• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

D

Deleted member

I think both Waluigi and Daisy would make for interesting reps for Mario Spinoffs, even if they were made to be counter-parts of Luigi and Peach (I prefer Waluigi, but Daisy is more likely).
Plot twist: Daisy and Waluigi are alts of each other in Smash

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
A "New Super Mario Land" would be amazing, and after saving Daisy you should get to play as her. And it could do that whole multiplayer thing that Mario's been doing with Luigi, Peach, Toad, and maybe Rosalina as an unlockable/hidden character. I'd buy it.

Nintendo would get so much more of my money if they made more Daisy things. Really all I buy from them now-a-days is Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and maybe some Zelda games, Oh, and Pokémon and Amiibo too.
In fact, I haven't even bought a WiiU yet, I just go over to my friend's house and use hers. But if Nintendo made a Daisy game I would buy one just for that. Maybe they could bundle special edition Daisy WiiU with the game, like I would pay about $250 for that. (I'm not sure how much WiiUs cost, but I'm guessing about $250...)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

Anyway, do you guys think Daisy will be in Smash? (no bias.)

I feel like she has a good possibility since I know Nintendo will give us at least 1 female and I think there's only 3 serious female canidates. Dixie Kong, Shantae and Daisy.
I personally feel that Dixie Kong and Krystal are ruled out as DLC because of their more highly requested fellow series characters (Wolf and K Rool). Wolf has a higher chance than Krystal because not only does he have more support, as I've seen, but also he is a Brawl veteran for pete's sake! People loved him there, and you know just how much people like getting their veterans as DLC. As for Dixie, K Rool simply has more support than her, and even Daisy has more support than her on various websites and even beat her on the Etika poll. Daisy also beat Impa, Rythm Girl, Mona, and other females on that poll.

Shantae and Inkling, two other females, however, currently beat Daisy by a long shot in number of support, however. I personally feel that Daisy is the third most voted female, Inkling is second, and Shantae is first. Bayonetta also has more support than Daisy, but is simply ruled out because the creator tweeted something around the lines of "F off. Enough of Smash idiots" when people kept asking for Bayonetta in Smash. But I think Inkling might not have a chance due to her/him already being a Mii costume. I know Mii costume doesn't rule out a character, but to me, the costume looks EXACTLY like a real Inkling (same body shape, unlike Mii Link which is shorter and bigger headed than real Link) and the Mii Gunner moveset works really well with it. Shantae has a high amount of support but to me her chances are iffy due to her being third party and also from an indi game.

So that's why I think Daisy has the highest chance out of all female DLC choices!! Daisy in her sports outfit for DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I'm just too confident.

After all, recent leaks point to a secret new DLC character, and there are many signs that it may be Inkling, as discussed on GameFAQs.
And also, a recent picture on Twitter shows Sakurai in a selfie with the creator of Shantae.

So maybe Daisy is still third on the female list, not first like I hoped.

And you also have to remember that there are a whole bunch of other male characters that have more votes than Daisy. I found it very unfortunate and shocking to see that characters such as Waluigi and Geno had more votes than Daisy. And even though Waluigi has more votes, he's an Assist Trophy. Geno only made one appearance in an RPG and was never seen again (Duck Hunt may have appeared in 1 game as well, but he's an NES classic and deserves his Smash spot, whereas Geno is not a major Mario character at all. Neither is Daisy but she is very reoccurring and has appeared in over 40 games; the fact that they are spin offs matters not; after all we have Dr. Mario in Smash). Not to mention the fact that Geno is created by Square Enix! So just because a character may have more votes than Daisy doesn't mean they're more likely.

And I feel like they're going to do at least 1 female DLC instead of all male. So, that makes me wonder. Which female? To me, the only possible choices are Inkling (I hope not, sorry Inkling fans), Shantae (I really don't want her either), or Daisy (my only wanted DLC character because she is feisty, awesome, underrated, hilarious, and cool).

Out of these 3 women, which do YOU think will be DLC?

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Maybe if we petition for 2016/2017 to be the Year of Daisy (like the Year of Luigi) we'd get it.

All in favor of the Year of Daisy, say "Aye."
Aye. And just because Sakurai took a selfie with the creator of Shantae doesn't mean she is in, heck Kojima and Sakurai are good friends and yet we don't see Solid Snake in Sm4sh despite Kojima saying in a tweet to please put him back.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Maybe if we petition for 2016/2017 to be the Year of Daisy (like the Year of Luigi) we'd get it.

Aye! If there really IS a petition for Daisy, I'll be sure to put my name on it. I'd be a fool not to.

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I personally feel that Dixie Kong and Krystal are ruled out as DLC because of their more highly requested fellow series characters (Wolf and K Rool). Wolf has a higher chance than Krystal because not only does he have more support, as I've seen, but also he is a Brawl veteran for pete's sake! People loved him there, and you know just how much people like getting their veterans as DLC. As for Dixie, K Rool simply has more support than her, and even Daisy has more support than her on various websites and even beat her on the Etika poll. Daisy also beat Impa, Rythm Girl, Mona, and other females.

Shantae and Inkling, two other females, however, currently beat Daisy by a long shot in number of support, however. I personally feel that Daisy is the third most voted female, Inkling is second, and Shantae is first. Bayonetta also has more support than Daisy, but is simply ruled out because the creator tweeted something around the lines of "F off. Enough of Smash idiots" when people kept asking for Bayonetta in Smash. But I think Inkling might not have a chance due to her/him already being a Mii costume. I know Mii costume doesn't rule out a character, but to me, the costume looks EXACTLY like a real Inkling (same body shape, unlike Mii Link which is shorter and bigger headed than real Link) and the Mii Gunner moveset works really well with it. Shantae has a high amount of support but to me her chances are iffy due to her being third party and also from an indi game.

So that's why I think Daisy has the highest chance out of all female DLC choices!! Daisy in her sports outfit for DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I'm just too confident.

After all, recent leaks point to a secret new DLC character, and there are many signs that it may be Inkling, as discussed on GameFAQs.
And also, a recent picture on Twitter shows Sakurai in a selfie with the creator of Shantae.

So maybe Daisy is still third on the female list, not first like I hoped.

And you also have to remember that there are a whole bunch of other male characters that have more votes than Daisy. But then again, I feel like they're going to do at least 1 female DLC instead of all male. So, that makes me wonder. Which female? To me, the only possible choices are Inkling (I hope not, sorry Inkling fans), Shantae (I really don't want her either), or Daisy (my only wanted DLC character because she is feisty, awesome, underrated, hilarious, and cool).

I think that all have an amazingly high chance. But if I had to choose... I think that the most disappointing one, Inkling will be in. Splatoon is really big and I feel like Nintendo is really trying to make it an All-Star title and really shoving it down our throats. I think this because of all the merch, Amiibo, and a lot of other things. The other two are tied for my most wanted DLC but I just can't picture Shantae or Daisy in. Also, there are a lot of Mario character so that also contributes to it. But overall this is the possibility rates imo. They're all pretty close. S:33 I:35 D:32 Unfortunately.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Aye. If Nintendo can promote the hell out of Weegee and Yoshi, then they should do something similar with the spinoff stars.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Okay, looks like we got some support here for Year of Daisy. Think it would be a good idea for me to start an actual petition on the change.org site or something? I mean, Nintendo probably doesn't look for petitions on smash boards...

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Okay, looks like we got some support here for Year of Daisy. Think it would be a good idea for me to start an actual petition on the change.org site or something? I mean, Nintendo probably doesn't look for petitions on smash boards...
You totally should. I would sign it and I think everyone else on the thread would too.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm afraid that I wouldn't sign anything on that site, as they spam like there's no tomorrow! Gaming-wise, it's also gotten a bit of a bad reputation as a result of some of the sorts of polls that have been made there.

A petition won't really do much, I dare say. Raising the profile of fan works celebrating the character is more likely to have the desired positive effects.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I'm afraid that I wouldn't sign anything on that site, as they spam like there's no tomorrow! Gaming-wise, it's also gotten a bit of a bad reputation as a result of some of the sorts of polls that have been made there.

A petition won't really do much, I dare say. Raising the profile of fan works celebrating the character is more likely to have the desired positive effects.
A petition could help and several Nintendo petitions on there have been recognized and covered by gaming news sites, it couldn't hurt to try so I'm writing one up.
But, yes, I agree with you on spreading fan works and such of the character. We should focus on that, but again a petition wouldn't hurt and may help us get our point through to some haters of Daisy.

Once I get it written up, I will post a link to it on here, feel free to sign or not.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Don't wanna be a party pooper or anything, I really support Daisy, I really do, but how about for now we just observe how Nintendo handles the requests at the ballot? If we see things are just the same then yeah, let's take matters into our hands.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Don't wanna be a party pooper or anything, I really support Daisy, I really do, but how about for now we just observe how Nintendo handles the requests at the ballot? If we see things are just the same then yeah, let's take matters into our hands.
Okay, we can hold off on the petition then, if you think it's a better idea to wait. Also it turns out that I'm really bad a t writing petitions so there's that too...

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, we can certainly say that aliens have never cared about invading the Mushroom Kingdom!
What about the Shroobs in Mario & Luigi 2?

I agree with you that Sarasaland is pretty unique as far as Mario game settings go though. I didn't really think about that much until Brawl in the Family pointed it out a while back.

Also, I'm totally on board with RC Walu's New Super Mario Land idea. If that ever happened, I'd like to see the Marine Pop and Sky Pop make a return too.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
And you also have to remember that there are a whole bunch of other male characters that have more votes than Daisy. I found it very unfortunate and shocking to see that characters such as Waluigi and Geno had more votes than Daisy.
A. Waluigi is the fan-favorite of the Mario sports titles, and Geno is a very popular character (Even if he won't be in Smash).
B. The only one I find likely at all is Inkling, but even then, the inkling has some stiff competition from most of the veterans (Wolf, Pichu, etc.) and more popular characters (King K. Rool, Issac, Bandana Dee, etc.).

I don't like any of the three though, so I'm not upset. Not that I'm against them being in Smash (Shovel Knight is the only character I'm against being in Smash).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
A. Waluigi is the fan-favorite of the Mario sports titles, and Geno is a very popular character (Even if he won't be in Smash).
B. The only one I find likely at all is Inkling, but even then, the inkling has some stiff competition from most of the veterans (Wolf, Pichu, etc.) and more popular characters (King K. Rool, Issac, Bandana Dee, etc.).

I don't like any of the three though, so I'm not upset. Not that I'm against them being in Smash (Shovel Knight is the only character I'm against being in Smash).
I am definitely not against the return of veterans(specifically Solid Snake) and some top voted characters, the only ones that I am against to being in Smash are Shovel Knight and Shantae, sure SK, got an amiibo and Shantae has history going to her, but is it really necessary to overrate them like they have been? I know some of us Daisy fans overrate Daisy (Michaellol I am looking at you) but still.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I am definitely not against the return of veterans(specifically Solid Snake) and some top voted characters, the only ones that I am against to being in Smash are Shovel Knight and Shantae, sure SK, got an amiibo and Shantae has history going to her, but is it really necessary to overrate them like they have been? I know some of us Daisy fans overrate Daisy (Michaellol I am looking at you) but still.
I agree with you so much right now. I wish I could like your post multiple times!

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I agree with you so much right now. I wish I could like your post multiple times!
No worries, I liked it for ya!

I really don't get the hype about Shovel Knight, though. He's an indie character, is he not? And as for having him in Smash, I'm really not feeling it, to tell you the truth; I don't know, maybe because I've never played Shovel Knight, I guess.

I'm in favor of Inkling being in Smash, though. More than Shovel Knight, but less than Daisy.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well NOW we know why Daisy hasn't been Smashified yet...

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Well NOW we know why Daisy hasn't been Smashified yet...

My question to them: Why NOT Daisy??

But seriously, the best way to shut us Daisy fans up is to just knock her out and get her over with. There's an old saying: The best way out is always through. I live by those words at times, and there has NEVER been any negative repercussions because of it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
SEAN is probably another one of them there Redditers. He's worried about the team's reputation to the point of asking US why we want such a controversial character to be Smashified. Yet he was perfectly fine with doing an original fan character (do not steal) just as a half hearted excuse to do Mother content. I mean talk about some serious double standards. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
SEAN is probably another one of them there Redditers. He's worried about the team's reputation to the point of asking US why we want such a controversial character to be Smashified. Yet he was perfectly fine with doing an original fan character (do not steal) just as a half hearted excuse to do Mother content. I mean talk about some serious double standards. :rolleyes:
He did Travis as a gift for the makers of Mother 4.

But really, Daisy isn't nearly as popular as other characters that are front runners (Bandana Dee comes to mind). On Smashified videos, I don't see requests for Daisy, I see requests for other characters like the dee and other characters I don't care about (Most of the characters I want as DLC are veterans).

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
He did Travis as a gift for the makers of Mother 4.

But really, Daisy isn't nearly as popular as other characters that are front runners (Bandana Dee comes to mind). On Smashified videos, I don't see requests for Daisy, I see requests for other characters like the dee and other characters I don't care about (Most of the characters I want as DLC are veterans).
You're right unfortunately. But my question is why do people hate Daisy?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Because she hasn't made a major appearance since Super Mario Land. People don't think she deserves to be in an all-stars fighting game, which is valid to an extent.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find her to be very annoying. "Hi, I'm Daisy!" and her voice in Mario Kart DS stand out to me.

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Because she hasn't made a major appearance since Super Mario Land. People don't think she deserves to be in an all-stars fighting game, which is valid to an extent.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find her to be very annoying. "Hi, I'm Daisy!" and her voice in Mario Kart DS stand out to me.
I feel like Nintendo is neglecting her. She's basically being replaced by Rosalina, how she's in all the spinoffs as well as having her own Mario game and being in smash. But Daisy has nothing, hopefully there's a Year of Daisy. Or maybe they could put her in a Mario game. Just something to bring her back.

Also, It's not just you i've heard many people say her voice is annoying.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I mentioned this before about that quote, too bad it's only on one game, but that one line made her "annoying" for everyone that doesn't care much about her now, something that's not really a detriment from her in the first place. It's not her fault Nintendo sucks at using one quote as a taunt all the damn time, instead of making more lines for variety sake, that quote is just annoying because people had to spam it so much.

Really, the "annoying" factor about Daisy is just how people make of her, because they don't see her more from her good qualities than her "bad" which when one being that line being the most of her hate apparently, it's all their fault for taking something out of proportion.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I mentioned this before about that quote, too bad it's only on one game, but that one line made her "annoying" for everyone that doesn't care much about her now, something that's not really a detriment from her in the first place. It's not her fault Nintendo sucks at using one quote as a taunt all the damn time, instead of making more lines for variety sake, that quote is just annoying because people had to spam it so much.

Really, the "annoying" factor about Daisy is just how people make of her, because they don't see her more from her good qualities than her "bad" which when one being that line being the most of her hate apparently, it's all their fault for taking something out of proportion.
Her personality outside of the quote is just as annoying for me as her quotes.

I think Nintendo wanted us to be annoyed.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Her personality outside of the quote is just as annoying for me as her quotes.
To each their own. A lot of people like girls that aren't the "girly, damsel type" much like myself, I like girls with attitude, spunky, and more active personalities, and Daisy is one of them. I really get how most others feel about her, it seems more people don't really like the "tomboy" girls, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that's something people don't seem to like about Daisy from what I've seen. But it's what makes her stand out from the likes of Peach and even Rosie, cuz despite me liking Rosie's motherly nature, I still find Daisy a much "attractive "character by design and character, cuz she's just not your "ordinary princess". Something I wish was more the cause in females sometimes, and something I wish people saw in Daisy other than memes and over exaggeration to that quote and her voice direction.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I'll tell you what I think:

1. Because she hasn't made a major appearance since Super Mario Land.
2. Because she is a female character.
There has always had more criticism of the female character that the male character in these cases, you have the proof that they want to Waluigi, but not Daisy.
3. Nintendo laughs of character, also seems that Miyamoto doesn't like Daisy, because she wasn't his creation (although there was a design change).
4. Because she is different from the typical princess in distress.
The people relate many times that if a character is a princess, the princess must be weak and sweet.

Although I've always said one thing, if there is bad reviews for Daisy is because of Nintendo and their treatment with Daisy.

For all this and more, Princess Daisy is my favorite female character from Nintendo.

#DAISYFORSMASH

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I think Daisy is divisive because unless you choose to play as her in the games that she's in, she can be avoided altogether, to the point that she's only a mere annoyance who happens to be best friends with Peach.....which also explains the clone thing.

Meanwhile, Mario and other characters like Peach and Rosalina are actually unavoidable, because the plot centers around them. Daisy has never been in a plot-centred game for 26 years, and thus, non-Daisy players often view her as slot filler who doesn't deserve to be an all-star.

But if you choose to main her, she's actually fairly prominent. People can decide to dominate with her on the racetrack, or to hit a home-run out of the park, or paintball in a world globe for example. Daisy's been doing it for years and most Nintendo characters would only dream of doing these. As the Daisy supporters play as her across many games, they might form an attachment of sorts to said character. This is actually reflected in Daisy's slow transition from Peach's duplicate to her own character.

Last edited:

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Man... I just has the weirdest string of dreams last night...

I think the ballots got a little too deep in my head, because I dreamed that Daisy was announced as one of the winners from the ballad along with Issac and Shantae. She had a sweet design of her in a Smash-styled dress, but also had a cool looking jacket that somehow complimented her color scheme very well and her gloves were a combination of her princess gloves and biker gloves. I... don't know where the jacket came from in my dream since I never gave that design any thought.

Anyway, she had a sweet moveset that used almost I hoped she would. She had the Super Ball, and not only threw it Olympian shot-put style but it still bounce like it did in Super Mario Land. The Crystal Smash was there, to where she could charge it up in the air or ground and strike down but it had a ton of cool down at full charge. She had a F throw where she punch her opponent in the gut, they fall in pain then she punts them like a football. A back throw where she leap frogs over her opponent then slaps them as they turn around, and a D throw where she hoists her opponent over her head with both arms and then throws them down. She could use her Kart that had to be perfectly with the start light for maximum power. And one cool scene where she used a a flower as a trampoline to launch herself over Peach --after she used her parasol -- in order to grab the ledge before she could.

There was more that happened here, but the rest is a bit fuzzy. Now for the weird part. After I saw the trailer in my dream, I woke up in the middle of the night. Like at around 3 or so in the morning. Went back to sleep in 15 minutes, and my second dream literally kicked off right after my first dream ended with me looking at the high res character art, screenshots and the reactions of others on the reveal.

When I woke up again, I ran to my computer to check and see what was up even with knowing that it was a dream the second time I woke up -- being well rested and alert. Talk about a weird shock, huh?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
yoshiunity yoshiunity - That actually sounds like the makings of a fun moveset! Your description is really good and clear, because I can clearly imagine it, too.

I really like it - your imagination must've been working overtime to come up with that. :laugh:

Top Bottom