• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm! i'm watching the capcom unity event direct captures featured on srk. shoutoutz 2 team darkstalkers!!! ahhh <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man strider looks really really good. he does so much damage and ragnarok is easy to combo into. super low health but whatevs haha

his robot animals and that one fire orb come out really fast too, they're spammable. lookin like a really solid character

TL?

Smash Ace
I hear rocket punch to hyper sentinel force doesnt combo anymore. I really hope they don't keep it that way.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
^ How do I work OTG for Spidey btw? I was trying to do L M H Spider Sting S > AirLx2, AirM, hard M, S >
Assist as fast as I can but it seems to reset the combo...

Can I not use OTG to do that? I guess I need to know when to put the OTG in.

Also, I've considered using Sentinel over Ammy, but I feel if I take the effort to learn her it'll pay off in the long run...

Off topic, I wish Strider could work well with Spiderman. He looks mad fun. Here's hoping.
Every time you otg with spidey after a long combo you have to go into web throw. It does 150k unscaled and you can TK-MS after it for additional damage.

Looking at your combo you won't benefit much damage wise. Spidey's basic BnB's usually involve hitting with 2 web swings and a sting. With various mediums and hards inbetween. I'm to lazy to write out my BnB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKBZLUHS4Es&feature=related @ 12:50 I do a basic BnB that uses the otg.

The biggest buff of having an OTG though is that airthrows become deadly. I hit 800k easy if spidey catches anyone in an air grab.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I hear rocket punch to hyper sentinel force doesnt combo anymore. I really hope they don't keep it that way.
mm well, it's not that big a problem. he can still rocket punch to the plasma ball, and also tiger knee rocket punch to hard drive.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
for umvc3 i'm lookin at some combination of...

100% gonna use hsien ko

other chars... x-23, doom, morrigan, strider. also waiting to see the 8 other chars to see what's interesting!

doom and morrigan both look really good now. i'm hyped to get my hands on em

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Doom has been my boy from the get go.

I used Doom/Sent/Akuma for the longest time, then tried replacing him with Magneto then Spencer (DHC trick lol)

But it never felt the same.

Strider/Dante/Vergil will be the new Wesker/Dante/whoever

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Doom has been my boy from the get go.

I used Doom/Sent/Akuma for the longest time, then tried replacing him with Magneto then Spencer (DHC trick lol)

But it never felt the same.

Strider/Dante/Vergil will be the new Wesker/Dante/whoever
Zero/Wesker/Dante you mean lol

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmm... Spiderman(Web Ball)/Sentinel(Force Drones)/Wesker(OTG) is feeling good too. Decisions =/...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that sounds pretty good for an offense team. just gotta be really godlike w/ spidey

if spidey dies, can you win w/ sentinel/wesker combo? maybe wesk doesnt do much to help sent.

wesk is a better anchor, but he is also good 2nd with drone assist. idk up to you

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, out of the 3 Spiderman is my best. I can do alright with Sentinel too, but I've only played Wesker a bit. I'll need to practice a lot for sure.

Another thought was Spiderman/Deadpool/Sentinel.

Can Sent be an anchor though? >.>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes level 3 sent has always been pretty good, just gotta know how to open people up. unless you use x-factor earlier in the match... it's can get pretty tough to open people up with regular sent.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
First thing is first, gotta try Wesker in the morning. Spiderman/Shuma Gorath/Sentinel could work also, but my problem stems from OTG. His OTG Assist is slow >.> and for some reason I can't land Web Zip > S to save my life... maybe I'm just tired.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
First thing is first, gotta try Wesker in the morning. Spiderman/Shuma Gorath/Sentinel could work also, but my problem stems from OTG. His OTG Assist is slow >.> and for some reason I can't land Web Zip > S to save my life... maybe I'm just tired.
oh jeez I forgot you were using Shuma's otg. You can actually get better damage from a 1 meter combo with Spidey/Shuma you gotta do launch -> TK-web-throw up -> shuma assist -> webthrow TK MS. It's a lot harder but the damage is pretty nice.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I was just wondering of Patriotic Zero played there.

It seems Pink Reaper does.

I haven't checked the yugioh thread in the pool room in ages.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If he's having that much trouble with web zip to S how is he gonna do something significantly harder? Lol.

Just pick Wolverine and do 900k with a BnB combo :awesome:
I'll still give it a try. I've been seriously trying to be good at this for...4 days so it'll be a bit before I can do that.

I finally did the Spiderman mission that involves doing L/M/H Air after a web zip followed up be crouch H / Web swing the other day XD.

Top Bottom