• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Vlade

Social Outcast
Zero's not really a good battery, especially when you have like, Magneto out there building 3 bars in one combo and doing 600k without using meter. Compared to Zero who you can get like 2 bars out of and 400k if you dont use meter. I've always thought of him as a pretty good anchor though. X-Factor 3 Sougenmu Zero is like, the silliest thing ever. Still, there's better choices.
I've gotten 550k in one combo without meter as a Zero player. Zero is actually widely considered one of the best batteries in the game, along with Wesker, Wolverine and Magneto. He may not be as efficient as Magneto but he definitely still gets the job done.

Also, Zero is much better on point with the aid of assists to extend his combos and pressure. Zero's assists are pretty bad as well so it's generally not a good idea to have him as anchor.

EDIT: Spewing about the Tron nerf. I've never used her but that Gustaff flame assist and her j.C was almost ALL she had (yeah I know she's got the big combos). Aside from those she is not a good character since she just cannot approach without j.C, and even with j.C it is still hard for her to get in. Hardly deserved nerfs if you ask me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So use Spidey as lead, Shuma as meter/damage/OTG stuff, got it. Thanks man.

Btw are these 12 new chars all they are adding? Really wanted venom ,-.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I've gotten 550k in one combo without meter as a Zero player. Zero is actually widely considered one of the best batteries in the game, along with Wesker, Wolverine and Magneto. He may not be as efficient as Magneto but he definitely still gets the job done.

Also, Zero is much better on point with the aid of assists to extend his combos and pressure. Zero's assists are pretty bad as well so it's generally not a good idea to have him as anchor.

EDIT: Spewing about the Tron nerf. I've never used her but that Gustaff flame assist and her j.C was almost ALL she had (yeah I know she's got the big combos). Aside from those she is not a good character since she just cannot approach without j.C, and even with j.C it is still hard for her to get in. Hardly deserved nerfs if you ask me.
What was your set up for 550k, I feel like i should know this.

Vlade

Social Outcast
What was your set up for 550k, I feel like i should know this.
(2A), 2B, 2C, 6C, 5A, 5B, 5C, 6C, 5A, 5B, 5C, S, j.B, j.B, release level 3 buster, L raikousen (hold L), S, j.B, j.B, j.C, j.S, call assist, H Sentsuizan, release level 3 buster, H Ryuenjin

You need to charge the buster while doing the loop at the beginning of the combo, I tend to alternate between A and C, if you just practise eventually you'll find the method for charging that's comfortable for you. Also note that in the 3rd repetition of the loop, there is no 6C. I found that if you hit with an assist or an aerial move at the start of the combo, hit stun deterioration kicks in at the end of the combo causing the j.C to not connect, which is why I don't do the 6C.

Also, the last bit of the combo only works in the corner, because otherwise the j.S knocks them too far away to OTG with Sentsuizan. However, on most characters, the combo will always get them into the corner for the assist + sentsuizan setup.

There are many different assists that can be used. I've personally used Dante's Jam Session, Phoenix's TK Shot, Ammy's Cold Star, Taskmaster's Horizontal Arrows and Akuma's Tatsu to success. Depending on the assist, you have to time the Sentuizan so that it OTGs just as the assist hits. Then after that, depending on the assist, you may have to jump and then release the buster, then do the L teleport into H Ryuenjin (or Rekkoha for more damage, but then it wouldn't be meterless). Otherwise you can just release the buster while standing and then Ryuenjin/Rekkoha.

You may also replace the Ryuenjin at the end with 5A as a reset. When they recover in the air you can go for an air throw and then combo after that, a j.A to beat an attempt to tech the throw and then do the air loop, or a standing L teleport to go behind them and then just do the same combo at the top of this post.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My friend is also trying to make a team. He wants his lead to be Akuma or Deadpool. We're trying to find out what characters compliment this, maybe Akuma / Deadpool / Doom? Iunno. :S

Actually, I read that Akuma needs Hidden Missiles to get peeps off him.

Akuma/Meter Builder/Sentinel?

Or if Sentinel sucks, Doom?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
(2A), 2B, 2C, 6C, 5A, 5B, 5C, 6C, 5A, 5B, 5C, S, j.B, j.B, release level 3 buster, L raikousen (hold L), S, j.B, j.B, j.C, j.S, call assist, H Sentsuizan, release level 3 buster, H Ryuenjin

You need to charge the buster while doing the loop at the beginning of the combo, I tend to alternate between A and C, if you just practise eventually you'll find the method for charging that's comfortable for you. Also note that in the 3rd repetition of the loop, there is no 6C. I found that if you hit with an assist or an aerial move at the start of the combo, hit stun deterioration kicks in at the end of the combo causing the j.C to not connect, which is why I don't do the 6C.
Lol ryuenjin. I hate that move so much. It's just so bad and it feels really punishable. Couldnt you do an aerial buster release into Raikosen instead? At least then you could go for a reset after since you're less punishable.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Eh on second thought.

Akuma(leg spin move) / Doom (Missiles?) / Sentinel (missiles)

Cover Akuma so he lives to do damage, Doom build meter, Sentinel can use meter and do damage, or swap out to Akuma.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Couldnt you do an aerial buster release into Raikosen instead? At least then you could go for a reset after since you're less punishable.
Yeah, that's what Zero's generally do. Ryuuenjin is more like a rare combo finisher.
Assist>Sentsuizan>S>j. level 3 charge buster>Raikousen>Sentsuizan>Sentsuizan is what I usually do as a non-meter finisher.
Obviously this varies depending on the assist. But you probably already know all this anyways.

The last Sentsuizan does a force tech so I'll call my second assist (Drones or whatever) right before to cover the screen to start my next mixup by doing j.S to Hienkyaku or whatever.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Lol ryuenjin. I hate that move so much. It's just so bad and it feels really punishable. Couldnt you do an aerial buster release into Raikosen instead? At least then you could go for a reset after since you're less punishable.
It's not like it's punishable when used in a combo :p But yes ryuenjin's only use is as a combo ender.

Read the last part of the post where I explain how you can go into a reset. Jumping buster into raikousen would probably work as well.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, a good team with Akuma and Deadpool.. meh. Akuma is kinda bad on point, and Deadpool isn't much better. Who compliments them?

Vlade

Social Outcast
So, a good team with Akuma and Deadpool.. meh. Akuma is kinda bad on point, and Deadpool isn't much better. Who compliments them?
Try running Dante on point? He benefits from Akuma's Tatsu assist and I think Dante + Deadpool would have good DHC synergy. You can go from Million Dollars into Deadpool's guns, and when Deadpool is on point you can use his Cutting Time super and then DHC into Dante's Devil Trigger for the DHC trick.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
People should stop using DHC trick based teams now.

It's only gonna screw them up when Ultimate comes out I imagine.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Um, what are DHC Glitch Tricks?

Also, ended up with Spidey/Shuma/Akuma. I'm thinking Ammy may do better over Akuma, but idk anything about her. When I have time I plan on practicing.

Also again, my friend is using Wolverine/Deadpool/Akuma now. He is doing soooo much better.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Some characters' hyper combos (X-23/Storm hyper with the Z motion on the stick) can be cancelled early into another character (like Beserker Charge).

This will reset the damage and hitstun scaling for a longer combo.

Everything you need to know about the game is on Youtube and Shoryuken.com.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Oh, I thought maybe it was DHC canceling in general, and I was like "dang that sucks"

Thanks for all the help. Pretty sure I'm going to do Ammy once I learn her.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
DRILL CLAW UNACCEPTABLE. GRAAAA, HU AH HAA! DRILL CLAW, SO LONG BUB, FATAL CLAW, X FACTOR, SO LONG BUB FATAL CLAW! Hyper combo k.o. Player 1 wins! Mine will grow back.. Yours on the other hand..

Top Bottom