• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
2link couple things.

- stop hitting nades, find a better angle. hit around it. it just comes down to certain spacings and move choices.

- stop dash atk'ing shields. just do it to interrupt or punish. they tilt your shield, pull a nade, land, whiff something, run towards you etc. those are times where it caaaaan work.

- don't be so quick to get off the ledge. if anyone is near the ledge or approaches it then chances are they're looking to throw out an attack b/c your invincible wore off and they think you might get-up/ledge-hop/do something. be aware of that coz snake hits too hard.

- try fh turnip throw more. if you decide to float you can get a better angle on snake. it's just a thing i like to do that works b/c his jump is slow.

- watch c4 lmao duh xD

edit:

kyon:

- too much dj bair vs grounded mk. he's short so if u space to hit the shield it's an easy shield grab, it's not like doing it to taller characters.

- on his shield too much in the beginning.

- weird responses to air camping. you just gotta kinda creep in and pressure his landing as he wastes his jumps. what would happen a lot of the time is that you would put yourself at a float and then he'd nado. if ur gonna go after him in the air then do it quick. uair, nair, etc.

- you'd get caught offguard and try to do stuff while he's already approaching. he runs up, you're already trying to fair, or double jump. you'd just get caught in vulnerable positions so idk just be wary of it.

i guess that's all n stuff ;O

OverLade

Smash Hero
Me vs my apprentice, Lies in a local tournament match. I normally beat his Wario with Peach but after ZP he got a chance to practice with 2link and Kyon and he managed to clutch me. Also, PnT TVs have a few frames of input delay which made it a tad harder to play safe. Any advice, mostly on combos I can use or moves I can use to repel wario better are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-i5Q-8KA0&feature=channel_video_title

I moved off Peach after game 1, he adapts incredibly fast so I'm sure he would have beaten me game 2 given my lack of peach knowledge...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Me vs my apprentice, Lies in a local tournament match. I normally beat his Wario with Peach but after ZP he got a chance to practice with 2link and Kyon and he managed to clutch me. Also, PnT TVs have a few frames of input delay which made it a tad harder to play safe. Any advice, mostly on combos I can use or moves I can use to repel wario better are appreciated. I had a huge problem as far as knowing how to approach the kill. I kept trying to land fairs instead of using grab releases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-i5Q-8KA0&feature=channel_video_title

I moved off Peach after game 1, he adapts incredibly fast so I'm sure he would have beaten me game 2 given my lack of peach knowledge...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
he's usually kinda grounded or low to the ground (short hops) so you could've really abused his life with float dair. if people let you do it then **** it, just **** them.

u can also just react to his bull**** w/ fh nair or quick bairs n stuff but I think nair is key. wario can't really do much. wario's that are really good at clap are ****ing annoying though.

instead of the fair and roll spam you don't need to be afraid when ya got nair and pivot grab so yeah, you can basically just stand there or walk up as wario takes the skies and just react as he's landing. peach's pivot grab is slow but it's still rly good, it's gonna work no doubt.

you're pretty tentative about stuff as evidenced by your frequent shielding. relax, try stuff, don't give up on your frametraps n stuff.

hmm...and if the sv plat comes during grab release then u can prob just utilt or nair or sumtin.

Nicole

Smash Champion
kyon idk if you want a critique on the halberd matches or not, but i will say that it looks like you just really dont know when you can and cant hit mk. sometimes you go for way too much and other times you run from him when you dont have to. you end up floating at the wrong time in the wrong place, fairing into his moves, etc etc. i guess the best way to solve that is just to keep playing the Mu over and over and really focus on punishing him. you'll learn what you can and cant do and when you can hit him.

i'll give you more in-depth advice if you like, but if you dont want it then i'll shut up D:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I really like the videos Ill...

The small I things I would note to tighten you up even more and punish even more:
- A couple of times in video one you dair against his shield then drop an aerial and he punishes with a grab. This happens to me a lot as well. We might want to start advancing the flaot dairs to end with an aerial BEHIND THEIR SHIELD so they can't punish with grab. Then we could shield or spotdodge or buffer turnaround jab or something. It gets you grabbed a little bit.

- Wolf has a habit of knocking opponents to the floor suddenly before our brain registers to tech the drop. A bad habit of yours is you roll towards wolf everytime you miss the tech. I think more seasoned wolfs would start grabbing you, or worse start dsmashing/utilting -> combo for massive damage. Watch that

- At 1:16 in video one you have a nice ground floated nair at the edge, and then you punish him by getting up slow off the ledge and grabbing. I've seen this in your vids versus Nike's marth but you seem to refuse to use the LIFT technique (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcma8HUnpv4). This will tighten your already solid game because you'll be able to keep your enemies off the ledge or at least get up faster. Small example is here at 1:47 and in more frequent matches coming off the ledge with nair to push them back off the ledge. You could even LIFT and dair into uair string or LIFT directly into Uair string

- I would assume these are friendlies, cause in video three you missed a pretty easy edge grab when wolf spot dodges off the stage. With such a tough time Peach generally has KOing wolf, we need as many free gimps as possible.

Other than that, amazing stuff. Especially the KO at 00:55 in video one and I love your consistent attempts at uair string. I'm starting to wreck Dedede and other characters with it, including a wolf friendly I had the other night.

I also really liked your choice at the end of video one. Normally I follow air dodges with a falling nair - the long duration usually hits them with a weak hit and I have to find a KO some other way. Instead you spaced that fair really cool in order to bring out the surprise ftilt. I might try that

Doin' work like we kno

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
So I'm starting to see that my Wolf is making some crazy advancements, and apparently I play against the Peach matchup well with him. Been doing ok vs some peaches in general, and fought Kyle comfortably in some friendlies despite him being mad good in general (/heart). Bout to give my boy Illmatic some of dat HA WOO! When I mm him. :)

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I really like the videos Ill...

The small I things I would note to tighten you up even more and punish even more:
- A couple of times in video one you dair against his shield then drop an aerial and he punishes with a grab. This happens to me a lot as well. We might want to start advancing the flaot dairs to end with an aerial BEHIND THEIR SHIELD so they can't punish with grab. Then we could shield or spotdodge or buffer turnaround jab or something. It gets you grabbed a little bit.

- Wolf has a habit of knocking opponents to the floor suddenly before our brain registers to tech the drop. A bad habit of yours is you roll towards wolf everytime you miss the tech. I think more seasoned wolfs would start grabbing you, or worse start dsmashing/utilting -> combo for massive damage. Watch that

- At 1:16 in video one you have a nice ground floated nair at the edge, and then you punish him by getting up slow off the ledge and grabbing. I've seen this in your vids versus Nike's marth but you seem to refuse to use the LIFT technique (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcma8HUnpv4). This will tighten your already solid game because you'll be able to keep your enemies off the ledge or at least get up faster. Small example is here at 1:47 and in more frequent matches coming off the ledge with nair to push them back off the ledge. You could even LIFT and dair into uair string or LIFT directly into Uair string

- I would assume these are friendlies, cause in video three you missed a pretty easy edge grab when wolf spot dodges off the stage. With such a tough time Peach generally has KOing wolf, we need as many free gimps as possible.

Other than that, amazing stuff. Especially the KO at 00:55 in video one and I love your consistent attempts at uair string. I'm starting to wreck Dedede and other characters with it, including a wolf friendly I had the other night.

I also really liked your choice at the end of video one. Normally I follow air dodges with a falling nair - the long duration usually hits them with a weak hit and I have to find a KO some other way. Instead you spaced that fair really cool in order to bring out the surprise ftilt. I might try that

Doin' work like we kno
Reallyyyy good tips especially the dair stuff on shield. I was talking to Vinnie about this yesterday how it's REALLY good in this game falling behind a player so they can't shield grab you during our MK dittos.

I also like how you think outside of the box with Peach. That L.I.F.T stuff looks useful and I'll definitely look into it.

Sorry I didn't get in any uair strings on these matches, I only tried it once or twice but I didn't have any dice. You are right, these were friendlies.

I'm also glad you noticed some of my little tricks... like the Fair -> Ftilt.

Thanks for critique / advice! It's always appreciated.

So I'm starting to see that my Wolf is making some crazy advancements, and apparently I play against the Peach matchup well with him. Been doing ok vs some peaches in general, and fought Kyle comfortably in some friendlies despite him being mad good in general (/heart). Bout to give my boy Illmatic some of dat HA WOO! When I mm him. :)

LOOOOOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YNg3cA2XHY#t=29m56s

SUPER LAZAAA THAT *****

**** YOU!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion

Wolf does well against Peach, I think it might be slightly in his favor. Also, playing Peach helps you understand the matchup from her perspective too!! Lol

I was salty when I lost to your Wolf the first match, but I adapted and got revenge:

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Starkiller KB :wolf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcGZ9vdUkI

<3 <3 <3

Wifail for the lose

Edit:

Here is another Wifail match of me vs. Paw's ZSS. I learned that I hate this matchup/suck at it when I went to WHOBO 3. Got some matchup experience though playing Shlike, Bio, and Dakpo.

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Paw :zerosuitsamus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxJ_IDhY_Y

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Good matches; you know what you're doing vs G&W, but there's some room for improvement.

You need to play safer when you're above 70%, and you need to punish dair on shield with jab on reaction (buffered turnaround jab if he dairs the back of your shield)- it's guaranteed, free damage, and puts him in an uncomfortable position.

Examples: 0:17, free jab. 1:29, free jab.

Also, at 0:19 you do a fullhop fair. You have to be careful about chasing G&W in the air. You're solid on the ground; he can't approach you well, you've got better pokes and faster moves (dash attack is wonderful, btw). When you chase G&W in to the air, his moves have better priority, and in most cases range; and Peach's poor fall speed and inability to airdodge leaves you with few options to get out of the way. Stay grounded. After your fair missed, you seemed to keep chasing him in the air, which was dangerous.

I like the dash attack usage.

Less chasing, more jabbing, play safer over 70.

Oh yeah, the edgeguarding tricks for G&W.

Black is your opponent's planned recovery path. He's going to drop down and then either jump or up-B with invincibility to the ledge.

If you edgehog his jump, he will perform an aerial, forcing you to climb the ledge to avoid being hit, and then drop back to that position and up-B as you climb. This is exactly what happened in the match.

If you glide tossed the turnip you were holding to match the white line, he'd be forced to jump to avoid the collision. He could go for the ledge from this position, but he won't because you'll be standing on the ledge and you'll just f-air his face since he's coming from the side.

So, he'll jump to avoid the turnip, drop down to the lower position, and up-B to the ledge. Except, this time, you can edgehog it.

He'll still pass through you and make it on the ledge, barely- but Mr. Game & Watch stalls at the peak of his up-B. The moment he passes through you as you're in the invincible ledge-grab-animation, release the ledge, jump, and nair all at once. You'll hit him as he stalls at the peak of his up-B; it's a free hit.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
frak gdubz, i have to camp him and i have to let possible grabs or dash atks go.

like if he bair's the back of my shield it's not even worth it to go get him, it's so lame >_<

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I despise GnW...

Btw Illmatic, another more clear example of L.I.F.T.ing helping edge guard (again it's on a CPU but it's the concept). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMa9M143rLw It happens at 00:22, but the video is so short you can watch the whole thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcGZ9vdUkI

vs. KB I use L.I.F.T. to edgeguard Wolf.

I use nair as I'm passing through him to send him back off the stage. It's a pretty good mixup and can mess with people's DI

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
L.I.F.T. is a terrible name. Can it please be called float-land, or can we please get rid of the acronym and just call it "lift?"

I use "we" even though I just got back into the scene. Hope that doesn't bother anyone.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
The move has been around for a while, but this is the first time I had ever seen that acronym used.

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
Hello fellow Peach mains. I introduced myself a few weeks (then disappeared) but here I am, with vids this time! I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could take a look and critique some of these. I've went through and put any glaring faults that I noticed.

Vs. Iblis (Fox)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmR54NqFYbw
@0:50 THE FEAR!!!
@1:05 took too long to get back, retreated for no reason.
@4:04 missed autocancel cost me my last stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdfyEbPmaI
@1:53 I feel like an OOs bair or nair would have been a better choice
@3:00 probably completely unnecessary, but SD kills are the best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25GA6fHMFA0
@1:08 neutral air would have been a better idea
@4:05 I don't even know what I was thinking.

Vs. Big Lou (Diddy&MK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrYuNrg5KOU (MK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtP5wOsrEAs (Diddy)
@2:57 oops...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4DH0abpH2c (Diddy)
@2:05 I totally planned that...yeah

Overall: I feel like as a player I like to be in the air too much. I got punished multiple times throughout all the matches for jumping at bad times. My spacing needs some work and I need to autocancel all the time, instead of most. I still roll a bit more than necessary, and spotdodge a bit much.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh, Hero I have your game with GDX recorded finally xD. I'll be putting it up later for you. Sorry for taking so long with it. I've actually been spending today catching up on two tournaments worth of videos.

I'll be putting up a bunch matches of me later after you guys get done with Hero.

:rosalina:

Top Bottom