• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uniter Of The Worlds: Lloyd Irving for SSB4

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Frost speaks truth. Just ignore the ignorant, Falkoopa.

Kinda expecting Gene to show up and try to speak sarcastically about Lloyd though.

Also Frost thanks to you now I can't help thinking dedekong is "Dark Diddy Kong".

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
At least it's not Dark Ness.

Pfft, this would make great comedy fodder for Cless Alvein if Adventure Mode had dialogue.

Cless: So you used to defeated your "nightmare" long times ago Ness?

Pit: Hmm, wouldn't that count as Ness's dark side?

Cless: You mean like... Dark... Ness?

Pit: Yo Cless, enough with puns. You've said them a plenty today for our liking.

Cless: Whah? I didn't do any pun now! I just said "Dark Ness!"

Pit: Don't say that anymore, I beg you...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All this talk of Dark Ness reminded me of this comic from BitF.

Nintendo surely loves creating dark versions of their protagonists, no?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All this talk of Dark Ness reminded me of this comic from BitF.

Nintendo surely loves creating dark versions of their protagonists, no?
Actually, that's the reason why I even mentioned Dark Ness to begin with.

Still want to see Darnkey Karng, D.R.O.B., and Darth though.

.Alone

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRawkHawk
Tales of Symphonia is without a doubt an amazing game, and it easily ranks within my top 5 favorite games of all time. Lloyd has my undying support to be in the next Smash roster, and if he makes it in he will definitely be my new main.

I have probably played through Symphonia at least 10 times, I know the game like the back of my hand. If Lloyd made it in, my life would be made.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tales of Symphonia is without a doubt an amazing game, and it easily ranks within my top 5 favorite games of all time. Lloyd has my undying support to be in the next Smash roster, and if he makes it in he will definitely be my new main.

I have probably played through Symphonia at least 10 times, I know the game like the back of my hand. If Lloyd made it in, my life would be made.
Yoyo! Seems like another long-time supporter, I presume? I'll be glad to add you on the support list. (-l<><-)_d

Speaking of Symphonia, I just found out about these rumors that resurfaced just a while ago:

RUMOR: Tales Of Symphonia - Perfect Edition-remaster for PS3?

I really, REALLY hope this is true and along with that, I really pray this will come to Wii U, INCASE this rumor becomes true.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I really, REALLY hope this is true and along with that, I really pray this will come to Wii U, INCASE this rumor becomes true.
I hope it comes to the Wii U as well. It's kinda funny, the Tales series directoy mentioned the series was skipping Nintendo systems because there wasn't an audience for the series, yet IIRC ToS sold better than any other game in the series, and was on the Gamecube.

Edit: Speaking of the rumoured HD remake, dedekong has some new stupidity for us.

D

Deleted member

I hope it comes to the Wii U as well. It's kinda funny, the Tales series directoy mentioned the series was skipping Nintendo systems because there wasn't an audience for the series, yet IIRC ToS sold better than any other game in the series, and was on the Gamecube.

Edit: Speaking of the rumoured HD remake, dedekong has some new stupidity for us.
I have a PS3, so it might be my chance to check Tales of Symphonia out. Maybe I would become a Lloyd supporter then?

But yeah, I have a feeling that if Mega Man gets confirmed at E3 that Lloyd Irving could be his new troll bait in his attempt to demoralize fans. Though it's time to drop the topic...

D

Deleted member

Do you not own a Wii/GC? That version isn't super expensive(at least not compared to some GC gameI've seen).
I do own a Wii, but I lack a Gamecube controller sadly. Then again, I'm lazy and have way too many games I want (despite the only upcoming games I'm anticipating right now being Bayonetta 2 and Smash 4), so it's why I'm placing my hope on the Tales of Symphonia for PS3 rumor to be true.

.Alone

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRawkHawk
Yoyo! Seems like another long-time supporter, I presume? I'll be glad to add you on the support list. (-l<><-)_d

Speaking of Symphonia, I just found out about these rumors that resurfaced just a while ago:

I have been supporting Lloyd, Kratos, and Zelos since I bought Symphonia in '04.

As for the perfect edition, I read about it earlier on Facebook, and immediately made a topic about it on Gamefaqs. However, coming from a long time Tales of fan, I can say first hand that you must not get your hopes up. Even if it were true, we most likely would not get the same voice actors in the perfect edition, which would be devastating.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I have been supporting Lloyd, Kratos, and Zelos since I bought Symphonia in '04.

As for the perfect edition, I read about it earlier on Facebook, and immediately made a topic about it on Gamefaqs. However, coming from a long time Tales of fan, I can say first hand that you must not get your hopes up. Even if it were true, we most likely would not get the same voice actors in the perfect edition, which would be devastating.
You know, I know that the voice actors from DOTNW were kinda bad (though not all of them), but I just really, REALLY think they need to step up their game. But I also hope that fans who have resentment to them would try to give them one more shot. I dunno if we truly get the original voice actors back (or recycled voice clips for the same parts of the game like usual), but I also wish that fans would let these current actors have one more chance, in order to make them do much better. Blowing on the same piece of carbon, you get me?

But that's just me.

.Alone

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRawkHawk
You know, I know that the voice actors from DOTNW were kinda bad (though not all of them), but I just really, REALLY think they need to step up their game. But I also hope that fans who have resentment to them would try to give them one more shot. I dunno if we truly get the original voice actors back (or recycled voice clips for the same parts of the game like usual), but I also wish that fans would let these current actors have one more chance, in order to make them do much better. Blowing on the same piece of carbon, you get me?

But that's just me.
There is no chance of them being in the perfect edition, as Nintendo owns that translation. Not to mention they were union actors, so Namco would have to pay more to have them work, as opposed to voice actors that aren't part of the union.

For Smash on the other hand, they could get Scott Menville in to voice for Lloyd, but they would just have to be willing to pay a little more for him. Nintendo was willing to do it once for ToS, so hopefully they would be willing to do it again for Smash, if he makes the roster.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just started ToS a few days ago. I can already see why Lloyd is well liked. I see A LOT of potential for him in Smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Uh. On my way to the second seal. It's hard to say for certain for right now. I was playing it yesterday but had to help my girlfriend pack to come home from college today, so I forget exactly where I am.

It will be an incredibly long summer trying to get Symphonia done. I can already tell -_-

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Uh. On my way to the second seal. It's hard to say for certain for right now. I was playing it yesterday but had to help my girlfriend pack to come home from college today, so I forget exactly where I am.

It will be an incredibly long summer trying to get Symphonia done. I can already tell -_-
Pfft....

You're still at the very beginning.

Good luck. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Pfft....

You're still at the very beginning.

Good luck. :p
Yea I figured. Maybe I can sneak in a few hours every day and then I can consistently get some more done. If Lloyd gets revealed, I will be playing that game non-stop.

Also, something I took note of. While I can kind of see what people are talking about when comparing the Tales gameplay and Smash gameplay, yes, they are similar, but not THAT similar. makes me wonder if there is a little bit more to having the tales team in there working on the game...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yea I figured. Maybe I can sneak in a few hours every day and then I can consistently get some more done. If Lloyd gets revealed, I will be playing that game non-stop.

Also, something I took note of. While I can kind of see what people are talking about when comparing the Tales gameplay and Smash gameplay, yes, they are similar, but not THAT similar. makes me wonder if there is a little bit more to having the tales team in there working on the game...
Indeed, it's not that similar. I could say it's mere coincidence, since other's just made for a fighting game while other is a real-time RPG battle engine.
Tales Of VS though makes me think of what we'd get if Tales Of had a fighting game, and needless to say, it sorta looks like Smash Bros (except they could have done much better stages and worked more on A.I).

Also I tell you, Symphonia's not the sort of game you'll just play in short bursts, you gotta truly dedicate yourself to it. I think the game eats about 40-50 hours for single playthrough (maybe if including the sidequests)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright, I just finished the second seal last night.

Can I just say how upset I will be if Lloyd get's beaten out by Pac-Man? UGH. That would supremely frustrate me. Lloyd is PERFECT for Smash Bros.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mena i'm sure I would get used to him, but it seems to me like people expect Pac-Man moreso than WANT him. Lloyd appears to be the other way around, but is also screwed with the debate on who should represent the series as a whole.

I don't know much about the series, but it seems to me like Lloyd should be the Tales character. Sure, Cress(Cless? idk which it is...) was the first protagonist, but Tales of Symphonia was one of the top selling installments, and an incredibly popular Gamecube game. Lloyd also appeared in Soul Caliber at one point, not that that even matters really.

Is Lloyd considered a series mascot in any way? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
It's tough to say because there really isn't a strongly defined mascot for the series from my perspective. If you want to consider strictly Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2 it's definitely safe to say he's the mascot but more difficult to say for the series in general.

If I also remember correctly if you ever encounter a stationary dungeon enemy that is a giant black skull you should make sure to defeat those before you move on to the next 'big' area. I believe you'll need to fight both of them otherwise there will be some bonus content you will miss out on.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Right- though it may be a bit too difficult for your first try, so save first in case you die horribly.

I wonder if the Tales games will ever get some sort of HD remake. If they put out ToS for the Wii U with smoother animations and redone graphics and, ooh, a new playable character (Yuan?) I'd definitely buy it.

How do people feel about how Lloyd plays in Super Flash Bros.? He isn't exactly how I'd picture him, but he's still pretty fun in my opinion.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Lloyd sucks in Super Smash Flash 2. I can get what they tried to do but in the end it ended up kind of badly. The ToS stage is better then him somehow.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I certainly like some of his more spammable moves (phoenix crest and a very side smash) but he definitely doesn't feel like Lloyd. In ToS, he's a combo maniac while in Flash Bros. he pretty much is just knocking enemies away, re-engaging, knocking them away etc.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I have a playtrhough of ToS going, but I haven't picked it up in a long time and I have no idea where I was.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I asked my friend at work today what he would think of Lloyd in Smash Bros. He is predominately a PS3 player. But he told me that if Lloyd were announced for Smash 4, he would get a Wii U specifically for it.

Granted it doesn't mean much, but it isn't like Lloyd wouldn't draw hype, which appears to be an argument against him.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Pac-Man does get a lot more votes than a Tales rep in general in the West, but considering that a Tales rep is very strongly demanded in Japan and that I wouldn't be surprised if a noticeable portion of Pac-Man supporters just voted him out of the expectations of seeing him, I wouldn't be surprised if a Tales rep was overall, more wanted.

Plus a Tales rep has interest from the Tales producer who is working on the game. Considering we've heard nothing on Pac-Man, this makes me think the rep they want is more likely a Tales rep.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be fair, Pac-Man does get a lot more votes than a Tales rep in general in the West, but considering that a Tales rep is very strongly demanded in Japan and that I wouldn't be surprised if a noticeable portion of Pac-Man supporters just voted him out of the expectations of seeing him, I wouldn't be surprised if a Tales rep was overall, more wanted.

Plus a Tales rep has interest from the Tales producer who is working on the game. Considering we've heard nothing on Pac-Man, this makes me think the rep they want is more likely a Tales rep.
Agreed. I understand that the fan base is divided among who the rep should be, but when you think about it, we're talking the most important to Nintendo's history from the Tales series.

Cress is from Phantasia (which is the original right?), Lloyd is from Symphonia, which is one of the most popular installments and one of the best selling games on the Gamecube. The others i'm not too sure about.

I don't know much about why each is argued to be the rep, but i'm sure somewhere down the line, it comes down to favoritism. As does my support for Lloyd. However, I haven't played any other Tales games, but from what I know of the history with Nintendo, Lloyd still seems like a likely/good option.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm slightly inclined towards Cless being the rep instead of Lloyd (from how much I like both characters) but again, I prefer Symphonia's content at the moment to Phantasia.

I really wish we'd get content from both Aselia-games though. I guess Fighting The Spirit-song would suffice as the most realistic and closest to be seen in SSB4 remixed.

Top Bottom