• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB: Another melee tournament, are we cool yet... BEING STREAMED!!!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
good post stab

it's true, most people aren't fit for commentating. a lot of people think it's just like, zomg let me hop on the mic and fart around, but the no. 1 thing should be not to distract from the match. you are not important. it's all about the match.

so if you've barely been playing this game and/or don't know nuances of the characters on the screen / aren't familiar with the skill level of who's playing, or simply don't like the matchup (the latter is usually why i stop commentating; if i'm not feeling it i'm not gonna monopolize da mic)

you probably should go play friendlies

WHA?

Smash Ace
QZZY's car has room for 1.

We're coming from Torrance, so if you can get a ride here or maybe if you're on the way for us, we can pick you up.

Probably gonna need $8 for gas. Also we're bringing 2 setups.
hey is this still available ?
are u both goin/comin on saturday (i got an appointment sunday morning )
got room for 1 more setup?

8156 kelvin ave canoga park ca 91306

if not

HEY J666!!!!! how u getting there

DanteFox

Smash Champion
johnny told me they already found housing but he didn't say where.

wha? here's where it is:

just ignore the circled part for P 24 that's actually not allowed for visitors to use. P 23 is the where you'll wanna park.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
hey is this still available ?
are u both goin/comin on saturday (i got an appointment sunday morning )
got room for 1 more setup?

8156 kelvin ave canoga park ca 91306

if not

HEY J666!!!!! how u getting there
Yep! Still availalble. Is $8 for gas again fine with you?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Excited to see matches from the tourney. Too bad I can't go.

Nonetheless, the most interesting commentary comes from having 1 calm and collected person (Wife, Adam, etc..) + 1 hype, yet sensible dude (HMW, S2J, etc...)

With that being said,

I nominate
Adam + S2J as a commentary team (if neither are playing)

Oscar has good commentary as well and would love to see him commentate matches that have spacies in it.

Stab is a mixed bag depending on who the secondary commentary is.

I can also see Bob$ being a great hype guy that's knowledgeable

Lastly, no more Dendi on commentary, I do not want to hear "OMG I CAME" and multiple moaning/sex noises on it.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i would love to commentate with oscar, robert dollars or johnny

matt's pretty solid too. thankfully alec is gone to minnesota for the summer.

btw wes ditched us for mango's car so if anyone needs a last-minute ride hit one of us up:

arian (crimson blur), matt (stabbed) and me (adam).

we're departing around 9am tomorrow morning and leaving the same night

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
shout out to judgment dragon for being such a beast in making sure my carpool had housing

not just for this tournament but the tournament prior

davriver209

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, looking to join in on the tourney. Do I just enter/pay when I get there? Do I have to bring certain items? I'm sorry, I'm fairly new to this and have no idea how these tournaments work...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Just show up, pay, and play. Bring a set up if you can.

And too bad about Daniel Lee not showing up. I wanted to see how much better I had gotten. :(

PS: Johnny's car for the most stacked car in melee history?

davriver209

Smash Rookie
Just show up, pay, and play. Bring a set up if you can.

And too bad about Daniel Lee not showing up. I wanted to see how much better I had gotten. :(

PS: Johnny's car for the most stacked car in melee history?
Thanks. I'm sorry, details I feel are vague since I'm new here. But is there anything absoutley necessary for me to bring, other than of course the fees for entry?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Thanks. I'm sorry, details I feel are vague since I'm new here. But is there anything absoutley necessary for me to bring, other than of course the fees for entry?
ur own controller is advised. i like to bring a bottle of water too cuz tourneys tend to take a while. other than that idk

D

Deleted member

we're leaving in the morning early

probably me wes oscar lucky nlt sure about mango

D

Deleted member

i dont know why you are saying wes when its mango and thats still a maybe

also, my roommates used my car and now the car battery is dead, garage opener isn't working for my apartment complex. So leaving tonight in the end wasn't even a possibility

worst case, we might miss teams though, probably gunna get things fixed up

DanteFox

Smash Champion
tell mango to stop being a punk. it'll be fun and armada won't be there so he doesn't have to worry about getting *****. ;D

also he's never been here before so it'll be a new experience.

KOcast

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. So, we were invited by Joey to stream the event on Twitch TV.

We just worked with Joey and Clayton earlier to ensure that there was no input lag when we split the game video with our powered component splitter. In addition, we received some input on the stream overlays. Hopefully we can provide a stream with similar quality to the APEX stream that Jaxel from 8wayrun did.

If anyone can't make it to the event tomorrow, you can watch it live at: www.twitch.tv/KOcast

D

Deleted member

after asking mango for a long time i'm probably not gunna pick his ****** a** up

Top Bottom