• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB: Another melee tournament, are we cool yet... BEING STREAMED!!!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
just when i was feeling emo enough to think about flaking...

sigh

every time i'm out you pull me right back in

D

Deleted member

for the record i think scar is just hanging out friday night not sure if hes staying

joeplicate

Smash Master
My car: me, lovage, MANGO, lucky(?) want to go ideally on friday night and chill with norcal

Is it possible for us to hang/sleep with them? Or if u can't house us for the night, where can we sleep that is close by?

let me know ASAP , AIM: hailikefood
idk if i speak for every member of norcal
but i won't mind if u wanna sleep with me ;)

T

themicrOPness

Hello everyone. I am absolutely terrible. If anyone wants to carry my *** in doubles, let me know.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
QZZY's car has room for 1.

We're coming from Torrance, so if you can get a ride here or maybe if you're on the way for us, we can pick you up.

Probably gonna need $8 for gas. Also we're bringing 2 setups.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Is running a tournament on time (or just running a good tournament in general) easier said than done? I don't know why, but almost every single tournament I've been to, really annoying **** happens that makes the tournament kind of bad and I think to myself, "if I were the TO, I'd change this and that"

For example, someone earlier mentioned that some TOs don't bother to number the TVs and it dumbfounds me that someone would be that bad of a TO to not do that.

Or maybe I'm just being dumb :crazy:

edit: lol, I just realized I was reading stuff from a couple pages back. My bad.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
Is running a tournament on time (or just running a good tournament in general) easier said than done? I don't know why, but almost every single tournament I've been to, really annoying **** happens that makes the tournament kind of bad and I think to myself, "if I were the TO, I'd change this and that"

For example, someone earlier mentioned that some TOs don't bother to number the TVs and it dumbfounds me that someone would be that bad of a TO to not do that.

Or maybe I'm just being dumb :crazy:

edit: lol, I just realized I was reading stuff from a couple pages back. My bad.
bring SD to this tourny

TH3M4NROCKS

Smash Cadet
Anyone wanna team with me on doubles? I'm pretty good at this and I do better on doubles than singles. My main is falco and my backup pro is fox.

:phone:

SFAT

Smash Ace
Hey. NorCal is bringing a 3rd car down to SB, but we're looking for housing Friday night. Can anybody help us out? We're gonna head home saturday night tho after the tournament.

T

themicrOPness

Hey. NorCal is bringing a 3rd car down to SB, but we're looking for housing Friday night. Can anybody help us out? We're gonna head home saturday night tho after the tournament.
We can keep at least a car full of people in our dorm.

joeplicate

Smash Master
so here's what i wanna ideally do for the whole weekend

friday: show up to sb, chill with some d00dz
sat: tournament
sat night: chillage with people in SB
sunday: go see my mom in simi valley for mothers day
then go back to santa barbara after awhile
go to lizard's mouth or something really cool
then back to norcal

anyone coming from the san fernando valley, can i potentially get a ride back to simi (along the 118) on sunday morning, if you're gonna stay for the inevitable after party wherever it may be on saturday?

or if you're gonna head back saturday night, can i go with you guys?

might get my mams to drive me back to sb, or take the train for a bit, or idk

HELP A REAL BRO OUT WITH SOME TRANSPORTATION
(also brendan/oscar/steven if u guys wanna see my mom ;) then drive me places and i would super appreciate it)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
what does "chilling out" entail. A lot of people have expressed their desire to do this but I'm not sure what they mean. Hang out at da beach? Walk around? Just play smash?

I'd be down to go to the beach for a bit even if it's night time lol.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Yo I can house a car of people. We can arrange everything once cars start showing up cuz there's a lot of cars lol.

My phone #: (805) 252-9553
My address: 44 Mendocino Drive, Goleta, CA. 93117

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Yo Replicate, I'm heading down to the 818 Sunday morning/ afternoon, I can take you to simi if you throw me some gas money.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
YES SHERIDAN OH MY GOD

OFFICIALLY

THE GREATEST

TOURNAMENT

EVERrrr

god ima be broke

i better win money matches

dante fox i'm looking at you

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Rules for Recording!

After last weekend I realized socal commentary sucks serious chode, so if you want to commentate on my vids I'm gonna ask a couple things

1. Please don't talk about things totally irrelevant to melee. I don't mind if you're mentioning stuff that happened earlier at the tournament, but please don't go on a 1 minute tangent about bees vs wasps
2. Please don't scream into the mic unless something truly ****ing tight as **** happened.
3. Please don't state the incredibly obvious (aka don't commentate for the blind).
4. Please ask me before you commentate. I'm okay with 85% of you guys commentating but some people may not necessarily be fit for it. Also I want to make sure you know how to operate the recording because whoever commentates must also set and save all the matches since they are right next to my computer.

That's all. I can't think of anything else. Cursing is fine btw, I don't have any problem with it.

One last thing not related to audio, but still relevant to recording. PLEASE ASK ME IF YOU WANT ONE OF YOUR SETS RECORDED. People who don't need to ask to be recorded: Mango, lucky, wes, johnny, oscar, shroomed, sfat

Top Bottom