• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE GOD KAIS Present MWC-E #1 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 2" Fairfield, OH (Oct.10)

Mr.E

Smash Lord
That reminds me I need a teammate as well, AZ... Or maybe I didn't forget since apparently I asked in my original post. However, nobody ever wants to teams with me to begin with and I'm sure they want to team with me even less since we are starting a new circuit and, depending on the frequency of tournaments, I am likely unable to be a consistent partner. :( Maybe I'll try to make some headway on that D&D machine during doubles this time and someone(s) can join me on that quest instead. :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Pierce: the stage list...is just a Midwest thing. Chances are you're not going to have what EC considers as "wack" stages picked on you. MW philosophy is that "play to win" includes learning to play on CP stages, and that if you are forced to switch character based on stage then so be it.

I'm going to try to convince Inui to come to this, so you might have a doubles partner. Similarly I'm going to try and convince Keitaro, since his sister lives in Cleveland. In any case, if none of those options are available, it's to your greatest benefit to team with someone who might not be attending this circuit that much since Doubles Points in this circuit are distributed based on consistent teams...so maybe SamuraiPanda?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Hey look, I play Marth/Falco/G&W/MK/Mario/Sheik. I can also just pick up and play like 70% (not IC, Peach, Diddy). You can pick any **** stage you like, lmao. That doesn't make gay stages not game. EC philosophy is, "Since we're competing, we want the better player to win, so we want to minimize the amount of gay **** that can happen that doesn't actually determine player skill." IMO, even avoidable stuff can be gay. Granting above average rewards for little mistakes (I'm looking at you Pirate Ship and Pictochat) doesn't really show the better player. But it's like I said.

Since it's a circuit event. I really would recommend taking off the custom stages. If I have to start practicing now to get competent on stages that most regions never use, I don't want to have to ALSO have to learn custom stages that I will literally NEVER use at another tourney. ESPECIALLY because my wii is hacked, and I have Stack Smash, so I don't have any custom stages on my wii or SD. I mean, if I play like 3 matches on Equity or Libra, I'll probably be straight enough to be able to fight there in the future if they're truly neutral, but I don't see what's wrong with the neutral stages that are already provided for us . . .

I mean, let's not pretend that a smart but mediocre player will hesitate to try and beat a known OOS player by using an unfamiliar stage as an advantage. If you want to win, you play to win. That means that you'll counter-pick Abyss since chances are, I've never played there in my life. I wouldn't even hate you for it, it's the smart thing to do and it's the TO's fault for having such a stupid stage list. It's not really a big deal though. I play an extremely competent MK, and normally I don't use him in singles, but since I can't ban Rainbow AND Norfair AND Abyss if it's gay AND Japes, etc, I'm probably not even going to use Marth in the counter-pick.

The fact of the matter is, while NJ's stage list is strict, it actually encourages character diversity. The reason we ban most of those stages is because characters can fairly fight on most of them. There is heavy talk about outright banning Rainbow Cruise as well, but the main reason we haven't yet is because we feel other regions won't see eye to eye, and realize as we've learned is that all Rainbow Cruise does, is give MK a free win, or rob you of your ban, so MK gets to play with you somewhere else where you still have a small chance of winning. Green Greens, Pictochat, Distant Planet? Normally, I **** the Marth vs. D3 MU, but if you pick those stages, I can't use Marth because in the INSTANCE you use D3, I can potentially lose the set because all of a sudden, I receive massive damage or the loss of a stock from one mistake.

My point is that your stage list does encourage "playing to win" because if I'm having a problem with your character, I can just pick some really gay CP, and then abuse some really gay strategy. Now, of course, everyone could just practice every gay strategy on all those stages, but then we're not even fighting, we're just trying to out-gay each other. We're all playing to win, but the best player doesn't necessarily win, and that's what makes it a bad system.

Since I'm coming to Ohio to see my best friend, and I want to play some smash while I'm there, I'm probably going to come whether you change the stage list or not, but I really wanted to drop my .02. In a nutshell, it's really going to suck when I **** someone r1, and there's going to say to themselves, "Gee, I have no chance of beating this player's Marth with my main, or even a regular counter-pick. Let's pick Rainbow OR Luigi's OR Norfair OR Frigate OR Japes, and my chances of winning multiply by about 300%, even though my skill didn't increase by 300%. I am NOT looking forward to fighting AZ anymore, which is sad, because before I was really hyped.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Few things...

1. AZ won't pick you to stupid stages, 'cept maybe Norfair if you think that's dumb.
2. MOST people in Ohio/Michigan are a lot more comfortable on the regular CPs + Pictochat + JJ. I've never seen the gay counterpicks appear more than 4-5 times in a tournament and even LESS in a set between highly skilled players.
3. Equity is actually extremely broke for Marth. The custom stage thing is similar to MK ban philosophy: we need to test things out sooner or later to see what kind of response/feedback it brings. If it comes to the point where the nation is considering adding standardized custom stages, the Midwest will already have provided data for that, right?
4. It's more than likely that I'll play you on all the custom stages before the tourney starts in friendlies since I don't know them that well either, lol. So don't worry :p
5. The gay stages that you'll encounter...most characters except like maybe MK and Snake and DDD aren't great on all but like 1-2 of them, so in reality you only pick one and you'll be fine.
6. Abyss/Libra/Equity...their stage layouts are in the MWCE main thread. Your mind is pretty advanced so you can figure out a lot of different tricks on there on your own XD;

clowsui

Smash Legend
...I don't understand you and your logic sometimes. Just because we're debating/talking about stages doesn't ACTUALLY MEAN WE'RE ANGRY AND NOT HAVING A HAPPY DAY.

This actually made me more annoyed than the actual post x_x

:mad:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Ah.. @___@;; Ah... ah.. ah.. sorry..!! I.. was.. just.. uhm-- saying.. u__u!! I'm so sorry.. please don't be annoyed.. TT__TT;; I'm sorry! >~<! Right! Sorry... x__x;; I just-- hm... just ah-- wanted to uhm-- wish everyone a happy day.. right.. TT__TT I'm so sorry.. @__@ Please disregard my comment..!! I'm really sorry, Chi..! I'm-- sure-- your day has been.. very happy, yus..!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think you'll actually like the custom stages, Pierce.

Good luck at the tournament. You can d/l the custom stages in the main circuit thread if you want to test them out.

I don't want to have to ALSO have to learn custom stages that I will literally NEVER use at another tourney. ESPECIALLY because my wii is hacked, and I have Stack Smash, so I don't have any custom stages on my wii or SD. I mean, if I play like 3 matches on Equity or Libra, I'll probably be straight enough to be able to fight there in the future if they're truly neutral, but I don't see what's wrong with the neutral stages that are already provided for us . . .
We're using the custom stages throughout the entire circuit, and are taking opinions on them and collecting data throughout the year. How often are they counterpicked, how many people use them as a starter, etc., etc. Kind of an experiment. We've been testing the stages for about a year now and haven't found any extreme balance issues that weren't forseen for specific matchups.

I'd suggest playing around on Equity; it's an excellent Marth stage against many characters.

we've learned is that all Rainbow Cruise does, is give MK a free win, or rob you of your ban, so MK gets to play with you somewhere else where you still have a small chance of winning. Green Greens, Pictochat, Distant Planet? Normally, I **** the Marth vs. D3 MU, but if you pick those stages, I can't use Marth because in the INSTANCE you use D3, I can potentially lose the set because all of a sudden, I receive massive damage or the loss of a stock from one mistake.
We've found none of the above to be true on a consistent basis. Some of us have also learned the safe zones for pictochat, so the only time we're hit by the hazards is when we're pushed their by our opponent.

Really, the "gay stages make my opponent win better" thing hasn't really held up over the course of a year. Many players here play characters that supposedly only do well on the starters and do quite well for themselves. AZ plays Diddy and he makes top 3. Lain plays ICs and makes top 3. Play to win, yo.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Complaining about gay things in Brawl is like complaining about all the ******* in the special olympics. 'nuff said.

I'll be attending this.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Complaining about gay things in Brawl is like complaining about all the ******* in the special olympics. 'nuff said.

I'll be attending this.
I disagree. Tripping is pretty gay, but that's where it stops. Everything else is just johns in the NJ ruleset imo. Like, I can complain about Shuttle Loop being gay against Marth, but I could also not predictably jump at a grounded MK, or airdodge into a Uair. The gay stages are mad gay though.

OS, I went and checked out the customs, and I do like them. I've always thought it would be controversial to use CS in a tourney, and it is, but I like yours, and I approve, and support. My question is, are there any videos with any sort of play on these tournaments (obviously higher level play is better)?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, I went and checked out the customs, and I do like them. I've always thought it would be controversial to use CS in a tourney, and it is, but I like yours, and I approve, and support. My question is, are there any videos with any sort of play on these tournaments (obviously higher level play is better)?
There are a few super old ones, I'm gonna work on getting some later today / tomorrow if I can with more recent play.

I'm also going to be doing a solo video showing tricks on the stages; Abyss has some serious gameplay changes due to fast-falling aerials to slide can be used as a legitimate strategy if someone is trying to camp the bottom middle.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not gonna lie, OS did a good job on the custom stages. It's gonna be interesting to see them in play finally. This may be the first tournament ever to actually use custom stages, even though we've been talking about them since Brawl was released.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Holy crap it's Brawl, not Starcraft. Learning a stage is not complicated. -,-
I completely overlooked this stupid comment before but then my luck ran out and I unfortunately read it. This is a fail full of ignorance. KNOWING THAT A STAGE IS GAY, AND THE GAY THINGS ABOUT IT, DOES NOT MAKE THE STAGE LESS GAY. You could just LEARN Big Blue, or Spear Pillar, or Temple, or Hanenbow, or Skyworld . . .

There are a few super old ones, I'm gonna work on getting some later today / tomorrow if I can with more recent play.

I'm also going to be doing a solo video showing tricks on the stages; Abyss has some serious gameplay changes due to fast-falling aerials to slide can be used as a legitimate strategy if someone is trying to camp the bottom middle.
I'm aware of sliding. As I was talking about with Clowsui, I'm extremely good on fighting in a valley, because I did extensive training on how to make any and all aspects of Frigate positive for Marth. It's his worst stage in NJ. Rainbow is bad vs. MK, ROB, and DK, but Marth was already bad against those characters, and it isn't necessarily bad for Marth (I mean, I'd never use such a dynamic stage as my counter-pick.) The right side of the first form of Frigate is just not good for Marth, and the rest of the stage neither benefits, nor compliments in him in any way really. So I learned to abuse Valleys and looking forward to at least friendlies on Abyss. I would like to point out that this feature HELPS characters to camp in the bottom middle, because I can throw aerials at people trying to approach, and never get punished for it. Still, projectiles generally work in favor of people with higher ground.

Not gonna lie, OS did a good job on the custom stages. It's gonna be interesting to see them in play finally. This may be the first tournament ever to actually use custom stages, even though we've been talking about them since Brawl was released.
I like the customs a lot. I'd actually be super gung-ho about this tourney because of the customs, but it's all those other gay stages that are turning me off. I mean, you SAY it's not really going to be a problem, but what you're basically saying is "Pierce, don't worry about it, because you should be good enough to **** people even with gayness." That doesn't change the fact that when I'm fighting the good people (i.e. playing the matches that count/are for money), I have to deal with exceptionally gay things. Kel, no disrespect, I'm going to use you as an example here.

I don't particularly mind fighting MK with Marth. I live in a MK infested state, and I'm extremely good at the MU. However, most MKs stopped taking me to Frigate, because I got good enough to win there, and it's not that great in the second portion. They prefer to shark on Delfino or Halberd, or try and camp me on Brinstar. The smartest ones take me to smashville. Now, granted, MK has an advantage on all these stages, but Marth can definitely fight him, and I win many sets against all but the top level MKs here. In a nutshell, I don't have a huge problem fighting MK on the stages in Jersey.

Right now, I'm thinking, ****, I'm going to have to fight Kel, and it's either going to be on Luigi's Mansion, Rainbow Cruise, or Japes, in which case my chance of winning has been cut in half. I'm also going to have to switch to a secondary to cope with many stages, and that's not in itself bad, but the reasoning behind it is bad. I don't mind saying, "Hey, my character isn't that great on this stage, let me switch." That's perfectly natural. A Frigate Orpheon counter pick on Marth is legit. I'm upset because instead I have to think to myself. "Hey, my opponent picked Green Greens. My character (Marth) is pretty good here, but let me switch because he's susceptible to D3's gay chaingrab, and my opponent MIGHT pick D3 if I stay Marth." That's just gay. Then, it's not even a matter of, "Let me try and outskill Pierce." It becomes a game of, "Let me hope Pierce stays Marth on Green Greens and then get lucky enough to 0 to death him with a gay infinite chaingrab that takes no skill to perform." I don't like having to deal with that kind of situation. It's not fun, it's not competative, it's just bad.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Your character is good on the standard starter stages, but doesn't do well on the stages that require a lot of imprecise movement. It's how Marth works.

If you're worried about the infinite on Green Greens, just d-tilt the blocks. They disappear and you can't get chaingrabbed; the blocks only reappear if the top blocks are broken, as the stage only recognizes the top blocks (the higher the highest row of blocks, the slower the interval in block spawns).

Every 30 seconds, the tree shakes, blows wind towards the players, or releases apples (one of which explodes on contact with the ground). The bomb to block ratio is a consistent one, with more blocks to bombs, so if you see a ton of standard blocks and only one or two bombs, a bomb is coming soon.

I haven't seen a D3 go to Green Greens in a while; the only D3s you'd have to worry about here are Lain and Y.b.M. as far as I know.

I understand the apprehension, but part of the reason I allow so many stages is to see if they're actually broken. People always SAY crazy things will happen and they're going to determine the victor, but they never actually do. If they do, I'll remove the stages.

But if you think D3 is an auto-win on the stage, pick 'em if all you have to do is grab and d-throw. You'll find it is much harder than that. ;)

Hey look, I play Marth/Falco/G&W/MK/Mario/Sheik. I can also just pick up and play like 70% (not IC, Peach, Diddy).
If you play these characters as you say you do, I've highlighted one of the best GG characters in the game for you. If your opponent is stupid enough to stand in the wrong spot, gets grabbed, and you d-throw, you can get a guaranteed charged d-smash if they miss the tech and a very easy tech chase if they do.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I **** the Marth vs. D3 MU
^I hope you heard that, Lain^ It's about time I got to play a scary marth in that matchup. Pierce, if we don't play in brackets, we should Marth vs D3 MM for $1 or something. And if CPs are an issue, we can each ban 2 stages or something, only allow universally accepted neutrals, or something like that.:)

@ OS: If you bring a setup, you should make that pewpew laser game you hyped up so much in Springfield or at least post a link to it so that I can try it out.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Pierce, this is the first timne the MW has had custom stages on an actual tournament list, any video that up is pretty much testing. it's something new and interesting to add to the game and maybe balance things out (for starters.)... never know til you test it out.

first circuit event of the season :) and I'm going in strong... see you guys there.

and fizz... dont you main lucario? Thats what you used on me at C4 anyway.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I haven't talked to Infern about what the side event for this will be yet. It might be a Rippin challenge kind of thing, maybe an obstacle course, maybe a duelist or pew pew lasers tournament, who knows. Gotta talk to Infern.

I'll give you the file if you want though. ^_^

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I haven't seen a D3 go to Green Greens in a while; the only D3s you'd have to worry about here are Lain and Y.b.M. as far as I know.
Really? Oh wait, you have legitimate reason to think my DDD bad. I remeber our iron man:ohwell:

and fizz... dont you main lucario? Thats what you used on me at C4 anyway.
Singles Results
1: Lain ($148.80) - Ice Climbers
2: AlphaZealot ($68.20) - Diddy Kong
3: Kel ($43.40) - Meta Knight
4: Overswarm ($24.80) - Meta Knight
5: CapEm ($12.40) - Meta Knight
5: Nope ($12.40) - Snake
7: YbM - Kirby
7: Fizzle - Lucario/D3/Meta Knight

I moved on Xisin;). Never again will you 3-stock me on my counterpick! I've got me some secondaries.

edit: ah, I don't really know how to transfer files to the wii....that being said it was a little inconvenient for me when it came to recreating those custom neutrals, but I think I got 'em right.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Your character is good on the standard starter stages, but doesn't do well on the stages that require a lot of imprecise movement. It's how Marth works.

If you're worried about the infinite on Green Greens, just d-tilt the blocks. They disappear and you can't get chaingrabbed; the blocks only reappear if the top blocks are broken, as the stage only recognizes the top blocks (the higher the highest row of blocks, the slower the interval in block spawns).

Every 30 seconds, the tree shakes, blows wind towards the players, or releases apples (one of which explodes on contact with the ground). The bomb to block ratio is a consistent one, with more blocks to bombs, so if you see a ton of standard blocks and only one or two bombs, a bomb is coming soon.

I understand the apprehension, but part of the reason I allow so many stages is to see if they're actually broken. People always SAY crazy things will happen and they're going to determine the victor, but they never actually do. If they do, I'll remove the stages.

But if you think D3 is an auto-win on the stage, pick 'em if all you have to do is grab and d-throw. You'll find it is much harder than that. ;)

If you play these characters as you say you do, I've highlighted one of the best GG characters in the game for you. If your opponent is stupid enough to stand in the wrong spot, gets grabbed, and you d-throw, you can get a guaranteed charged d-smash if they miss the tech and a very easy tech chase if they do.
Green Greens is just an example. I'm not hugely worried about Green Greens. Marth is fairly good there. But let's take Pictochat for example this time . . .

If I'm fighting D3 on Pictochat, lets assume I know the safe-spots and the transformations and all that good stuff. Now, D3 can chaingrab Marth pretty **** far if I get grabbed at the wrong spot, but smart playing/stage control/spacing, can help me avoid getting chaingrabbed across the stage. However, I have been grabbed once in the middle of the stage (D3 read a spot-dodge). Okay, that's regular. I'm going to get chaingrabbed off a good read, that's fair.

What's not fair is that the stage then randomly spawn the spikes which also serve as a wall, and now I'm getting chaingrabbed into a wall, and then thrown into the spikes, or really far, for a stupidly easy K.O. or lots of damage. This has happened to me in the middle of the chaingrab, where I had NO control over the situation after the initial grab. I don't get grabbed on PS1 because I camp/there are platforms, etc. On PS1, when there is a wall, I KNOW it's going to be there, and I don't put myself in between D3 and the wall. In this instance a wall randomly spawned.

This technique cannot be used to win the tourney, as it's a random occurrence, so in that sense, it's not gamebreaking enough that I could use it to win the whole tourney and say "look it's broken." Does that make it fair? Does that mean that the better player, or even the player that performed better won the match?

Marth does fine on stages that don't require imprecise movement, LOL. Marth does fine on all stages, except those that hinder his recovery. But, he can just avoid getting put in bad positions on those stages. Marth is very neutralizing, like Game and Watch and MK. That's my huge problem with this stage list. I'm fine fighting on ALL these stages, but the only reason people would even pick them is to try and do dumb things with particular characters.

And Marth works way better with platforms, same as GnW and MK. FD isn't great for any of those characters.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What do you think of Libra as an FD "replacement"? FD is still in as a CP, but I added Libra in as an "FD two". It has the same general properties as FD, but there are slight changes that doesn't make the stage as crazy for certain characters.

If you can accept that D3 can CG you, so you must put as little stage behind you as possible when playing vs. D3, why can't you accept that if D3 grabs you and you give him plenty of time to wait for a transformation you've given him a potential advantage?

Since none of the transformations repeat themselves, if I'm at a high % I often will camp until a transformation that can deal damage appears; since most of the hazards have set knockback and can't kill you unless you DI incorrectly, they favor those with higher percents.

It's all strategy; it is just a bit deeper and imprecsie than most are used to.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Singles Results
1: Lain ($148.80) - Ice Climbers
2: AlphaZealot ($68.20) - Diddy Kong
3: Kel ($43.40) - Meta Knight
4: Overswarm ($24.80) - Meta Knight
5: CapEm ($12.40) - Meta Knight
5: Nope ($12.40) - Snake
7: YbM - Kirby
7: Fizzle - Lucario/D3/Meta Knight

I moved on Xisin;). Never again will you 3-stock me on my counterpick! I've got me some secondaries.

Good show, but I'm really really comfortable with the dedede match up... 3 stocking prob won;t happen but i wont let you have the set :) we'll see :)

ah, and peirce if dedede grabs you on pictochat and ruins you that often juss ban it. He may cp you to siege but i feel marth beats dedede there... walk off isnt an issue marths good at avoiding people on that tranformation, poke stadium1 allows for easy camping to avoid a wall grab (ever try approaching marth by coming down on him? pretty **** hard.) Delfino may be a choice... but thats east coast legal and in my humble opinion far more dumb than pictochat ever will be. Sometimes dumb stages happen, it is the nature of the beast... and well it's smash.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I completely overlooked this stupid comment before but then my luck ran out and I unfortunately read it. This is a fail full of ignorance. KNOWING THAT A STAGE IS GAY, AND THE GAY THINGS ABOUT IT, DOES NOT MAKE THE STAGE LESS GAY. You could just LEARN Big Blue, or Spear Pillar, or Temple, or Hanenbow, or Skyworld . . .
You were complaining about having to learn stages that nobody else uses. As if learning a stage is difficult. Hence my post.

I never said anything in defense of these "gay" stages. Don't draw me into an argument that I had nothing to do with, k? :dizzy:

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Welcome to Rainbow Cruise, I hope you enjoy your stay.
I normally dont ban rc vs dedede, usually if someone cps me to rc they go mk, and if they dont main mk... they usually lose. I really dont think d3 is a tough game for marth... like its even at best for dedede.

Oh and speaking of RC, you MAY not see it on the next circuit event :p oh and don't worry people who like liberal lists, it'll be interesting.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I actually believe if you are a top player that it is better to CP using your best starter stages than to go to a "gay" stage you rarely play on and only know the couple gimmicks your character has there.
This is true.

OR

you could be like me, and put them on random when you're playing at smashfests. XD

lou4222

Smash Lord
Pierce I wanna sit down with you and play some serious friendlies/mms, whatever you want. You too Xisin. I need some serious Marth practice before Pound four.

I am real excited for this circuit. Doubles will be fun and last circuit I was a scrub. Im interested to see how I and the rest of Smashfield stacks up.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
lol Pierce seems like he is pretty confident he will win this tournamnent, looking forward to the tournament now more then ever

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Peirce: welcome to the midwest. You play by our rules. We aren't gonna change just cause some EC players wanna show up.
Oh, no doubt AZ. I was not expecting you or OS or Infern to be like, "Oh, Pierce is potentially coming? Quick, we gotta change the rules!" I was at first just stating my opinion on it. I mean, it's rare that players from different regions actually have intelligent discussion about stages. Furthermore, seeing as you have these stages on, I'm sure you can tell me more about why the are or are not broken, as I'm sure you have far more experience. Worst comes to worst, I can always change my character when my opponent picks a stage. MK, Falco, and GnW don't get chaingrabbed by D3. It's not something I'm really that worried about, I just got caught up in talking about it. At the end of the day, you know the rules before you enter the tourney. No johns. If you don't like the rules, don't enter. That being said, I'm going to try to enter.

Infern, I'm sorry for derailing your tourney thread, and hopefully I have brought it a little bit of hype to deal with. If I go, I have every intention of winning the tourney, especially since it will pay for the $200 it's going to cost to go. I am not trying to be cocky and imply that AZ, OS, or any of your other top players are going to be a walk in the park.

Doctor X . . . nevermind.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
haha its fine with me, the more rivalry there is the more hype there will be, hopefully though you will be able to make it for sure

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
haha its fine with me, the more rivalry there is the more hype there will be, hopefully though you will be able to make it for sure
Well, the reason it's tentative now is because after I was all like, "Yo, I'm coming to Ohio sometime soon, this is where I'm going to be, what tourneys are near that I should go to," everyone pointed me right here. Only after I get mad hyped does someone say, "Hey Pierce, that tourney is about 4 hours away from where you said you were staying." Overall, that's pretty lame, since I intended to bring my best friend with me. While she said that she was interested in coming with me to a smash tourney, I'm not even going to ask her to travel with me in a car with people she doesn't know for 8 hours. I'm not even sure if I could secure a ride for both of us. I already asked her, and she said she would like to come with me to a tourney (she doesn't play smash at all, but she wants to see me in my element I guess, lol), but she doesn't want to go 4 hours away to one.

Since I'm already so hyped about this, and still going to be in Ohio, I'm considering going, though I am going to Ohio to see her, not play smash. Spending one of the two days I have with her . . . not with her, was not part of the original plan. I'm THINKING about taking off from school that Monday (I can easily get the work in advance, etc) so I have more time to spend with her, and still make the tourney. I'm juggling my options here.

If I secure a solid doubles partner, I'm most likely going, because then the trip will be definitely payed off, and if I need to, I can just come back next weekend. I haven't asked AZ yet because I don't want to put him in a position where he's not even sure that his partner is 100% going to the tourney. It sucks a lot. If Jason ends up going, I guess I'll be going 98% if he teams with me.

A lot of midwest players have been asking me to come for a while, and I really do want to meet/play all of you. Never had any beef with midwest, and you're all pretty chill. Players have been impressing me, and holding up their region as formidable, and I respect that, so I really do want to come to the tourney. That's why I've been doing everything I can today to make it happen.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yeah....You should come pierce...this is going to be an amazing tournament....with people coming just as far as you....The competition will be very Solid....I'm hoping Jason doesn't come...Cause is a very troublesome person to play against.... I want him to come because he's so good and it leaves me in Awe everytime....Not to mention his name will attract even more people.... So tell yo girl to come, get a partner, and experience LV. 2 of The God Kais Bootcamp....

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
NJ is waaayyy to strict with cps.

I loved playing Quivo and AZ on Luigi's Mansion and Norfair. Really miss those stages.

I also wish Pictochat was legal :( I can't guarantee my appearance here but I will try my best to come. If I don't have work I will come for sure.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll $5 MM anyone from out of state excluding Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan.

I main Lucas so it's an easy $5 for you if it's any incentive at all. If anyone wants to go higher we can probably work that out.

Ohio has the coolest smashers so people should come anyway.

Top Bottom