• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Pivot Walking (and PW Crouching) thread.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
New Video since it was requested by several people:

How to Doop Walk (Controller View + Screen View) - Gamecube Controller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QUq0ZIIB_4

If people want it (tell me yes or no)

How to Doop Walk (Controller + Screen View ) - Wiimote + Nunchuck

ps:

I haven't yet figured out how, but you can do a somewhat stutter step (it slides :o) using this.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
If people want it (tell me yes or no)

How to Doop Walk (Controller + Screen View ) - Wiimote + Nunchuck
Wait... you CAN do this with Wiichuck?

:D!

Just a text description would be fine, but I would appreciate the vid =]

NVM what I said about for once wishing I used the GC controller again, hehe.

Tenki

Smash Hero
hmmm.... I wonder how a doop walked reverse falcon punch would look like? (1080 degrees :laugh:) not really but yeah, your the man Doopliss Swe!
360!
720!
1080!

..anyone?

------------------------------------

Wow. So a bunch of you seem to be hoping that this is like a new wavedash.

I'm feeling it's more of a dashdance.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
This= Trying too hard to make wavedashing.

Nice find, effort and creativity but please, why not just enjoy the game how it is?

Tenki

Smash Hero
This= Trying too hard to make wavedashing.

Nice find, effort and creativity but please, why not just enjoy the game how it is?
Wow. So a bunch of you seem to be hoping that this is like a new wavedash.

I'm feeling it's more of a dashdance.

More mixups makes for more chances to make your opponent slip up makes for more possibilities in punishing openings?

I mean, in imagined application, I don't see people doing this back and forth across the stage, unless they're like, super-boosted from it like Marth. But as a Sonic player who "discovered"/tried to find uses for Sonic's spin cancels, these moves aren't for using 100% of the time. They're best done when you need that one hit to finish someone off, or to throw them off their momentum.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
More mixups makes for more chances to make your opponent slip up makes for more possibilities in punishing openings?

I mean, in imagined application, I don't see people doing this back and forth across the stage, unless they're like, super-boosted from it like Marth. But as a Sonic player who "discovered"/tried to find uses for Sonic's spin cancels, these moves aren't for using 100% of the time. They're best done when you need that one hit to finish someone off, or to throw them off their momentum.
QFT

1000truths

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I should be recording matches tonight, definitely trying to work on my Waffling game. Should be able to get a few matches up.

Yes, I'm calling it Waffling.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Well looky here, more pivot research. Awesome, seriously. However this technique has already been discovered, through pivotboost research. I called it "auto-pivot"and I've fully incorporated into my gameplay since it's first discovery. Another finding came from auto pivoting, and that was flinching. These demonstrations can be found on youtube. I seriously have crap loads of "useless" findings that I have been itching to release ever since the pivotboost discovery. Up-B cancel and Spining Kong lag cancel being the most recent. Good job though Doopliss (and others).

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i think im doing it wrong, like it only happens every 4 tries.

also its awkard to hold my A with my index finger but use my thumb to move the c stick? how do u suggest i do it

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
LOL. Cool.

You Spin Me Right Round :D

I can't believe no one did this yet. :p. Unless I did it wrong ._.

But is there a way to DW back and forth like the crazy walk?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well looky here, more pivot research. Awesome, seriously. However this technique has already been discovered, through pivotboost research. I called it "auto-pivot"and I've fully incorporated into my gameplay since it's first discovery. Another finding came from auto pivoting, and that was flinching. These demonstrations can be found on youtube. I seriously have crap loads of "useless" findings that I have been itching to release ever since the pivotboost discovery. Up-B cancel and Spining Kong lag cancel being the most recent. Good job though Doopliss (and others).
.....?

you come into the thread and say interesting stuff, and then silence D:

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Like they always say...

VIDS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN :O

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I've done this a lot before. It's pretty easy.

I have a quick question -- would a method such as this be better than doing a RAR with Toon Link leading into a bair combo? Or maybe just doing a RAR overall?

I never really found it useful is which why I never posted it before.. but from what a lot of people say it could be.. can someone explain?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Don't they make tripping codes anyways?

Well, this saves tourney holders and others money then.

Top Bottom