• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If you really think about it though, outside of a few of the new characters, they didnt really expand the roster very much. They just added from series that were already in the game. Nemesis, the 4th RE character, Dr Strange, to go along with Dormamu and Shuma, we got Hawkeye and Iron Fist who are the characters Taskmaster takes his moveset from. Firebrand from ghosts and goblins. And while everyone is happy strider is in the game, he's a character from MvC2, there's no reason he SHOULDNT have been in the game in the first place.

New to the line up, Racoon McCloud(as i will call him forever now), Ghost Rider, Pheonix Wright and Frank West.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
If you really think about it though, outside of a few of the new characters, they didnt really expand the roster very much. They just added from series that were already in the game. Nemesis, the 4th RE character, Dr Strange, to go along with Dormamu and Shuma, we got Hawkeye and Iron Fist who are the characters Taskmaster takes his moveset from. Firebrand from ghosts and goblins. And while everyone is happy strider is in the game, he's a character from MvC2, there's no reason he SHOULDNT have been in the game in the first place.

New to the line up, Racoon McCloud(as i will call him forever now), Ghost Rider, Pheonix Wright and Frank West.
Plus Frank West was in TvC so that narrows it down to 3 "new" characters.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
What? GTFOutta here with that ****. Strider means WAYYYYYY more to Marvel than MM. MM never did **** in this series.
Yeah, I'll take that back. Out of the Capcom ones, I think Vergil's the one they could've done without and replaced Megaman with the most. He better play different from Dante though.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
X Factor does look weaker now.If it's weaker, and level 3 doesn't last as long...I think this game will become much more popular competitively and will be played a lot.

Looking forward to trying a bunch of the new characters and of course stick to my one and only on point character Spencer. By the looks of it, his dive isn't a bounce (I'm about to rewatch to make sure) So he'll be able to extend combos woo woo.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Spencer got a new move. Im using Strider/Dante/Vergil
That team would be so awesome to watch.

But seriously....NEMESIS!

Firebrand/Nemesis/Sentinel Is a team I'm gonna try make work.

Sentinel X-factor in the air is gonna be too funny.

Combo>hard drive>xfactor>combo/hard drive.

If it works like that of course.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Blue Bomber seems to be out of site so I guess no one really cares about him, at least Capcom anyway.

Phoenix Wright looks awesome, I wonders how he's going to work?

:phone:

_Dice

Smash Ace
Blue Bomber seems to be out of site so I guess no one really cares about him, at least Capcom anyway.

Phoenix Wright looks awesome, I wonders how he's going to work?

his supers will be the coolest (besides doctor strange's inevitable lvl 3 that he causes you to disintegrate slowly)

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
What the ****.

I just noticed Strider has TWO level 3 hypers. One's the cinematic one, and now, for whatever reason, orbs are also level 3.

Really capcom? They last twice as long now...But still...

cutter

Smash Champion
Man I don't even know where to start... there's a lot I like about the game so far, and there's a lot I also hate too.

I'm just hoping MODOK doesn't get hit with the nerf bat. Considering Capcom is *** when it comes to character balace, I'm willing to bet MODOK gets nailed with some sort of nerf in the end.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What the ****.

I just noticed Strider has TWO level 3 hypers. One's the cinematic one, and now, for whatever reason, orbs are also level 3.

Really capcom? They last twice as long now...But still...
Yup, I guess they thought Ouroboros would be too good as a Level 1.
Unfortunately Strider can't build meter in Ouroboros in MvC3.

I expected Ragnarok to be a Level 3, but not Orbs as well.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Yes! Yes! YES!

Glad to see Virgil made it. Now I just need to pick the last character for my Joe/Vergil/? team. Although I'm a bit disappointed Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl didn't make the roster.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yup, I guess they thought Ouroboros would be too good as a Level 1.
Unfortunately Strider can't build meter in Ouroboros in MvC3.

I expected Ragnarok to be a Level 3, but not Orbs as well.
I hope they change it. I'd rather have a less ******** version for a 1 level hyper.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Am I the only one that absolutely hates the changes to the HUD? I like the new ability to trigger X-Factor in mid-air, though.

EDIT: Is Phoenix's level 5 like this yet?
ANOTHER EDIT: I see they haven't changed her at all. Excellent.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm trading it in for store credit and spending money to put towards a pre-order of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Turbo Super Mega Ultra Special Platinum Gold Collector's Arcade Game of the Year Edition HD Remix.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
>megaman isn't in the game
>mfw everyone complains

Stay mad, guys. Rather than try different characters, just release the same ga-...

HMMM.
I just wanna say I'm mad that I have to buy a different version of the game. I'm glad there are new characters (Ghostrider and Strider ftw), but I don't want to have to get a new game to play as them. I'm poor enough already.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
What about characters that actually deserve nerfs?

coughweaponXcough

Edit: I take back the rude comment from earlier. I might still play in lobbies, but ranked and player match are full of bad players...

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Ryu has a Hadoushoyuken (like gene splice)

He can charge his hadouken to make some sort of either invisible fireball that explodes on connecting, or a full screen explosion attack.

RYU IS PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS

cutter

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that absolutely hates the changes to the HUD? I like the new ability to trigger X-Factor in mid-air, though.

EDIT: Is Phoenix's level 5 like this yet?
ANOTHER EDIT: I see they haven't changed her at all. Excellent.
Phoenix can now only do one action in the air according to Floe. I would be surprised if this was the only nerf.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ahhh, how much has the damage and x factor been nerfed? I don't have time to watch the stream.

Firebrand is gonna be good as ****, calling it now.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Firebrand reminds me of an awesome version of Ridley, he looks too good, and what's up with that raccoon character? Who is he??

Also, Phoenix Wright FTW!!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Things are going to get awkward when Phoenix and Phoenix Wright have to call each other out on the same team.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Firebrand reminds me of an awesome version of Ridley, he looks too good, and what's up with that raccoon character? Who is he??

Also, Phoenix Wright FTW!!

Just some character that was mentioned a couple times in the "vote for your fav character" thread on SRK. I'm glad he got in.

Haggar takes damage when using Lariat from what I just saw on the stream.
Has it always been like that because I know he takes damage assist.
It's always been like that... >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wait, so they aren't gonna let people update like they did with Super Street fighter 4?
Uh, no. It's just like when they went from Street Fighter 4 to Super Street Fighter 4.

Things are going to get awkward when Phoenix and Phoenix Wright have to call each other out on the same team.
Hoping Wright mentions a copyright/identity theft suit.

Calling it, this is Wrights level 3 super.
[yt]IiU7gWuzb84#t=22s[/yt]

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ahhh, how much has the damage and x factor been nerfed? I don't have time to watch the stream.

Firebrand is gonna be good as ****, calling it now.
Firebrand looked good in the demo video alone.

It's looking good on this stream too.

Really quick projectiles and decent hypers.

Top Bottom