• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
This is dumb. We both know Clockwork could just super cancel and win =\
If Clockw0rk used Phoenix Rage, there wouldn't be anything stopping Nerdjosh from doing the same thing. Since Nerdjosh's came out second, it would have priority. Clockw0rk's only option would be to jump back, airdash diagonally, and try Teleport H.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hsien ko has a faster drop in her normal jumps and faster henkyo ki startup now. slightly hype for more changes but i'm sure she'll still mostly just be that gdlk assist character

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
hsien ko has a faster drop in her normal jumps and faster henkyo ki startup now. slightly hype for more changes but i'm sure she'll still mostly just be that gdlk assist character
Not if that rumor about enhancements like Devil Trigger and Berserker Charge being timed while the character's an assist is true.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If Clockw0rk used Phoenix Rage, there wouldn't be anything stopping Nerdjosh from doing the same thing. Since Nerdjosh's came out second, it would have priority. Clockw0rk's only option would be to jump back, airdash diagonally, and try Teleport H.
Nerd josh has soooooo many bars to use that super :troll:

My phone is dumb, how did i multiquote there

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Clock said that Phoenixes air game was heavily nerfed and her zoning game because of it... honestly, with the X-factor nerf 2 and the fact that you get free TAC's against Phoenix teams cause they also mash to the side now means that, even if you ca't chip Phoenox in on the way now, it doesn't matter: she's not as good. I expect her to still be easy as **** to win with and a high tier character, but with a nerfed air and zoning game, less speed and less damage, I can't see how she'd still be top tier. She's definitely a more balanced high tier character now.

Because she's no longer roflstomp, I'm switching to Strider. Apparently, X-factor orbs is stronger then X-factor DPH... With Phoenix being nerfed, and that being true, I can see strider kicking major ***. Orbs= free character or 2 if your decent. They last so long now, it's less about doing chip then it is about keeping them locked down and just rushing them until you open them up. It happens rather quick, I gather.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I don't think it's just wall-bouncing. If it was, Spencer would instantly move up to God tier status. Using a side TAC is the only way.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh yeah sorry, that's what I meant.

So a sideways Aerial exchange combo removes a meter from your opponent, is that correct?

That's pretty cool I guess.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Yeah, and it puts a huge handicap on Phoenix teams, because they're going to have to hold side no matter what the opponent does if they want to keep their hyper gauge intact. That means free meters for the opponent.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Actually, I wonder if that exploit that allows you to block on both sides simultaneously also works for team aerial combos. If so, I can block wall bounces and down spikes at the same time. HUEHUEHUE

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I was told by a fairly reliable source it doesn't work on PS3 controllers.

Also what the hell does Firebrand's "stone" hyper do?

Does it make him take less damage and that's it?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There's a rumor floating about that it does for everyone with similar hypers. Dante's Devil Trigger, Hsien-Ko's Henkyo Ki, Wolverine's Berserker Charge, etc. Personally, I've been of the opinion that Phoenix's Healing Field should have carried over while she was an assist, but that's just me.

Savon

Smash Ace
I still really hope that they are going to fix the fundamental issues with the game to make it more playable. The DHC glitch being gone is a really good start. So does the x-factor nerf, although XFC in the air is still something that could be problematic.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I thought about X-factor and I think activating it in different states should change the effect.

For example if using X-factor in a combo it only acts as a roman cancel with no power boost/speed boost.

Using it in a neutral state grants the speed/power boost though. None of that 20 second x-factor lvl 3 bull**** though.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I was told by a fairly reliable source it doesn't work on PS3 controllers.

Also what the hell does Firebrand's "stone" hyper do?

Does it make him take less damage and that's it?
aerial speed up.

Everyone I see thinks it's a stone form, don't know why.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm polarized.

on one hand, I love how Strider and Nova(a marvel character who i liked from Annihilation) are going in. Arthur getting buffs are a godsend, since the new guy Firebrand looks every bit as annoying as he was at the checkpoints in GnG.

but on the other hand, I'm ashamed that they would do this as a retail game. this could have honestly have been add-ons. and at the sacrifice of MML3, which seems to allude they are dodging MM games since Inafune left. I't like as if Nintendo Cancelled Kid Icarus uprising and then announced a new Ocarina 3D with Majora's Mask added. it's the same feeling. and I don't know what to do now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
would you guys consider what's been done to ryu'S shinku hadouken a nerf or a buff?
Overall, it seems like a buff to me. Ryu's looking pretty solid right now, imo.
but on the other hand, I'm ashamed that they would do this as a retail game. this could have honestly have been add-ons. and at the sacrifice of MML3, which seems to allude they are dodging MM games since Inafune left. I't like as if Nintendo Cancelled Kid Icarus uprising and then announced a new Ocarina 3D with Majora's Mask added. it's the same feeling. and I don't know what to do now.
It's better that it's done retail. They were charging 5 dollars per DLC character which would've been 60 dollars.
With 12 new characters, 8 new stages, rebalancing, new colors, I doubt they would've give us a price lower than 40 dollars.

Top Bottom