• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Expecting the answer to be a resounding 'no' but don't suppose there's been any mention of the dropped story mode making an appearance? :c
They said they brought Frank Tieri back. Again, all he's doing are endings and quotes.
I guess everyone misinterpreted what Capcom said about MvC3 having a story written and this is all it is.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

I guess everyone misinterpreted what Capcom said about MvC3 having a story written and this is all it is.
Then what's the dealio with this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doarx57Leyg

It's clearly story related. Why is Magneto stealing the T-Virus? What's C. Vipers deal here? Why didn't Galactus kill the ones responsible for draining power from his ship and instead making them heralds? And why Akuma?

There was clearly a 'Story' mode, but got dropped.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
On phone, can't post the bid, but Seth talks about a Days of Future Past stage that will feature excluded MvC vets for both sides.

I would laugh my ****ing *** off if Mega Man's picture had "CANCELED" stamped over it

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I really want a Megaman in.

But I kind of don't care that he didn't make it, since it also means we are not getting another goddamn streat fighter and that Phoenix Wright made it in.

That and Capcom seems to hate there own mascot right now, so it isn't surprising. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just dropping in to say that the poll wasn't an official one.

Not to ignore what Ono said, but still.
Quoted so people don't miss this. lol

The poll was put up by a Unity member so it wasn't a poll that Capcom would use to determine who should be in.
I'm expecting X and Venom to be DLC characters, to be honest.

Edit: But yeah, first post is updated with all the information I know, including mechanics, price, characters, etc.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That and Capcom seems to hate there own mascot right now, so it isn't surprising. :/
Capcom considers Servbot their mascot, and there's quite a few Servbots in the game.

This is a versus game, Street Fighter will always have priority over Mega Man

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I honestly think it has everything to do with Inafune leaving Capcom. He left and the Mega Man suddenly just stopped existing to Capcom, they canceled Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe and there's been literally nothing else Mega Man related since.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I honestly think it has everything to do with Inafune leaving Capcom. He left and the Mega Man suddenly just stopped existing to Capcom, they canceled Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe and there's been literally nothing else Mega Man related since.
Weren't Tron and Zero revealed for MvC3 well after Inafune left?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Weren't Tron and Zero revealed for MvC3 well after Inafune left?
Big difference is that 1) Tron was useful in MvC2 (compared to MM) and 2)Zero was in TvC, where he was a good character as well.

Seriously, I can understand people wanting Megaman in, but he's just not cut out for the game, in every Vs game he's been in, he's been awkward and not very good. Not aimed at you Kuma, just wanted to say that.

/shortrant

In other news, the thought of Phoenix Wright being highly played and high tier is funny.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, I don't give a damn about Megaman at all. I actually enjoyed trolling the Megaman fans that both Phoenix Wright and Poison got into fighting games and Megaman didn't at all.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^ Nobody played anything but Striderine or the occasional WM or Chun-Li or Gambit in MvC.

I agree with Kuma, Mega Man can disappear from these games altogether for all I care.

*inb4 'The real fans care you tourney ***'*

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think you mean Striderine, DWM, Strider Chun, and the occasional Red Venom.

Gambit wasn't much better than MM. There was one really good MM player but I can't remember his name.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Mega Man seemed intentionally bad in the two MvC games. Bad range, huge lag, crappy hitconfirms, charging a buster meant sacrificing push block, combos mainly if the opponent doesn't roll or tech, etc. I'd rather see X than MM just to see something interesting, but I won't whine about it. It would've been interesting to see a revamped Mega Man though.

Anyways, been looking at archived vids of the stream. Hsien-Ko honestly doesn't look that much different. She seems less floaty and a little faster, but I don't see any huge noticable differences. Zero's buster doesn't hard knockdown anymore (I think only soft). That's all I've noticed besides the obvious ones that people have already mentioned.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I wasn't counting secret characters. Dark Side Megaman had a good anti-MSP team with MM/Sent/Guile but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah well...I guess we won't wind up getting Carnage in a MvC or Marvel fighter or anything.

Hm....maybe in 2015 when Marvel vs DCU gets announced? ;)

Top Bottom