• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE GOD KAIS Present MWC-E #1 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 2" Fairfield, OH (Oct.10)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Pierce I wanna sit down with you and play some serious friendlies/mms, whatever you want. You too Xisin. I need some serious Marth practice before Pound four.

I am real excited for this circuit. Doubles will be fun and last circuit I was a scrub. Im interested to see how I and the rest of Smashfield stacks up.
You have no faith in me, Louis?

For shame. If you ask me to play serious, I will...I've mostly been trying a lot of different things in our friendlies.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I'll $5 MM anyone from out of state excluding Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan.

I main Lucas so it's an easy $5 for you if it's any incentive at all. If anyone wants to go higher we can probably work that out.
I would but dittos suck =/

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll $5 MM anyone from out of state excluding Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan.

I main Lucas so it's an easy $5 for you if it's any incentive at all. If anyone wants to go higher we can probably work that out.

Ohio has the coolest smashers so people should come anyway.
If I come, I accept, but I'd use Mario. Don't worry, I'm well versed and comfortable in the MU, but using Marth or GnW feels unfair.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If I come, I accept, but I'd use Mario. Don't worry, I'm well versed and comfortable in the MU, but using Marth or GnW feels unfair.
Don't do it. DO NOT USE MARIO. (I'm telling you this for your own good.) Or if you do, just to be fair, don't play defensively. :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
SS that's already accounted for lol...I'ma basically reserve a TV for Marth dittos by having you and I sit there and calling Pierce + Beegs + Xisin over. Similarly one of us could try and bring a setup and put it in the InitialD machine corner and play Marth dittos over there since it has the most breathing room + natural light.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
You know what? Take me off the list. I'm quitting Brawl.

Thanks to all the people in the community that have been cool, especially Cincy, Louisville, Springfield, and of course the God Pies. I'll miss hanging out with you guys, but I just can't justify spending time and money on this game anymore. I just don't enjoy it enough. I'll spare you guys the rant as to why--and the flame war that might ensue after -- but rest assured it would be a long one. :(

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It was great hanging out with you at tournaments, especially the ones at your place. Hopefully we'll see you around, maybe at a melee/brawl tournament :D

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer

Thanks to all the people in the community that have been cool, especially Cincy, Louisville, and Springfield. I'll miss hanging out with you guys, but I just can't justify spending time and money on this game anymore. I just don't enjoy it enough. I'll spare you guys the rant as to why--and the flame war that might ensue after -- but rest assured it would be a long one. :(
Wha...wha...what?!?!?

But you promised me friendlies... :(:(:(:(

Only a meanie goes back on his word.

Are you a mean person, Dr. X? I was under the impression you weren't. Don't be a meanie. They're not nice. :(:(:(:(

*cue music* You're a heartbreaaker... a heartbreaaker.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL Mayling bringing in the G-Dragon reference with the heartbreaker liiine
Unless you're not referring to that, of course.

BTW I think Arc_Revived or Suyon is coming to this, and both are pretty good Pit mains so you might get the Pit friendlies you wanted.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
@Mayling: Part of the reason I've stayed involved for the past six months is because I hate to disappoint people... so no, I'm not generally a mean person as far as I know. But now that I'm in classes again I have much less time to spend on pleasing people. Even if I loved the game I'd maybe not have time to play anyway. :ohwell:

If you're at Brawl Bootcamp I'll come for friendlies. It's right up the road from where I live so it's no big deal. Maybe it can be my way of saying "goodbye." :)

Otherwise, sorry. :(

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you're at Brawl Bootcamp I'll come for friendlies. It's right up the road from where I live so it's no big deal. Maybe it can be my way of saying "goodbye." :)
Awh! ^_^ Okay, I'll let you know if I come.

The chances of that are like... 0.5% percent though. :( But maybe. :bee:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It's like I said, when I'm there (if I go, which I really want to do now), I'm down for all money matches, provided I have money LOL. I'm mad hyped to come. Midwest seems very hospitable.

Why would I ever play defensively with Mario? Mad boring. The reason I use all the characters I use is because they can both attack and defend. Mario's attack power is stupidly good. Camping is boring. I'm thinking about picking up Diddy, because he fits my criteria.

I would only camp like, Snake or MK, because those characters have stupid defensive power. Lucas lacks such stupid defensive options, so I'd just hit him. Camping in most MUs is a waste of time.

I will be playing Marth dittos/teaching Marth stuff, but don't expect me to play mad Marth dittos. They are mad boring and linear.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Sorry, I can't check smashboards much cuz my connection is bad.

Sounds good Pierce. You can use whatever character you want though. In fact at some point It'd be super cool if I could record some Lucas vs. your Marth. Friendlies, MM or tourney. Doesn't matter. Your Marth is supposed to be good so it'd be something cool to have for the Lucas boards.

But yeah, I suck so you can use whatever character you feel like.

SS: yeah a $1 MM is probably cool depending on my mood lol. No promises though. Marth pisses me off fast.

jokey665

Smash Ace
It's like I said, when I'm there (if I go, which I really want to do now), I'm down for all money matches, provided I have money LOL. I'm mad hyped to come. Midwest seems very hospitable.

Why would I ever play defensively with Mario? Mad boring. The reason I use all the characters I use is because they can both attack and defend. Mario's attack power is stupidly good. Camping is boring. I'm thinking about picking up Diddy, because he fits my criteria.

I would only camp like, Snake or MK, because those characters have stupid defensive power. Lucas lacks such stupid defensive options, so I'd just hit him. Camping in most MUs is a waste of time.

I will be playing Marth dittos/teaching Marth stuff, but don't expect me to play mad Marth dittos. They are mad boring and linear.
As I was reading this it felt like you said "mad" at least 100 times, but upon ctrl-f'ing it was only 4. :(

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

Thanks to all the people in the community that have been cool, especially Cincy, Louisville, Springfield, and of course the God Pies. I'll miss hanging out with you guys, but I just can't justify spending time and money on this game anymore. I just don't enjoy it enough. I'll spare you guys the rant as to why--and the flame war that might ensue after -- but rest assured it would be a long one. :(
Wah! D'aw!! TT__TT I'm sorry! It's too bad we never even got to play together or anything! And may I ask why? D:? I hope things get better if something is bringing you down! >~<V -Huggles.- Remember! Brawl is a game and games are meant for fun and excitement..!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
hee hee hee

I think our games'll be fun.
I don't care if my opponent camps. I just generally don't need to camp to win. I find attacking is more successful. Unfortunately, that isn't true in R.O.B.s case because he's one of the hardest characters to attack with Marth, so I might just camp you back with Falco.

8 minute matches ftw!

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I don't care if my opponent camps. I just generally don't need to camp to win. I find attacking is more successful. Unfortunately, that isn't true in R.O.B.s case because he's one of the hardest characters to attack with Marth, so I might just camp you back with Falco.

8 minute matches ftw!
....i wouldnt play OS w/falco unless he promises to play rob.....
1. If OS promises to play ROB in a tourney set, he's probably going metaknight.;)

2. Is there a double-blind showdown in the works here?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Obviously. Pierce couldn't handle my ROB.

DID YOU KNOW:

All ROB has to do is hit left and bair from the stage, and if Marth up+bs at any point from below him he gets hit out horizontally?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Wah! D'aw!! TT__TT I'm sorry! It's too bad we never even got to play together or anything! And may I ask why? D:? I hope things get better if something is bringing you down! >~<V -Huggles.- Remember! Brawl is a game and games are meant for fun and excitement..!
Thanks for the concern. The only thing that's bringing me down is leaving the community. There's lots of awesome people in there. You'll still probably meet me at some point. I'll be at this tournament for friendlies. Just not to enter, most likely. I may change my mind depending on money situations by then. :)

The reason I'm quitting, though, is that I'm back in classes, so I only have so much free time. I have to be more selective when it comes to what games I play and which ones I don't, and honestly Brawl just doesn't make the cut.

Again, I don't want to derail discussion of the tournament with discussion of my personal preferences, so I'll save the rant. If anybody's curious we can talk about it elsewhere.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Obviously. Pierce couldn't handle my ROB.

DID YOU KNOW:

All ROB has to do is hit left and bair from the stage, and if Marth up+bs at any point from below him he gets hit out horizontally?
calling shenanigans on this OS, you know just as well as i do that depends on the angle and timing of the recovery, otherwise you would of done this to me everytime... twas not the case.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
calling shenanigans on this OS, you know just as well as i do that depends on the angle and timing of the recovery, otherwise you would of done this to me everytime... twas not the case.
Test it with Mister Eric.

Left, bair.

I just never knew about it when I played ROB.

Top Bottom