• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hopefully it will have a better interface.
Shoddy, better community, more people to play, updated with the new moves, horrible interface
Netbattle, easy interface, run by ****ty people now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I might try out some doubles. Heat Wave, Blizzard, and Rock Slide spam FTW.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How 'bout Serene Grace Blissey abusing freeze hax? 20% chance to freeze times two opponents equals gay.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Don't forget the Follow Me + Focus Punch combo. ;]
Hmmm...maybe SubSeed Breloom with some sort of bulky Follow Me/Air Slash Togekiss set for its support? That'd be interesting. Spore+TWave combo would be pretty nasty, and then give the Togekiss Roost so it never dies and maybe Ancient Power to deal with Flyers and Ice-types (plus the stat boosting hax to possibly make it even worse to take on), and you could possibly have an extremely gay doubles team.

I might have to try that. <.<

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Those facts are pretty lulzy.
The only one I actually payed attention to being haxed in the game was how far Arcanine could run.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Whenever someone tries to merge logic and Nintendo, I rage a little.

Actually I rage a lot. That's why I dislike that whole deadliest brawler thread thingy ma jigger.

I digress though, so on topic, Charizard is a dragon, not a human, so there yah go. Of course unless they mean the trainers, in which the trainers don't actually exist. They're just animated graphics.

Also, Wartortle has a stupid pokedex entry. But he's the biggest badass out of his entire evolutionary chain so it really doesn't matter.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No kidding Pokémon are "really freaking hax", they're fantastical creatures for crying out loud.

Why do people insist on trying to apply logic to a game series in which you can dive underwater as a standard human, stay under there for an extended period of time without breathing equipment, and do all sorts of other nonsensical things?

Like, instead of that person wasting their time with pointless statistics, they could easily have done this:

"Doduo can learn Fly.
But it has no wings.

Snorlax can learn Surf.
But it's so heavy that it would never be able to stay above the water.

You can't use levitating Pokémon to float over water.
But certain ones like Mew can learn Surf, rather than just floating over it."

I.e. stuff that takes five seconds to recall from memory rather than looking up facts and wasting everyone's time.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@water and Firus: You guys are taking a joke (albeit one that applies real-life scientific examples, which I think makes it funnier rather than submitting obvious facts such as "Doduo can fly without wings lolwut") too seriously.

They were applying logic to it for the sake of the joke being a more pleasurable experience, and they obviously weren't taking things too seriously, as the bottom of the picture shows. It also gets bonus points for being a learning experience. :p

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
I was playing Pokemon Stadium a few years back...

I was using its rental Snorlax, which knew Rest/Metronome/Rock Slide/Mega Kick

I used Metronome, and he ended up using Fly...

I remember that whenever stuff like this shows up. Pokemon will never make sense. NEVER. Their pokedex entries are supposed to make little kids go "OMG Charizard is teh ****!" I have to say though, they definitely succeeded.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, someone should hack a Dugtrio with Seismic Toss and see what the animation is.

Mewter

Smash Master
The seismic toss animation would probably be Dugtrio doing its head thing and Open Your Eyes, Look Up to the Sky the screen flipping upside down with the rumble that follows.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I originally posted this for my DDD peeps, but its more in place on here:

So check this, Aggron's greatest weakness is his major weaknesses, right? Yet, that Head Smash is major, major trouble for anyone who gets his by it. Setting up a choice scarfed Head Smash from Aggron is major trouble for anyone. Well, an easy fix I found: U-turn. Imagine, I'm setting up with Azelf, who has levitate. Your pokemon are generally either:

Metagross
Aerodactyl
Or another Azelf

Neither one of these pokemon are going to Earthquake Azelf because of levitate. So, if I predict well, I get my Aggron in, and laugh off the tiny hit. From there, my choice scarfed Aggron outruns Metagross. From there the Aggron eathquackes the Metagross, killing him since he was earlier hit with a u-turn from Azelf. Switching into Aerodactyl is a horrible idea, unless the user knows that the Aerodactyl opted out of earthquake (as most do) for ice fang. If he does, Aerodactyl can't really harm Aggron, and Aggron Head Smashes it for the kill. For

Now we've established that all three of these pokemon are dead upon arrival. So, what can they do next? Let's review the list of pokemon that can survive upon switch in the head smash within OU.

Pokemon that will take at least half damage with max EVs and no stealth rocks that Azelf set up:
Azelf
Aerodactyl
Blissy
Celebi
Dragonite
Dusknoir
Elective
Gliscor
Gengar
Gyardose
Hatran
Heracross
Infernape
Jolteon
Kingdra
Latias
Mamoswine
Ninjask
Porygon-z
Roserade
The Rotoms
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Smegal
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Vapereon
Weavile
Swampert

Ify- Tyranitar

Pokemon that can without taking half damage, not including the stealth rocks and non boosted nature just to be conservative:
Bronzong
Creseila
Empeleon
Fortress
Flygon
Hippowdon
Jirachi
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Swampert

So, from there, we look at what pokemon can actually harm him upon arrival, upon switch in, assuming he used Head Smash.

Swampert is the most obvious. That is some really scary stuff for him. However, Swampert still can't outrun him, so he could be eating another head smash. That equals 80 percent, plus 15 percent from stealth rocks.
Lucario and Flygon are the best options to switch in. Most other pokemon will have large problems with the choice scarfed head smash. PS. this is for switch in to stop from losing another pokemon, not switch in from a pokemon dying.

But, Logan, you say, this will only work off of a lead. True, but stopping Azelf is next to impossible. Then you forget something else. Scizor U-turn into Aggron. I can pull Aggron out whenever I want with successful prediction, and when choice scarfed, he can out run a great deal actually.

In short, Aggron kicks major ***.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@water and Firus: You guys are taking a joke (albeit one that applies real-life scientific examples, which I think makes it funnier rather than submitting obvious facts such as "Doduo can fly without wings lolwut") too seriously.

They were applying logic to it for the sake of the joke being a more pleasurable experience, and they obviously weren't taking things too seriously, as the bottom of the picture shows. It also gets bonus points for being a learning experience. :p
They did take it too seriously if you ask me, because they worked way too hard to get facts to back it up. In fact, the joke was so serious that it wasn't funny.

The "Doduo can fly without wings" fact may be super obvious, but it's at least quick and to the point. "Hey so this Pokédex entry says this, but in reality this animal can only do something to this extent. Therefore, this Pokémon would be doing this times what it should be able to do." is long, roundabout, and way too complex. It's still quite obvious that those Pokédex entries show rather exaggerated abilities, just not to what extent.

And applying logic to Pokémon is generally a losing game no matter what. Applying logic to ANY game that isn't supposed to be realistic is hard to do entertainingly because basically, the response is "So the game isn't realistic, what else is new?"

Not that I really care to argue about this, I'm just defending my position that it really wasn't very funny at all. I'm capable of understanding the joke. I still don't think it's funny.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh... Dear God. What the hell!?

That's my saying that with Google Moderate Safesearch ON. Imagine my reaction if it was off.
I only saw 1 nasty picture...

The rest were just Gardevoir with mammaries...

Gardevoir does look like a elegant woman dancer though, so if they have to find some pokemon attractive, it might as well be the one that looks the most female...Jynx looks like a freak.

...Gallade is just some geneneric guy thing with blades for arms...plus is male...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lack of Lopunny discussion is both surprising an relieving.

So I'm thinking of running a Mafia game based on Pokemon. Any suggestions or comments? I'm thinking Gengar, Alakazam, Mewtwo, and some others are the Mafia. Snorlax could be doc, with his giant fatness. Dugtrio = graverobber / coroner / janitor?

By the way, I'm trying to focus on gen 1 and 2.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I suppose I could make Alakazam innocent, and give him a seer role.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Lack of Lopunny discussion is both surprising an relieving.

So I'm thinking of running a Mafia game based on Pokemon. Any suggestions or comments? I'm thinking Gengar, Alakazam, Mewtwo, and some others are the Mafia. Snorlax could be doc, with his giant fatness. Dugtrio = graverobber / coroner / janitor?

By the way, I'm trying to focus on gen 1 and 2.
Mewtwo = Mafia Godfather
Chansey or Blissey = Doc
Arcanine = Cop
Doduo = Doublevoter
Charizard = Arsonist

Those are some that I could think of. The Chansey & Arcanaine roles are because of the Pokemon anime. Chansey helps Joy & Arcanine (and Growlithe) help Jenny.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I have some ideas, but it depends on what you're doing with your game.

Which roles were you planning on using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom