• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Pivot Walking (and PW Crouching) thread.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's good with Luigi if you DW once, then let go of A and dsmash.

EDIT: LOL XD try pressing forawd down on C instead of up back :3 the character crouches briefly, then returns to standing position :p
Luigi can pretty much already do that without the DP.

I think that crouching think was Smooth Booting, which is just another version of the Craq Walk.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
This was discovered a long time ago actually.
I forgot who did it originally but they provided a video showing the exact same thing.

The entire topic ended up devolving on what it would be called. I cannot recall the name of the topic so I'll search it out.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Omg, i just found a new confusing variation, press up back, then down vorward, and repeat, it looks really nice XD

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
This was discovered a long time ago actually.
I forgot who did it originally but they provided a video showing the exact same thing.

The entire topic ended up devolving on what it would be called. I cannot recall the name of the topic so I'll search it out.
Baaaw D: But still, we can't just ditch all this now XD maybe we shouldn't name it after me though XD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
*shrug* its basically the same thing really. Its easier not faster.

@doop: The reason it doesn't bear the exact same resemblance is because of the method used for the crazy walk. It involved tilting back and forward rather than your method.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
>_>
Fake spin attack mindgames, **** yeah!
<_<

Daea

Smash Cadet
The initial description is kind of confusing though -

If you hold A, walk and push the c-stick in a 45 degree back-up direction (requires C-stick set to smash), your character will spin 360 degrees, while still maintaining his forward velocity, and if you do this in the right pace your character will be continously spinning.
How are you supposed to hold A, walk with the control stick, and still push the c-stick, all at the same time..?

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
changing hand positions, or attack with another button i'm afraid D:

But seriously, if someone masters the DW AND the DWC, they will become masters of the mindgame.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
man i really like this tech for gw.. u can boost his dsmash and fsmash pretty well. I need to work on it more but its really fun :bee:

... and ya i dont like to claw but u kinda have to unless u change controls

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
and G&Ws are also the most confusing, your opponent will have no idea which direction you are facing XD

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
i just like to use it our of arials.. u can just glide into a dtilt for spacing or ftilt

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
hmmm.... I wonder how a doop walked reverse falcon punch would look like? (1080 degrees :laugh:) not really but yeah, your the man Doopliss Swe!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
DWC approaching to D-tilt with Rob is actually very useful.

Addendum: DW to Dashing Shield Grab with Marth is a good approach, too.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You really need to update the OP.....

Also I got the most epic Marth vid

Doop Walk (Retreat)
Reverse Shield Breaker (B-Reversal on Shield Breaker)
Opponent was trying to catch up to me

Released B

Nearly fully charged Shield Breaker KO'd him.

It already won me a match. xD

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I just updated it with the DWC, but yeah, give me a list of what I need to update, and I'll do it. It's so much right now XD

I barely know anything about Marth, so I would appreciate a good, compact list of what advantages he gets.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
DW to Pit F-tilt at high percents is sex in kill power, and it punishes spot dodges.

I am realllllly liking this AT.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I wish I were more creative to see this as being useful...maybe I would if I played Melee with wavedashing (I didn't find out about wavedashing until I joined smashboards)

Anyway, my favorite thing to do is just hold still and press forward up (45 degree angle) on the C-stick, your character does a weird animation. My new taunt.

If you're having trouble with "the claw" hand position, set your R button to Attack instead of Shield, assuming you only use L to shield.

This General Tso's Chicken is freaking delicious.

Oh yeah, and Marth's pivot IS ridiculous. And so is his dash->dash, or foxtrot, or whatever you call that.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nobody I use has a good one.

Which is a good thing because I Bstick. :bee:

Great find Doopliss, hopefully this leads places!

tocador

Smash Lord
maybe DW will be the anti-MK at that will save him from bannishment =O?

or maybe DW can lead into at's that will save him from bannishment and pwn mk's ***!

or maybe its just a fun AT wich wont help mk =/

∫unk

Smash Master
Having to move your standard controller grip to hold down A while doing c-stick makes this impractical.

If you set your non-shielding trigger to attack maybe that will make it easier.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I have Z set to attack for Sheik's DACUS, anyway. This helps me tons.

X set to grab, btw.

Anyway, my favorite thing to do is just hold still and press forward up (45 degree angle) on the C-stick, your character does a weird animation. My new taunt.
I noticed this too. It's strange. I'm curious to know what that is the beggining animation of, and why exactly it cancels. It looks a bit like a dash animation starts.

Multi-edit (drift edition): It's the first frame of the characters walk animation. You can tell by setting the speed to 1/4th in training, then comparing the beggining of a walk / run. MK's is the most obvious, and when performing the >+^ direction on the C-stick while slowed, the animation similarities are obvious.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I noticed this too. It's strange. I'm curious to know what that is the beggining animation of, and why exactly it cancels. It looks a bit like a dash animation starts.

Multi-edit (drift edition): It's the first frame of the characters walk animation. You can tell by setting the speed to 1/4th in training, then comparing the beggining of a walk / run. MK's is the most obvious, and when performing the >+^ direction on the C-stick while slowed, the animation similarities are obvious.
yeah I figured. It's something I liked to do anyway (just tilt the control stick to barely start walking, then set it to neutral, and repeat) except now I can do it while standing still :D

I also got Kirby to spam down crouch, but not the up crouch sound, by standing still and pressing c-stick down-right (when facing right) it makes me pretty happy.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
:dizzy: i clawed to much my finger hurts now... also i found u can pop shields inbetween DW and spotdodge (stop dodge is hard to do)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Doopliss:

Update the OP with the recommended setting of switching R or L (whatever you don't use to sheild) to attacks, to make it more comfortable to do this AT.

People apparently can't think of that for themselves -.-............

Top Bottom