urg:
Ah, well that sucks. Another time, maybe?
If you go on facebook, I have my schedule posted in a note.

Supertramp, why don't you add me on msn and we'll talk? Or better yet, fb me. Manuel C. (UBC Network). My display picture is the sepia rendering of a picture of my little brother and sister.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Emblem: I met Shane in the U.S. a bunch of times. SW at Pound 3 as well. If you ask any really good Fox player, they will tell you their hardest/most uncomfortable match-up is Falco. Either that or Jiggs/Samus. I don't have to ask Shane or Otto to know, I've talked to PC, Wobbles, Sliq, and Tuar about it. Falco has more priority than Fox in general, and eats every move without question. Unless Fox can weave around his hitboxes and lasers, its **** hard to win.

Good Peaches will SDI the dair? Xif, Vidjo, Xelic DoH...or any of the good Peaches I played in the U.S. didn't d.i. any of my dairs. Nor did any good Peach d.i. PC Chris' dairs in matches. Do you have a super amazing Peach hiding in WC that can do this consistantly? :ohwell:

If the Foxes you know run around spamming dair into Peach without thinking...then I can see where you're coming from. Fox ***** Peach if he approaches carefully. Lasers, abuse the lag when she misses dsmash and punish. Uthrow uair after copious amounts of DD->force your opponent to lag some more->grab.

Peach has no speed and no aerial maneuverability. That being said, if the Fox is impulsive Peach dispatches him rather easily.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Never said that Fox didn't beat Peach, it just wasn't as easy as you made it sound before. Of course upon elaboration you corrected yourself:

Fox ***** Peach if he approaches carefully.
I don't think any of us here are "top tier" at Fox so I said that "D-air + Shine + Up-Smash = Peach loses" is not as easy as it sounds on a really good Peach. Her slap takes you out of your sh-dair, full jump dair gives her too much time to react.

But of course, if you're careful/mindgamey, you can get it off...

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Giant msn chat convo lol too bad I wasn't around when it happened. But since I could read what was discussed:

(10:48:44 PM) ryuken_65@hotmail.com:
canadian sniper is terrible
Yes I know I'm terrible I started playing smash competitively when brawl came out and just recently got melee and 64. I'm new to competitive smash but thanks for telling me I'm terrible >.>

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
Giant msn chat convo lol too bad I wasn't around when it happened. But since I could read what was discussed:

Yes I know I'm terrible I started playing smash competitively when brawl came out and just recently got melee and 64. I'm new to competitive smash but thanks for telling me I'm terrible >.>
it was a joke, but you're welcome

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Emblem: I met Shane in the U.S. a bunch of times. SW at Pound 3 as well. If you ask any really good Fox player, they will tell you their hardest/most uncomfortable match-up is Falco. Either that or Jiggs/Samus. I don't have to ask Shane or Otto to know, I've talked to PC, Wobbles, Sliq, and Tuar about it. Falco has more priority than Fox in general, and eats every move without question. Unless Fox can weave around his hitboxes and lasers, its **** hard to win.

Good Peaches will SDI the dair? Xif, Vidjo, Xelic DoH...or any of the good Peaches I played in the U.S. didn't d.i. any of my dairs. Nor did any good Peach d.i. PC Chris' dairs in matches. Do you have a super amazing Peach hiding in WC that can do this consistantly? :ohwell:

If the Foxes you know run around spamming dair into Peach without thinking...then I can see where you're coming from. Fox ***** Peach if he approaches carefully. Lasers, abuse the lag when she misses dsmash and punish. Uthrow uair after copious amounts of DD->force your opponent to lag some more->grab.

Peach has no speed and no aerial maneuverability. That being said, if the Fox is impulsive Peach dispatches him rather easily.
Thats because good peach players and good players in general don't think like that, I'm not calling anyone a bad player. There are certain things you can do that exceed playing simple. Like observing one move and countering it with one of you own moves and then occasionaly throwing one or two other moves to mix it up.

I hope you understand what I mean.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord

Of course Fox has an advantage on Peach, I didn't deny that. But SDing the dair is a no-brainer, and happens all the time -- which is why you see in Fox dittos people often dair-grab instead.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Q1MoKCGPw

Or maybe we just have too many foxes here and all we do is DI the dair because otherwise we get *****.

In regards to Falco, what character does Vwins use against Bam's Falco? What characters do shane and otto use against Falco? I think it's about even -- more recent tournament results show that Fox isn't really at loss. Given, in the past it was considered a counter on just about all the stages. Bair in general is super good against Falco. Jump, double jump, bair. If you can get past the lasers, it's really not too bad. Don't get hit by a shine and you're good to go =P. Or maybe I should just learn Falco and find out if what you're saying is true, lol.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
In regards to Falco, what character does Vwins use against Bam's Falco? What characters do shane and otto use against Falco?
This argument is stupid. You're asking if they go their main or not. Of course they go their main, but that doesn't mean it's even. >_> Vwins plays Peach against Falco, but he mains Peach/Sheik now from what I understand.

That's like asking PKM if he goes DK vs. Falco or not X.X (>_> Well this applies more to when he still played DK around like VLS) Falco ***** the living hell out of DK, but he probably feels more comfortable going his main then a secondary he's not as confident or familiar with even if it would make the match up a lot better.

You could also use tournament results to show that Marth has an advantage over Sheik and that the Ice Climbers are super top tier.

booshk

Smash Lord
can't make those manuel :(

but if anything ever goes on in richmond tell me aighTSz?

:D:D

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Adam your message box if full!! need to talk to you for selling to my friend he wants it tonight asap.. what time will you be home?

PM me when you cleared it.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
This argument is stupid. You're asking if they go their main or not. Of course they go their main, but that doesn't mean it's even. >_> Vwins plays Peach against Falco, but he mains Peach/Sheik now from what I understand.

That's like asking PKM if he goes DK vs. Falco or not X.X (>_> Well this applies more to when he still played DK around like VLS) Falco ***** the living hell out of DK, but he probably feels more comfortable going his main then a secondary he's not as confident or familiar with even if it would make the match up a lot better.

You could also use tournament results to show that Marth has an advantage over Sheik and that the Ice Climbers are super top tier.
Your argument makes sense. However, you're not putting into consideration that SW stopped playing Fox for a long time and mained Falco (and has a very strong Falco), and that Vwins has a **** Marth. I guess what I'm trying to say is that those people have very good secondaries they could whip out against Falco, but often still use Fox. That would imply that Fox is not so overpowered by Falco as it was made out to be.

It's not really a good idea to use a single example because people can always find a way to pick at it, but here's an example? It's not really worth debating further, but I wouldn't want anyone to feel discouraged playing Fox against Falco, because it's really not that bad -- both at top levels and at pro-am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGT_jMDtZ8

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Marth Falco is annoying on both sides

it's really hard to turn things around once things are in motion

also in regards to fox peach;

RaynEX said:
Fox ***** Peach if he approaches carefully. Lasers, abuse the lag when she misses dsmash and punish. Uthrow uair after copious amounts of DD->force your opponent to lag some more->grab.
RaynEX's guide to fox mccloud

btw that camping shit isn't peach exclusive, that works on every character in melee

Bwmat

Smash Ace
well, as rusty said, there goes my low tier tourney entering.

and lol @ dk being better than mario.

Top Bottom