• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Shimazu, you never answered my question as to why you weren't a Master yet...
Well. (I didn't see it, sorry)

A) I don't know how to become one.

B) When it comes to battling, I'm pretty poor. (Wave is supposed to help me, and I'm ready whenever you are, sorry for all the delays <,<)

C) A+B

I almost considered getting Premium to be called "Pokemon Breeding Expert", but I'm retired until B/W comes out. I came to the conclusion making teams/IVs when a huge metagame shift is due is very irrational. Though I still need to beat SS, it's suprising to learn I've played Platnium/SS nearly every other day since... last September when my gf came down. So.. I'm on Hiatus for a bit on that SS Trainer Card >_>. (None of this has to do with your question)

Also, beginning to think PS2 can't run high def lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well.

A) I don't know how to become one.

B) When it comes to battling, I'm pretty poor. (Wave is supposed to help me, and I'm ready whenever you are, sorry for all the delays <,<)

C) A+B

I almost considered getting Premium to be called "Pokemon Breeding Expert", but I'm retired until B/W comes out. I came to the conclusion making teams/IVs when a huge metagame shift is due is very irrational. Though I still need to beat SS, it's suprising to learn I've played Platnium/SS nearly every other day since... last September when my gf came down. So.. I'm on Hiatus for a bit on that SS Trainer Card >_>. (None of this has to do with your question)
A) go to user CP, look at group memberships, check the circle for pokemon master, press join. If they ask a reason for joining, I think you're more than qualified for the position
B) Right now the requirements are to be a regular and nothing else
C) A+B
D) ???
E) Profit

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's done. Who know it was that easy, lol. I can't find HDMI cables for Ps2 on Ebay or stores. I wonder if PS3 will work... hmm... xD

UberMario

Smash Master
Man, Pokemon is serious business.

I could never play the series as technically as you guys. :(

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Why isn't Tery considered a Pokemon Master anymore?
He's still a Pokémon Master, he just changed what User Group he's identified as being a part of. You can change it in your User CP.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait, what do you need to redeem yourself from? From what you deserve the title or something? Because if so, you and your numerous projects say otherwise
I haven't pulled my weight as part of the PokeCenter. I've let too many projects fall through. Upon redemption I'll proudly say that I am a Pokemon Master, a respected contributor of the PokeCenter.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I haven't pulled my weight as part of the PokeCenter. I've let too many projects fall through. Upon redemption I'll proudly say that I am a Pokemon Master, a respected contributor of the PokeCenter.
Hmmmmm... I see

Well I wish you luck with that then

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
No, that's the community's fault. You can't possibly be expected to uphold a dozen or so different projects all by yourself.

Mewter

Smash Master
Come on Terywj, put that title back on! Lighten up! :)

In the end, it's just a small Pokemon sub-forum in a video game forum on the internet.

Mewter

Smash Master
You've earned the title just as much as anyone else who's posted here has. :laugh:

But whatever floats your boat!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just played Dark Cloud for nearly 2 hours, forgot to save, and my Shamshir+4 broke. There goes a lot of effort down the pooper. When will I learn...

M.K

Level 55
No, that's the community's fault. You can't possibly be expected to uphold a dozen or so different projects all by yourself.
Wow that's pretty rude.
No, it's not our fault. He shouldn't be running a dozen projects at once. Anybody that's been through preschool or advanced through the diaper stage can tell you that running too many things at once will cause your entire scaffolding to crumble.
If you want it in logical terms, there is a psychological term called "selective attention" theory that states that an individual can never put 100% of their effort into any one of many simultaneous tasks.

Maybe if you ran less projects with more commitment, less fluff, and more heart, Tery, you would find it easier to manage and therefore produce better results.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I do.

Also.
I use Safari. I like it.

EDIT: Terywj shouldn't be quite so hard on himself. I haven't done a single project, and I haven't done a single ****ing project.

I know there's a bit of a difference, but still.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hold on. When was I complaining about the quality of the results of the projects? Battle Of The Week is working out great, as is the PokeCenter Spriting Contests, etc. By my fall I mean that I'm discouraged from the way I ran some projects, not the results which came from them.
In doing so, I have not become a respected contributor, so I'm not selecting the title at the moment.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Wow that's pretty rude.
No, it's not our fault. He shouldn't be running a dozen projects at once. Anybody that's been through preschool or advanced through the diaper stage can tell you that running too many things at once will cause your entire scaffolding to crumble.
If you want it in logical terms, there is a psychological term called "selective attention" theory that states that an individual can never put 100% of their effort into any one of many simultaneous tasks.
Considering that I myself am part of the community I see no reason why I can't shouldn't say that.

Tery's projects were pretty much approved BY US each time he thought of one and posted his ideas in the Snorlax Room. He did not just simply randomly create them on a whim without ever mentioning it. By that reckoning, we are hardly completely blameless. Tery started those threads for us, so by rights we should do our part in upholding it and keeping them popular. Some still go on, like the BotW, but others like the Interview thread have pretty much fallen into disuse because we lost interest in it. Where is our 'support' now?

And even if Tery can't put 100% effort into everything, split between the community members it's less of an issue.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
At least he is modest. Where I come from people usually just take credit and say what they do, not what they don't do. I liked the Pokemon Center Interview project personally =P.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I actually wanted you to get interviewed, Roach. >_> For various reasons I'll keep to myself haha.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just played Dark Cloud for nearly 2 hours, forgot to save, and my Shamshir+4 broke. There goes a lot of effort down the pooper. When will I learn...
Always repair your weapons at 10WHP, also save every 2-3 levels of a dungeon. I did 20 levels once and forgot to save when I brok a weapon on a boss.

M.K

Level 55
Considering that I myself am part of the community I see no reason why I can't shouldn't say that.

Tery's projects were pretty much approved BY US each time he thought of one and posted his ideas in the Snorlax Room. He did not just simply randomly create them on a whim without ever mentioning it. By that reckoning, we are hardly completely blameless. Tery started those threads for us, so by rights we should do our part in upholding it and keeping them popular. Some still go on, like the BotW, but others like the Interview thread have pretty much fallen into disuse because we lost interest in it. Where is our 'support' now?

And even if Tery can't put 100% effort into everything, split between the community members it's less of an issue.
I'm not stranger to projects, I was a part of the most successful and long running project in this entire board, so you don't have to school me about "approval" and "responsibility".
If the community doesn't uphold something, then let it die. There is obviously no demand for it, and you don't have to keep shoving it down our throats to tell us that we aren't supporting something that isn't keeping our interests.
There are too many projects to handle and you're glorifying Tery as if he's helping us in some way when that's debatable at the kindest.
Stop utilizing a "false consensus effect" to claim that you yourself know the feelings of the community. It's funny, because while you're a part of said community, it doesn't give you the right to demean the other parts. That's like a basketball player telling the media that his team sucks, but you know, that's okay because he's a part of that team too!!! Right?
No.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If the community doesn't uphold something, then let it die. There is obviously no demand for it, and you don't have to keep shoving it down our throats to tell us that we aren't supporting something that isn't keeping our interests.
I never restarted a project without asking for permission. In fact my PokeCenter PokeDex thread idea was approved by Firus, so I'm not just shoving it down your throats, as you shared.
CCAT? Interviews? They're dead, and have I done anything to revive them? No. Because it's as you said. If the community no longer wishes to partake in the project, then the thread should no longer be used, which is what I did.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Or Fish (Xaio) I've read a lot of people hate on her, but I love her. Ranged Attack is so for the win.
The reason many people hate on her is because compared to the other two ranged attackers you will get, it would be like throwing a bulbasaur in with the ubers tier.

M.K

Level 55
I never restarted a project without asking for permission. In fact my PokeCenter PokeDex thread idea was approved by Firus, so I'm not just shoving it down your throats, as you shared.
CCAT? Interviews? They're dead, and have I done anything to revive them? No. Because it's as you said. If the community no longer wishes to partake in the project, then the thread should no longer be used, which is what I did.
Then it should be a lesson to you. They died for a reason, and the answer to your problem is to not start as many projects as you have done, because they fail without the proper community support.
You created the PokeCenter PokeDex LONG before Firus was even a moderator.

04-14-2010
Yeah, Firus became a mod 3 days ago. His approval meant nothing back then.
This should all just be a testament to your mistakes. I hope you finally learn something from them.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Then it should be a lesson to you. They died for a reason, and the answer to your problem is to not start as many projects as you have done, because they fail without the proper community support.
You created the PokeCenter PokeDex LONG before Firus was even a moderator.

"4-14-10"

Yeah, Firus became a mod 3 days ago. His approval meant nothing back then.
This should all just be a testament to your mistakes. I hope you finally learn something from them.
You were complaining about how I should let some of the projects I started die off when the community didn't partake interest in them anymore, which is exactly what I did. Where has your argument gone? I don't understand what you were trying to mean. I apologize if my English is off.

Meta-Kirby, if you actually followed this thread you would know what pages back I asked if the community would like to rennovate the thread into a "History of the PokeCenter" thread, so when people said yes I decided to ask Firus. If you truly don't believe me you can check the Visitor Messages Firus and I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom