• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SWF Low Tier Tourney

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
It was really laggy what are you talking about dawg we had a red dot and the input lag was almost as bad as my match with DarkMusician and he's from Hawaii
I live in holland.
And why don't you burn me to the ground. I did lose.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh well no wonder...dammit virg why u gotta put me in all these lag matches. i can't play in lag, i'm reppin FALCON dammit >.>

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well I've got burntsocks who lives hundreds of miles away. Teh lag gonna be awesome.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
us falcons got gyped. one of us had to play a LUCAS, the other had to play a MARIO, i had to play a ZELDA FROM HAWAII, u have to play SOMEONE IDK WHO HE USES BUT **** THE LAGS GONNA SUCK, and 2kor2k just sucks

heytallman

CTALL
lol u falcons got gypped because you play Falcon :D

Also, lag blows for Ness/Lucas players, it ***** up PK Thunder so bad. I SD'd twice in my set because of it.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
O.O I got 2 stocked game two lmao.

Third game was mad campy. 7min

and first was just normal. Input delay had it's way with us.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You live in England... all your matches are going to be with people hundreds of miles away...
lol, get wrecked by logic.

Who let you sign up anyways? All of your matches are going to be lulzy, regardless of how epic your connection is.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
After Taking Ally's Falcon to game 5 in low tier event, I 100% disagree with this.
You don't agree that "the only characters falcon has no chance against in low tiers are mario and lucas. lol"?

lol, Bo, we need to take every victory we can get.

Edit: Why didn't you Falcons pick up Ally? Does he still Wifi?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I fixed my post with all of the players and their mains listed to include CF and Ganon, and redid the ordering to match the tier list. I also changed the color scheme (Samus has indigo ^_^).

Page 10 if anyone wants to stroke my ego, despite my creativity being that of a four year-old.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
You don't agree that "the only characters falcon has no chance against in low tiers are mario and lucas. lol"?

lol, Bo, we need to take every victory we can get.

Edit: Why didn't you Falcons pick up Ally? Does he still Wifi?
I disagree because Falcon/Mario is at least 60:40 in Mario's favor. Face Ally.

D

Deleted member

Yo willz, tomarrow, 530PM pacific time.
Be there or be square :D

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
You are aware that Ike is the second most manly character in the game, and unlike Falcon actually has a great chance of winning this low tier tournament, correct? :bee:
LOL Ike? The "I fight for my friends!" Ike? Ike isn't even close to Ganon for any title having to do with manliness. Calling Ike manly and not mention Ganon is laughable. You want reasons?

• Excluding throws, Ike has precisely two moves that doesn't rely on his huge sword- the jab1 and jab2. You know they say, the bigger the weapon, the smaller... you get what I'm saying. Ganondorf puts his entire body on the line all the time.

• Ike has to play very defensively because he has huge range and a quick move to dispel opponents. Ganondorf has no defense, not with that 9-frame jab of his. Ganondorf is far the riskier character to use and riskiness = manliness.
  • Ike's longest and most damaging move looks like he has to take a dump. Seriously. Ganondorf has the Volcano Kick, which purposely exposes his manhood, and the Murder Punch, which does as the name suggests.

• Speaking of Murder Punch, it kills earlier than Ike's strongest Eruption. Eat it.

• Ganondorf's forward-throw punches the opposing character in the nuts. Ike's forward-throw can lead to an infinite, which is just being a wuss.
  • Ganon's d-air kills faster and is just way more awesome than Ike's d-air.
  • Ganondorf can cancel DK's fully-charged punch with his balls (just time Ganon's up-smash at the right time). Let's see Ike do that.

That's just a small sampling of how outrageously manly Ganondorf is. I haven't even mentioned Ganoncides, the Sparta Kick, his stupid damage potential when he can get momentum going, or the fact that he can fly. In fact, I even said nothing about the Sword Taunt at all. Really, if Ganon felt like using his sword, he can blow Ike out of the water. He just chooses not to because he plays the manly way.

I got your back, Ray Kalm. Now win this tournament.

Drynster

Smash Cadet

• Ganondorf's forward-throw punches the opposing character in the nuts. Ike's forward-throw can lead to an infinite, which is just being a wuss.

Because all manly men punch each other in the nuts. Ganon just last all manliness with your statement.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
My my, you are quite the delusional one. Clai.

Have you seen Ganondorf's running animation? It looks as if he's running with a chair shoved up his rear. Did he have a bit too much fun at the bar last night?

Ganondorf has his sissy "lulz I flame choked out once and now I going to tech chase/dtilt you" set up that he heavily relies on for damage along with his Dair.

Speaking of his dair, you have to be fairly sissy to have disjointed hitboxes like that, but no weapon to show the hit. Why do you think Snake has such insane tilts? He wasn't built to reproduce, he's awfully tiny down there. And good old Gannondorf is attempting to get that range with is dair. Hm, I wonder what that could mean.

Utilt. No true man shows off his crotch to other guys for a good ten seconds. It's not like he has much to show anyways, as proven above.

Ike's Down Throw is a swift leap onto the other guy's balls. The blow is so strong, it sends them flying upwards instead of reeling backwards. That is a manly move. A punch to the balls is what little geeks attempt to do when confronted by the school bully. Oh my, did Ganondorf have a rough childhood? Might explain the lack of "growth" down there as it were.

Warlock Punch can't KO sooner then Ike's Eruption unless you manage to set up a FoG while in a match, followed by who knows how many turns in the air. Ike's Eruption fully charged on the other hand has been pulled off in tournaments. Sorry, no dice their chap.

Ike can stop any single melee move in the game with his Counter. Let's see Ganondorf do that. And for the record: Fsmash clanks with DK's Giant Punch.

Ganondorf is a sad, pathetic imitation of Captain Falcon. That's all he is, and fakers are never nearly as awesome as the original.

A true man does not get beaten by A skinny boy wearing tight green clothing, or a man in tight green clothing with a fairy that keeps shouting "Hey, Listen!"

His sword? It's obvious broken. I mean, he can't even hold it right for crying out loud. The chicks dig knights with swords. Know why? They're manly. Holding a sword like that? Not manly.

Aethercide is more manly. It's not a guaranteed kill. A REAL man doesn't use such pathetic handicaps as "lulz I grabbed you, you die now okay lulz"

Honesty, Ganondorf is a joke compared to Ike in manliness.

Clai

Smash Lord
Because all manly men punch each other in the nuts. Ganon just last all manliness with your statement.
Ganon's grab game is pretty terrible, considering how bad his range is. With all the killing he's going to do with his thunderstomps, Sparta Kicks, f-air punch, and powerful smashes, a punch to the nuts is just insult to injury.

Besides, it's not like the 'location' of the throw has any effect on the opponent itself. It's just a cool observation, an observation that says Ganon shows no mercy to any opponent under any circumstance.

*EDIT* Me, the delusional one, you say? We'll see about that...

My my, you are quite the delusional one. Clai.

Have you seen Ganondorf's running animation? It looks as if he's running with a chair shoved up his rear. Did he have a bit too much fun at the bar last night?
Any time I see Ganon run, I feel like a freight train is about to collide with me. Ganon's dash-attack is a very powerful move. What does Ike do with his dash? Lunge at the opponent while holding out his sword? lol.

Ganondorf has his sissy "lulz I flame choked out once and now I going to tech chase/dtilt you" set up that he heavily relies on for damage along with his Dair.
Flame Choke is just a very, very risky move, having a laggy start-up and cool down. If you miss with the Flame Choke, you're in for a world of hurt. Risky moves should lead to good rewards. It's nothing like Ike's 4-frame jab that he can really spam and for the most part get away with it. As for Dair being our main damage dealer, get out of last year's metagame. Ganondorf has a very good aerial moveset that he can use to rack up damage.

Speaking of his dair, you have to be fairly sissy to have disjointed hitboxes like that, but no weapon to show the hit. Why do you think Snake has such insane tilts? He wasn't built to reproduce, he's awfully tiny down there. And good old Gannondorf is attempting to get that range with is dair. Hm, I wonder what that could mean.
Says the guy with a FRIGGIN SWORD? Are you @!$@!#$!# kidding me with this statement?

Utilt. No true man shows off his crotch to other guys for a good ten seconds. It's not like he has much to show anyways, as proven above.
You've got to be real ballsy to show off the goods before you crush them with your leg. Pun obviously intended.

Ike's Down Throw is a swift leap onto the other guy's balls. The blow is so strong, it sends them flying upwards instead of reeling backwards. That is a manly move. A punch to the balls is what little geeks attempt to do when confronted by the school bully. Oh my, did Ganondorf have a rough childhood? Might explain the lack of "growth" down there as it were.
Picking up guys and punching them in the balls is one thing. Throwing them down and then kicking them when they're down is just wrong.

Warlock Punch can't KO sooner then Ike's Eruption unless you manage to set up a FoG while in a match, followed by who knows how many turns in the air. Ike's Eruption fully charged on the other hand has been pulled off in tournaments. Sorry, no dice their chap.
A 360-degree Warlock Punch is faster than a 3 second Eruption. I don't care about how feasible it is, I just went in for the raw stats (because honestly, anyone that falls for either of these two moves is just a complete moron).

Ike can stop any single melee move in the game with his Counter. Let's see Ganondorf do that. And for the record: Fsmash clanks with DK's Giant Punch.
Last time I checked, none of those two moves involve Ike's balls. Then again, Ike is a wuss that does everything with his sword, wouldn't want his polished armor to be dirty.

Ganondorf is a sad, pathetic imitation of Captain Falcon. That's all he is, and fakers are never nearly as awesome as the original.
Except Ganondorf and Falcon have played completely differently in both Melee and Brawl. In Melee, Falcon was the all-out offensive character while Ganon was more defensive. In Brawl, the roles are a bit reversed, with Falcon's jab being a great defensive measure and Ganon's lack of defense forcing him to take the offensive.

Besides, Ganon-Falcon is a whole 'nother argument on manliness, but I'd argue that Ganon is manlier (in Brawl) than Falcon (in Brawl).

A true man does not get beaten by A skinny boy wearing tight green clothing, or a man in tight green clothing with a fairy that keeps shouting "Hey, Listen!"
At least Ganon gives us some wicked murderous scenes from TP, but Ray Kalm would have to back me up on that one because I've never completed the game. The hero always destroys the villian, that's how designers make it.

His sword? It's obvious broken. I mean, he can't even hold it right for crying out loud. The chicks dig knights with swords. Know why? They're manly. Holding a sword like that? Not manly.
Chicks dig guys with swords because they have honor and chivalry and all of that nonsense that says, "I'm a classy guy and I'm going to treat you right." Ganondorf is the equivalent of a bar-fighter that cracks skulls with his immense strength and then takes any woman he wants back home because the woman knows that he's a real man.

Aethercide is more manly. It's not a guaranteed kill. A REAL man doesn't use such pathetic handicaps as "lulz I grabbed you, you die now okay lulz"
Ganondorf is grabbing you in the face and sending you down with greater and greater force. You WANT Ganon to take you down to an abyss because if you ever landed on solid ground while Ganon takes hold of your face, your head would be crushed like a coconut.

Honesty, Ganondorf is a joke compared to Ike in manliness.
Your arguments are terrible. No character that relies on a sword will ever surpass Ganon in terms of manliness.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
At least Ganon gives us some wicked murderous scenes from TP, but Ray Kalm would have to back me up on that one because I've never completed the game. The hero always destroys the villian, that's how designers make it.
Is the first one and a half minute from this video good enough?

Clai

Smash Lord
Is the first one and a half minute from this video good enough?
I was thinking about that scene when I was giving the argument, that's why I asked you to back me up. As I said, I haven't completed Twilight Princess, so anything coming out of that game would have to be someone else's territory.

Not to say that the scene you have isn't absolutely epic, but I thought there could have been other scenes with Ganon that were epic as well. I was hoping you weren't going to use that video, since we really don't need it to prove that Ganondorf is far, far manlier than any character who isn't Captain Falcon.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I think clai won the manliness arguement thing...

And I'm still waiting for a response to this...

Oh... and so I don't get a warning for being offtopic, if this tourney stays on schedule, when is it going to end? And have you decided on the prizes yet?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Im just dropping by and saying I AM here and im trying to fight my opponent, we just keep missing eash other. Dont count us out, plz.

Galeon

Smash Ace
EDIT: Ismar's right. Pointing out the unmanliness of a character should be frowned upon.

ON TOPIC:

I hope the Bowsers are into backup plans cause Sade's about to send one of em into loser's bracket.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Ganon manly stuff.
He's also survived being stabbed through both the head and the chest, and being shot by balltons of magicky light arrows. Just sayin', I don't think Ike would survive being stabbed through his cerebrum.

Not to mention that he flat out plows through projectiles with his dash attack and proceeds to bring the beatdown on the foe who has just crapped his pants from witnessing the sheer awesomeness. Cancelling a fully charged Samus chargeshot with a fsmash? Oh yes. Oh lord yes.

Ganon>>>>>>Ike in manliness.

I want to see a Ganon take this thing. Too bad he's probably the worst wifi character around.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ness is not low tier

ike is low tier, but too good for the rest of the low tiers. he needs to be in some C.5 Tier.
mario is probably bottom of D

but ness? dear god. watch some fow videos. dude is NOT low tier

Top Bottom