• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm still pissed at Akuma's inclusion tbqh.

The lack of MM doesn't bother me that much even though I love the games, but freaking Akuma. :mad088:

cutter

Smash Champion
Dormammu's flame carpet disappearing when he get hit is quite possibly the most ******** nerf so far. Seriously Capcom, do you want to just erase keepaway from existence?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm still pissed at Akuma's inclusion tbqh.

The lack of MM doesn't bother me that much even though I love the games, but freaking Akuma. :mad088:
Not to mention Vergil. I mean....are Devil May Cry characters going to wind up being the new Shotos now, with Vergil being the Akuma to Dante's Ryu?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Ryu looks like he has much more potential now. At the very least, he doesn't look more like, Less-than-Akuma the character.

I don't see Ghost Rider talked about much and I think he has a lot of potential. With a good assist, I think he'll be very good what what his long range moves (he has a move that pulls in AND grounds from full screen) in combination with his OTGs, he looks like a great character for DHCs (More out of than into) because his combos look very short without XFactor.

And I'm not sure about the damage in this game, but Firebrand looks very strong too. Not to mention his combos look classy as ****.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not to mention Vergil. I mean....are Devil May Cry characters going to wind up being the new Shotos now, with Vergil being the Akuma to Dante's Ryu?
You should hold off on statements like that until we see a vid of Vergil first.
We don't know for sure if he'll play the same move for move.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Since we're on the subject, you know what pissed me off about pre-release Fate of Two Worlds? The fact that people thought Phoenix Wright deserved to get in over Jean Grey. Of all people? Seriously? He's a lawyer who shouts, she's a god and one of the most iconic comic book characters of all time.

Savon

Smash Ace
MvC has pretty much made Phoenix a universally hated character in most aspects. I NEVER thought that Phoenix could be ruined in my eyes, but dammit MvC pulled it off.

On that note I am kinda dissapointed in the inclusion of Nova and Iron Fist. As awesome as they are comic wise, they do not bring much to the table in terms of gameplay. Regardless of them being good as character I do not think they will be particularly unique.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm really interested to see how Phoenix Wright will play. I wouldn't be surprised if other characters are part of his moveset.
Now that I think about it, Sissel from Ghost Trick would've been pretty neat as far as abilities go.
But Sissel's pretty obscure and would piss a lot of people off. :laugh:

Also, check out Eventhubs for more news on UMvC3. They mention stuff like supposedly better netcode, Gene and MM making it to only the final round of the selection process, among other stuff.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I noticed that the damage wasn't nerfed much at all... on xfactor or just straight damage.

WTF is the point of this capcom? Nerf dat ****.

Don't buff it. Morons...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So is anyone else here hoping that Rocket Raccoon plays like Cable?
If he does, Strider/Rocket Raccoon might be fun.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't get it. It was all Tron had goin for her.
Her combos are obnoxious once she gets going though.

Plus Sent got nerfed in a similar way.

People used to use him just for his assist when he had loads of health.

Tron gets used for the same reason, great health+**** assist.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The accents in that vid are pissing me off.

edit: I like your Spider Man. Reminds me of Marvel 2 since you almost never use x factor with him and he doesn't have 100% combos.

You still gonna rock SM/Dorm/Wesker?

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Her combos are obnoxious once she gets going though.

Plus Sent got nerfed in a similar way.

People used to use him just for his assist when he had loads of health.

Tron gets used for the same reason, great health+**** assist.
Sent was better on point.

And he still has his assist.
This.

It also doesn't help that they've nerfed Tron's j.H which was on of her best moves for approaching :(

Top Bottom