• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
Oh, Hero I have your game with GDX recorded finally xD. I'll be putting it up later for you. Sorry for taking so long with it. I've actually been spending today catching up on two tournaments worth of videos.

I'll be putting up a bunch matches of me later after you guys get done with Hero.

:rosalina:
Awesome! Thanks for doing that. I figured you'd been pretty busy anyways, so no problem at all.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well Hero it seems like you're building your Peach nicely and actually realize your faults. I enjoyed the battles. ^_~

I wish I could post some of my few Peach matches, but I never have anyone to play against and no way to record my replays. Sad, indeed.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Nice videos Hero, one of the matches of you vs BigLou was pretty nice.

I performed extremely well at a tournament this past Saturday and beat Gnes' Snake, Jerm's Toon Link, and took Razer's Snake to last hit game 5.

My friend said the videos would be uploaded today, but he's probably busy.

Hopefully they are up tonight.

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
Well Hero it seems like you're building your Peach nicely and actually realize your faults. I enjoyed the battles. ^_~

I wish I could post some of my few Peach matches, but I never have anyone to play against and no way to record my replays. Sad, indeed.
Thanks! Sorry to hear that you're in such a predicament though :urg:

Nice videos Hero, one of the matches of you vs BigLou was pretty nice.

I performed extremely well at a tournament this past Saturday and beat Gnes' Snake, Jerm's Toon Link, and took Razer's Snake to last hit game 5.

My friend said the videos would be uploaded today, but he's probably busy.

Hopefully they are up tonight.
Thanks! I felt like that last match, I had finally become aware of the mistakes I'd been making against him.

Good job Illmatic, I'd definitely like to see those!

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Can't wait for those videos to be up, Ill. I really thought you had Razer at that tourney.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hero~ u just get scared n stuff. you preemptively shield a lot of the time when he jumps and that's no good. u can pressure him. he gets close u can nair or w/e and i would like to c more random pivot grabs on his landings n stuff. mix it up, control the center of the stage and you'll be on easy street (or however that saying goes) n stuff.

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
hero~ u just get scared n stuff. you preemptively shield a lot of the time when he jumps and that's no good. u can pressure him. he gets close u can nair or w/e and i would like to c more random pivot grabs on his landings n stuff. mix it up, control the center of the stage and you'll be on easy street (or however that saying goes) n stuff.
Thanks Razmakazi! I definitely noticed that I could've done a lot more nairs and will try to improve my mix ups.

z00ted

I don't even update it.

People don't tell me what they want on the front page ;(

Nicole

Smash Champion
^
2 huge things i noticed.

- when you're in the air, you'll do one of two moves. you'll fair or you'll bair. every time you bair when he is on the ground you get punished, because that move isn't safe on shield. you were more successful with fair, however it is slow and you did get tornado'd for it a few times. you need to use all your aerials when he's in the air with you. you also got faired alot and if you retreated your fair instead of going into him with it you would've been fine and you would've hit him out of his. also, you should use SH dair. it's great for punishing him when he runs in (which he does alot). if you SH dair to float nair you can usually catch him when he runs in, because he either wont expect the dair or he'll not have run in, expect to punish the dair, and get hit with nair. dont do this continually. but anytime he runs in on the ground you should be punishing that. you can just dash attack him or jab him as well.

- the other thing is that you're way too grounded. i know people say to stay grounded vs. mk but you'll never win like that because he isn't vulnerable on the ground and peach's ground game isn't good enough. i'm not saying dont use her ground game but all he has to do is run up and shield. her grab is trash so she can't threaten him with that unless he stupidly gets that close (which he doenst have to do). once he runs up and shields the ftit, jab, whiffed grab, fsmash, turnip, he's in close enough range to do a shuttle loop and it will hit you regardless of whether it looks like it should or not because mk is ******** and so were the programmers of this game. anyways, when he's in the air (in front of you or above you) you can actually hit him. he has no shield and will be trying to hit you with a move cause he thinks he can. this is the part where you do some retreating aerials (esp. fair). you can outspace everything he does in the air and there's nothing he can do about it. if you bring turnips along with you it makes combating him even better.

your defense game is fine, but your offense game (against mk anyway) could use some tweaking. hope that helps!

Nicole

Smash Champion
np 2link, the only reason i dont do more critiques is because people dont outright ask for them. also i may not know the matchup well and i dont want to say dumb stuff. but against mk i can almost always find something to say if people ask with conviction.

also i only say things that people do wrong and alot of times idk if that would offend. i just dont see the need of pointing out good things, cause you all probably already realize what you do well, cause you dont get punished for doing it.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
^
2 huge things i noticed.

- the other thing is that you're way too grounded. i know people say to stay grounded vs. mk but you'll never win like that because he isn't vulnerable on the ground and peach's ground game isn't good enough. i'm not saying dont use her ground game but all he has to do is run up and shield. her grab is trash so she can't threaten him with that unless he stupidly gets that close (which he doenst have to do). once he runs up and shields the ftit, jab, whiffed grab, fsmash, turnip, he's in close enough range to do a shuttle loop and it will hit you regardless of whether it looks like it should or not because mk is ******** and so were the programmers of this game. anyways, when he's in the air (in front of you or above you) you can actually hit him. he has no shield and will be trying to hit you with a move cause he thinks he can. this is the part where you do some retreating aerials (esp. fair). you can outspace everything he does in the air and there's nothing he can do about it. if you bring turnips along with you it makes combating him even better.

your defense game is fine, but your offense game (against mk anyway) could use some tweaking. hope that helps!
This made me laugh. I like the critiques haha

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i remember putting a set i had vs redhalberd in nicole's critique thread and i didn't get ****. =(

i don't need it anymore though.

anyway 2link here's some of what I see:

- if he dtilt's your shield then you can jab oos but you never did that. u tried to go over it and then he kept hitting u.

- you kind of corner yourself sometimes.

- you don't use forward glide toss or dash attack properly for the most part. you do it when he just stands there. it's better to do it as people land or after you make people whiff or their lag, etc. so they can't just hit their one frame shield.

- ya get a little hasty to land on stage sometimes so then you get baited into stupid **** (like seibrik letting you land near the edge on lylat and then spacing dsmash). go for the edge!

kay thatz it i think.

z00ted

i don't know.

I have like $140 right now, after HOBO 32 and another month of work I will have more than enough.

Parents though.

Top Bottom