• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Quebec PR! Updated 2011 March 18

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just to make it clear, as of right now there are no panelists for our PR. No PR update either.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I would suggest to drop ELO rankings, and pick up A panelist system. I can not take full responsibility but I can most certainly be a panelist

swordgard

Smash Hero
SwordGard ragequit brawl.
lol.

There really is no rage. I just don't have fun playing ics, I don't see the point in playing them. But I don't see the point in competing without playing MK either, as he is far superior to every other options. Maybe if I had as much fun playing as I did before, I would try and compete with another character but its really not the case.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
lol.

There really is no rage. I just don't have fun playing ics, I don't see the point in playing them. But I don't see the point in competing without playing MK either, as he is far superior to every other options. Maybe if I had as much fun playing as I did before, I would try and compete with another character but its really not the case.
: Come play with us Swordgard

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo citrus, this isn't my region but I can't help but give my two cents on it.

You will be going back and forth between each region so I think it best that if the PR would be taken control of by another person it should be someone involved in the scene a lot and someone in that region permanently. You'll be in Whibty in about four months? What will happen then? Panelists will have to send you the lists through PMs and such?

This happened in our scene when Nate was in Saskatoon for school. He got either too busy or didn't agree with lists. So the PR wasn't updated on a regular basis.

If anything I think King Kong should make a new PR thread IF neccessary. I mean wait until after KK's new tournament and if it isn't updted by then then yeah do something for sure, but SG is working on something different.

Just that I don't know if it should be you citrus. No offence man, this is simply an observation.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I'm talking to yannick right now, and we're gonna talk to holy later tonight. Perhaps i won't be in charge of it, but we are working on it. I appreciate your two cents as your probably more experienced with this kind of stuff, but everythings tentative right now. We're working on a new system. Most likely the panelist system and we have a general idea of who, we just need confirmation from people and work out the kinks.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
The PR does indeed need an update but with Swordgard dropping out, he's pretty much taking the elo system with him...So we would need to use the old and inaccurate panelist method if we were to continue updating the PR.

swordgard

Smash Hero
This has actually been discussed. Going to be updated after KingKong's tourney apparently. aka you want a spot? Better place well.

inb4sheik2ndonPR.

nvm

Smash Apprentice
man i'm way too gud. i'm still in it after 1year of inactivity ! You guys better eat your vegetables !

swordgard

Smash Hero
PR update, will change the picture at some point tommorow

1st Ally
2nd Holy
3rd PervKingbert
4th Guard
5th Techiyo
6th DarkShadow
7th Mar1
8th Tim
9th KingKong
10th googs

Honorable: Hells, Agora, Kage, Tarextherex

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
PR update, will change the picture at some point tommorow

1st Ally
2nd Holy
3rd PervKingbert
4th Guard
5th Techiyo
6th DarkShadow
7th Mar1
8th Tim
9th KingKong
10th googs

Honorable: Hells, Agora, Kage, Tarextherex
Question on that one. So Ally won't be considered "0" anymore?

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
why am I behind techiyo and darkshadow for placing worst at one tourney this is ********
techiyo beated me only once and placed better then me once
and the only thing darkshadow did was placing better then me at this tourney and beat your sheik and he is above me even if I outplaced him at every other tourney before (ottawa techiyo's tourney...)

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Im really upseted!!!!

Since when a noob like me can make the pr ???

Also, u decided to not put u in the pr ?
I like when u troll mtl so bad ahah

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
It's a new season, what happened at the tournament counts more than any previous result. Obviously Ally being 1st despise not showing up is just using logic. Would be pointless to wait for him to show at one of our tournament to go back to first lol.

swordgard

Smash Hero
This has actually been discussed. Going to be updated after KingKong's tourney apparently. aka you want a spot? Better place well.
Ankoku, I see you reading this. You don't need to, its a PR discussion : P.

This is the only tourney that counted for this PR. This is the first update in literally forever and there has not big tourney in awhile either, so we(which you guys will interpret as "swordgard") decided to start a new season. The only moment where we had to use outside tourneys when was there were very ambiguous rankings(you and DS)
Darkshadow has also not lost to sheik nor Captain falcon(your fails count as much as your achievements). Now you do realize head to head is not the only thing that puts you on the power ranking, it has more to do with overall placing and whom you beat. In this tourney, techiyo has pulled off a more impressive win(beating mar1) than darkshadow did(beating me), thats the only reason hes above darkshadow. If anything, darkshadow could actually complain about being lower than techiyo considering he DID outplace him by 1 spot, he did beat the person who beat who you beat(he beat me who beat mar1) and considering he did beat JMO in ontario while you got outplaced by JMO. The only reason you are above him is because we are giving you the benifit of the doubt that you would have beat my sheik, had you lost any MM or in tourney you would have been under. That was only because you beat guard 1 tourney before, even though you also lost to tim at your tourney(iirc) and darkshadow beat him this tourney.

This tourney being the only one that counts for the PR also meas every spot is very fragile, so better maintain your positions or you will drop like a fly.

PS: For all that matters Mar1, you said you wanted my spot, you got my spot.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
JMo got 9th at the OPC because he stopped being a ****** and actually played out to his full potential. You don't get 2nd with me in doubles and then get 17th in singles. His mindset was no where near what it should have been at the time. I'd like to witness a rematch of darkshadow vs JMo. Rhyme got 13th, doing worse than JMo but he beat darkshadow, who'm techiyo tied with. I say JMo finally got his head in the game, you may call it improvement, but I've done everything to make sure he doesn't act like a total ******* ever again.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
JMo got 9th at the OPC because he stopped being a ****** and actually played out to his full potential. You don't get 2nd with me in doubles and then get 17th in singles. His mindset was no where near what it should have been at the time. I'd like to witness a rematch of darkshadow vs JMo. Rhyme got 13th, doing worse than JMo but he beat darkshadow, who'm techiyo tied with. I say JMo finally got his head in the game, you may call it improvement, but I've done everything to make sure he doesn't act like a total ******* ever again.
Was pools, hungry. We will play next time, I don't care.

This is one reason why PR's are gay. Bunch of people get worked up and ****. If it can't be resolved by... the 3rd tourney, then **** it, don't place me.

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
Ankoku, I see you reading this. You don't need to, its a PR discussion : P.

This is the only tourney that counted for this PR. This is the first update in literally forever and there has not big tourney in awhile either, so we(which you guys will interpret as "swordgard") decided to start a new season. The only moment where we had to use outside tourneys when was there were very ambiguous rankings(you and DS)
Darkshadow has also not lost to sheik nor Captain falcon(your fails count as much as your achievements). Now you do realize head to head is not the only thing that puts you on the power ranking, it has more to do with overall placing and whom you beat. In this tourney, techiyo has pulled off a more impressive win(beating mar1) than darkshadow did(beating me), thats the only reason hes above darkshadow. If anything, darkshadow could actually complain about being lower than techiyo considering he DID outplace him by 1 spot, he did beat the person who beat who you beat(he beat me who beat mar1) and considering he did beat JMO in ontario while you got outplaced by JMO. The only reason you are above him is because we are giving you the benifit of the doubt that you would have beat my sheik, had you lost any MM or in tourney you would have been under. That was only because you beat guard 1 tourney before, even though you also lost to tim at your tourney(iirc) and darkshadow beat him this tourney.

This tourney being the only one that counts for the PR also meas every spot is very fragile, so better maintain your positions or you will drop like a fly.

PS: For all that matters Mar1, you said you wanted my spot, you got my spot.
why is that tourney the only tourney who counts so ottawa doesnt counts??? it was in january so it's realy recent and I lost to stroumbert's falcon not falcon and none of them beat his falcon too why are you assuming they would have won he placed 4 in mid tier with falcon and techiyo placed 7 and he lost to kingkong who lost to stroumbert you have no reason to say's that techiyo and darkshadow would have won to stroumbert's falcon
and darkshadow shouldn't be above me for being better at the sheik mu

Top Bottom