• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
If you're so concerned about SK I would advocate for his cop, not his lynch. I think pushing for his lynch at this point is major derp.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Then again, I have no idea on what's going on and pretty much only read the post that are above me when I view the thread.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
All three of my strongest scum reads are being cleared from their roles. I'm tired of it frankly. I just want someone to flip and for this day to end.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Dewd like sing it brotha!

I mean what is that feeling like so much effort and like you have NOTHING to show for it amirite?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Before I continue, there's been something I've been meaning to ask.

Have you seen this man?

...I mean. Something that I need to talk with X1 about, THEN we'll be reconsidering one of our reads.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Reyth
If you meant willing to vote, SAY willing to vote. Reconsidering your reads to me means going back, looking at the evidence, and ACTUALLY RECONSIDERING them.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
ok.
tl;dr, people have claimed stuff. Some people are scum in this game. They're not me, and since you just called me obvtown with no provocation, I doubt you are either.
Don't be silly son, what just happened could easily be seen as one player pushing us when it seemed like a popular choice and then when it seemed like an unpopular choice flipping back suddenly and calling us obvtown. Don't you agree?

SoupKat you have lied about your abilities and I don't like it. You claim song of time (1x speed) Is the reverse song of time? That's completely not true, you just played the normal speed song of time and it restarted the day (fitting the flavour), yet you claimed you used a different ability? Why? I want your abilities claimed again, with no BS. Then you can explain why you lied in the first place

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
T-block, there was something you told me to remind you to respond to but I don't remember what it was. Do you?

X1's list of reads with reasoning makes me feel somewhat better about video (Nabe has not done anything like that all game. ALL GAME).
So in your opinion, posting full read lists is a strong standard town play?

PTSD is posting. DeGrey, are they scum?

I really can't see this being a fakeclaim. You must be town ._.
Hey now, I don't appreciate you muscling in on my turf.

Ok, people get it? He's the Gov back off .jpg this minute!
Gross.

1990 points out an odd inconsistency in SK's claim but I assume it turns out to be true, given the thread title. Good that you see it though, I didn't.

This day phase has shaken my read on you to it's core. You're probably my biggest scum read outside of TBlock and maaaaaaaybe Zen.

And Zen is an indy read.

/threat
? :c ? :c ? :c ?

Song of time takes us out of this game and into another. That's basically it paraphrased.
Do this now.

2012, X1 still mackin' my turf

I've never played with governors before. I need nich's input
What???

Is the countdown necessary for your role?

The song of time is played in speeds. 1 x is the rewind, 2 x is the speed-up, by itself takes us away and into another game. Exciting times. See you back in D1. Also, I don't play LoZelda - sorry if any confusion has been caused. FWIW, wii're Town.
"1x" implies a song moving forward at normal speed, i.e. plain Song of Time which you say does something else. Iffy.

Post on your hydra account if you are on a hydra. I will be far less lenient now that an entire phase has passed.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
****, ****, ****, ****, ****

Okay, we caught a crumb from .JPG. One we are not willing to out (Raziek actually caught it, congrats to him). His play after we picked up on it matched. WE ARE SUPER UNWILLING to lynch him after seeing it. We can and will waste our time turner ability to save him and that will leave us going into Day 2 with no lynch Day 1. The penalty for breaking our restriction is the loss of our one shot ability.
X1 and I have finally discussed it, and we WANT you to point out where you think you saw our crumb. We hid it well, so we'd be surprised if you actually found it. I don't care if you think this will out us as a powerful PR.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
it's like almost 2am i'll get to more of this tomorrow

^bt1w o hai Nabe :awesome: good to see ewe conveniently pop in after all the action :chuckle:

@specifically X1: shamwowSLAP. how did you come to the conclusion that wii've now lied about our abilities? If this is true wii wouldn't be able to confirm them. Wii've confirmed 1/3, wii can quite easily confirm the other 2 to prove wii aren't lying.

also @Nabe: all our abilities are twilight abilities. also there's a post I made under my name and I only have 2 posts in the game. i'd link it but im using a computer from the 50s. Could you respond to it and tell if you still don't agree with the analysis I made on soup/yourself involving t-block (as this appears to be the bulk of your read)?

Mininote: rewinding (reversing/redoing/whatever) the Day has been shown to do exactly what wii've described with the song of time:1xspeed command, as proven by the mod. There's nothing iffy about something mod-proven.

I'm going to talk to Soup about t-block because I disagree with this read atm. i'm going to be brave and give this thread a good reread as well! Grey needs looking into. Soup's getting on skype tommo aren't you soup so wii can discuss things then

@mod: how are you resolving actions this game?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hm, I'd forgotten the votes all reset, I'd better reapply my Nabe vote.

Vote: Nabe

@Nabe
The reasoning behind the slot's reads seemed legitimate, and they actually did it without being pressed for it. Basically, it showcased a desire to actually scum hunt, something you haven't displayed at all this game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
X1 and I have finally discussed it, and we WANT you to point out where you think you saw our crumb. We hid it well, so we'd be surprised if you actually found it. I don't care if you think this will out us as a powerful PR.
I want you to confirm that you're certain you want me (Raziek) to do this.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Bleck, I'm not too sure right now.

looking back at my read list, a few things have changed.

First off, I believe DeGrey's claim. I believe that someone's win condition is to terminate a certain person. Put him as leaning town, at least.
I believe you're being hunted by the Terminator, who is our killer after a specific target with the ability to bypass protectives.

I believe that the specific word choice of "terminate" indicated you agree with my suspicions.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
That was the worst answer ._.

._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._.

._.

And it's exactly what I thought. And it was also pretty obvious.

That "crumb" I left is exactly what I thought you'd caught. The thing is, nowhere did I say *I* was the target. When I saw your claim, I was considering what character out of what movie/tv show/etc. could possibly be a killer focused on a single target, capable of going through doctor protections. Doesn't the Terminator make perfect sense? That's why I also said I wouldn't be surprised if this Indy (Terminator) was bulletproof as well as capable of going through protections.

How does the fact that we arrived at the same conclusion mean that I'm the one?

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Isn't the terminator's win condition to NIGHT KILL this person?

Why

WHY

would you desperately want to leave this person (me, you thought) alive, if that were the case?

Unless, of course, (you should see where I'm getting at) you yourself are the Indy you mentioned.

See why I wanted you to elaborate? There are some townie things about you, but also some scummy things about you. Doesn't it make perfect sense for me to think you ARE the Terminator after this?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
MOST IMPORTANTLY

Isn't the terminator's win condition to NIGHT KILL this person?

Why

WHY

would you desperately want to leave this person (me, you thought) alive, if that were the case?

Unless, of course, (you should see where I'm getting at) you yourself are the Indy you mentioned.

See why I wanted you to elaborate? There are some townie things about you, but also some scummy things about you. Doesn't it make perfect sense for me to think you ARE the Terminator after this?
We wanted you alive because we did not want to see a lynch on you occur yesterday, and considering the choice was between you and SK, we didn't want you on the lynch block.

I saw the crumb and surmised that you suspected you yourself were the target, which you would likely infer based on your role, which is probably a protagonist from the movie. (Haven't seen it, don't know names) We found it highly unlikely that a killer with the ability to bypass protectives is anything BUT Indy, and his target is almost certainly Town.

We believed you were Town as a result.

Saying that we're said Indy is a bucket of WIFOM.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
There's absolutely no reason you would crumb like that if you thought the killer would spot it. If nobody pointed it out, you'd just die in the night. That's senseless. What would we gain as the supposed Indy by pointing this out?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Well if your wincon was to NK us, then keeping us alive through the Day's lynch would help a lot. I also fail to see how you might think that talking about the terminator (something Asdioh already alluded to who he thought might be the killer (based on your slots info)) would lead you to believe that we were the victim?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
For what purpose would the killer crumb that information, exactly?

If you suspected it was the Terminator, you're either the person who thinks they're the victim, the killer himself, or someone in the middle of a very ballsy gambit.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
EBWOP: My first question is meant to imply that you must be the victim by PoE, because the killer has no reason to crumb that to his potential victim.

There are only three people in the game who would spot that crumb.

The killer, the victim, and the person with mod confirmed information ABOUT said killer.

X1-12

Smash Champion
We immediately thought it was the terminator. We asked several people (including your slot) as to whether they could think of who it might be (travels in time, powerful, on a mission to kill) and they said they could think of someone. We were thinking terminator - who the hell were you thinking?

We used the word terminate and we think you took that to be a victim crumb, because of this you wanted us alive until the Night phase so you can fulfil your wincon

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
We immediately thought it was the terminator. We asked several people (including your slot) as to whether they could think of who it might be (travels in time, powerful, on a mission to kill) and they said they could think of someone. We were thinking terminator - who the hell were you thinking?

We used the word terminate and we think you took that to be a victim crumb, because of this you wanted us alive until the Night phase so you can fulfil your wincon
We had no idea until I spotted your crumb. Neither Ryker nor I has seen the Terminator, we had to google it to see if it even involved time travel.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I think the sticking point is this though, Degrey.

Why did the terminate crumb make you think that video was the victim?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I think the sticking point is this though, Degrey.

Why did the terminate crumb make you think that video was the victim?
There's absolutely no reason you would crumb like that if you thought the killer would spot it. If nobody pointed it out, you'd just die in the night. That's senseless. What would we gain as the supposed Indy by pointing this out?
For what purpose would the killer crumb that information, exactly?

If you suspected it was the Terminator, you're either the person who thinks they're the victim, the killer himself, or someone in the middle of a very ballsy gambit.
EBWOP: My first question is meant to imply that you must be the victim by PoE, because the killer has no reason to crumb that to his potential victim.

The killer, the victim, and the person with mod confirmed information ABOUT said killer.
Why would we have revealed any information about such an indy in the first place, if we were that indy? To try to bait our supposed victim? Nonsense.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
I've got an idea.
click blue box next to rykers name for context

You still haven't answered us about how using the word terminate, after having just been in discussion about which character might be the one hunting for someone = a victim crumb. Why would you ever assume that the victim would even crumb?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Don't you get it? We've just been asking people who they think the one hunting might be, your slot has a good idea huh? We say Terminate in a sentence and suddenly its a victim crumb? Why??????? You still wont answer this question.

We do think your the bloody killer. We're trying to bloody prove it by asking you these questions to explain your actions yet you won't answer them

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie

"Only three people would spot that crumb"

This means you were looking out for the word terminate/terminator - were you??? If so why? Is the fact that the terminator is the hunter in your role PM?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I have answered it several times.

Very often, word choice is the essence of a bread crumb.

TERMINATE is a very specific word to choose. I picked up on it, we looked into if the Terminator would make sense, and we decided it was a Town crumb, because CRUMBING AS THE INDY WOULD MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL.

Top Bottom