• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you can try out BB+ now. check my post. i'm still trying to figure out a good respawn point. right now its 30 above where it is initially, but even thats probably not enough. eh, its enough for testing, though.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
From the sounds of the possible changes to FlatZone 2, can't we make Shadow Moses(?) Island like that too? Make it so you can fall off the stage into a death boundary.

Also, I know the stage would be campy, due to the layout, but can anything be done to fix that? I can't think if anything, but I think the stage might be plausible.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Changing the health of the Shadow Moses Island walls so that they break easier (maybe just the top ones?) and have them stay broken longer would be a worthwhile change. SMI+ can even have edges like RPGsFTW suggested.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
*EDIT*

Actually, now that I think about it, SMI has a similar platform layout to Luigi's. So even if campy, it can be changed. Now I'm thinking of it as another Luigi's Mansion, haha. I also think the ceiling might need to be a bit shorter, but I don't remember if that's necessary. We just want camping to be at a minimum, that's why I'd think we should have the walls perma-broken with open sides to the bottom like Luigi's.

You know, being so similar to Luigi's, it might not even deserve to be made into a + stage anymore, haha.

~~Help now, please.~~

Guys, I seriously don't understand BrawlBox. I don't even know how I'd start on trying to export a texture to a stage.

http://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/Stages/

If someone would be kind enough to do it for me, I'd appreciate it if you could put the "Central HighWay" texture, from MegaMan X, on PTAD+.

Or, someone could tell me a step by step guide, but it might just be easier to request. =P

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
1) open ptad+ and central highway in brawlbox
2) in central highway, scroll down to TextureData[0] (beside a red square that says BRES on it)
3) Right-click that, click 'Export', and save it somewhere (itll save as a .brres file)
4) in ptad+, scroll down to TextureData[0]
5) right-click that, click 'replace', and select the saved texture
6) Repeat for all other TextureData[#] files, if necessary
7) ???
8) Profit

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
This is all that's left of the model.

I have to deal with hit detection which will go quickly. Then I have to remove the Chimera and destroyable platform (which doesn't seem to want to move), and change spawn points and boundaries.

Opinions! How many platforms, 0, 1, or 2? Swinging ship or no ship? Car or no car?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In response to some post up there, I see literally no reason to mess with Frigate Orpheon at all. It's already a legal counterpick, and any minor imbalances that it may or may not have are only temporary and go away when the stage moves or flips.
First and last are possible via hexing, but the second (and, arguably, most important) would require a code. In fact, I've previously considered all three of these options, but, as was said before, FO is already a legitimate cp. Don't fix what ain't broken, right?

I'm not entirely sure what you're insinuating here, but if it's an insult, i'm deeply insulted.
I'd love to just leave it be, trust me. The only problem is that everyone I've been working with on GSH2 thinks Frigate should be banned. This is my attempt at a compromise.

Halberd is next on my list of saving stages which shouldn't need to be saved in the first place...

shanus

Smash Hero
+1 to JCz's Frigate ideas.

Also, People should turn Spear Pillar's end model to reflect that of melee FoD :D

Remove bottom platform, stretch base all the way down OR convert base into the bottom and have that stretched.

New top platform is optional :p

P.S. WTB melee FD, selling 1 P:M beta test lol

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
spawn points for Summit+ have been fixed along with the size (me and neko agree that it was just too tall). now, all i need is the left platform fixed, and the whole patched up (maestro and amkalamr respectively) and it will be ready for distribution.

keep in mind, its slippery all hell.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Thanks a bunch, Maestro! I got it now. =]

And AMKalmar, I think you should keep the moving swing. I think it'd be nice with that layout, personally.

Hobo, I think the slipperiness is kinda good for some characters. Charging a Fsmash while sliding? Makes Ike look **** scary, haha.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Thanks a bunch, Maestro! I got it now. =]

And AMKalmar, I think you should keep the moving swing. I think it'd be nice with that layout, personally.

Hobo, I think the slipperiness is kinda good for some characters. Charging a Fsmash while sliding? Makes Ike look **** scary, haha.
i agree on the swing, but move it in, maybe?

and yeah, the sliding fsmash is terrifying. think ike. :chills:

You can change the slippery to normal if you want. It's in the stage collision hex stuff.
i think its fine. it gives the stage a nice gimmick that is still playable. plus, now that the platforms are closer its less of an issue since you can go up easier now and avoid the ice, if only temporarily.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
off as in the platforms don't work and the ground over the water is above the actual graphic.

pretty much the same problem my pac had before, but with ground issues.

MK26

Smash Master
lmfaoooooo pictochat looks like a ****ing mess
(lol me noticing you're numbering your photos consecutively ftw)
(btw that's hype9.png for the rest of you)

and its a possibility that fd's wall is considered more of a roof than a wall because it's at an angle greater than 45 degrees, and that merely changing teh classification to 'wall' wont do anything

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Also, People should turn Spear Pillar's end model to reflect that of melee FoD :D

Remove bottom platform, stretch base all the way down OR convert base into the bottom and have that stretched.

New top platform is optional :p

P.S. WTB melee FD, selling 1 P:M beta test lol
Actually...something like this could work, but it would be a pain in the back. Why not make the lower floor a platform(in size and properties like the two moving platforms) and move it up to the center(kinda like FoD), make the stage smaller and make correct blast zones.
EDIT: Dant, thats FD right? are you trying to eliminate the HORRIBLE edge at FD?If so, great idea, if not, explain further please :)

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
unfortunaly i cant help with this project considering time restraints and lack of hexing skills.
I have just some requests tho.
for Castle Seige:
in general: make it so it stays at each stage longer! id say x1.5 or even x2 as long.
castle: great stage as is. but the edges are royal peices of ****! seriously! fix those up and i'd say you're golden.
or if you want to change it up alittle, rotate the castle and make is so you're fighting on one of the other rooftops. theres one of them thats rectangle shaped btw. but then you dont get to see the battle in the background.
thrownroom: its cool that the statues can be broken, however, it 100% sucks that they block all projectiles. is it possible to make it so they only take damage from physical attacks and all range goes through them? i sincerly doubt it because the game doesnt work like that in any other cercumstance. however, you guys know more about this then I do so mabe. but otherwise, just make them intangible so you cant break them and they dont block attacks/waste stale move modifiers.
also, make the upper flags that you can stand on lower. and make the upper boundarys lower too.
and to make it cooler (its not important and ill do it for my own game. just spreading the idea), have it load different characters each game for the background soldiers watching the battle. the soldiers in the background are just textures that apear at different points. is it possible to make it load different textures each time its played? kinda like how shashville loads different characters in the background each time its played. I would recomend putting all midevil game characters (mostly from fire emblem for thematic unity) apear to watch the match. sense its textures, not models, being loaded, we are not limited to in-game characters.

hell: its amazing as it is. butttt, i would like to change the lighting so the source of light comes from below and its darker. basicly, copy the lighting from http://nintendobros.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/galleomunderstg.png , only tint it red? idk if its possible. and black ash raining down would be awesome and easy as hell to do (its a model with premade animations. just take it from the metal gear stage and dye the snow grey)

and lastly, for the grey transition stage: is there a way to make it more windy? ambient wind so scarfs/dresses/hats/capes whoosh outwards. might want to add alittle screen shake to it, and decrease the time spent there in the first place.

i support this project and i have the upmost faith in everyone.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
btw, all this talk about making spear pillar playable made me wonder.

you guy are planning on removing the overpowered pokemon in the background right?? or at least weaken them abunch. im sorry but they are the reason the stage is "unplayable". and its not like theyre easy to predict/ play around. theyre just annoying really. either have them apear and make no attacks, or weaken the hell out off them.

I really really like frozenhobo's idea for it on the 2nd page. just my opinion.

btw the game needs more walk-off-able stages. i would actuially recomend it for pictochat. again, thats just me.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
unfortunaly i cant help with this project considering time restraints and lack of hexing skills.
I have just some requests tho.
for Castle Seige:
in general: make it so it stays at each stage longer! id say x1.5 or even x2 as long.
castle: great stage as is. but the edges are royal peices of ****! seriously! fix those up and i'd say you're golden.
or if you want to change it up alittle, rotate the castle and make is so you're fighting on one of the other rooftops. theres one of them thats rectangle shaped btw. but then you dont get to see the battle in the background.
thrownroom: its cool that the statues can be broken, however, it 100% sucks that they block all projectiles. is it possible to make it so they only take damage from physical attacks and all range goes through them? i sincerly doubt it because the game doesnt work like that in any other cercumstance. however, you guys know more about this then I do so mabe. but otherwise, just make them intangible so you cant break them and they dont block attacks/waste stale move modifiers.
also, make the upper flags that you can stand on lower. and make the upper boundarys lower too.
and to make it cooler (its not important and ill do it for my own game. just spreading the idea), have it load different characters each game for the background soldiers watching the battle. the soldiers in the background are just textures that apear at different points. is it possible to make it load different textures each time its played? kinda like how shashville loads different characters in the background each time its played. I would recomend putting all midevil game characters (mostly from fire emblem for thematic unity) apear to watch the match. sense its textures, not models, being loaded, we are not limited to in-game characters.

hell: its amazing as it is. butttt, i would like to change the lighting so the source of light comes from below and its darker. basicly, copy the lighting from http://nintendobros.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/galleomunderstg.png , only tint it red? idk if its possible. and black ash raining down would be awesome and easy as hell to do (its a model with premade animations. just take it from the metal gear stage and dye the snow grey)

and lastly, for the grey transition stage: is there a way to make it more windy? ambient wind so scarfs/dresses/hats/capes whoosh outwards. might want to add alittle screen shake to it, and decrease the time spent there in the first place.

i support this project and i have the upmost faith in everyone.
what we ca do:
~make it take longer to transition
~work on the first form's ledges
~possible move down the flags (i'm going to say maybe because they may be attacked to the rest of the stage which would require me to resize the entire thing
~make the statues intangible

what we can't do:
everything else. most of what you're requesting is done through textures. you probably can't do the ash through any means as its a model and adding it increases the file size (which makes the game crash). i have no idea how we would do lighting.

the plus side, the stuff we can't do is all graphical. functionality-wise it can all work. glad you're excited about the project, though.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
This is so frustrating to me. In NPC, Lucas can run off the right side of the stage b-stick, magnet pull, zap jump and land on the left side of the stage without grabbing the ledge. I did it the first time I tried but never again. I keep ending up below the left ledge! Anger!

Anyways, I don't like the viking ship. And nobody said anything about the limo. Limo? No limo? Raise the limo (it's kinda low)?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
raise limo. if the ship is being annoying then try it with it removed.

edit: miss understood. yeah, try to keep the boat if you can, but if it gets in the way see how it plays without it.

D

Deleted member

I have to deal with hit detection which will go quickly. Then I have to remove the Chimera and destroyable platform (which doesn't seem to want to move), and change spawn points and boundaries.

Opinions! How many platforms, 0, 1, or 2? Swinging ship or no ship? Car or no car?
Whoa hoa. Awesome. Keep the ship as it is a unique dynamic which may add depth and strategy to the level.

And for the platforms I'd say try a single smaller platform (smaller than the normal one) where the bottom right platform normally sits. If that platform deters the gameplay or nullifies the boat's unique dynamic, then remove it to see how only the boat functions.

As for the floating limo, try it under the stage or above the boat moving across the map. Again, if it messes up gameplay, try another option.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
For NPC+, make the viking ship exist above the main platform in the center. Also, keep and raise the limo.

Can the chimera spawn points be changed?

Awesome work by the way. Loving the way its looking.

MK26

Smash Master
k lets'a go

ps1 grass-only testing time

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dzmzzzzncdm

FroHo says it looks good, i want people to test it in detail: run over every surface, teeter over every ledge (speaking of which, i fixed the ledges :D), make sure it works exactly right. This will probably go in the next b+ build if its glitch-free

EDIT: FroHo, Cape says that its ok if we dont have a spawn point on the left plat of Summit+...which means its basically done, right?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, so i guess we'll move the conversation here.

anyway, i'll test this now. is it the entire thing fixed?

as for the summit, while we're trying to figure out the platform issue, AMK, do you want to take a look at plugging that hole?

Top Bottom