• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst represented character?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
about fox and falco.
I once heard a pretty good theory. Star Fox is pretty much the intergalaxy police right? So it would make a lot of sence for people that are admitted into this police force to have to obtain martial arts training. which would explain their fighting styles.
Actually, Starfox is a team of mercenaries, not an intergalactic police force. Consdiering that they are mercenaries, it's natural that they would have to have some martial art skills in the event they are needed for a mission.

sasook

Smash Champion
Toon Link.

Um, Deku Leaf, grapple hook, skull hammer, Hourglass, tornado spin attack anyone? Freakin' copying movesets ftl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Actually, Starfox is a team of mercenaries, not an intergalactic police force. Consdiering that they are mercenaries, it's natural that they would have to have some martial art skills in the event they are needed for a mission.
Really, i thought Star Wolf was the mercenarys and Star fox was the police...

huh. learn some thing new everyday...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Dedede - Go figure. Go play some Kirby games, and you'll see how perfectly Dedede is represented in Brawl. It's actually kind of annoying. Dedede could not have been represented any better in this game, and the fact that he got so much respect and attention is just insulting to people who were looking for some originality in some of the least well represented characters.
Sakurai probably made **** sure his characters were perfectly represented.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Really, i thought Star Wolf was the mercenarys and Star fox was the police...

huh. learn some thing new everyday...
Actually, both groups are mercenaries. Starfox has its limits though.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I think the worst representation is Sonic.
His series is enormous, ever since Sonic Adventure 2 the games have been going downhill sharply, so you think Brawl would've brought him back to life in some way, and though Sonic Unleashed was pretty good, Sonic is still dying.
All of Sonic's moves were based on an actual game, with the exception of the spring thing.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
sonic is a bad character who has recently had really bad games.

also i think the simultaneous best and worst represented character is snake.
yes he has mortars, and grenades and C4 and such, and his jab combo is very authentic. but at the same time, he doesnt have any guns. and im STILL trying to figure out what ****** thought it would be a good idea to make snake like 300 pounds and be heavier than donkey kong.

yes i know there are no bullet shooting guns in smash. but that doesnt change my point.

and before people come in with that crap about rocket launchers and mortars weighing him down, that stuff comes from hammerspace, and object DO NOT have weight in hammerspace.
As does Link's Stuff. Yet it still weighs him down like Snake's equipment and weaponry does. According to Link's frame, height, and size he should be no heavier than Pit. Marth is taller than Link.
Also, in Snake's games, his equipment DOES weigh him down and decrease his mobility.

Toon Link could Crawl and Sidle in Wind Waker like Snake, so why not here?

BTW, making Sonic run faster won't help him much if his horizontal speed movement doesn't follow suit.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
EVERYONE should be able to crawl. It doesn't make sense how only some of them can lol

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
EVERYONE should be able to crawl. It doesn't make sense how only some of them can lol
Yes it does. Some have wall jumps. Some have flight. Some have wall cling. Some have tether recovery. And some have crawling. Everyone has thier special traits...

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Yeah, but what is it about crawling that makes...say Fox unable to do it? You don't need any special ability to crawl.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I think Luigi should do the worm.
Agreed?

lol, but seriously, crawling is pretty much useless so whatever.
Agreed?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Seriously, Mewtwo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akaIgYmvRI

Sure the Movie is seriously kiddie through most of it, BUT 3:28- 4:20 and 6:22- 7:30.

Too powerful for Melee or Brawl? Yes, but how do you take a MONSTER like that and make it one of the worst characters in the series? I ask you?

Samus and Ganondorf seriously need an overhaul too...

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo. If even Jigglypuff is in a higher tier than the supposedly "broken" Pokemon from Generation 1 of Pokemon, that's utter misrepresentation.

Ganon, Ganon, Ganon...stop waving your freakin' sword during "victory" and USE IT FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE IN SSB!! Sheesh...anytime Ganon taunts and gets KO'd, I'm gonna laugh at his stupidity for not using a sword, but pulling it out after the battle. And if the battle was a close one, that is just sad.

Jigglypuff. It is pure suckage. Enough said. (Link is NOT losing to a weird puffball lifeform!)

Brawl's CF: he doesn't suck (normally)... he's got the Falcon freakin' Punch, for goodness' sake!

Link: Has NEVER been able to rise above Low tier?! Come on...he should be able to do much better than that, considering his awesome games and all the useful abilities he employs... And a guy with a sword should not be losing to a jiggling puff! Plus, during the 1st Brawl Tier List, he was behind even Zelda (the lady he's supposed to be saving) and Ganondorf (the guy he's beaten in numerous games). That was just downright embarrassing, as another member said once...

LOL at these things said earlier in the thread: Captain Falcon just driving in his old games, the Ganondorf pic, and Zelda's "calling out to Link via dreams" as an attack. XD XD :D

And Samus may be misrepresented, but IMO, her SSB Charge Shot is PERFECT, despite not mimicking its original incarnation. The main attack that drew me into the awesome SSB series!!

~rh

Smash Lord
Mewtwo was such a ****in' thug in everything Pokemon related.

What the **** happened in Melee, guys?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Link and Samus are most misrepresented...seriously, they are lone warriors and heros in their own games, and totally suck (or are at least not particularly great) in ALL THREE smash bros. games. What is up with that?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Eh, this thread's first post sounds like a crying thread, this is like saying why don't Kirby able to copy people's powers buy eating there projectiles are somthing, and a short answer, *we don't want him to be too overpowering* but my answer to who is poorly reped is Mr. Game & Watch, and who has been toned down very much would be either Sonic, Kirby, or maybe Samus.

I think Luigi should do the worm.
Agreed?

lol, but seriously, crawling is pretty much useless so whatever.
Agreed?
I though Luigi was already doing to worm. XD

And no, crawling is useful in some areas, like ducking under shooting attacks, or crawl into a D-Tilt is kind of useful. I'll say that big characters that can crawl is pretty pointless, *looks at Bowser*

Link and Samus are most misrepresented...seriously, they are lone warriors and heros in their own games, and totally suck (or are at least not particularly great) in ALL THREE smash bros. games. What is up with that?
I almost agreed with you until you said Samus was bad in all three Smash Bros games, the fact that Smash is great in Melee to the point that people looked at her as a high tier character, Brawl she's has less knockback but more simpler to play. I would say at least Link and Yoshi, though Yoshi was never a bottom tier matral character.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why Game and Watch has a helmet, a fishbowl, and two giant hammers, but is 3rd lightest. Snake and Link flaunt their items >_>.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Link is actually pretty badly represented too, I suppose. I mean, he's supposed to be this heroic guy who has part of some legendary thing and has mastered all kinds of weapons, but in Brawl he isn't even really nimble (plus he can't jump) and, for a sword wielder, his forward smash really lacks knockback.

Ganondorf is worse I guess. He's some uber powerful villain who held his own against Zelda AND Link, and he is now just so slow he can't really do much without an insane amount of effort on the Ganon user's part.

Minish Blade

Smash Cadet
Link is actually pretty badly represented too, I suppose. I mean, he's supposed to be this heroic guy who has part of some legendary thing and has mastered all kinds of weapons, but in Brawl he isn't even really nimble (plus he can't jump) and, for a sword wielder, his forward smash really lacks knockback.
Argreed.

If only Link could have his powerful ball and chain in Brawl...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
By no means is ROB the worst represented.
Nobody actually plays Ganon, Ness, Link, or Jiggly at a high level, any more.
It'd be nice to see more Mario.

wangston

Smash Lord
Falcon. It makes no sense he races cars and he bounty hunts. I doubt he hunts with just his knee. Give him a gun.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
The second hit in his fsmash packs a good punch though. It's just too bad it's not on the first hit...

And yes, agree with everyone that Ganondorf needs changing.

Psychoace

Smash Champion

Ganondorf is worse I guess. He's some uber powerful villain who held his own against Zelda AND Link, and he is now just so slow he can't really do much without an insane amount of effort on the Ganon user's part.
well....chain mail does kinda slow you down.

Jack_Shadow

Smash Rookie
Well i dont think people can go on about some characters, like Zelda, who needed to be adapted to make her be able to fight, obviously some moves needed to be made up.

all characters need to be able to fight in some way or they wouldnt be in the game. But as for a bad choice of moves when better alternatives were available i'd say Samus and obviously Ganondorf, cause everyone knows he got his moves from C.falcon in melee.

Final smashes are the worst i think, especially for Link in my oppinion where they could have put in the wolf from TP or Fierce Deity Link (from MM). And Jigglypuffs random growth, dunno what thats about

urdailywater

Smash Hero
TL is kind of badly represented, not as bad as Link though. It's mainly sword moves, but then again it's just using the sword.

Ganondorf would definetly be one of the worst. And Jigglypuff. Someone will go in the actual games and think that rest actually does damage. >.> It's strange how she was put in.

And Zelda. Peach, I can understand a bit, but her side b?

My 2 cents that were already stated most likely.

Top Bottom