• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Myth of the Elitist Competitives

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I never said something about the level, that was your throw-in. It is easy for me to compare with Go. You learn from strong players very quick. Habits, Priorities and Technics. To make it simple: One time you'll for sure play against a weaker gamer in the Brawl Random Matches. If you want it or not, you'll improve him with every attack. Even when he's just getting a sense about the advanced technics and will search for it on the internet.

Like said in my first posting. The competition will grow and imo that's the reason for the outcry in many different ways.
No, you really won't. I played for a freaken year against 5 people for a long time and I tried to improve. I did improve (wow your point is proven but wait) but it was way too slow to be any competition to anyone with even 4 months of true tourney experience. If you want to be stuck in your room thinking you are going to be truly good at the game that way, fine. All I ask is that you go to a big tourney . . . . even a regional tourney a year down the road. You will get your *** whopped. Unless you are playing people online who actually go to tournies, your improvement will stagnate.

ChrisLionheart

Smash Apprentice
play this game competitively, but don't be an a-hole when you improve. Everyone was once a scrub. BUT, don't lose to someone who plays competitively, and say, "aw, you play too much." no, the correct answer is "aw, i don't play this awesome game enough"

Danon

Smash Apprentice
"Just like if I punch a girl tomorrow, it doesn't mean that I hate all women everywhere."

Yeah, but punching a woman still makes you a douchebag.

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
I'll say it again most idiots (elitists) like I was, post stupid hateful crap because they think competitives need to see the "light". Of course there is no light to see and it's about time they realize no one makes you play a game in a certain way so don't push your ideals onto others. I also think elitists become the general sterotype of how competitve players act and with all the great people that reside here on the forum such as Yuna and Card it's obviously not true. It really boils down to people who want to stop fighting and really want to find a solution, the elitests that know they're wrong but won't admit it, and the casual and competitive sides whom have gotten themselves wrapped up in something that needs to end.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Nobody answers me, ok. Thanks for nothing >_>*

*leaves thread*

And anyway, before going out, i'm not going to answer anything more. Yes, this is a smash forum, and maybe will be the competitive one, but the elitism will not cease except if all the people (idiots and no idiots) try to see the game from a neutral point of see.

Most people around here call me a scrub because i'm in the middle... and yeah, maybe i'm a scrub. But not in definition, if not in your ideals. A competitive player has to play competitively and the best is the challengue so obviusly they are going to see that their way of play is the best.

What i'm saying, the elitism is in the competitive ideals. All the play to win is elitist when you reach top levels, and i have suffered this, when i started melee competitively (or wanted to), I saw how the people looked down at me because i mained yoshi and didn't use AT (not that i didin't want... i didn't kjnow them instead). That's is a feeling that hurts a lot. And that's why i remain neutral, because i know i will be a elitist even if i don't want to.

Think about I say. Anyway I smell some people in this thread is ignoring me.

P.D. I would really love to go to a tourney and prove myself wrong when I see the people over there. But at least, in spain, that's how we see the things.

It hurts a lot that some pro piss you that "theyu are better than you, go die" every time you encounters them in a forum. Not even it piss you off, but if you don't have so many friends to play with, is a.... well, i can't explain with words. I love smash, and that's why i can't know how someone who don't love the game as much as I can be better than me (and don't say me he loves it, because someone who loves a game don't say that 6 characters are crap and these scenarios are crap and the game is crap except for the 5 fcharacters who are excitting, yes, it said that...)

Really, it hurt me.

And for Nes Noob, I really hope that i will have my chance to become better in online gaming. You see, don't so many have that lot of friends and in this city there aren't a lot of people to play with, well all my firends play smash, but i have only 2 friends so...

For me, as scrub, casual or potatoes (even troll if you want) made me, i hope that online will be my chance to become true competitive. Please, don't break my dreams.

http://smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4061102

Remember this elitist post of someone spanish. Well someone posted this, at #2

Si bueno, nosotros también podemos opinar como queramos, (yo estoy a favor de eliminar todo factor suerte).

Pero hay gente que prefiere jugar a hacer el burro quea ser el mejor (totalmente comprensible por mi parte) no veo por qué tenemos que obligarles a jugar de otro modo.

Que ellos juegen a lo suyo y nosotros jugaremos a lo nuestro.

Además se comenta que en el brawl, para llegar a hacerlo competitivo se habrá de modificar el peso de los personajes o el damage ratio, imaginate si los noobs ya lloriqueaban por jugar sin objetos y sólo en determinados escenarios, como se pondrán ahora xDDDDDDD

if someone knows spanish, it will encounter this post terribly elitist, and it is :urg:, but it has A point. They play his way and we lpay our way (terrible translation), but is a great truth.

For the sake of elitism and what not, or we make this forum for all smash players, or only for competitive players (and eventually, this will become an elitist fest, like it happens in spain). Think reasonably and answer.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Flaming is never warranted.
What alien race do you belong to? Seriously, flaming will occur. Flaming is, actually, warranted against stupid people. Now, as to how helpful it is, it probably isn't really helpful, but that doesn't mean thee person doesn't deserve to be flamed in some situations. If someone tells me "you are playing the game wrong" I know I won't be able to change their idiotic opinion about the game anyways. Instead I tell them they are an idiot, and move on.
Humans have feelings, and perceptions, and other such things that should be taken into account.
I know people have feelings. I'm human too, but I'll be ****ed if people are unrealistic and they make claims that they can handle the competitive scene. These people are idiots. Anyone who thinks they can beat the melee greats back in the day from just playing with their friends is being completely unrealistic. Simply put, competitive players who have spent a lot of time mastering the game have feelings too, and idiots that make the claim that there are casuals that can beat the pros makes us angry. Why do we have to suppress our emotions for their benefit when they are wrong.

Seriously, political correctness is for the birds. Respect others, but you don't have to bend over and let them ream you for the sake of their feelings.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
theyre already insulting us by saying we're playing it wrong, anyway. it's only fair we insult them back if theyre being intolerant. at least what we say to them is true.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
What alien race do you belong to? Seriously, flaming will occur. Flaming is, actually, warranted against stupid people. Now, as to how helpful it is, it probably isn't really helpful, but that doesn't mean thee person doesn't deserve to be flamed in some situations. If someone tells me "you are playing the game wrong" I know I won't be able to change their idiotic opinion about the game anyways. Instead I tell them they are an idiot, and move on.

I know people have feelings. I'm human too, but I'll be ****ed if people are unrealistic and they make claims that they can handle the competitive scene. These people are idiots. Anyone who thinks they can beat the melee greats back in the day from just playing with their friends is being completely unrealistic. Simply put, competitive players who have spent a lot of time mastering the game have feelings too, and idiots that make the claim that there are casuals that can beat the pros makes us angry. Why do we have to suppress our emotions for their benefit when they are wrong.

Seriously, political correctness is for the birds. Respect others, but you don't have to bend over and let them ream you for the sake of their feelings.
If so, then don't complain if we call you elitist.

Basically you claimed this: we pros spend a lot of time playing so it makes us angry when casuals say that they will beat us.

So basically you are claiming you will be angry if a casual beat you, but you won't if a pro beat you.

Sounds elitist? sure.

(Now i'm sure a lot of people have me in ignore *sigh*)

Miharu

Smash Hero

Basically you claimed this: we pros spend a lot of time playing so it makes us angry when casuals say that they will beat us.

So basically you are claiming you will be angry if a casual beat you, but you won't if a pro beat you.

Sounds elitist? sure.

No, we're saying that we're annoyed because casuals make baseless claims that they can beat us. It's pretty much been proven (in SSBM's case, at least) that a casual has no chance of beating the likes of M2K/PC/KDJ.

NES n00b

Smash Master

Sounds elitist? sure.

No.....it means I hear the same casuals are going to pwn or whatever baseless claims in SSBM if *insert john here*. It is very annoying for one to hear anyone belittle your skill or acheivement because of some reason that tries to belittle skill. Second, it is also nauseating to hear someone make claims without any base in fact. If I said I know someone who can beat every pro on Earth but you just don't know him, would that really sound factual? Wouldn't you think I was lying? Wouldn't you be annoyed that I would go around claiming this friend of mine could beat anybody here? I know I would. If a casual does beat me in SSBM, he would be a freaken prodigy and I would try to get him in the tourney scene as soon as possible to not waste that talent. ^_^

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Why do we have to suppress our emotions for their benefit when they are wrong.
Because you're the ones complaining about being called elitist. To challenge that, this thread was created, which actually seems to have accomplished nothing except make the forum seem more elitist with its stupid "challenge" and how it completley misses how the idea that you guys are elitist came about.
It's not because you have elitist thoughts, necessarily.
It's because you act elitist.

The burden of change is on your shoulders.
Change how you act or grow tougher and not let people calling you elitist bug you.

But wait, I thoguht we weren't supposed to say tourney*** because it might offend someone.
And I thought this whole argument was about how offended you guys were about being called elitist. :dizzy:
Also, the board has a programmed in censor. Not sure how you can get more PC than that.

aaron123

Smash Cadet
No, we're saying that we're annoyed because casuals make baseless claims that they can beat us. It's pretty much been proven (in SSBM's case, at least) that a casual has no chance of beating the likes of M2K/PC/KDJ.
Omg they said they could beat me! MOOOOOMMM!!

Do you even realize how ridiculous this sounds? Better yet, why would you even care that they say this if they "have no chance"?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

5) b. Respect Fellow Members. Even if you dislike somebody, you should treat everyone fairly. Flaming is a big no-no, especially when cursing is involved. Moderators do not like that. If someone is flaming you, do not retaliate. Report it to a moderator. If we catch them, we'll punish them.
Maybe I'm naive, but I think this SWF rule is a valid one. Point out flaws in logic, attack faulty reasoning with facts, use common scense. Resorting to insults? That doesn't solve anything. Frankly, I think the same goes for dividing ourselves into "groups" like casual or competitive.

How you play a game is irrelivant. Getting the last word in an argument is irrelivant. Whether or not you treat people with respect is important. Esspecially if, say, you are a forum moderator expected to set an example for others. And flaming is most definitely disrespectful.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Easy, go to the thread "So how do casuals and competitives interact".

Every post that states along the lines of "competitive players have more fun" are elitists. Just as every that states "casuals have more fun" are idiots in the same way.

I'm sorry but the OP post gives off the same impression. Anyone that states "Oh of course they started it, and they are the only ones in the wrong" is deluded.
Who said this? Bring me a quote, please.

I've seen "Competitive players have more fun than Scrubs because we don't bind ourselves with scrubby rules" or something to that effect but never "Competitives have more fun than Casual!". I've seen plenty of people stating the opposite, though.

Woah. I'm sorry. Who are you? Yuna had you bent over so far I thought it was him.
People's opinions aren't valid if they happen to agree with me? Too bad so very many do. I guess we're all wrong and you're right.

Trying to make all the casuals like the idiot casuals is... idiot. Is exactly the same point that "all the competitive are elitist". It's just isn't right.
Who is? Certainly no one in this thread.

And again, i thought a scrub was a player who didn't use adv. techs because they think is cheap, or whatever, and so they complain about it. But the scrubs have to be "competitive" (or sort of). I read this somewhere and it explained it well.
No they don't. They can be competitive (as in "I want to win!") but they can never be truly competitive on a tournament level because of the rules they bind themselves by.

I've explained the true meaning of a Scrub a good 5 times already in this very thread, I believe.

Can someone explain me the EXACT definition of a scrub?
How about you start reading people's posts? MookieRah's explained what a Scrub is as well. If all else fails, Google "Sirlin + "play to win"".

Yeah, you can't say that is elitist. That is true. But it becomes elitist when you put like this...

"look, its clear items negatively effect matches and reward the less talented player, look at this match video. so it's better play my way"
Who's ever said that? We have said "From a Competitive/Tournament viewpoint, it is better to play this way".

Why? Because we're the Competitive people. We're the people who go to tournaments. So we're perfectly entitled to write our own rules. It's like saying all sports everywhere are elitist because they all have a ruleset! I mean how dare competitive soccer not employ banana peels on the field? It'd be more fun after all!

Don't miss the point. The bold sentence is the problem. Competitive players (a lot) will see you down if you don't play like them, because they automatically think is worse than hims..
The bold sentence is imagined.

The true point is: like i said earlier, when you want to have a challengue or try your skill, the competitive is the way to go, and that is an undeniable truth. And that's not a elitist. But when you say that for have FUN you MUST play that way, you are being elitist.
When have we ever said that you must play "our" way to have fun? Fun is subjective. Everyone can play whichever way they prefer.

I do it my way, you do it your way. But the rulse of competitive gaming are pretty set. If you want a competitive atmosphere of fairness, balance and where the most skilled player almost always wins, "our" way is the way to go.

I've never seen a Competitive player walk into a Casual environment (thread, tournament, gathering, etc.) and start spouting off about them playing the game wrong. It might have happened once or twice or whatever. I have however seen Casual gamers go onto these boards and spout off about how the Competitives are playing the game wrong. In fact, I've seen it happen a good 10 times in the past three or so weeks.

Also, it goes the same in the other way. The people who says you MUST play with items on because is funnyer are also wrong... They have a point that competitive don't: the game was meant to be played like that. Yet, that's enough a reason to think their way is the best..
Too bad this actually happens while the opposite is seen once every third blue moon or something.

Anyway, someone can be the best in casual tournaments ^_^ in my association we have done two or three of them (a few, really. normally we do competitive tourneys) and is not that bad. And some people who knows how to catch the items in the air and other things (that the competitive people don't do usually) get better places than in competitive tourneys.
Did you just claim that Competitive players do not know how to or at least consciously choose not to catch items in the air? Who are you and what kind of "competitive" Smashers have you encountered?!

Yeah, i agree with you. yeah, a competitive player is better than a casual player in competitive playing, and usually also in casual playing. BUT WHAT I HATE IS WHEN THE PEOPLE THINKS THEY ARE GODS BECAUSE OF THAT.
Those people are idiots and very few, which is why it's pointless to complain about them the way you and other people do (excessively) because it angers us other Competitive Smashers when so many people say crap like "Comptitive Smashers often say **** about Casual Smashers!" when this simply isn't true.

It's obvious people who say it's bad to play with items on and stuff exist and I've seen them on the internet before. What a stupid thread.

Raise your hand if you hate Yuna.
It's obvious you didn't actually read the original post. That or you need to go and re-read it.

In fact, in the OP itself, it is acknowledged repeatedly that there are in fact Elitist Competitives... only their numbers are very small.

This clearly isn't elitism. This person said "I think Competitive players enjoy the game overall more". If one can consider this to be elitism, one can also consider the numerous complaints of "competitive players take all the fun out of the game" to be elitism, causing the count of casual elitists to vastly overshadow that of competitives.
Did you not read what he said after "Why"?

"Because you never hear them complaining about how the casual players play >.>."

So many Casual gamers whine about advanced techniques, edgeguarding, the C-stick and more, as if the mere existence of these things somehow impede on their fun... even if they don't play people who use them often or ever!

Meanwhile, the Competitive Smashers don't actually care about what the Casual Smashers do. I could care less if Joe Blow plays with items on. What does it matter to me? Joe Blow might, however, be mightly pissed by the fact that wavedashing exists.

Seriously. "You started it!" "No, you started it!"
How immature is that?

I understand feeling under attack and having the right to defend yourself but honestly, blaming one side when there are dozens of different opinions on the matter doesn't make any sense, there is casual players who stick up for competitive players and vice versa, so why say the casuals when you could just say the a**holes?
Because even if "they" didn't start it, they're perpetuating it despite the lack of evidence and the many voices telling them they're perpetuating a lie.

The Problem here is that the elitism most people speak of isn't all ways "go screw yourself noob, you don't wavedash so you suck go away you suck face!!!" though that exists, what really happens is that if you come in as a "not as hard core" a competative player, or have a maybe different view, or you might even be casual; either way, If you don't view the game the way the competative players do or have a different standard for what competative is and believe that competative =/= how many buttons you have to press to execute combo, or that you believe that smash can be competative with different techs than horrendous button pressing; they render your views or arguments complete lies, its similar to saying this:
Have you met someone like that? Do you even know of someone who's met someone like that? I can honestly say there are child molesters in the world but their numbers are quite negligent when compared to the rest of society.

Why even whine about such a rare breed of idiots? Do you whine about the existence of rapits everyday? They're rare, you almost never see them and at most, you've heard of someone who's been a victim of one. Why constantly bring it up as if it's a constant pain for you?

-ignores thread to post first, will read later-

I remember VERY vividly the time I met a 'Competetive Elitist'. Didn't get his name, though. It was at Anime Mid-Atlantic. He was very good, but not the best.

He was pretty much hating on everyone not in his little circle of competitive buddies, and actually sent my sister away from the Melee table in tears. He said she deserved it for not playing the game seriously. I got ticked, and we had two matches. First was on Hyrule Temple, he barely won. I requested a rematch, Hyrule Temple not quite being the best stage to determine skill. Second match, Final Destination, I pwned him to kingdom come. He johned about it (I would've won on a different stage!). I don't remember his face, but his attitude is unmistakeable. Plus, he was a Jigglypuff main. Anyone know any villainous Jigglypuff mains around here?
He's mos probably an over-glorified Casual player, over-glorified n00b or a Scrub.

Who, as Jigglypuff, complains about losing on Final Destination unless they're playing a laser-spamming Space Animal?

I hear from many of the (possibly) better players that if I don't play at tournaments, then I'm not "competitive". Whether or not these people are trying to be rude, I feel pushed back from something I wanted to join. Sure, I should just join or start tournaments, but I've tried everything to get tournaments started and so far smasher here generally said "sure why not" and then don't show.
It's fact. You have to go to tournaments to be a competitive player. It's not an insult, it's hard cold facts.

And it's not the Competitive Community's fault if you can't get tournaments started near you because nobody lives here/wants to go there.

And why must everybody come to you? If you really want to join the community, why not go to other tournaments?

Yes, but you see, this is the Brawl disscusion board, and any agrument over elitism relevant to Brawl must be observed. Most of it comes from the dissagreement of whether or not Brawl will be as 'competative' as melee. And being that it is a new game, though still smash, you have two sides: one group applying melee standards still seeing through "the Melee colored glass" if you will, and one group trying to be open minded about it (usually left over casuals from melee who now wish to be competative with the release of brawl).
This has what to do with Elitist Competitive behaviour? We're simply arguing whether the game will be/is as good as Melee. Apparently discussing anything lands you in a the Elitist-column.

I also find it odd that most of the elitists are coming out of the woodwork now that Brawl is about to hit. I think the reason for this, is that they established some small amount of e-cred, and with a new game coming out they feel threatened. I guess its understandable to an extent. But most elitists here, rather, the tourneyf*gs, take it to the extremes.
Lise.

It borders on religious fanaticism. A Smash player must not only compete in tournaments, but also by your own convoluted rules in order to be given any kind of respect from you miserable punks. Its kinda pathetic. Whats even more pathetic is that most of you refuse to see what you're saying is in anyway arrogant or just flat out false.
Tell me, why would the Competitive Community start going around throwing respect for Smash Skill outside of the community? Our respect stems from the fact that we admire how good a player is. In order to prove their skill, they have to enter tournaments.

We're just respecting some people. We're not disrespecting anyone.

It's like how all Hindus must be twits for respect Ganghi while not going around throwing random praise at random Hindus everywhere!

Anyway, with Brawl about to launch, you're back to square one. Watching you lash about trying to establish dominance before ever having played the game is so deliciously piquant. I'm thinking of Mookie's choice remarks about the casual crowd at the Gamestop tournament as I say this.
We're trying to establish dominance? And I remember your posts in that thread. You basically misunderstood MookieRah's words severely or you twisted them to suit your convoluted logic.

MookieRah never said "We Competitives need to p0wn the Casuals!". He simply stated "If you want to win by the largest margin, then this is the way to go". Why? Because if you only keep yourself ahead by a small margin, you might randomly lose by an unlucky item spawn or someone's Final Smash. In order to maximize the chances of winning, you have to constantly keep yourself ahead by as many points as possible.

Not only that, from round 4 or whatever, only 4 or 8 players will advance (I don't remember the details)... however, the problem is that at that point, 16 players still remain. How is it determined which 4/8 will advance? The players with the most points (i.e. "KO's vs. losses of stock") get to advance. So it's in your very best interest to constantly try to rack up as many points as possible if you want to stand even the smallest chance at advancing to that round.

It's in no way a way to establish dominance over the Casual players. After all, most Competitive players have either already played the game, know someone who doer or have researched the game so much they should already know what the best ways to go about winning in Brawl is. They should not need MookieRah's advice.

Its interesting, really. Its like you're trying to make yourselves believe the things you preach, not everyone else. Which is probably a good thing, since most everyone else isn't listening to you anyway.
Yeah, the interesting thing is that what I just said was said in that very thread (directed at you, I believe)... and in other threads. Not only by MookieRah himself, others and quite possibly me myself. You just don't get it.

Oops, looks like you misspelled tourney*** there.

Don't be so butthurt.
I'm only orally receptive, I don't take it up the tuchas.

I aggree, But there's still a load of Competative players from Melee saying Brawl isn't as competative because it lacks specific button imputs from the last game. That's what im addressing, yes the fundamental advanced techniques (Oxymoron FTW) remain; but that's not enough for these people, they think those button imputs are what defines competative smash, and what they do to the game is what defines competative and anyone who disaggrees is just wrong, it doesn't matter that brawl is still a different game and the advanced button imputs may be different, you're wrong for dissaggreeing with me and the mods support me so STFU. That attitude though based in logic is what people such as Dylan_Tnga thrive on and it is asking for idiots to be spawned, it is the "bud" if you will that we must nip.
No there aren't. We're arguing that Brawl is less competitive because it lacks options. The ATs from Melee gave us a lot of options. A lot of them are gone now and we haven't seen much to make up for their removal, hence, there are many less options in Brawl.

The more option a game has (depending on which kinds of options as well), the deeper and hence the more competitive it will be.

We could care less if said ATs are actually hard to perform as long as they existed at all!

I'm sorry for telling you that, but trolling works different. Just check the ED Article for it.

I know enough people who became competetive after they've played for 2-3 months. At some point you don't need no new knowledge, but experience. If you can stay at the endurance run you will improve a lot. Have you ever played Go/Baduk? It works like every good game. Rules are easy to learn in 5 minutes, but the game needs years to master.
Did you just tell us to read Encoclypedia Dramatica to learn facts?

I play Go/Baduk. Do you?

Tell me, dear sir, how good can a player get at Go/Baduk simply by playing a whole bunch of 20 kyus every day for a whole year? Meanwhile, we have another player who plays players of all strengths, especially stronger and much stronger ones, though with less frequency. Which player do you think will be the strongest after that one year if they are both equally strong and have about the same learning abilities?

The one who played only weak players or the one who went to tournaments and competitive places like Go Salons and played really strong ones (and then read Go books on Tsumego, Tesuji, Fuseki, Joseki and more)?
I never said something about the level, that was your throw-in. It is easy for me to compare with Go. You learn from strong players very quick. Habits, Priorities and Technics. To make it simple: One time you'll for sure play against a weaker gamer in the Brawl Random Matches. If you want it or not, you'll improve him with every attack. Even when he's just getting a sense about the advanced technics and will search for it on the internet.

Like said in my first posting. The competition will grow and imo that's the reason for the outcry in many different ways.
Only the level of play over "With Anyone" will be quite low. Why? Because Competitive Players do not actively seek out Casual Players for games. Why would we? It's not Elitism, it's wishing to play someone if equal or greater strength.

We do not need the ego boost that comes with ground-stomping someone obviously inferior to you. As such, we do not actively seek out weaker players to play against if we can help it. And that's what "With Friends" are for. The Competitive players will play against each other in "With Friends".

Other reasons why Competitive Players won't show in "With Anyone" very often:
* Lag. The more players, the greater the lag. Lag destroys competitive play and we hate it.
* 4-man FFA, 2 minute time and only a 25% chance that you'll get to play on your preferred stage and with your preferred item settings. Yeah, not something your average Competitive Player would find fun.

You won't be seeing the likes of Ken, PC Chris and Mango on "With Anyone" frequently if ever, that's for sure.

play this game competitively, but don't be an a-hole when you improve. Everyone was once a scrub. BUT, don't lose to someone who plays competitively, and say, "aw, you play too much." no, the correct answer is "aw, i don't play this awesome game enough"
Almost everyone was once a Newbie or a Casual. Not everyone was once a Scrub. For more information, visit your local Google.

"Just like if I punch a girl tomorrow, it doesn't mean that I hate all women everywhere."

Yeah, but punching a woman still makes you a douchebag.
Only stupid people say "A man can never hit a woman, ever". If the woman throws the first punch, then it's OK because, hello, self-defense (though a 200 pound man should be careful about the amount of force he usese on anyone, man or woman). If the woman is bigger than you, then I see no problem. I mean, shes' stronger, why should I be called villain when the odds are in her favour?

As long as you have a good reason, then it's OK to punch someone, man or woman. Equal rights brings with it equal responsibility. If you punch me, I will punch you back (how hard depends) no matter who you are!

You're still a human being! With humans rights and human responsibilities. If you do something bad, you have to take responsibility for it and not hide behind your gender!

Nobody answers me, ok. Thanks for nothing >_>*
I believe two people actually answered you between this post and the one you posted in this thread before it.

Because you're the ones complaining about being called elitist. To challenge that, this thread was created, which actually seems to have accomplished nothing except make the forum seem more elitist with its stupid "challenge" and how it completley misses how the idea that you guys are elitist came about.
It's not because you have elitist thoughts, necessarily.
It's because you act elitist.
I made a chellenge to people to prove their thesis. How elitist of me.

plasmatorture;4061464 The burden of change is on [I said:
your shoulders[/I].
Change how you act or grow tougher and not let people calling you elitist bug you.
The burden is on the shoulders of the victims?!

Why must we go out of our way and always be nice, calm, collected and gentle because some people have misconceptions?! The burden of proof is on whoever's making accusations!

programmed in censor[/I]. Not sure how you can get more PC than that.
It's still easy to see what word people wanted to use if only a part of the word is censored.

NES n00b

Smash Master
The real problem is not only do they insult us, but they know very little fact. For example, I would hear stuff like "when they banned pokemon stadium and corneria, this is when I though they were taking it to far." It is obvious that people not even tried to understand the competitive scene before bashing it. There is term called "cognitive shortcut" which means that people gather information on something by what they consider to be reliable source in order that they don't have to do alot of work to get that info. Well, it seems it has happened here as well. People would take stuff from 4chan, maybe their friends, and look at some youtube vids to see somethings then don't go into it any further. They also have a biased view of competitives from the start (like I assume you do now) and that makes it hard to change.

There is also the problem of "illusory correlation" which means that people take one example or ancedote, and then spread it to a group of people and think it is true. For example, someone made a thread like "Why items should be in tournies?" then someone calls him a mindless scrub who can't play the game worth ****. The OP of that thread thinks well I got insulted by a competitive so they must think they are better than me. This combined with what they heard creates these stereotypes.

For example, this whole thread. The point of the thread was that if you can't think of 5 competitives off the top of your head who are eltists, than it must not be as common of a problem as some people make it out to be. I mean I can name a whole lot of casuals who said Tourney people were closed minded, tourney***s, elitists, or lots of variations of you only want the advantages of wavedashing. Hell, I can even name some competitives who insulted some people for their views (alot with provacation though from said Casual =/). What does it mean for people as a whole? Absolutely ****ing nothing. Why? Cause how in the hell do these people suddenly become everybody in another group.

The other thing I have seen is that people look for things that are not there. Like someone insults a casual, suddenly all casuals have been insulted. Somone says that having items on in tournies is stupid. Somehow, all casuals are stupid. Stuff like that and yes, you know what I am talking about. Lots of Mookie's post are a good example. Read them carefully and take them as they totally are. If he says "casuals are easy to beat once you know how," that's all it means. It doesn't mean they are worse as a person somehow, it is just they are easy to beat. I am sorry if you don't want to hear it, but it is even easy to beat low level tourney people. I bet you guys think all the time that some family relative or your friend is easy to beat, but you don't think you are elitist. >_>

Last, another reason probably for all of this is sorta similar to culture shock. Competitives were mostly left on the board after so many years, but then casuals came in looking for Brawl info. They collided. Some people didn't understand each other. Too many new things so leaps were made.

What you are asking (person who said the burden of proof is on us) is that we somehow overcome the total impossible of the short term. You might as well tell something similar to every race group. [political incorrectness] Stop doing crimes black people lolz then all stereotypes will go away.[/politicalincorrectness] Of course, what are the black people who don't do crime supposed to do? Activism? There is only so much the innocent majority of any group can do.

People come here expecting see eltist competitives. They will find them eventually if they look hard enough. Human nature is like that. If I started off Competitive, I might have thought all these things about casuals, but I was casual at one point like most competitive people. I have met all sorts of casuals, tried to play these people like I would play any tourney goer (besides maybe taunt spamming XD). Talk to them like normal people. I have done it all with casuals. I, however, bet most of you have limited experience with competitive smashers. They are normal people, too. They just want to play the freaken game the way they want.

too long to read, but you must. If you are going to take anything from this post, just know that this is any stereotype. Take it as that and realize that tourney players are people, too. They get up the morning and go on their lives like everyone else.

Edit: You know why it gets annoying that casuals say this. Like I said, baseless. Not only that, it is beyond arrogant (ironic huh?).

battousai555

Smash Ace
Maybe I'm naive, but I think this SWF rule is a valid one. Point out flaws in logic, attack faulty reasoning with facts, use common scense. Resorting to insults? That doesn't solve anything. Frankly, I think the same goes for dividing ourselves into "groups" like casual or competitive.

How you play a game is irrelivant. Getting the last word in an argument is irrelivant. Whether or not you treat people with respect is important. Esspecially if, say, you are a forum moderator expected to set an example for others. And flaming is most definitely disrespectful.
Well said. I've never said this before, but...QFT.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)

The rule says "even if you dislike them...[don't flame them]." It says nothing about idiots.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yuna's right, I can't think of any real instances for actual big name competitive smash players put down casual players. I almost never see it, and the only time I have is when the casual players first take shot at the competitive players. How about we tell the casual players to watch what they say, as I constantly see topics like PLAY BRAWL THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!!!! bla bla bla, items are cool, tiers don exits, final smashers are coooool, and so on. Then there's the joke going around for a while, no items, fox only, final destination. It was funny at first, but it's practically being used as the casual players to show how competitive players ruin the game.

Myself? I'm a competitive player, but I play competitive style because that's how I enjoy playing the game. I don't bash people for playing casually, as I used to at one point. Instead I help and encourage them to get better at the game.

This is a good thread to get the word out there, but it's unfortunately going no where and becoming pointless fast. The way the casual's are acting in here being so defensive saying how they have been wronged by competitive players (yea, BugBall is NOT a competitive player, ever hear of him before this video of Sonic "advanced techs?") is what makes the competitive players upset. Who knows where it has started and who said what first.

Come on people, it's an online message board. There are going to be idiots spamming and flaming the boards, but guess what? You can just ignore them. Case closed.

Thino

Smash Master
wow it took me 2 days doing other stuff meanwhile to read ALL 23 pages
well :

1) Card's post win 10,000 internets

2) I agree with Kilroy about this argument being way too vague , its not people spend their time quoting post about people being elitist/idiot/whatever , we dunno how many casual or competitive players they are on this boards and which ones of them are elitist/scrubs etc... so finding 5 wouldnt be relevant

3)This rumor/myth came up by feeding the trolls/scrubs , I dont say elitist dont exist , but im quite sure there are far more trolls either casual or competitive than actual elitists and scrubs

4)elitism isnt "lol I can pwnz j00 n00b " thats just.. arrogance
a (smash) elitist is someone who hates casuals because withey play with items, dont use ATs etc...IMO
so , yoshi_fan, your spanish guys are just arrogant

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
DEFINITION TIME

I think the people here have long forgotten the meaning of the terms casual, competitive and elitist, so lets define them.

Casual player - A player who prioritizes "fun" over winning
-Plays the game the "way it was meant to be played".
-may refer to certain strategies and techniques as "cheap" or "unfair" since they are effective

Competitive player - A player who "plays to win" since winning is fun (ZOMG!)
-strives to get better by competing against other like minded players
-prioritizes competition over "playing the game as it was intended"
-doesn't like luck-based or random factors, since they don't involve skill/strategy
-doesn't whine/complain about cheapness. Instead, he/she learns the "cheap" tactic or learns to counter it

Elitist - An idiot who tells other people how to play the game. Sakurai never made any rules about how Smash "should" be played, yet the Elitist is adamant in dictating to all others the "true" way to play Smash. Elitists also tend to hate others for not conforming to their own style of play. Both competitives and casuals can fall into this category, but as of late, there is an upsurge in the amount of casual Elitists (which was Yuna's original point in this thread).

NOTES: An Elitist is NOT someone who believes that his/her style of play is superior. Read this line over a few times.

If casuals and competitives didn't think that their particular style was superior, they wouldn't favor it over the other.

Elitist are in fact those who despise other people for their particular style and troll them for it, instead of accepting the fact that there are multiple "right" ways to play the game.

Thanks for reading

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Yuna's right, I can't think of any real instances for actual big name competitive smash players put down casual players. I almost never see it, and the only time I have is when the casual players first take shot at the competitive players. How about we tell the casual players to watch what they say, as I constantly see topics like PLAY BRAWL THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!!!! bla bla bla, items are cool, tiers don exits, final smashers are coooool, and so on. Then there's the joke going around for a while, no items, fox only, final destination. It was funny at first, but it's practically being used as the casual players to show how competitive players ruin the game.

Myself? I'm a competitive player, but I play competitive style because that's how I enjoy playing the game. I don't bash people for playing casually, as I used to at one point. Instead I help and encourage them to get better at the game.

This is a good thread to get the word out there, but it's unfortunately going no where and becoming pointless fast. The way the casual's are acting in here being so defensive saying how they have been wronged by competitive players (yea, BugBall is NOT a competitive player, ever hear of him before this video of Sonic "advanced techs?") is what makes the competitive players upset. Who knows where it has started and who said what first.

Come on people, it's an online message board. There are going to be idiots spamming and flaming the boards, but guess what? You can just ignore them. Case closed.
Chibo looks at this arguement in a sensible way and I absolutely agree with him. More often than not I see a casual player throwing around the ideas that competitive players don't know how to have and they'll get what is coming to them in Brawl. Not to get into the childish "they started it first" mindset, but what competitive players are accused of isn't an attack but if anything retaliation.

I play with advanced techniques, and by a competitive ruleset. I get bashed by my casual roommate and my close friends who love items, won't play if I play a main character of mine, or if we're doing consistently balanced stages. On the internet or not, casual players will think of competitive players as elitist jerks. Just last night I was playing a three man free for all on Final Destination with Falco against my roommate (Kirby) and a close friend (Fox.) Kirby f-smashes Fox off of the right side, and I wavedash onto the edge to hog and he falls to his death. My friend screams out "Alright, let's gang up on him, he's going to get his jollies. *#@Ying Smash Bros. Fanboy."

It's going to happen on both sides. The difficult part is trying to ignore the flaming.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm the best.

lol you certainly are. :)

But seriously, what the hell is the goal of this topic? All it will do is fuel the inevitable arguments between competitives and/OR elitists and casuals. The arguments will never stop. Just play for what YOUR goals are, whether they're to win, have fun, or both. Ignore the stupidity that surrounds you, that is about the best thing I can tell you.:ohwell:

*this was towards everyone*

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The rule says "even if you dislike them...[don't flame them]." It says nothing about idiots.
Being convinced that a person is an "idiot" is no reason to disrespect or flame them. If Mookie took his job as moderator seriously, he would say the same thing.

I don't really care if memebers of the SWF community have views I disagree with. What I can't stand are people who seem incapable of expressing their views in a civil and respectful manner.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I only hate casual players who refuse to even consider what competitive players have to say. The ones who say *********** and dont even try to put an effort to listen to more knowledgable players. Those are the ones who I "bring the house down" on. But besides that, I have nothing against them.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
What pisses me off is when casuals start coming in who have done NOTHING for the boards or the game and telling the people who have been playing for years how they should play the game.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
-Plays the game the "way it was meant to be played".
-may refer to certain strategies and techniques as "cheap" or "unfair" since they are effective
Your post was fine expect for this. It's making assumptions, most casual players don't care about the techinques or even know they exist. By the defintion set here, I would be considered casual though I've never considered these things 'cheap' or 'unfair' simply because I can't use them.

Once again the actual amount that make this claim is lower then people believe it to be, just like the whole elitist issue that has been addressed here already.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Being convinced that a person is an "idiot" is no reason to disrespect or flame them. If Mookie took his job as moderator seriously, he would say the same thing.

I don't really care if memebers of the SWF community have views I disagree with. What I can't stand are people who seem incapable of expressing their views in a civil and respectful manner.
What Mookie has been trying to say is that arguing in a civil, calm, nice, politically correct manner achieves nothing. And there's no reason to be all nice all the time, especially when dealing with stubborn idiots.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)

It's not about "being convinced that some people are idiots." As you can see in Card's Venn Diagram, some people simply are idiots, there's no perception part involved, they just are.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
Elitist-One who gives no credibility to someone who does not share their view point.

that's where all this started, some competative players and Casuals did this to eachother. Competative players believe they're just simply reputing the Casual-competatives (Since this real problem comes from the fact that with the new brawl release many casuals are trying to go competative) With sound logic, but its only sound from their point of view. Then the casuals took this as flaming and flamed back and thus began the first war of brawl.

Making sure we identify the start of this problem is the only way we'll fix it, i suggest we try to unite the community if we want anything good for the future of smash

Oh, and the fact that the Moderators for this board have clearly chosen a side in this debate only makes it that much worse-they enforce the rules towards people they oppose but let it slide on their own side *cough*yuna and mookie*cough*

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Your post was fine expect for this. It's making assumptions, most casual players don't care about the techinques or even know they exist. By the defintion set here, I would be considered casual though I've never considered these things 'cheap' or 'unfair' simply because I can't use them.

Once again the actual amount that make this claim is lower then people believe it to be, just like the whole elitist issue that has been addressed here already.
I see what your saying, but that's why I said MAY. I know that not all casuals feel that advanced techs are cheap/unfair but it is a fact that some do.

I'm not saying you're a casual. "Casual" and "Competitive" are mindsets. You have to actually believe that the a particular style of play is preferable to the other to fall into one of those categories. If you believe in competitive Smash, then you are a competitive despite the fact that you may not be able to use advanced techs. If you are a player who believes in self-improvement and doesn't whine about cheapness, it doesn't matter if you don't know advanced techs. You'd still be a competitive. If however you became aware of advanced techs, but chose not to use them because they are "cheap/unfair", you'd fall into the casual category.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
What Mookie has been trying to say is that arguing in a civil, calm, nice, politically correct manner achieves nothing. And there's no reason to be all nice all the time, especially when dealing with stubborn idiots.
That is his opinion. Opinions are nice things to have. But at the end of the day he is a SWF moderator, and is expected to enforce the official rules of this forum. If he tells everyone that they don't have to follow those rules, he is undermining them.

It's not about "being convinced that some people are idiots." As you can see in Card's Venn Diagram, some people simply are idiots, there's no perception part involved, they just are.
Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with Card.

Irregardless, even if someon is an "idiot," flaming them just creates an enviornment of hostility on the forums which is extremely unhelpful. And when new posters hear a moderator say "flaming idiots is fine" then they'll just flame whoever they see as an idiot (ie: anyone they disagree with.)

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I made a chellenge to people to prove their thesis. How elitist of me.
What? I never said the challenge itself was elitist. I said it was stupid and missed the absolute point. However, the post, citing things like "I haven't seen any of these 'so called' competitive elitists. MookieRah, a mod here hasn't seen any either!" is flat out elitism "well if me or a moderator haven't noticed any of it it doesn't exist right?"

I can name five people who have acted elitist:
Yuna
MookieRah
OrlanduEX
shadydentist
BuSHiDo

And that's just from this thread and a few other posts alone.

Did I pass your challenge? Not the way it's written.
I didn't find 5 people who are elitist, only 5 people who have acted elitist at one point or another. And I certainly have no idea about the credibility of those people. And you also say "ignore flaming we think is justified plx [even though it's against the rules and thinking we're above the rules is elitist]" even though it's this (un)justified flaming that is the problem in the first place.

AM I SAYING YOU GUYS ARE ELITIST?

No.

You just happen to give off that attitude due to flaming people/similar things.

The burden is on the shoulders of the victims?!
Both sides feel they're the victim. :ohwell:

Why must we go out of our way and always be nice, calm, collected and gentle because some people have misconceptions?! The burden of proof is on whoever's making accusations!
Because if you don't want to come off as an stupid, elitist, 14-year-old on the internet, you have to not act like a stupid, elitist, 14-year-old on the internet.
Is it that hard?
Stop letting trolls get to you. If you think the majority of the people who come here with these opinions are real people trying to start real discussions you're flat out wrong.
Furthermore, it's against the rules of the forum to flame people. If you want to show people you're better than them, the thing is to NOT STEEP DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. Stay calm. Stay collected. Post facts to refute bull**** claims, and ignore the trolls.
It's basic forum usage skills. Why is that so hard?

And, again, the rules of the fourm itself say DO NOT RETALIATE. Are you above the rules? If you think that, that's (gasp) an elitist attitude.

The reason I even posted is I thought you guys were ready for intelligent discussion on how to fix things since you clearly have some problem with being called elitist and seem to be more intelligent than the groups coming and trolling you guys.

It's still easy to see what word people wanted to use if only a part of the word is censored.
That's beside the point.
MookieRah is insulting "political correctness" when he's a mod for a forum that outright endorses it. And, as Wiseguy pointed out, apparently he doesn't even know the rules of this forum... so I guess it's not surprising he barely acts as a representative for what it supposedly stands for.

@NES n00b

So basically... you have the same exact opinion on how things got "this way" as I do. Great. The problem is - what to do next?
You can't expect this thread to change anyone's opinion because its tone from the very start was militant and elitist. You can't expect people to end their thoughts that this forum is filled to the brim with elitist idiots if you meet them time and time again with flames instead of presenting what you actually are, which is rational human beings (I think?).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I see what your saying, but that's why I said MAY. I know that not all casuals feel that advanced techs are cheap/unfair but it is a fact that some do.

I'm not saying you're a casual. "Casual" and "Competitive" are mindsets. You have to actually believe that the a particular style of play is preferable to the other to fall into one of those categories. If you believe in competitive Smash, then you are a competitive despite the fact that you may not be able to use advanced techs. If you are a player who believes in self-improvement and doesn't whine about cheapness, it doesn't matter if you don't know advanced techs. You'd still be a competitive. If however you became aware of advanced techs, but chose not to use them because they are "cheap/unfair", you'd fall into the casual category.
Hehe actually I was referring to the all around definite of Casual not specifically yours. I am not a competitive player for my own reasons. The only thing I don't particularly like is being mixed into the variety your referring to which is unfortunute about stereotypes in general, not really your fault just how it is XD.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Elitist-One who gives no credibility to someone who does not share their view point.

that's where all this started, some competative players and Casuals did this to eachother. Competative players believe they're just simply reputing the Casual-competatives (Since this real problem comes from the fact that with the new brawl release many casuals are trying to go competative) With sound logic, but its only sound from their point of view. Then the casuals took this as flaming and flamed back and thus began the first war of brawl.

Making sure we identify the start of this problem is the only way we'll fix it, i suggest we try to unite the community if we want anything good for the future of smash

Oh, and the fact that the Moderators for this board have clearly chosen a side in this debate only makes it that much worse-they enforce the rules towards people they oppose but let it slide on their own side *cough*yuna and mookie*cough*
I think your definition of elitist is accurate, but Mookie and Yuna are not elitists, nor are the majority of competitive Smashers around here.

Yuna and Mookie have never said that it is wrong to play casually. They have never said that you have to play without items, with advanced techs etc. They have made it clear that if you choose to play Smash casually, that's your prerogative. Please go read some of their posts in this very thread before you poaint them in a negative light unfairly.

I also see that you are trying to say that Competitives caused the casual vs competitive war that is raging here, but if that's case, why are there SO many more players in Brawl Discussion whining about how we should play with items and how advanced techs are cheap and all that other BS?
Please don't forget that Smash Boards is primarily a COMPETITIVE Smash forum. The flamewars around here ALWAYS start when casual players who don't understand competitive play come along and troll everyone who plays differently from them. Those are Elitist.
You will never see Yuna or Mookie start a thread that says "Casual players are dumb for playing casually" or any equivalent. They don't even fall into YOUR definition of Elitist.

And why WOULDN'T the Mods here favor a competitive mindset? They are not "taking sides". Smash Boards was founded BY competitive players FOR competitive players.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
why are there SO many more players in Brawl Discussion whining about how we should play with items and how advanced techs are cheap and all that other BS?
...because you guys are being trolled and keep flaming them which is exaclty what they want. :(

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Dude, stop twisting the definition of the word "elitist" to meet your own needs.
By your definition, anyone who argues against anything is apparently an Elitist.

The people you called Elitist do not despise Casual players or casual play, therefore they are not Elitist. They do not believe that competitive players are superior to casuals. They do not believe that casuals are inherently stupid or lower than themselves or some other crap like that. They DO however favor their own style of play over casual play (this is a matter of choice, not elitism) and get annoyed when idiots come along and criticize them for playing the way they do.
There is nothing Elitist about despising idiocy and arguing against idiots. If idiots were not opposed by both casuals AND competitives around here, there would be more of them.

You are just throwing the word Elitist at anyone who feels strongly about their position, and that is unreasonable. Yuna, Mookie, and myself will not tell you how to play and do not feel that your style of play is wrong. Therefore, we are not Elitist.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Go plasmatorture! *cough*

He's right, a bunch of people are just getting pissed off at certain people's attitudes at times. You can sound 'elitist' at times but not necessarily be that way all the time. Self-control and respect, people.

@OrlanduEX: He isn't calling anyone 'elitist', did you read the post or just zoom in on the names?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Actually, the boards was made by casuals for casuals because no one took smash seriously as a tourney game. Traditional Fighter tourney people turned their nose at it thinking it had no depth. The site became more of a competitive board because some of the casuals turned competitive. The competitive brought more people. Most of the casuals dropped out while competitive people kept bringing people here due to getting tourney information and discoveries of strats and game engine stuff.

What I was trying to say in my last post is that alot of these thoughts of elitist is out of proportion of both sides. Most trolls go for the casual angle though and that is another story. The other point was that this will probably not be solved because people have already been tainted with these notions and have already labeled themselves. Its too late. This will take a long time to overcome if ever.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Stop letting trolls get to you. If you think the majority of the people who come here with these opinions are real people trying to start real discussions you're flat out wrong.
Furthermore, it's against the rules of the forum to flame people. If you want to show people you're better than them, the thing is to NOT STEEP DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. Stay calm. Stay collected. Post facts to refute bull**** claims, and ignore the trolls.
It's basic forum usage skills. Why is that so hard?

And, again, the rules of the fourm itself say DO NOT RETALIATE. Are you above the rules? If you think that, that's (gasp) an elitist attitude.
I think you've cut to the heart of the matter. If self proclaimed "competitive" players want to stop the false perception of elitism, they need to alter their behavior. As the veterans of this community they would do well to behave like leaders.

I also see that you are trying to say that Competitives caused the casual vs competitive war that is raging here, but if that's case, why are there SO many more players in Brawl Discussion whining about how we should play with items and how advanced techs are cheap and all that other BS?
The political philospher John Mills argued that the right to be wrong was extremely important in any society. Why? Because it provided an opportunity to challenge these flawed arguments in open for everyone to see.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion. Even people who we disagree with. But being rude about it is unacceptable no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom