• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Alphatron

Smash Champion
For Neko's Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 idea, would it be possible to have the camera start off at one part of the stage and then edit spawn points there as well?

How much control do we have over camera editing anyway?

camelot

Smash Ace
A winrar is you, MK26.

...almost. The collision for the top platform is slightly to the right of where it should be. Not by much, though, think about 2 planks on the platform.

The exploding apples might have been in Melee, only. Maybe it's in Brawl, I can't remember (probably, though). But the exploding ones explode as soon as they land, so you won't get to pick those up from the ground.
But yeah, I forgot about exploding ones that could land on you. The other two aren't that bad, but the exploding one definitely would cause somewhat of a problem. But it's still manageable if it can't be taken out.
Exploding apples are in brawl. Just not as common as melee.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
ok, im on a mobile phone, so i need someone else to fix it...the error doesnt really make much sense, but w/e

so, someone versed in brawlbox:
open up that pac, extract miscdata2, open it in a hex editor
Go to offset 0x38, the next 16 bytes should read C1E00000 42540000 40000000 42540000
Change that to C2070000 42540000 C0700000 42540000
Save, replace miscdata 2, load, thank me

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
@FrznHobo

omg I will test the Summit+ right away :D I love slippery!!!

and, about big blue+

the ship, can it be move a lil bit lowered, or like alot lowered? I hate when the ship goes up by, alot, and an Up Smash/Uthrow or a good killing move with angles related to 80-100 can kill at lower 40-50 percentage

but good job on PTAD+ :D loved it :D

any fix for BB+ I will love it ;)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's perfect.

EDIT: No wait... You can't walk across the bottom of the stage cleanly (running is fine).. You fall down to the bottom level, and you float EXTREMELY slightly above the water. Lower it a tad more?

EDIT again: .........I let it transform a few times and now it works perfectly. Go figure.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Summit+ feels sweet :D XD hahaha

about some characters in summit+

- Olimar: pivot grabs without buffered throws will be an official Grab Release and will tend to send you off the stage and pikmins desynched

- Peach: she is wonderful, her Dtilt momentum game brings her to a whole new level

- DDD: He can chain grab people her while dashing but only like +1 or +2 grabs more, racking good damage with it

- DDKong & MK: their Dthrow while slipering to the ledge can cause a spike depending on what DI you are doing, happened to me with DDkong on it, but with mk on Battlefield (got a replay if you guy would like to see the Mk Dthrow Spike version let me know

- Ganon: aswell have his spike grab which he can use and abuse it

- Jigglypuff: again, Dthrow XD, she can Dthrow and Tech chase perfectly, sometimes she can do rest, but if she dash Dthrow While slippering, she will tend to ge off stage with you and Fair you in a sec, no time for ADing, and bad DI will cause death

idk about the rest of the cast just tested those

MK26

Smash Master
TSONO, the grass model replaces the base model. instead of going normal --> transform --> normal, it goes grass-transform-grass, and grass can be the transformation...did the error occur when in the 'grass' section, or when in the 'transform' section? its actually supposed to be frozen, so if it occured during the transform, its ok

also, if the platform change worked, im very confused...buuuuut i wont question it

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1) mediafire is down for now. i'll try the new PS1 when it comes back up.

2) @NAMQ: i'll look into it. should be possible, but i don't know how it will effect the smoothness of the stage.

3) glad you like summit+. the sliding can create a lot of combos. the final version, though, may wind up being shorter than it is now to encourage more use of the platforms.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
actually, we're probably doing it differently now. keep the blocks, no bombs, possibly remove apples (if exploding apples aren't in it should be fine). 2 lines of blocks, too.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
According to KillerJawz, they are in Brawl, but I don't recall seeing the bomb apples in a LONG time, so perhaps he's wrong and you're right. It would work for the better if there weren't bombs to start with, so it's all good. :chuckle:

EDIT: So, FrozenHobo...maybe you should update your opening post (sometime soon when you're not busy), so that anyone who reads doesn't get out-of-date stuff.

EDIT2: Woah... Summit+ loads really funky in training mode...

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering what people would think people would think about a fixed, non-frozen PS2? It wouldn't really be that hard to do, as most of the transformations aren't really that bad (I think electric and ground would be fine as is, unless the size of the mound on ground is bigger than I remember. Since Summit seems to be accepted, I'd assume that no one would object to the ice stage.).

The only real problem spot would be the wind trans. Unless some form of the updraft remained, it would just be another generic, flat stage.

Thoughts?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Can I use the level freezer code in conjunction with a custom SSS? In other words, using one of these stage hacks as an extra stage at the end?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've actually thought about this, before. I've always loved the transformations of Pokémon Stadium 2; it's just that the electric and wind transformations are just a tad too unbalanced. I like the idea of a changing stage like that, though.
Ideally, I think it would be best to make the wind affect on the wind stage to be very minor, only making characters a tiny bit floatier (like somewhere close to vBrawl's equivalent), and the belts on the electric stage about half as slow. If the dirt pile on the ground stage proves to be a problem, then maybe flatten it out just a little bit.
But even if these things could be done, people would then complain about the loss of the permanent layout of the neutral transformation of the stage. Maybe we can find and use a stage in SSE that has a similar layout of the neutral form of PS2, and do these changes to PS2?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Can I use the level freezer code in conjunction with a custom SSS? In other words, using one of these stage hacks as an extra stage at the end?
level freezer works by applying a speed change when the stage is loaded. this means the change will be applied even if you use a custom SSS. however, if you are thinking of using PW's code, his only applies to stages that overlap WWR. this means you would need an entirely new node to handle each stage you would want to add. its probably a lot more work than its worth.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the conveyor in electric is definitely too fast. Its been so long since I've played on non-frozen PS2, I've practically forgotten all of the nuances of the stage, lol.

After testing in in vBrawl, I don't think the conveyor belt needs much of a slowdown. It should certainly be weaker, but it won't take much to make it playable.

I don't know how tough it would be to code, but I have some ideas for the flying stage:

1. Keep SH and FH jump height, and reduce falling speed. I'm guessing that the stage uses a modified u-grav to boost jump height, so this is probably possible.
2. Keep the updraft over the stage, so it doesn't buff recoveries (I know, impossible. A guy can dream, ya know?).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
relating to PS1 Grass:

what works:
platforms
ledges

what needs work:
ground under center structure (has a glitch where kirby was caught in infinite fall animation)
spawn points (just minor fixes)

the stage works fine when frozen except for the small piece of ground over the stream. fix that and the spawns and cape has his neutral.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
what needs work:
ground under center structure (has a glitch where kirby was caught in infinite fall animation)
spawn points (just minor fixes)

the stage works fine when frozen except for the small piece of ground over the stream. fix that and the spawns and cape has his neutral.
I found another weird glitch: I landed on the slope of the floor between the middle platform and the tree platform, with Ness, and Ness slid to the left, then teleported under the tree platform. I was able to replicate it once, then couldn't again.

Also, would reversing it be slightly better than freezing it? (Using the same principle as PS2.)

But I would still rather have a PS1 will the fixed windmill and the changes that FrozenHobo was/is working on.

MK26

Smash Master
ok, i had hoped this wouldnt be a problem

i guess imma just hafta shift the actual grass stage's data down a bit

but you say the stream is up too high? i see nothing wrong with it...then again, im looking at it from teh computer perspective, i dont know how the data interacts with the stream

then again, lets see if the fix fixes it

how are the ledges, btw?

EDITEDITEDIT: i assume the river doesnt flow when its frozen
and that it flows in reverse when reversed

:(

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ledges are fine. and its just that middle part thats acting weird, the rest of the ground seems fine (i'm grouping that left hill side PC was talking about in with the center).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Okay, I just confirmed that Brawl's Green Greens does, in fact, have exploding apples. But, as I expected, they explode after landing, so you can't really pick it up. And they're easy to avoid, just by standing on the sides of the stage or under the platforms in the middle. And I'm pretty sure they're not that strong to start with.

Top Bottom