• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
June 18th works for me. I still got some paid time off left at the job so I'll let 'em know early.

This a one day event?
I can confirm the date tomorrow but the 18th is probably the date. Dont request off till i give you the go-ahead. And yea it will be a one day event(singles/doubles and a side event im not sure which one yet) but if you wanna arrive a few days early you can get a chance to play lots of use houston people that way.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I can confirm the date tomorrow but the 18th is probably the date. Dont request off till i give you the go-ahead. And yea it will be a one day event(singles/doubles and a side event im not sure which one yet) but if you wanna arrive a few days early you can get a chance to play lots of use houston people that way.
Alright sounds good, I'll wait until you give the heads up. I'll see about coming a few days early but it depends on if I'll have to use any PTO before then. If anything, the default option will be me taking Friday off and heading down early that day. Either way I'll make sure I play everyone I can.

Oh by the way, how much money are we tossing at this battle of bras and panties? $50?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Oh by the way, how much money are we tossing at this battle of bras and panties? $50?
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIII

Yikes you are that confident? FRAAAAAAAAK! uuuuuuh ok lets do this!

as soon as i get the date nailed down, expect a hype thread. The trash talking will begin on that day!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIII

Yikes you are that confident? FRAAAAAAAAK! uuuuuuh ok lets do this!

as soon as i get the date nailed down, expect a hype thread. The trash talking will begin on that day!
Haha yes I am. :awesome:

And ok, I'll see you there!

Nicole

Smash Champion
kb i do not know what samuses you've been playing...
i hope you have money to throw around, good luck!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

Fifty dollars?!?!

You better win Beefums
But my money is still on xyro xD
Haha it's cool, I knew I'd be the underdog by a mile.

kb i do not know what samuses you've been playing...
i hope you have money to throw around, good luck!
None at all recently. :)
No worries, I've got the cash for it. Thanks for the luck Red!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
POPS can play a good Samus too, KB. If you do run into him, you should ask. I distinctly remember him defecating on people last year at a DU.

Sago is obvi a good choice. Good luck, man!
:phone:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
LOL @ that dash dance to Fair KO, so awesome!

You need more turnips, and a better pressure game. Otherwise, your tactics aren't bad, try making your Peach more fluid and don't focus so much on having "fancy" mindgames.
Agreed. I noticed this in your previous vids - a lot of your playstyle seems to revolve around very elaborate mindgames, half of which imo aren't very effective. What's the point of dancing about on the other side of the stage or doing what looks like a crippled Float if you don't gain anything from it? You could be using that time to pull up a Turnip for example. You seem to be glued to the ground a lot of the time but you hardly ever pull up Turnips to aid your ground game

I like how you don't always do what's 'obvious' but you sort of take it to the extreme lol. You end up missing out on opportunities and punishes you could have made because you are absolutely set out on doing the fancy mindgame that you planned to do. Make sure you have a back up plan and/or a follow up after the mindgame if you're going to go ahead with it. For the record I watched your vs Marth game aswell and you get hit by soooo much stuff you could have avoided. If you're going to try and mindgame the crap out of your opponent, make sure that what you do is safe and that you have a back up plan to get out of there if things don't go to plan!

A better pressure game like Gadiel said is a must though - it's good to be defensive but don't let people just walk all over you, you end getting boxed towards the ledge a lot of the time. Don't be a pushover - make them sweat every once in a while
You've got a lot better since I last saw vids of you, so keep it up :)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
A better pressure game like Gadiel said is a must though - it's good to be defensive but don't let people just walk all over you, you end getting boxed towards the ledge a lot of the time. Don't be a pushover - make them sweat every once in a while
You've got a lot better since I last saw vids of you, so keep it up :)
Daang, this is EXACTLY what I told him at HOBO 31.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Indeed, Peach has a top notch pressure game for a character with sub-par general mobility. Once you get inside on someone, including MK, grab them by the throat so to speak.

Save strict camping for if you attain a large lead to force approaches and mistakes. Otherwise, you're going to have to make up for lack of killpower by getting your opponent's damage up fast. Peach has a very strong boxing game to make up for her inability to juggle at higher percents, use it.

Turnips have their uses; escape, frame trapping, and edgeguarding should take precedence. They're so-so as a lead-in tool, but she's usually better off just boxing her opponent outright and finding a way inside through that method. If you pull a special pull (especially a stitch since it won't blow up in your face if you're fighting a projectile wielding character), hold onto it...make your opponent sweat it out a bit and have no clue when you're going to use it; if anything it'll serve as a method of baiting more spotdodges/airdodges and general silly evasive tactics to exploit with your other accessible moves.

Or, if you can collectively aggro your way in with some composure, that is certainly an option too.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ lol i mean i dont want him to underestimate xyro just cause he plays samus. i knew i was going to lose to him, that's why we didnt play for money D:
plus backhanded compliments/insults are kinda my specialty apparently...

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I wanna make a small topic on the amazing-ness of Nairs... especially OOS.

Seriously this destroys aggressive players and people that are panicking to catch up. Rack up the damage with one of Peaches' many 0 - 40 (or 50 or 60 or 70)% combos and then camp a little. then nair them out of shield all day till they bleed

Mwahaha

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ lol i mean i dont want him to underestimate xyro just cause he plays samus. i knew i was going to lose to him, that's why we didnt play for money D:
plus backhanded compliments/insults are kinda my specialty apparently...
I don't underestimate anyone, especially based on what character they play.

The **** talk I did was just to spice things up a bit. I know he's amazing, but I'm also confident that I can be even more amazing when I play him. That doesn't mean I believe I'm guaranteed to win, that would be foolish lol.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPJn2WNWGHU vs. Bunnyma :snake:

Latest vids of my Rosie, offline of course. This is one of the best Snakes we have in this state and I have to say playing with this guy was fun and intense. I've been practicing this month(wifi and offline) for BBC(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299413) since it'll be my first OoS tournament.

I could really use some critique and plus I don't think many of you know how I play(What attracts me most to Peach is her technical and reactionary play. I research and practice it all the time; frame information, hit/hurtboxes, sheild poking, turnips, etc.).

I have more matches against his two other brother who are also notable down here that'll put up tomorrow.

I'm also going to start MM'ing as, unfortunately prevalent in the smash community, that's the only way I'll be able to sit down the PR'd players for practice.

FL has a unique MM known as Manly MM'ing(which will yield a ****load of exp for me). I'll be putting videos of these next week.

enjoy~

:rosalina:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
How about these?
wow **** you, these are whobo 3. I didn't see you! maybe i talked to you and didn't know it but identify yourself! k ima edit a critique now ._.

edit: dun be careless in the air. just immediately get away or jump airdodge or float away or somethin' b/c ike's uair is stupid.

saw a couple greedy usmashes. if you do it as their landing if they avoid it then you get punished. i think it's better to try it when you anticipate a jump or somethin' b/c if you hit shield or if their on the rise from a jump and you whiff or whatev you can't rly get ***** for it.

a lot of times he waited for you to normal toss or forward glide toss and it paid off for him so be careful with your turnip game b/c a lot of things beat or avoid turnips so ya gotta mix it up or wait more. yah just wait haha.

oh also i you rolled away from situations where you could've *****. namely when ike jumps or double jumps and then you roll away from him. you know all he has left is an aerial or nothing or a airdodge so running behind and pivot grabbing or powershielding (coz he can't mix up the aerial timing anyway b/c it's ike's laggy ***) or reverse glide tossing his landing or whatever. idk, just don't fear him and punish his landings. i think you're just too scared of fair.

yah, that's 'bout it, pretty coo set.

edit 2: Twolink ima watch ur **** tomorrow or sumtin but I watched like 2-3 min. Ya got hit by like 5-6 nairs. You're not dumb, stop getting hit by it lol. just drop and shield, just retreat, toad, roll away, etc.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of liveliness in this thread. Raz does a great job, but it's too much for just one person and people usually want multiple perspectives. He's been the only one to critique me in the past. I thank him for that.

I was being serious in my post about wanting to improve for BBC. Oh well, I suppose I'll just study them on my own.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I was just about to say something regarding this thread.

I've been doing a terrible job updating - mainly because I don't know which videos people want put it. Should I just put them all up from now on?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Well I made sure to specify critique my post.

I think videos should be added when there's a general consensus among us that the video really exemplifies how to properly handle a MU.

Kinda like the best videos for char thread except this is with different match-ups.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
k ima finish this critique for 2link.

eh, try to be better about dealing w/ snake's dash atk. the invul on his shoulders is dumb. it makes baiting and bairing hard so just shield or dash atk him when you think he'll do it to you. it's also good to punish a lot of things like when he pulls nades or tilts your shield or whiffs.

also with landing forward glide tosses sometimes you shudn't get too cute w/ jab-grab. just finish the jab combo or just commit to the dash grab which is guaranteed at most percents. but yeah, just finish the jab sometimes, especially at higher percents where they aren't sent too far and you can follow up with a potential kill move. they might land on a plat or sumtin.

also ya mess up dair follow-ups a lot. practice it, watch the di and just practice and be better about it. usually stuff like dair to double nair or dair to uair to nair/utilt is tried and true.

hmm, try to mix-up when you threaten w/ fair more. you can do more than what you're doing although what you're doin' is pretty solid.

hmm, fsmash isn't very good vs snake either and unless he's in the air there's almost always a much much better option.

oh and if you're stuck at the ledge and you wanna get back one good way to do it is that if he's a decent distance away and is holding a nade to throw then a regular get-up or ledgehop would work. if they hold a nade they can't hit ya with anything but grab or nade anyway so ya won't die. attacking from the ledge would prob lead to an almost certain death though coz shield.

and just a thing i noticed is you follow up with aerial options a lot. you glide toss to aerial. you aerial to aerial , you jab to aerial and that's fine but that's also a little slow when you count in the jump. read the opponent and mix in tried and true and faster gayness such as jab or grab follow-ups.

and i guess one last thing is rollin' behind snake when he dthrows is terrible. he can tilt, dash atk, jab, etc. it gets bad unless he runs past you.

so ya, there.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Nuh-Uhhh!

So, I'm apparently fancy?
Well...sort of yes but that isn't always a good thing

You have good 'mix ups' but the problem is that you use them all the time. Stuff like quickly dropping your float, running back and forth, only doing Jab 1, randomly crouching, running up to your opponent and using Toad/grab, dropping down from your float to F Smash, airdodging past instead of attacking...it's good you can think up those things but they should be used sparingly, not as your core gameplay. Ironically, you hardly ever use your Float as a baiting tech because your Peach seems to be wearing brick shoes throughout your games

Sometimes, I feel that you're more hellbent on pulling out something 'technical' and 'confusing' rather than reading your opponent to get damage on them - a lot of the time, you do things twice if you don't get it to work the first time. I'm talking about the really, really unsafe stuff like running up to Ike and using Toad or dropping near him with Peach's poor airspeed and flimsy airdodge and trying grab him. You're constantly trying to pull off high risk things with a character that doesn't get much reward out of doing those things. Peach doesn't have the power or weight to make doing this worthwhile, nor does she have the speed to suddenly approach/escape as a mix up to throw the opponent off guard

Because you're so focused on doing your own thing, I don't feel scared watching your Peach. You don't force any pressure upon your opponent - you should be pressuring your opponent AND THEN installing some fancy stuff in afterwards because it's more likely to work against a pressured opponent

You need to do more 'standard' and 'basic' Peach stuff, like camping with Turnips and using them to cover your approaches (you run away a lot and like to be evasive but you need a Turnip to help cover yourself) and spacing aerials with a combination of Floating and jumping. Watch any other Peach and you'll notice that they all do this and they do it for a reason - because it works

I can't tell if it's because you're trying to mindgame your opponent or if it is just the case but your reaction time could do with a bit of work imo. Watching you, it looks like you're very slow to react to stuff and you get hit by stuff you could have avoided and miss out on punishment opportunities. This really doesn't help you if you're determined to have a confusing playstyle because you won't capitalize on the openings you make

Your defense needs some serious work - you hardly ever throw out any moves to protect yourself when you're running around. Part of what makes Peach great is that she has near lagless aerials and with good spacing they're difficult to punish. Abuse this more

Watch your game 2 vs Ike. Ignore the loss and watch the first part of the match. You dance around a lot and end up losing your first stock in just under a minute. The change in your playstyle is pretty dramatic - you start putting the pressure on Ike with the help of Turnips, well spaced Fairs and decent use of Jab/Dair and for the grand finale, you read Ike's airdodge and Bair him for the kill

I just feel that if you played more like that instead, you'd have a better Peach. You've got the mix ups down but I feel you're making a poor decision to not make your playstyle up with more of the basic stuff that makes up Peach's core gameplay

Like I said in my last post, I advocate people to not always (key word) do obvious/standard Peach stuff and incorporate mix ups into their playstyle but standard for a reason - it is tried and tested and works

As far as general MU stuff goes, camp with Turnips more and Toad Ike when he Aethers, you missed out on a lot of chances to do this and instead got caught up in Aether and got forced onto the ledge/offstage/in a bad position

That's my take on things anyway. I don't think your Peach is bad because you can do some good stuff and occasionally you do - you just choose not to in favour of
I look forward to seeing more vids of your Peach :)

Top Bottom