• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: The Cataclysm (Part One) RESULTS FIRST POST!

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hmm I can't possibly see DA not attending this event. Should I remind Wes about the challenge you gave him? Lmao I know Wes well enough to know that he'd do anything to come to this tournament with a match like that on the table. I'm rooting for your success though Whitemage =)

I know Comp will be showing for sure, and when I spoke to Philly and Direvulcan both of them seemed interested too. It would certainly be awesome to see all of the DA at the tournament, and it would be a lot of fun to have crew matches with all of the East Coast crews present and accounted for (besides Ths :()

Whats up with the Maine guys? Surely after all the victory speeches you guys wouldn't drop out now right? At the very least show up for the money matches. If you guys are as good as you say you are sure to make a lot of cash off the many players who will challenge you.

Turtles we should probaby arrive at 11 to try to figure out which teams will work strongest. Obviously we have many team combinations that work stronger than others, and this tournament would be a good time to see the most powerful team combinations.

Oh and as a last comment, it might be a good idea to list the opening time in the first page. You can count on me being there right when the doors open heh.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the reminder unknown, I have added that to the first post as well as our new disqualification rule. This should help to keep delays to a minimum. It's good to hear that the DA may still be coming. Though it would be nice to hear it from them. I hope they do all show up...even wes so he can take my money. :(

Anyway, I hope that the smash guild decides to make it. We do have a crew battle afterall. As well as anzi if they make it. I'm not accepting anymore money matches as iot seems i have $85 worth...and that's a whole lot.

If anyone is bringin equipment please try to remind us so we can add u to our list. I think the only thing we need right now may be a vcr or 2. Thanks for all of your support, i think that this is going to be a tournament to remember.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'll try to get in contact with Wes and ask if he plans on coming. Something tells me he does, but he dosen't post much about these things. I'll also have to ask Team Ben if Bach is coming. If not, then maybe I can bring my recorder as well to tape the finals. I only have about an hour of film though, as compared to Bachs holding 30+ hours lol.

Lastly the DQ rule sounds great to me! Just so long as everyone is aware of the rules, I'm sure it will lead to no loss of time in people starting their matches. After all, who wants to get DQ'd in a tournament they paid money for? None of them I would hope, meaning that at the longest people will be waiting two minutes, which is a lot better than the amount of time wasted as most tournaments as people can't find their opponents, especially in the early rounds with the newbies who sometimes tend to get lost somehow (don't ask me how because I know not).

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Only a couple days left.... My schedule is still free, but I still need that lift.

It may be possible that I could take a bus up to NY, but could someone give me a lift from there?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I hope the Mages are ready for the hurt I intend to lay down upon them. That signed dollar is as good as mine.

OmegaWhiteMage: I see you already have quite a few money matches on deck, but how'd you like to money match me for $15? That'll at least cover singles, not to mention raising your quota to a nice round $100. How 'bout it?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
we plan to have decent sized signs over each tv to avoid confusion, as when we went to the gauntlet it was a bit confusing. We also plan to read all the important rules off (we have a pa system now :) ) such as the dq rule to avoid confusion.

tope - tetra is coming from the new york area, although i have no idea how close he'd be to you.

and the NSG is definetly coming, ive talked to banks within the last week and he confirmed.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry zoso, but the only way that I'll be able to take that match is by winning a few of my other ones. $100 is way more than I want to spend. But $85 I can handle. So we shall see.

th0rn

Smash Lord
For all of you who asked if the cocky, yet truthful maine guys are going, it's a yes. The Notorious Smash Guild of Maine (NSG) will be attending.

Also, I was reading through and I read that people have money matches with me when I only remember making two.... I have one with omegablackmage and unknown because of Banks. If I am forgetting someone then please inform me. I am also accepting anymore MM's. Just don't cry when I take your money =)

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
I unfortunately forgot that I'm doing the walk for diabetes this Saturday. However it takes place pretty early in the morning (starts at 10AM), but as early as that is I probably won't be able to make the actual tournament, because I'm assuming by your posts it starts at 11am, but I'm not entirely sure. So my only reason for going would be friendlies/money matches, and I'm wondering if you guys have any TVs or time periods set aside for this purpose?

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
My dad is not sure to bring me or not to this tourney. If someone could give me a lift, preferably from the guys at Norwood since Marlborough is 1 hour east from Spencer, and it wouldn't waste too much time for them. Just to make sure if my dad couldn't bring me (to learn to be not too worried about me all the time). The price for joining is a bit sketchy for me, plus the enterance fee, but'll I join in anyways.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
bob fungus - singles start at three so unless its a wicked long walk you should be able to make it anywho, and why not join singles, a tourney this big doesn't happen every month...

akc - im going to have to agree with you and turn my attention to roymaster, he's the only one i know of in that area. We probably can't go out and get you, sorry.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
omegawhitemage said:
Sorry zoso, but the only way that I'll be able to take that match is by winning a few of my other ones. $100 is way more than I want to spend. But $85 I can handle. So we shall see.
All right. Normally I wouldn't even ask, but I'm kind of poor at the moment...

Th0rn: $10 sound good?

Wife

Smash Lord
We're coming from Maryland to go to this thing, and we can't wait. It's only a few days away and I don't know what to do with myself.
I have to say I'm suspecting a lower turnout then expected, but I think we'll have fun no matter what.
but...

WIFE NEEDS MONEY MATCHES!!
Check this out I know a lot of people don't want to money match me but i have lots of special offers.
I'll do matches where I kill myself first in the beginning
I'll do matches where I give 2:1 or 3:1 or 4:1 odds (so you get _x that amount if I lose)
I'll do non-peach matches (especially money match my young link, but Falco/Dorf etc too)
I think I would do 5:1 odds vs any Samus players.

I already have almost 8200 dollars in money matches for BOMB4 but thats so far away. Who's willing to step it up? C'mon...

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wife - If I win one or two of my MM's I will MM your yl. W/e odds you choose. You may as well make them big since I'm not a very good player anyway. But like I said with zoso this is dependant on whether or not I can win a few of my other ones...or maybe if i get a really big check this wk ;)

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

I can't come to this unfortunately; Team Ben has a full car. Good Clux in the Tournament! Wife is gonna be riiiich!

I'll be trying to go with Chu to LA.

Liney

Smash Cadet
hey. I can go to this tourney with a few friends of mine. I just need directions. I am coming from NH, right on the border of Mass tho. Can you give me some dricetions from like, off of some highway.

Yeah. I'm bringing a few people with me as well. That's not a problem right? They're driving me and giving me a place to stay.

th0rn

Smash Lord
maybe zoso, depends if I win my other MM's which is prolly likely....
Also Wife, why the handicap.. that confident eh? MM me without the handicap. $5 is enough..

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
for mm's i have:
singles:

koreandj: 5 $
thorn: 5 $
banks: 5 $
pwnzor: 5 $
zoso: 1 $ signed
5 $ 2 v 1 special

crews:
mages v azni: 30 $ per crew?
mages v NSG: 30 $ per crew (3v3)

CHALLENGES:
Liney 5$?
Orky 5$?
Bob Fungus 5$?
Tetra 5$?

Liney, have you checked mapquest yet? if that doesn't give you decent directions IM me and ill help (omegablackmage).

BIG. G

Smash Apprentice
aight money matches.. :p

challenges

wife- my samus ur peach 5 bones 5:1 odds like u said.
omegawhitemage- my w/e i feel like atm vs u $5-10?
omegablackmage- same as white mage
thorn - $5?? come on u got this..
banks/dude from maine- $10??
Liney- $5-10?
Orky- $5-10
Bob Fungus- $5-10
Green Hunter - i know u want a rematch man.. $10 samus ditto

Wife

Smash Lord
th0rn said:
Also Wife, why the handicap.. that confident eh? MM me without the handicap. $5 is enough..
I'm not trying to be cocky, I just didn't think anyone would MM me without the handicaps. But you don't want em, that's fine.

so I have two to start:
Th0rn -- $5 tourny rules
Big C -- $5 5:1 odds Samus v Peach

anyone else? we gotta make that gas money back, driving from MD is ex-effin-spensive. team MM? Young link mm? anything?

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking at Wife's post and thinking "This MM was made for me." As I play Samus, I'm gonna take advantage of the 5:1 odds, but I want that Peach! We'll make it $10 for the heck of it. And while on the topic, I'm gonna call for a MM against Oro, assuming he's coming with Team Ben (why wouldn't he!?). I'll make it $5, unless there's an objection. I want a Samus ditto with this guy.

EDIT: Alright, Big G. $10 for the Samus rematch. I'm getting my money back and then some!

Banks

Smash Hero
Alrite peepz this is what I know:

I' crew battling the mages with my crew

I'm MM'ing BlackMage and Hayato and possibly Jinx and Unknown

As for Big G. and every other challenger I've provoked, I have absolutely no idea what any of you look like so I will be wearing an extremely obvious G-UNIT shirt with big maroon letters so find me and I'll check my wallet status and we can throw down. See everyone there. I'll be the guy winning.

Wife

Smash Lord
Banks -- wtf you're money matching hayato but not me! wtf he's like x2 as good as me i was super lucky husband was my bodygaurd at gauntlet or he woulda be beat me like he did TWICE at the last gauntlet! MM me instead it'll be a lot easier.

Green hunter -- **** that means if you beat me you get $50 from me, thats a big money match. you're on!

th0rn

Smash Lord
Wife, as Bank's brother and crewmate, I will guarentee he will accept your challenge depending on his money status... consider him on your MM list.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
if i make it....

i know i have a $5 MM vs OWmage

OBmage?anything?

BobFungus?Anything?

make all my MMs $1 cept for OWmage, cuz that was made a while ago, and plus, i am like broke...

v_v

xHayatox

Smash Lord
is it like an elemtary school or something?! why cant they extend it to 10 pm :D when they have school dances, it usually ends around 11:30 :p but if its the $$ thats causing this to only go till 9 than i suppose its all good but that leaves less time for tournament. that means we can only do teams and singles cuz teams take a good 2 hours or 3. and singles 6 to 7 hrs. :o itll be possible depending on how many kids come 64 and under its possible but if it exceeds well need more time :)

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
Iight Black mage u got it for $5

Anyone else.... Wife lets get our BOMB4 matches here and make new challenges for bomb.

Any1 else just come up to me and MM me, the only way I won't accept is if I know who u r and don't wanna take your money, or I know who u r and don't want u to take mine. :chuckle: :chuckle:

omega White mage and Omega BLACK mage, $10 Team match vs T.I. (Tetra and BIG G)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Chris I'll money match you with no handicaps ;) Lol but then again you said no matches vs the turtles. I'll still challenge you to a friendly YL ditto :)

I'll also issue two more money match challenges; Green Hunter and BigG if you guys are up for it. Again these are friendly matches of course. I'll also accept money matches from nearly any player, so feel free to ask me :)

Also Chris please give me a bit of advanced notice as to when you guys will be arriving on Friday. Sending a PM or such should be fine, but I just need to have some idea since I'll be busy in the morning with classes.

OrkyDaBad

Smash Cadet
Haha, anyone who wants to money match me will have to ask me at the tourney. I'm trying to save my money, so I'll just take 'em on a case by case basis.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
hayato - we have to pay the janitor by the hour so we can't stay any later than we have booked.

big g - 5 dollars sound good?
roymaster - 1 dollar money match, sounds good.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I brought some chips to this, would anyone want to play some Hold 'em? $5~$10 buy in, after the tournament or something.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Koreandj111 said:
I want to Money Match the following people for $3:

Omega White Mage
Omega Black Mage
Green Hunter
Wife
Husband
Orky
Z-non
RoyMaster2
Ultimate Roy
Bob Fungus
S.P.I.C. Tom
Hayato
Unknown Force
Eve
Yo-Yo
Zoso
Big G

Do any of you accept my challenge?

Remember all those challenges I made? It's still there. Anyone else want a challenge?

Wife

Smash Lord
Oro, I'll play some hold em with you.

And korean, I'm sure Husband will MM match you too he just doesn't check this forum.

just to list em real quick, I have...

Cataclysm
Tetra – $5 Peach v Sheik
Thorn – $10 10:1 odds Peach v Yoshi
Bank – $5 tourny rules
KoreanDJ – $3 tourny rules
Unknown – $1 Young Link ditto, why not?

and Kyle I think we'll be there about 8 or so. we can call you from the road to give you a better estimate, but it'll be evening time like that. can you give us your # again please?

Liney

Smash Cadet
Hey Big G, you'll prolly own me completely in a MM, but i'll take your challenge anyway. Except can we make it like, $3? I'm not sure if i'll go for 5 yet because I've never played at a real tourney so I don't know how i'll do.

OmegaBlackMage, i already accept your challenge.

I'll challenge anyone for like, $1 or $2 MM. I just don't wanna lose too much money, lol.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Sure YL ditto sounds good. Oh and if you guys are arriving around 8 that should work perfectly. I'll pm you with my phone number.

Only two more days good stuff!

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aw hell I'll MM you as well wife. How about...$3 against your peach. Whatever odds you choose. sound good. And I'd also like a MM with Husband as well. Same price no odds.

Man, this has gotten to be bigger than i thought it would. It's looking like it's goign to be good. And i think we have drawn a good number of local n00bs in as well. Cannot wait. See you all on saturday!

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
yo....i need some1 to eitha pick me up in boston or somethin man...it looks like i will be able to go IF i can get transportation from a location of some sort....tetra...whats da deal wit a pick up in port chester or somethin....lemme no whats really good sir....jinx...come on man...u live in boston u can scoop the kid up...COME ON....ERBODY WANTS 2 SEE HANDSOME COMP... lets do da dam thing

Wife

Smash Lord
oh and kyle i need the, uh, address to your house and stuff like that...thanks.
and for the love of god someone pick up handsome comp!
owm -- got you for two $3 matches

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Comp - if u can get urself to worcester somehow we can pick u up at either the bus station or the train station. Check out whats available and let me know.

Top Bottom