• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I doubt you could come up with a better, more reasonable and more fair system. No matter what the list is gonna be pretty messed up, but if it's not pit it's gonna be someone else.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I doubt you could come up with a better, more reasonable and more fair system. No matter what the list is gonna be pretty messed up, but if it's not pit it's gonna be someone else.
People really dont know how smart I am then and seriously take me as some noob.

Alzi

Smash Master
I agree with the pit thing i mean seriously made me lol.

ZSS
TOON LINK
PEACH
PIT
DK
R.O.B

Thats how it should look like.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My voting system was made to hopefully negate large variance from people being like THIS CHARACTER IS BEST.
When it came down to comparing the five characters only, Pit came out on top (well not including G&W). Him going up 4 spots looks extreme, but he hardly made head weight over characters who were not already a tier above him. Only character he is above now that was a tier ahead of him is Kirby and ROB.

Anyway, from this point I cant and wont be really bothered to argue literal placements. If you think a character is definitely worse as to be in a tier below them (or the reverse) than you may pique my interest.

Oh and as much as I like 1984 and I always wanted to be THE THOUGHT POLICE I can not answer why people voted the way they did.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
don't forget. sheik/zelda is above peach.

now that everyone has recognized zelda is horrible why don't we combine zelda and sheik next time?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
DP, your language is childish and pretty much inappropriate. Conning people? Wow...

No one agreed on Pit being 13th, as Ive said, some people were reasonable, than other people were like PITS BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME.
*sigh*.

All I can say is, I dont object to Pits placement in the tier he is in. Him going to the to top of that tier and hence +4 has a lot due to the system of voting. Taking into account his general position from phase one, I would feel the difference between Pit and Toon Link, Kirby and Zero Suit Samus is extremely small. Pit went up +4 but he could have easily ended up with only a +1. Peach was voted extremely close to both Donkey Kong and ROB as well. I hardly feel that Pit is > Toon Link or anyone else in his tier; really.
I think this post is actually a bit enlightening. I may come across as naive when I say this, but I never took into effect how close some chars can be in the tier list, position always makes you think otherwise (kinda miss that one tier list where there were characters that actually tied for positions, although not very reasonable).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I agree with the pit thing i mean seriously made me lol.

ZSS
TOON LINK
PEACH
PIT
DK
R.O.B

Thats how it should look like.
rob at the bottom?

like...i just don't get why people underrate rob so much
i think this plays into shaya's reasoning.

you take that tier and there every single person is going to order it differently. but the most important factor is that every character in this group is worse than the characters in the tier above them and better than the ones in the tier below them.

which is true I think all the characters in this group are close together and at the same level.

as far as the actual order goes, im thinkign the only thing we can really agree on is that Pit is not the best of them. which is where this whole issue is stemming from.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My voting system was made to hopefully negate large variance from people being like THIS CHARACTER IS BEST.
When it came down to comparing the five characters only, Pit came out on top (well not including G&W). Him going up 4 spots looks extreme, but he hardly made head weight over characters who were not already a tier above him. Only character he is above now that was a tier ahead of him is Kirby and ROB.

Anyway, from this point I cant and wont be really bothered to argue literal placements. If you think a character is definitely worse as to be in a tier below them (or the reverse) than you may pique my interest.

Oh and as much as I like 1984 and I always wanted to be THE THOUGHT POLICE I can not answer why people voted the way they did.
You wanna negate the variance from people. How about you guys actually Discuss characters. ALL of them. But I believe that you boys lack that the info to know all these characters fully, so have to play this election game with them. And if should not be that way at all.

For all that, why waste time making a tier list that is full of crap and bias nonsense?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you actually did and knew about ALL characters to a full extend, there be no need for voting. and this insane Pit boos as well as what happen to link and Zelda. And Peach not rising for the second time, when this time around, she put in more work there Pit.

Come on dude, don't sit here and give me this.

Alzi

Smash Master
Sorry DK below R.O.B that was a mistake by me.

And yes that list will always be hard to get right same with the top tiers.

Dark.Pch you need to understand this isn't even the final tier list and yes there are alot of wrong things with it now that even the back room will agree with.

Guessing Shaya has second thoughts of what got voted where right now. :p

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you want, dark.pch? e_e them to move a couple characters around 1-2 spots in this tier list for your convenience? an official BBR apology for this not being a 100% accurate list?

yes, you do have some good points and i agree pit shouldn't have risen. but this argument is repetitive and stale. nothing is going to happen, just move on.

Albert.

Smash Master
If you actually did and knew about ALL characters to a full extend, there be no need for voting. and this insane Pit boos as well as what happen to link and Zelda. And Peach not rising for the second time, when this time around, she put in more work there Pit.

Come on dude, don't sit here and give me this.
It bothers me when you keep saying that Pit didn't do any work or that Peach out-did Pit

Thats just not accurate at all.

KoolAid has been wrecking in New England tournaments going Pit, He has won several and has always been top 3 in the last 4 (?) Player Rankings.

Vex has also been repping Pit in the last 4 months or so and he has beaten plenty of ranked players.

Pit has won tourneys with high level players.

What has peach really done? You placed like 9th at SNES? Sky and Praxis on West coast placing decently sometimes?

I'm kind of confused... no offense but you seem to be exaggerating your character's positive tourney results

PS I still think you should get over tiers, and just keep trying and wrecking with Peach regardless which tier she is :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Dark.Pch discussing with yourself things may result in you coming to a conclusion, but people (as in, MORE THAN ONE person) may always have their own opinions and thoughts.

Zelda is terrible. Really really really terrible.
Link will hopefully get his chance.

I will sit here from time to time and happily inform you of REALITY. You associate this all with an election yet you... think voting isnt required if everyone discusses things... properly?
*sigh*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What do you want, dark.pch? e_e them to move a couple characters around 1-2 spots in this tier list for your convenience? an official BBR apology for this not being a 100% accurate list?

yes, you do have some good points and i agree pit shouldn't have risen. but this argument is repetitive and stale. nothing is going to happen, just move on.
You're right. nothing is gonna happen, but this time they showed easy proof of how full of crap they really. You have a whole buunch of people in this special awsome group that the public can not see it, and for what. For this?

This community is just the worst. I wait to see the day the BBR gets off this nonsense. Metagames and rules would be made better or advance if they keep on with this garbage. I read what it means to be a member of the BBR,a nd you boys don't live up to it at all.

Alzi

Smash Master
Pit just planks and spams and his voice is just bad. +4 for him on the tier list is a big number. I bet next tier list he will drop down.

Lol i don't see why the discussing of tier list and voting has to be private it would be better if the community got involved or atleast put in some opinions to help you guys out.

Albert.

Smash Master
It bothers me when you keep saying that Pit didn't do any work or that Peach out-did Pit

KoolAid has been wrecking in New England tournaments going Pit, He has won several and has always been top 3 in the last 4 (?) Player Rankings.

Vex has also been repping Pit in the last 4 months or so and he has beaten plenty of ranked players.

What has peach really done? You placed like 9th at SNES? Sky and Praxis on West coast placing decently sometimes?

I'm kind of confused... no offense but you seem to be exaggerating your character's positive tourney results

PS I still think you should get over tiers, and just keep trying and wrecking with Peach regardless which tier she is :)
You're right. nothing is gonna happen, but this time they showed easy proof of how full of crap they really. You have a whole buunch of people in this special awsome group that the public can not see it, and for what. For this?

This community is just the worst. I wait to see the day the BBR gets off this nonsense. Metagames and rules would be made better or advance if they keep on with this garbage. I read what it means to be a member of the BBR,a nd you boys don't live up to it at all.

Thanks for not even acknowledging my post

Just ignore what's inconvenient to you.

Keep whining about the existential (meaning worthless) perception of your character.

What'd you place at PolyBrawl btw? I thought I saw you wrecking somebody on live stream

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Me:
7th out of 32 (Anime Spring Fest) 3/14/09
13th out of 65 Enemy Controller Presents: No Maps! (Princeton, NJ) 8//8/09
9th out of 49 (Gauntlet: COLLABO EDITION #1, New York) 08/15/09
13th out of 141 ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S., MA 8/21-23/09
7th out of 39 (Gauntlet: saturday oct 3rd WOW NOW ALLY IS COMING) 10/3/09
3rd out of 25 (Gametables) 1/09/10

Edreese:
7th of 57 (Backyard Brawl IV) 5/16/09
17th of 190 SCSA: Social Smash Alliance 4 Irvine, CA (May 30th, 2009)
13th of 57 Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney (July 25th, 2009)
17th of 292 in Brawl Singles Bracket at D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS

KB:
7th of 32 (KUNTASM *Midwest Circuit Event 1*) 11/29/09
4th of 33 (Ohio Circuit Championship: Delta Upsilon 1) 12/5/09
9th of 41 (Legacy of Legends in Smash 2) 2/6/10
9th of 28 (Test Your Might VIII) 2/13/10

KOS-MOS:
7th out of 80 (OHSNAP 5: Le Thien's Last Stand!) 8/14/09

Excel Zero:
2nd out of 46 (Arcadia Tournament)

Mikey Lenetia:
5th out of 33 (Best of Michigan Brawl Tourney)

Praxis:
5th of 37 @ G.O.!! v2.5 08/15/09

Nicole:
9th out of 60 (Hot Dickings) 1/30/10
9th out of 34, Joker's Monthly

Dark.Pch discussing with yourself things may result in you coming to a conclusion, but people (as in, MORE THAN ONE person) may always have their own opinions and thoughts.

Zelda is terrible. Really really really terrible.
Link will hopefully get his chance.

I will sit here from time to time and happily inform you of REALITY. You associate this all with an election yet you... think voting isnt required if everyone discusses things... properly?
*sigh*
You know excatly what I am getting at, lets not play games.

Browny

Smash Hater
They make me laugh tbh. Gotta easily have the most disproportionate average matchups vs the whole cast / tournament placings ratio

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Peach has really good combo ability, decent recovery. Nice hitboxes. Predictable, but strong kill options. But overall she's just really predicatble sometimes. And I believe that Peach just has worse matchups then most of the people above her (not all, just most)

Where as Pit has one of the best recoveries. A killer projectile, Many multi hit attacks that are actually safe. Good spacing attacks. And a really great defensive game. Also many of his matchups can be more adaptive then Peach's so they aren't as bad.

Just what I think. O:

EDIT: Also, there are a bunch of people who play G-dorf and do well considering that they are playing him. But he still doesn't get a rise, because...welll...he's the worst.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
there are so few competitive sheiks... most of the low teirs are more active than us...

some of our best sheiks don't even use her in tourney (NEO, Light). I don't go to enough tourneys. ED is beasting ATM but he is the only competitive sheik out there getting top eight zelda/sheik... There are a handful of other sheik's out there I can think of about five off the top of my head but we average about 1 strong player in each region.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
ED is beasting ATM but he is the only competitive sheik out there getting top eight zelda/sheik...
ED just gets in your head with his insane jokes. By the time you're finished laughing you don't even know how you lost. XD

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Because ninjas are supposed to do things fast and scerectly so that's how come you don't know how you lost.

Psh beginners.

Jk

RATED

Smash Lord
I was thinking of the old tier list where MK/Snake/Wario were on the same tier when I said that :laugh: Pit belongs in A tier, and I along w/ other Pits plan to prove it to you. Pit's potential is like God. You can't see it, but you know it's there. It just depends on whether you believe it or not, but some will and one day when you die, you will will see the truth.

he has "potential" since most chars do, but there characters with more potential.

if u think this is vague, maybe is just that a lot of the stuff I would write is already in the tons of pages of this thread and I don't plan on repeating what a lot of people had wrote here.

Pit is good where he's right now, in that tier.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Pit is placement is fine. Its a shame that fox is a fast faller though. I played reflex's fox yesterday, and say that fox is pretty good.

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking of the old tier list where MK/Snake/Wario were on the same tier when I said that :laugh: Pit belongs in A tier, and I along w/ other Pits plan to prove it to you. Pit's potential is like God. You can't see it, but you know it's there. It just depends on whether you believe it or not, but some will and one day when you die, you will will see the truth.
You know replace the name Pit with Fox,Peach,Wolf,or Shiek and either one these characters could say the same thing.

EDIT: I wish I made that tourney...I think I'm the only GA Fox main, unless Monkey still mains him. You should play my Fox hichez.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
You know replace the name Pit with Fox,Peach,Wolf,or Shiek and either one these characters could say the same thing.

EDIT: I wish I made that tourney...I think I'm the only GA Fox main, unless Monkey still mains him. You should play my Fox hichez.
I should. Reflex mains fox now. so you are not the only fox in GA now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No I dont DP.
I am being perfectly blunt. You ignore whats convenient for you and because of that I feel I am done trying to humour you on the points you do consider.

The ones that ignore what is conveenient is you guys, and I exlained that with the fist post I made in this thread.

Peach has really good combo ability, decent recovery. Nice hitboxes. Predictable, but strong kill options. But overall she's just really predicatble sometimes. And I believe that Peach just has worse matchups then most of the people above her (not all, just most)
Peach is not predictable. It's the players. Lets not blame this on character. And Peach beats Diddy,olimar, IC and Wario.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I should. Reflex mains fox now. so you are not the only fox in GA now.
I only play Fox for troublesome match-ups--Basically, characters with swords and Lucario.

Doubles, too, but PT is not a good Doubles character.

That being said, I guess one could say I co-main the two now, but, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom