• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

TL?

Smash Ace
Overall, it seems like a buff to me. Ryu's looking pretty solid right now, imo.

It's better that it's done retail. They were charging 5 dollars per DLC character which would've been 60 dollars.
With 12 new characters, 8 new stages, rebalancing, new colors, I doubt they would've give us a price lower than 40 dollars.
I'm a bit tired of hearing this argument. $5 a for each individual character was a massive rip off in mvc3 and saying umvc3 is a good deal compared to a massive rip off isn't a very strong argument. I'm going to have to wait for this to come out to decide whether this upgrade is worth the $40. If the online is improved as well as the overall character balance it could definately be worth it. But untill then it feels silly to say whether or not a game that isn't out will be worth it's price.

As far as DLC vs retail goes. I kinda like the new discs better, I like having everything on disc and i like not having to bring hard drives with me. Plus this lets them really upgrade/change anything.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm a bit tired of hearing this argument. $5 a for each individual character was a massive rip off in mvc3 and saying umvc3 is a good deal compared to a massive rip off isn't a very strong argument. I'm going to have to wait for this to come out to decide whether this upgrade is worth the $40. If the online is improved as well as the overall character balance it could definately be worth it. But untill then it feels silly to say whether or not a game that isn't out will be worth it's price.

As far as DLC vs retail goes. I kinda like the new discs better, I like having everything on disc and i like not having to bring hard drives with me. Plus this lets them really upgrade/change anything.
Herp derp I can read well

It's better that it's done retail. They were charging 5 dollars per DLC character which would've been 60 dollars.
With 12 new characters, 8 new stages, rebalancing, new colors, I doubt they would've give us a price lower than 40 dollars.

I think Minato was saying that it was better that they release it as another game entirely rather than nickel and dime us to death with add-ons.

Smooth Criminal

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Don't you worry, guys. It may seem like Phoenix has been nerfed, but I can assure you, I'll make you hate her even more. :troll:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
In fairness though, you can get your meter back as easily as they can take it away.

Just like you though, that's the direction they will be expecting.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I've been doing Spidey[Web Ball] / Shuma [Mystic Ray] with an assortment of thirds.

I actually don't like how Akuma feels.

Ammy is awesome but her movepool kinda overwhelms me.

Sentinel..is still kinda god like tbh...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm kinda mad I bought Marvel vs. Capcom.

I'm not buying ultimate until I'm sure there is no Super Hyper Mega version afterward

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
that's pretty gigantic. They pretty much took away her run-away game.
Her pressure game against Sentinel also took a huge hit. Can you believe people still want more nerfs for her? There's a fine line between deserved changes and being excessive. She already has the lowest health in the game, side TACs and Morrigan's Skull Fist take away her meter, and she can hardly keep up if someone starts running away from her. Capcom needs to focus on buffing Spider-Man and Thor.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
PLEASE buff Thor, this guy has a Jab that is the slowest thing I've ever seen. Make his over speed faster, and lower his lag on certain moves like Cr.M

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Spiderman

NOTHING TO REPORT

EDIT: Guys I have new ideas for Spiderman:

Web Glide and Web Swing to a side of the screen will cause Spiderman to "stick" to the wall. From here he can climb up and down on it or just jump off (he'll fly about half screen range). He can only stick to a wall once b4 he is forced to land.

Web Net: Like Trish's 'Peekaboo' move but can be placed on the ground/wall/middle of the screen. A very small net that will freeze someone for Spiderman to grab by Web Throw, attack with Maximum Spider, or even trap into UTW.

LV.3 Ultimate Spiderman: Spiderman transforms into Ultimate Spiderman. Web Ball, and Web Net sizes and speeds increase. Multiple web balls can be thrown at once. Web Throw > Web Slam, where Spiderman slams opponent on the ground. Ground dashes have invincibility and phase through opponents. Spider Sting > Ultimate Beatdown, starts off with Spider Sting ground bounce for air combo or can be extended into a fast Crawler Assault kind of combo.

Feedback would be cool.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Feedback would be cool.
Okay.

Web Glide and Web Swing to a side of the screen will cause Spiderman to "stick" to the wall. From here he can climb up and down on it or just jump off (he'll fly about half screen range). He can only stick to a wall once b4 he is forced to land.
Yes.

Web Net: Like Trish's 'Peekaboo' move but can be placed on the ground/wall/middle of the screen. A very small net that will freeze someone for Spiderman to grab by Web Throw, attack with Maximum Spider, or even trap into UTW.
Yes.

LV.3 Ultimate Spiderman: Spiderman transforms into Ultimate Spiderman. Web Ball, and Web Net sizes and speeds increase. Multiple web balls can be thrown at once. Web Throw > Web Slam, where Spiderman slams opponent on the ground. Ground dashes have invincibility and phase through opponents. Spider Sting > Ultimate Beatdown, starts off with Spider Sting ground bounce for air combo or can be extended into a fast Crawler Assault kind of combo.
No.

The web net and wall-sticking fit with Spider-Man completely. He's done it in the comics and it would make him a much more interesting character to play. The Ultimate Spider-Man is just... what.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Her pressure game against Sentinel also took a huge hit. Can you believe people still want more nerfs for her? There's a fine line between deserved changes and being excessive. She already has the lowest health in the game, side TACs and Morrigan's Skull Fist take away her meter, and she can hardly keep up if someone starts running away from her. Capcom needs to focus on buffing Spider-Man and Thor.
further nerfs are completely dependent on how big the x-factor changes are.

cutter

Smash Champion
Want to know what would have been a better nerf for Phoenix?

Captain Corridor.

MvC3 is sorely missing a powerful AAA that keepaway teams desperately need to keep rushdown honest. Not only that, because of the Corridor's broken hitbox, it would put a stop from Phoenix superjumping up to spam fireballs -> teleport -> repeat or mash her rapidfire low short. Any team that has CapCom could instantly call him once you heard the high-pitched sound from the startup of TK Shot, blasting that ***** from the sky and taking a huge chunk of her life off in the process.

But noooooo, Capcom doesn't like assists such as Corridor or invincible AAAs that lock your opponent down or tell them to GTFO.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Unless he's talking about the incarnation of Spider-Man where he took on Captain Universe's power. :troll:

Smooth Criminal

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we'll see what kind of assists the new umvc3 characters. i mean jam session is already really good lol. we'll see if there are more aaa's like corridor

man the animation on captain corridor is so clean haha

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So played MvC3 all night. Ran into these problems:

My Team:

Spiderman

-Good ways to get in? Web Zip (S+Atk) is what I rely on, but it gets quite predictable. Web Swing sometimes, but it leads to air attacks; I don't know where to go from there...

-Ways to use his Hypers. Max. Spider seems to always get blocked even if used in a combo, an Assault... idk.

Shuma Gorath:

-Everything. Mystic Ball is good, his Spike Ball super is good, his onorthodox attacking is good, but that seems it. Even though it's trippy, it gets predictable after a while. I can't seem to make his other moves even work in a battle...

Ammy:

-I seem to rely on the Ice Weapon. Cheap and Spam. That and lv1 super. I need tips with the other weapons, the sword in particular

Sentinel:

-Is this even a good idea?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
So played MvC3 all night. Ran into these problems:

My Team:

Spiderman

-Good ways to get in? Web Zip (S+Atk) is what I rely on, but it gets quite predictable. Web Swing sometimes, but it leads to air attacks; I don't know where to go from there...

-Ways to use his Hypers. Max. Spider seems to always get blocked even if used in a combo, an Assault... idk.
Getting in with Spidey isn't hard abuse the multiple angles he can come in from (zips, air dashes, web swings, etc) and most importantly don't forget simple things such as just dashing in and doing lows. Once your in though landing a clean hit becomes difficult.

As far his supers his generic BnB involves ground strings into launcher h.web swing -> MS. Crawler assault for all intents and purposes is useless. Comboing into it is less productive then comboing into MS.

Also Spidey and Sent work really well together. Drones act as good cover for air dashes and zip lines and they can do some pretty devastating web throw combo's. (They are highly situational though) Also (I forget which assist) Shuma's assist works as a good OTG for spidey.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ How do I work OTG for Spidey btw? I was trying to do L M H Spider Sting S > AirLx2, AirM, hard M, S >
Assist as fast as I can but it seems to reset the combo...

Can I not use OTG to do that? I guess I need to know when to put the OTG in.

Also, I've considered using Sentinel over Ammy, but I feel if I take the effort to learn her it'll pay off in the long run...

Off topic, I wish Strider could work well with Spiderman. He looks mad fun. Here's hoping.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
^ How do I work OTG for Spidey btw? I was trying to do L M H Spider Sting S > AirLx2, AirM, hard M, S >
Assist as fast as I can but it seems to reset the combo...

Can I not use OTG to do that? I guess I need to know when to put the OTG in.

Also, I've considered using Sentinel over Ammy, but I feel if I take the effort to learn her it'll pay off in the long run...

Off topic, I wish Strider could work well with Spiderman. He looks mad fun. Here's hoping.
Mystic Ray assist is slow, so you have to use web zip to S after j. M j.M j.H.

Spiderman will hit the ground quicker for OTG to hit.

OR

Use a faster assist (Deadpool Katana-Rama)

Top Bottom