• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
It's the Sonic Syndrome. You start off cartoony, round, and cute(ish), then you grow and slim up into this "cooler" design. I miss the original Pikachu design.
the original pikachu design made more sense, it resembled what it was supposed to be. Now its a yellow humanoid with ears and a tail

UberMario

Smash Master
Haunter lost a finger on each hand, Koffing got his body skull moved from his head to his belly, and Ponyta originally had fire all-the-way along it's legs and even a firey muzzle.

Mewter

Smash Master
I really like Pikachu's design here:

Notice how over time the head is growing steadily more distinct from the body. Soon he'll look like a giraffe.
He's slowly becoming anthropomorphic.

Golbat's wings also changed. :\

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Rexlax
Type: Normal / Dark
Ability: Thick Fat / Gluttony
Base Stats: 170 / 130 / 75 / 65 / 75 / 25
Movepool Additions: Explosion, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Rage, Gastro Acid, Blaze Kick, Mega Punch, Mega Kick

Sweep All To End All
Rexlax @ Leftovers
Thick Fat / Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp Def
~ Curse
~ Crunch
~ Return
~ Explosion / Earthquake / Fire Punch
I think The Rexlax Room would be more hilarious.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Haunter lost a finger on each hand, Koffing got his body skull moved from his head to his belly, and Ponyta originally had fire all-the-way along it's legs and even a firey muzzle.
I just realized that the direction in which Cloyster's shell closes switched also. It used to look more like Shelder but then it rotated.

UberMario

Smash Master

^1997

^2003

^2009

Pokemon Yellow came out in 1998, the artstyle for the game cover obviously was different from the anime's, as the anime Pikachu has looked virtually the same since episode 1.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The '97 art doesn't look the same to me. And the '09 art looks awful in comparison. It's not just pikachu, everything looks like garbage.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

The old Wigglytuff was by far the creppiest Pokemon design ever. Just looking at it freaked me out. Anyone ever notice how much weight Mewtwo has lost?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah man, the old art was the best

>_>
Is it sad if that sprite is probably my favorite of all the Venusaurs? It looks like it's trying to hide its Pokemon nature by being a miniature rainforest. Cute imo. I prefer the concept.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah that Wigglytuff is kind of creepy, especially with one eye bigger than the other.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The point is, he looked meaner back in the day. Melee was the peak of his cruelty D:. Now it's just like.. his HGSS pose makes it look like he is dancing to DDR or some crap.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I hate when someone talks about how good the old Pokémon art was and someone posts one of the weird Green sprites as if it disproves it.

Some of the first gen sprites did indeed look weird, but I like how they look. They have yet to top Dragonite's Red/Blue sprite, as it's the only one that actually makes him look intimidating. Pokémon felt a little less "cute" and more...real, sort of. I couldn't imagine a Venusaur of today existing, but I could imagine first gen Venusaur realistically existing, aside from the fact that I know it's a Pokémon and therefore doesn't.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I just finished watching the entire Avatar The Last Airbender series, and daaaaamn, I forgot how much it kicked ***.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I hate when someone talks about how good the old Pokémon art was and someone posts one of the weird Green sprites as if it disproves it.

Some of the first gen sprites did indeed look weird, but I like how they look. They have yet to top Dragonite's Red/Blue sprite, as it's the only one that actually makes him look intimidating. Pokémon felt a little less "cute" and more...real, sort of. I couldn't imagine a Venusaur of today existing, but I could imagine first gen Venusaur realistically existing, aside from the fact that I know it's a Pokémon and therefore doesn't.
Well, I never meant to diss them, I actually like the Wigglytuff. It's creepy, but I never said that's a bad thing?

So I just finished watching the entire Avatar The Last Airbender series, and daaaaamn, I forgot how much it kicked ***.
Now go watch the movie.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, I never meant to diss them, I actually like the Wigglytuff. It's creepy, but I never said that's a bad thing?
I was actually referring to CRASHiC's post.

On another note, I love how I was in a perfectly good mood for most of today and then closing time came at work and now I feel tired and mopey. People can be so stupid sometimes. There are dark clouds, there's thunder and lightning in the distance, we want to get out of there before the storm hits and we have to drive in pouring rain, and people are keeping us late -- then have the nerve to ask us if we've been listening to the radio and know if there's going to be a tornado.

Derp.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, it was said that the Pokemon series was low budget at first, so I can see this as an excuse as to why the sprites weren't... errm... top quality.

Maybe they wanted to make Mewtwo skinny, but due to horrible spriters and what not, it probably came out as fat as it did.

I mean, the anime kinda proves what they were going for weren't they?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I was actually referring to CRASHiC's post.

On another note, I love how I was in a perfectly good mood for most of today and then closing time came at work and now I feel tired and mopey. People can be so stupid sometimes. There are dark clouds, there's thunder and lightning in the distance, we want to get out of there before the storm hits and we have to drive in pouring rain, and people are keeping us late -- then have the nerve to ask us if we've been listening to the radio and know if there's going to be a tornado.

Derp.
Where do you work, Firus? I don't know how old you are, but I'm 18 and work at fast food. Made some kick*** Chicken Fingers 5 minutes 'till closing last night, was going to get to take them home.

Then people came and ate them all. =/

M.K

Level 55
There is nothing worse than interning at a physical therapy office and having to massage the swollen, bruised kneecaps of older men and women.
Or perhaps doing laundry at said workplace and sticking your entire hand in a glop of ultrasound gel that you had NO ****ING IDEA would be in a LAUNDRY BASKET.

>:[

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
There is nothing worse than interning at a physical therapy office and having to massage the swollen, bruised kneecaps of older men and women.
Or perhaps doing laundry at said workplace and sticking your entire hand in a glop of ultrasound gel that you had NO ****ING IDEA would be in a LAUNDRY BASKET.

>:[
If you do/have had those happen too you, I've earned mountains of respect for you Meta.

Last night I got cut by grease. 350 degrees, so it didn't burn, it cut as well.

M.K

Level 55
If you do/have had those happen too you, I've earned mountains of respect for you Meta.

Last night I got cut by grease. 350 degrees, so it didn't burn, it cut as well.
1) Yes, yes i have.
2) Knee surgery is a *****
3) I hate doing laundry.

Fast food sounds terrible, though. Thank goodness for the scholarship opportunities.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
How does grease cut? I thought grease was a liquid
When you're dropping chicken, 350 Degree Grease splashes up and hits your skin so fast and hot it cuts/melt-cuts the skin off. Like a flame-whip or some crap.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah, I see

Tell me about your benefits. Do you at any time get to actually ingest the food they have there.

And do you know if this applies to BK?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'd personally hate to work somewhere where the public can scrutinise you, though from my short experience in a Waitrose store, it seems that most grunt jobs begin there. :cry:

And do you know if this applies to BK?
You thinking of working at BK?

You be choppin' up Celebi heads on a regular basis, just so you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom