• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, its hard to tell with the platform collisions messing movement up, but i think it will be fine once those get fixed.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The floor is perfectly fine, but there are also two invisible platforms shown here...

You can drop down from either one, including the low bottom one. And you can't land on the actual platforms.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
None of the real ones work, unfortunately... :(

EDIT: Okay, I made some adjustments to the image above. It should be VERY close to where the platforms start and end. (Refresh the page if it's still the same one as before.)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nothing changed. But upon further testing, I see what's currently going on. The collision of the two platforms on the original form both are moved to the middle, sitting on the floor, almost overlapping each other perfectly (one is a little to the side of the other, but both are of the same height).
(I have it changing, so when it changes to "grass", you can see the original form with the moved platforms.)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
FFFFF-

im sorry, i cant try anything else tonight

i think i need to move the bones, not the model data

pc, youve been awesome. froho, you dont need me to tell you to know that im always grateful

:mad::mad:

this shall be fixd

EDIT: lemme try one last shot

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...I just noticed that the curved invisible platform is supposed to be the tree platform's collision data... :laugh: So I guess that image up top isn't as accurate as what I was aiming for.

And I'm glad to help with anything stage-related. I didn't bother learning how to use BrawlBox (or any other program) for anything advance, and I don't really have the time to learn it and do the editing myself, so I can't help with the actual editing, but since I've always been more interested in modifying stages than characters, I would still want to help in other ways.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?dk2iz3h5qjt

ok, last shot for the night

In the situation that
1) the lower straight platform is not present
2) the upper straight platform is slightly off

Try
i) checking for the tree's collision data far above and to the right of the stage, 2x as far from the middle of the ground as the tree is
ii) checking for another platform 2x as far away from the middle of teh stage as the upper platform

if those two are there (and only if), change the translations of the bones in modeldata2 'AAStandAA', 'AAStandAB', and 'AGround' to 0. All of them 0, x, y, and z axes. And then try again. (this is more directed at froho)

and goodnight

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
fffff screw this platform.

what do the vertices, normals, and materials effect? i swear, i've removed enough stuff from this pac but nothing changes! i'm just going to keep deleting stuff until i see something different happen! god, this is frustrating...

[/angry outburst]

anyway, i'll check this out now.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I spent a little more time with the platforms this time, and there's the final image for the 2nd .pac (shows where both of the low platforms starts and ends):

Testing the new one in a moment.

Edit: Nothing changed for the latest .pac file, so the image is still accurate in depicting this one as well.

MK26

Smash Master
fffff screw this platform.

what do the vertices, normals, and materials effect? i swear, i've removed enough stuff from this pac but nothing changes! i'm just going to keep deleting stuff until i see something different happen! god, this is frustrating...
for summit? cape said it didnt matter if there wasnt a spawn point on the left platform

also, i lied

im still awake

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, 2 things:

1) i fixed the left platform :) i changed the top boundary, though, so i need to see if its high enough.

2) PS1 is still messed up...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
fffffffff well, nvm. it just turns out ZSS can spawn on that platform without it falling. i think it has something to do with the items. well, **** that.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So it seems the left Summit platform falls after standing on there for 2 seconds. Is it possible to increase the duration of that time, to like 5 seconds, so that the match would have started by then? Or just make the time infinite? (You've probably thought of this idea, already, though, but just making sure.)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's two hitboxes of 100%. And I didn't find anything, I searched for it in decimal, hex, and floating point in all of the misc datas ;_;

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Where is the chimera located in the pac?

Quick question Maestro. Could you try replacing WWR with PS1 Grass stage and upload the file?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
you can try out BB+ now. check my post. i'm still trying to figure out a good respawn point. right now its 30 above where it is initially, but even thats probably not enough. eh, its enough for testing, though.
can you guys who are making stage hacks or anything related, make a signature redirecting us to your posts? I know that they are in the first page of the thread btw XD

but it can help others that are browsing not this thread but others thread you've posted to be interested in this thread ^^

MK26

Smash Master
alpha: im not really well versed in porting stages (even though i hear its easy, ive never actually tried) and ps1 actually loads 2 models at once (the unchanging stadium and the transformation), so i dont think the file would take well to expanding that much.

Namq: hmmm

*rubs chin*

[hint_hint]i dont make sigs, but id appreciate someone who did[/hint_hint]

FroHo: hows Summit going?

TSONO: its definitely not in the miscdata for the stage...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, i talked to dant about making a code that increases the amount of time you can stand on the platform before falling. if it works then i'll have finished spawn points too.

i also handed the pac off to amk so he can cover up the hole. should be done soon.

edit: posted info about GG+ fix for B+.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Note: i currently have a pac that removes the blocks, BUT I DID NOT MAKE IT. i don't remember the name of the person who made it, though, so if you read this and either know the name or are the person, please tell me so i can give him/her/you credit.
I came to confess, I removed the green greens blocks.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, thats great. i'm gonna take a look at it and remove the model for the apples too. that way we can just leave the wind.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I tried removing the apples. I moved all kinds of bones all over the place. Didn't do anything.
Hopefully you'll have better luck.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The apples aren't that big of a problem, though, IMO; it's the blocks that are the main cause. It would be a fine counter simply being block-less.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
The apples are either food, a throw item, or a bomb. There's no visual difference between any of them. You're very high damage, you grab one thinking you'll heal a bit but it explodes and you die. Not the most likely scenario but people have criticized stages for lesser problems.

Even so, I don't see them as that much of a problem if we can't remove them.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The exploding apples might have been in Melee, only. Maybe it's in Brawl, I can't remember (probably, though). But the exploding ones explode as soon as they land, so you won't get to pick those up from the ground.
But yeah, I forgot about exploding ones that could land on you. The other two aren't that bad, but the exploding one definitely would cause somewhat of a problem. But it's still manageable if it can't be taken out.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
The exploding apples might have been in Melee, only. Maybe it's in Brawl, I can't remember (probably, though). But the exploding ones explode as soon as they land, so you won't get to pick those up from the ground.
But yeah, I forgot about exploding ones that could land on you. The other two aren't that bad, but the exploding one definitely would cause somewhat of a problem. But it's still manageable if it can't be taken out.
i'm not sure if the exploding ones are still in brawl, though i would be surprised if they weren't.

either way, the blocks seem to be a major point with this stage. Dantarion says that we can actually remove the explosives/limit the number of blocks that can appear at a time, so i think something like this would be the best idea.

also, check out my sig. any good? i threw it together in, like, 10 minutes in MS paint.

Top Bottom