• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uniter Of The Worlds: Lloyd Irving for SSB4

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just thought of this. I've read comments on how the remake of Symphonia for PS3 could "hurt" Lloyd's chances, but I disagree. MGS 4 was advertised in Smash 4, and that game was never released on a Nintendo console.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Ok. I'm starting to show a little support for Lloyd now. But only because i feel that Bamco deserves a spot in Smash. (And because Lloyd is, admittedly, the most likely Namco choice right now and because i want to see him fight Shulk for some strange reason)

Also, heres a thing i found on tumblr.

http://smashbrosideas.tumblr.com/post/47788415209/newcomer-concept-lloyd-irving

I don't really like the specials... they're about as uninteresting as possible for Lloyd. I would be disappointed to see Demonic Circle as anything except a Down Smash... it literally is just an attack where he swings downward, I'm not sure why people want it to be one of his specials. Also, his Up+B can easily be more interesting than "rip off of Marth's".

The standards are pretty much where I'd go with them, though. I do like how Flash Bros. had his Falcon Crest (name?) as his down aerial attack where you meteors downward at an angle.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Like I said earlier, since starting Tales of Symphonia, my support for Lloyd has skyrocketed.

And my marginal support of Pac-Man is non-existent.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I heard this great remix of Fighting of the Spirit from Tales of Phantasia and felt like posting it here:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So i'm in the middle of saving Presea. How far am I?

I'm hoping that if I play enough, I can possibly finish it before E3...but probably not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So i'm in the middle of saving Presea. How far am I?

I'm hoping that if I play enough, I can possibly finish it before E3...but probably not.
Um....
50-60%?

I don't rightly remember.

Which characters do you like the most, out of curiosity?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Today I watched Tales Of Festival-stream and it seems the whole PS3-remake was announced to be true:

Nothing has been mentioned about WiiU-port though so I think it's not been heavily considered. There's another stream coming 3 hours after so I'll check that incase I find something additional.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Today I watched Tales Of Festival-stream and it seems the whole PS3-remake was announced to be true:

Nothing has been mentioned about WiiU-port though so I think it's not been heavily considered. There's another stream coming 3 hours after so I'll check that incase I find something additional.
So it's the first and second games in one package? Are there any other new features?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So it's the first and second games in one package? Are there any other new features?
So far there's new costumes and arte cut-ins. I assume we get also all the additional content from PS2-release.

The game also has been announced to be localized overseas at early 2014.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I support (Add me to the list!), though to be honest, since Symphonia still got on PS2, I really feel the rep should be Luke. He's the most interesting protag (Though Yuri's close) of all of the Tales characters, and he's the most recent one to have a full game appear on a Nintendo console.

Wasn't there an article about having a Tales of character in Smash?
:(

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well we did get Abyss...
And in most regions, Vesperia was exclusive to 360...

They really need a consistency rate with this ****

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I really hope Lloyd will be a playable character in SSB4.

He's my most anticipated character (that has a chance) =D

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think the PS3 port hurts his chances.

I mean Snake had MGS4 and he got into Brawl.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well didn't Kojima beg him to be in Smash? I don't know how Tales Of would pull that off itself.
True. But if I remember correctly, Sakurai and the Tales developer ( whatever his name was) were acquaintances. But we'll see if that meant anything on the 11th.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'll probably buy the new version of Symphonia because i feel like giving the game another chance. (I didn't like it the first time i played it)

D

Deleted member

If there was to be a Tales character, Lloyd is one of the more likely choices.
Though at the same time, there's also Cless the original hero, Luke from the latest game to be on a Nintendo system (even if it was a port), Shing for being the newest character on a Nintendo system (which was formerly exclusive to that system until a Vita remake came by), and Yuri, the apparent most popular character in the series (despite Vesperia being only on 360 and PS3, Yuri has his Nintendo relevant appearance in Project X Zone, making him eligible by Sakurai's rule). Oh and that Emil guy from Symphonia's sequel, but I doubt he's going to matter.

Of these guys, I think Yuri can give Lloyd a run for his money if a Tales character is seriously being considered.
After all, what better way to get Tales fans to play Smash than to bring in the all-time fan favorite?
Shame Shing doesn't really have a chance. He seems pretty cool...

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Seems like exclusively on PS3 because Wii U-port was not mentioned at all, nor any other ports.
I have chills! I think if I were to scream right now it would tear through the heavens!

And I honestly don't understand why Yuri has so much more popularity than everyone else.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If there was to be a Tales character, Lloyd is one of the more likely choices.
Though at the same time, there's also Cless the original hero, Luke from the latest game to be on a Nintendo system (even if it was a port), Shing for being the newest character on a Nintendo system (which was formerly exclusive to that system until a Vita remake came by), and Yuri, the apparent most popular character in the series (despite Vesperia being only on 360 and PS3, Yuri has his Nintendo relevant appearance in Project X Zone, making him eligible by Sakurai's rule). Oh and that Emil guy from Symphonia's sequel, but I doubt he's going to matter.

Of these guys, I think Yuri can give Lloyd a run for his money if a Tales character is seriously being considered.
After all, what better way to get Tales fans to play Smash than to bring in the all-time fan favorite?
Shame Shing doesn't really have a chance. He seems pretty cool...
This is true. My thing with Lloyd is basing his chances in part on the success of Tales Of Symphonia on the Gamecube. This connection with Nintendo is pretty decent here.

However, I don't know much about the other Tales candidates, so i'll have to fill myself in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wouldn't Yuri being eligible mean everyone as well from P X Z? I mean, it’s another crossover game. I don't think that would count as being eligible much.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't Yuri being eligible mean everyone as well from P X Z? I mean, it’s another crossover game. I don't think that would count as being eligible much.
Appearing on a Nintendo system is appearing on a Nintendo system.
So yes, all of the characters that appear in Project X Zone are eligible by Sakurai's requirement (though most were already).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Appearing on a Nintendo system is appearing on a Nintendo system.
So yes, all of the characters that appear in Project X Zone are eligible by Sakurai's requirement (though most were already).

There's more to that than just appearing on a Nintendo-console-only. It cannot really work well as a sole reguirement alone (at least enough to quarantee to be in Smash).
He meant it as "he must have appeared on a Nintendo-console on their own (game)". Not as in "appearing in a Nintendo-console and that's it."

At the end Sakurai didn't mean the rule to work literally that way, otherwise it's almost non-existent due amount of crossovers on Nintendo-consoles overall. (Otherwise we should already except hella lots of Sony-characters to be in Smash).

Because it'd mean we should get all kinds of characters that would just be there to yank more audience to Sony's games from Nintendo.

And even then, Tales Of Vesperia hasn't still been ever released on any Nintendo-consoles. So no, crossovers aren't very good examples of being eligible to SSB alone despite appearing on a Nintendo-console. (Though really, being added as a 3rd party is hard enough as it is.)

I don't know man but you seem to take everything Sakurai said into something dang literal and not even thinking of consistency do you

D

Deleted member

You say I take things too literal, when in reality you are the one that overthinks what is being said and uses extremities as means to support your overthinking.
Though seeing as you are in support of Lloyd, it comes to no surprise that you'd attempt to belittle a clear threat in Yuri in a childish manner.

You say we should "expect hella lots of Sony characters", when
a) None of Sony's characters have ever been on a Nintendo system.
b) Just because something is eligible doesn't mean it is likely.

You say it would mean that we "should get all kinds of characters that would just be there to yank more audience to Sony's games from Nintendo", when
a) Again, one example doesn't mean everybody and their grandma will follow suit.
b) Snake did worse in that regard than you claim Yuri would. Snake pretty much advertised for PS3's killer app. Yuri has no upcoming title, let alone one that will heavily benefit another system. As a fan-favorite character, Yuri would actually be bringing people TO Nintendo, not sending people away to other systems.
c) Your precious Lloyd would be yanking the audience to Sony at this point, given that if new fans saw Lloyd in Smash 4 and wanted to play Symphonia, they'll go for that shiny new PS3 release paired with its sequel, not dig up the fossil that is the Gamecube version and get a system that can play it (since Wii U can't play GC games). Welp, guess Lloyd shouldn't be in Smash either.

I'd rather go with what is actually being said than make up excuses why it has some hidden meaning.
If that means being "literal", so be it. I'd rather be literal than deluded.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You say I take things too literal, when in reality you are the one that overthinks what is being said and uses extremities as means to support your overthinking.
Though seeing as you are in support of Lloyd, it comes to no surprise that you'd attempt to belittle a clear threat in Yuri in a childish manner.
Well I guess we just don't mesh together well in arguing. All I just said was that Yuri isn't really a threat, but he isn't really that eligible either (as much as you can find it childishly put).
I don't know though, I bet even if I did take few words back, you wouldn't really have made much change of a tone (saying I'm belittling Yuri childishly.)

I'm stating that consistency is still there. Even the Tales Of-directors are going more with "hidden meanings" than being literal like you. (Otherwise, why didn't they mention Yuri then over mentioning characters like Lloyd and Luke, or heck, along with 'em? I guess it means he wasn't really in front of their minds when thinking which Tales Of-characters can be eligible to Smash.)

You say we should "expect hella lots of Sony characters", when
a) None of Sony's characters have ever been on a Nintendo system.
b) Just because something is eligible doesn't mean it is likely.
Some have been, like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and so on. (Though now it depends which Sony-characters we're talking about.)
But hey, even if they aren't likely, it could affect the way eligibility will be laid out on people's minds and demands for characters we agree aren't really belonging to the Nintendo-fest that is Smash Bros.
I don't think Sakurai wants that to happen regarding character requests. (Even if choosing the characters mostly himself)

You say it would mean that we "should get all kinds of characters that would just be there to yank more audience to Sony's games from Nintendo", when
a) Again, one example doesn't mean everybody and their grandma will follow suit.
So I shouldn't ever exaggarate things, because it makes me literal and thus, childishly overreacting. I guess I see a big difference between you and other speculators when it comes to reception about how I state my views and opinions. (And boy, do they have all these statements which don't necessarily mean they'll happen.)

b) Snake did worse in that regard than you claim Yuri would. Snake pretty much advertised for PS3's killer app. Yuri has no upcoming title, let alone one that will heavily benefit another system. As a fan-favorite character, Yuri would actually be bringing people TO Nintendo, not sending people away to other systems.
Are you referring to Tales Of-fanbase in this regard? That wasn't really the audience that I was referring to, I was referring to the general fanbase. I guess Yuri would please a lot japanese fans (and to a lesser extent XBOX360 audience,) but outside of Japan I don't think he'd be well-known enough to bring in lots of audience for Nintendo-consoles (unless it just means Wii Us being bought solely for SSB by Tales Of-fans.)

c) Your precious Lloyd would be yanking the audience to Sony at this point, given that if new fans saw Lloyd in Smash 4 and wanted to play Symphonia, they'll go for that shiny new PS3 release paired with its sequel, not dig up the fossil that is the Gamecube version and get a system that can play it (since Wii U can't play GC games). Welp, guess Lloyd shouldn't be in Smash either.
Fair point there, but for it being a remastered game, not a remake, it wouldn't be completely that bad.

The difference really is that Vesperia, never being released on a Nintendo-system, has to be represented in some way or another, and that means showing content about game that never was released on a Nintendo-console (Compare Snake for example who had a game like MGS: Twin Snakes on both Gamecube and PS2, pretty much like Lloyd was.)

At least Symphonia was still on a Nintendo-console which people got to play about the most (worldwide), so it'd appeal to the fans who played that game on GCN, and also those who get to experience it on the PS3 since they're playing the same game from the Nintendo-consoles as well. Due this, Lloyd is lesser of the two evils.

I'd rather go with what is actually being said than make up excuses why it has some hidden meaning.
If that means being "literal", so be it. I'd rather be literal than deluded.
As you wish. Just saying though that we aren't "delusional" either for having mostly same collected view on what Sakurai meant overall with some of his more clear than vague statements.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
I would love lloyd to be in this game(way more than anthropomorphic Pacman) and I think he actually has a decent shot.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Your precious Lloyd would be yanking the audience to Sony at this point, given that if new fans saw Lloyd in Smash 4 and wanted to play Symphonia, they'll go for that shiny new PS3 release paired with its sequel, not dig up the fossil that is the Gamecube version and get a system that can play it (since Wii U can't play GC games). Welp, guess Lloyd shouldn't be in Smash either.
I don't see this as TOO big of a problem with Lloyd, based off of Snake, but I get your point here.

D

Deleted member

Before I respond, I want to apologize for snapping at you Horse.
I'm kind of flustered because these past couple of days, I had to type out an essay and study for finals which are this week for the next three days, so I'm on here and doing that simultaneously, and somehow, during all this time, I've had to deal with:
a) a long debate on Waluigi (thankfully, it wasn't heated)
b) Noah/SilverSaturn's low mental capacity on the Roster Discussion thread
c) being dragged into an argument with a Krystal fanboy over a post I made SIX MONTHS AGO in her thread
d) being ridiculed for defending that the possibility of Goku being in Smash even exists
e) Diddy being his usual stoner self
f) something a little more personal with the Project Crusade forum
and I really did not need being accused of being too literal and incapable of thinking of consistency on top of it.

So while my lashing out at you is unacceptable (and I apologize), you need to understand my situation.

Well I guess we just don't mesh together well in arguing. All I just said was that Yuri isn't really a threat, but he isn't really that eligible either (as much as you can find it childishly put).
I don't know though, I bet even if I did take few words back, you wouldn't really have made much change of a tone (saying I'm belittling Yuri childishly.)

I'm stating that consistency is still there. Even the Tales Of-directors are going more with "hidden meanings" than being literal like you. (Otherwise, why didn't they mention Yuri then over mentioning characters like Lloyd and Luke, or heck, along with 'em? I guess it means he wasn't really in front of their minds when thinking which Tales Of-characters can be eligible to Smash.)
They didn't mention any characters directly whatsoever.
Now, I may just be being "too literal" again, but this is what they said:
"But we need to keep in mind that a character can only appear in a Smash Bros game if he already appeared on a Nintendo console. This is one of the conditions, and many Tales characters do not fulfill it. Of course, some do, like characters from Tales of Symphonia or Tales of the Abyss."

They are listing "characters from Tales of Symphonia or Tales of the Abyss" as examples of characters that fulfill the condition that a character can only appear in a Smash Bros. game if he already appeared on a Nintendo console.
They didn't mention Phantasia, so that must mean they don't think highly of Cless by your logic.
And when Hearts was brought up as another potential option by the interviewer (who apparently loves the game), they just go off about how the game was a big deal for Hideo Baba rather than mention a character such as Shing being a possibility. Guess that means only Lloyd and Luke have any sort of chance. :rolleyes:

Some have been, like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and so on. (Though now it depends which Sony-characters we're talking about.)
But hey, even if they aren't likely, it could affect the way eligibility will be laid out on people's minds and demands for characters we agree aren't really belonging to the Nintendo-fest that is Smash Bros.
I don't think Sakurai wants that to happen regarding character requests. (Even if choosing the characters mostly himself)
For clarification, someone like Kratos from God of War is a Sony character, as he is actually owned by them and legally cannot appear on a non-Sony console.

Crash and Spyro are not Sony characters. Sony does not own them nor have they ever owned them.
They may have had exclusive publishing rights to the franchises initially, but since 2000, these rights have been lost, allowing the two franchises to go multi-platform.
Though if the issue is that they are seen as Sony All-Stars for their history, then we already know that doesn't mean much, since it didn't stop Snake, who is seen as one of Playstation's biggest stars. If Sakurai really cared about status as an All-Star from a Nintendo rival, neither Snake nor Sonic (Sega used to be Nintendo's biggest enemy, after all) would have been in Brawl.

So I shouldn't ever exaggarate things, because it makes me literal and thus, childishly overreacting. I guess I see a big difference between you and other speculators when it comes to reception about how I state my views and opinions. (And boy, do they have all these statements which don't necessarily mean they'll happen.)
You shouldn't exaggerate things because it doesn't help your case.
No seriously, think of this scenario:

A: "Yuri Lowell could possibly be a threat to Lloyd due to his overall popularity. With his appearance in Project X Zone, he follows Sakurai's rule that guests must appear on a Nintendo system."

B: "But Project X Zone is just a crossover, it shouldn't count."

A: "An appearance on a Nintendo system is still an appearance, regardless of whether or not it's that character's specific game. By Sakurai's requirement, he is eligible."

B: "If he gets in, then we should just add a bunch of characters that will just send people to other consoles!!!"

So yes, not only does the exaggeration not really provide a good argumentation, it is, as you say, childishly overreacting.

Are you referring to Tales Of-fanbase in this regard? That wasn't really the audience that I was referring to, I was referring to the general fanbase. I guess Yuri would please a lot japanese fans (and to a lesser extent XBOX360 audience,) but outside of Japan I don't think he'd be well-known enough to bring in lots of audience for Nintendo-consoles (unless it just means Wii Us being bought solely for SSB by Tales Of-fans.)
"General fanbase" then would mean no Tales character at all would be a good pick, given how niche it is outside Japan.
That being said, if it weren't for Namco working on Smash 4, there wouldn't even be a sliver of hope for any character. However, they are. And the Tales director is (supposedly) a main developer alongside Sakurai. AND, he would love to see a character in the game.
With Yuri, the voted fan-favorite of the series, having Nintendo appearances (albeit limited one through a guest appearance in Project X Zone and as a summonable character in Tales of Hearts), it stands to reason that he's the best option.

Though the only way he's getting in (or any Tales character for that matter) is if Yoshi-to actually talks to Sakurai about it. This is because no Tales character has reasonable support, even after Yoshizumi's comment.
The only Namco character that would get in due to support would be Pac-Man at this point in time, and even then, his support pales in comparison to Capcom's Mega Man.

Fair point there, but for it being a remastered game, not a remake, it wouldn't be completely that bad.

The difference really is that Vesperia, never being released on a Nintendo-system, has to be represented in some way or another, and that means showing content about game that never was released on a Nintendo-console (Compare Snake for example who had a game like MGS: Twin Snakes on both Gamecube and PS2, pretty much like Lloyd was.)
Correction: Twin Snakes was never on PS2. Twin Snakes is a remastering of the original Metal Gear Solid that was on PS2. Much like this remaster of both Symphonia games for PS3.
Aside from that, both Metal Gear gave reference to games in the series that did not appear on a Nintendo system in Brawl's time.

It had the Gekkos from MGS4, Naked Snake's appearance being tied to Solid Snake (Big Boss did not appear on a Nintendo system in his younger years until the remake of MGS3 for 3DS), the butterfly-shaped C3's from MGS3, the Cypher from MGS2, Metal Gear RAY from MGS2, trophies of some of the forementioned as well as of Iroquois Pliskin and the Shagohod, and music from Metal Gear 2, MGS2, MGS3, Portable Ops, and even a Brawl version of the upcoming MGS4's Love Theme.

At least Symphonia was still on a Nintendo-console which people got to play about the most (worldwide), so it'd appeal to the fans who played that game on GCN, and also those who get to experience it on the PS3 since they're playing the same game from the Nintendo-consoles as well. Due this, Lloyd is lesser of the two evils.
Implying there was an "evil" to begin with.
You also seem to be jumping from previously talking about the "general fanbase" of Smash to "fans of Symphonia" for this particular point. I thought you were all about consistency? :troll:
But anyways, pretty sure the overall fan-favorite of the series would have a bigger impact.

As you wish. Just saying though that we aren't "delusional" either for having mostly same collected view on what Sakurai meant overall with some of his more clear than vague statements.
What is delusion is making up extra meanings out of thin air.

D

Deleted member

I don't see this as TOO big of a problem with Lloyd, based off of Snake, but I get your point here.
...Yeah, Snake in general is my counterpoint for both of the characters.
I was using satire on the part you quoted.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Before I respond, I want to apologize for snapping at you Horse.
I'm kind of flustered because these past couple of days, I had to type out an essay and study for finals which are this week for the next three days, so I'm on here and doing that simultaneously, and somehow, during all this time, I've had to deal with:
a) a long debate on Waluigi (thankfully, it wasn't heated)
b) Noah/SilverSaturn's low mental capacity on the Roster Discussion thread
c) being dragged into an argument with a Krystal fanboy over a post I made SIX MONTHS AGO in her thread
d) being ridiculed for defending that the possibility of Goku being in Smash even exists
e) Diddy being his usual stoner self
f) something a little more personal with the Project Crusade forum
and I really did not need being accused of being too literal and incapable of thinking of consistency on top of it.

Really? I just thought it was you being kinda harsh but you still had a good reason why so (I was "belittling" Yuri because I saw him as a threat).

It's okay I guess.

Arguments

I don't have much to say anymore on these, so I guess you win.

What do you say Yuui, should I stick to the end supporting Lloyd anymore as I wait (presumably) impending disappointment (as in Lloyd has little to no chance compared to other reps, whether Pac-Man or Yuri Lowell) or just jump out of the supporting bandwagon already? Just asking this from you. I don't know if I want to be called bandwagoner because I'm afraid for getting massively disappointed when someone I've been supporting seems to not have anymore chances to get in (even if we haven't yet seen the trailer).

I don't though really know what to do anymore, I'm just beyond frustrated and maybe disappointed a lot myself too for not argumenting well enough. Guess should learn to do better.

Dunno though, it's yet to be seen if your view on Sakurai's statement stands to be true, since it hasn't yet been proven so (any character who appeared in any form in Nintendo-console is eligible to Smash Bros, which also means they don't need to have their own games on any of the Nintendo-systems either if they're popular enough). If it does though...

D

Deleted member

I'm REALLY not in the mood for smartassery at this point.
Check the main Discussion thread to see why.
EDIT: The main Smash 4 one, not the Roster Discussion.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's not like Lloyd doesn't have a chance. If the lead Tales developer is asked for a character, he could very well pick Lloyd. As with most characters, we probably won't see until the game is revealed.

Also, I believe Golden was referring to the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Luke and Lloyd are the only ones that really hold a shot in hell (Unless Yuri's appearance in ToV was known earlier and they wanted to go for him), not even going to sugarcoat that.

edit: Though I'll say despite the lack of attention to Cress, it's possible.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
And I honestly don't understand why Yuri has so much more popularity than everyone else.

Did you play both games? Yuri is the more interesting character in terms of personality. While this is my opinion, I do feel like it's actually the objective truth and not just my personal tastes. Lloyd's a two-dimensional archetype of practically every teenage male with a sword in anime while Yuri goes through a series of moral dilemmas and has to make tough choices and face the consequences. He's one of the most complicated and nuanced characters that I've seen in a JRPG.

That being said... Combat-wise, I think Lloyd has the upper hand. Though, if Yuri got in with an axe I would kind of love that.

Top Bottom