• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UoK Presents: Smash Makes the World Go Round **October 24th**

exiled0ne

Smash Rookie
guys, bad news... i was just informed this morning that i'm only allowed to use my mom's van for driving to work while my parents are gone, and my sister is, of course, there to enforce it...

so not only am i unable to pick up cincy, but i'll be needing a 10-15 minute ride onto campus myself.... >___<

anyone able to help and pick up my slack? =\
Ben, I think I can get the car and get you. And I might be able to stretch it as to where I can get it to go to Cincy and get 3 people. Sadly that's the max my car will allow, and setups MIGHT fit in the trunk, can't promise on that though.

Jon, Les, Matthew, Greg, and I are all getting together Friday night to practice. Anyone else interested?
May, I would reallly like to do that. When and where?

Also, I have been rageing quite a bit lately. I've hit a **** plateau with Lucario (Smash in general really x.x) and it's frustrating me because I know I can do better than what I've been showing lately. I just need some time to kill some habits of mine before I can finally improve again. But I am NOT quitting again (yet...) I have to give it more time and more tournaments before I can officially say I have nowhere else to turn but down. Or a new character, but I'm tired of jumping mains, Lucario gets one last chance.

Airborne

Smash Lord
sammy, we just need to get a couple matches recorded and see what you're doing wrong. but yeah, thanks for transportation; wasn't expecting that i needed it this time as well. XD

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanks a lot for helping out with my event guys. i really appreciate it.

@Sammy

I was thinking maybe 6pm-10pm in the cats den? lmk if earlier or later would be better. les and jon are really good, and they play snake and mk, so they'll be really awesome high tier practice.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah I'm not going. I have a Halloween party to go to this day. So I'll be sitting around watching drunk people that I don't know make ***** of themselves in costumes while you guys duke it out for 1st.

Hey Kassy, don't you have that concert to go to this Saturday?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think I may have a car for this weekend!

GKais and Kassandra, if I'm picking you up, imma need to get everybody all in one place. That means not going to pick up Kassandra, then Infern, then Smash, then Y.b.M., THEN on the way to the tournament! =P

We gotta get this stuff figured out.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Alright....Ummm... What time do you plan on arriving OS so I can make sure Ed is up on time...

AND I NEED A PARTNER....NO SCRUBS!!!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Here's an idea. How about we divide people among the cars evenly?

I'd feel bad if Today was paying for gas all by herself. :O

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Oh gee golly~ TT__TTv I wouldn't mind so much! I can pay you some and bake you something as part of payment to if you'd like! Just the only issue is I can only leave at noon, and I think that excludes everyone, but Kassandra! So if she wouldn't mind joining then I am content! But if she wants to go early then by all means please do so and I can figure things out!

exiled0ne

Smash Rookie
Um, May anytime works for me on Friday. I only have one class and it's over at noon so I'm good to go anytime after that. And yay high tier practice! I felt like I was getting used to the feel of my gameplay again today so we'll see how it goes from here. I'm getting some confidence back!!

Also, Cincy if you guys still need that ride just let me know before Friday and I'll see what I can do. It'll only be 3 max (God Kais would be easiest) and...yea. Just let me know

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Here's an idea. How about we divide people among the cars evenly?

I'd feel bad if Today was paying for gas all by herself. :O
I have to talk to him again, but Sai is wanting to go. He could travel in the group with Doctor X with Today. But yeah, I think it should be at least somewhat even, if possible.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
My concert isn't until Tuesday.
So I can go to this. ^_^

Yogehi will be around Cinci, and he's offered to give a ride to Today and I.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I'm pretty sure I need a partner for this.

Kassandra don't forget to bring KH: 358 Let me know what level you are so i can level my own panel out so we don't have a 40+ level difference one way or the other.

Kel

Smash Master
Kel I want you to go cause I like you but I don't want you to go cause I wanna team with OS haha.

Nah seriously go :p.
Well if I did go I wouldn't expect to team with OS. That would be a **** thing to do haha. I doubt he'd do it either. I'd probably team with Y.b.M.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Psh, **** that. Count and YbM would team. =P

I have no problem telling someone "Hey, I'm not teaming with you so I can team with my consistent teammate that I generally get first with, but you can team with this other guy that has also consistently been placing highly in teams and in fact beat Kel and myself in the past". It's "Hey, I'm teaming with someone else. Good luck tomorrow!" I don't like.

Also, ride situations abouuuuuuuuuuund.

Right now, I have a car one way or the other. If my Mazda is all good to go, I can bring a setup. If not, I can't. Oh well.

MY CAR:
-OS (that's me)
-Kassandra (called a spot like three weeks ago, like everyone who wants a guaranteed ride should do)
-Empty
-Empty ***** seat
-Empty

If Kel is going and we are teaming he'd obviously get priority.

Issue:

NONE OF THE MINORITEAM HAS A CAR!!!! >:[

We have a mexican and a half so squeezing 4 in the back IS a very slight possibility, but I do not want to do this unless absolutely necessary and if everyone needs to be down there for teams. Squeezing 4 people in the back means a ticket and a cancelled tournament for an entire car.

This isn't even taking into account Today and Sai.

So.

Someone named Yogehi is offering to give Kassandra and Today a ride from Cincinnati. I wanted to make a crack about his name being pronounced "yo ghey" or something, but he's potentially got a car full of women while I have a male from every ethnicity stealing my money in monopoly (except for Smash cuz he's in jail).

Yogehi
Kassandra
Today

OS
Kel?
GKAI1
GKAISmash64in*****seat
GKAI3

Which means Sai needs a spot. If Kel is not going and Sai could be at Eds or something, I could give him a ride. If not, if Yogehi could give Sai a ride iwth Kassandra and Today that would be amazing. Sai, I'd suggest asking Kassandra nicely to ask her friend and offer her Rock Candy.

People in my car:

Same rules as always. We stay in the same place, get up, leave. Alternatively, all you guys stay in the same place and I come pick you up.

Ed, could we all pow-wow at your house again the Friday before the tournament?

Kel, are you going? I would like to team with you if you are, but I will not leave Count high and dry for doubles, so unless he had a teammate I would not abandon him. Make decisionssssssssssssss.

Sai, figure out how you could get there before last minute! I will not ever pick anyone up the morning of the tournament. That isn't true, but I say it because it might as well be true, since the only way you'd know for sure I was going to pick you up is if I offered it. *glare*.

Kassandra, Yogehi ride confirmed?

I'm really freaking tired and need to start sleeping.

Count

Smash Champion
No-I completely understand. It'd be one thing if it was to team with somebody else random, but its another to team with your static partner who you've been dominating everyone not named M2K with.

Also, I understand that you really need the money right now and that your chance if winning is obviously higher with kel.

But seriously lets see some decisions made! haha.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
i dont really mind riding with whoever or going wherever the day before. whatever works for the driver will work for me sooooo yeah whoever is cool enough to give me a ride there should like pm me or something. and i obviously can help pay gas for whoever and more so since its at UK my house is actually on the way to kentucky (kind of)

sooooo......yea...

Edit: Dr.X who all is riding with you? cause id be happy to ride with you but id rather split that gas money up...and if i do ride with you no more wrong turns,missed exits or broken down cars...or random 3 wheeled minivans driven by depressed asian people....that was a weird *** weekend

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Dr.X who all is riding with you?
I still have no idea who is, if anyone....

cause id be happy to ride with you but id rather split that gas money up...
I've been saying for a while that if anybody has to ride with me, there should be more than one. This doesn't seem to be up to me, though.

and if i do ride with you no more wrong turns,missed exits or broken down cars...or random 3 wheeled minivans driven by depressed asian people....that was a weird *** weekend
Lulz. Yeah, Lexington is a little more straightforward than OS's house, I think.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'm Riding with OS....And I'm teaming with Kel...If he decides to go...which he will since He can't resist Brawl.... GET SOME!!!....If he doesn't go...I just won't enter doubles and probably be alone in a corner Staring maliciously at people...

Airborne

Smash Lord
lolz, silly YbM, that's what ping pong and pool are for!!! if you're not in doubles, go down to cat's den, along with trolling people with trash talk before and after matches. UK is a lulzy place.

but yeah, i think OS and Kel are teaming, so you'd probably end up with count if you're looking for a good teammate.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I think Kassandra, Sai, and I would be riding with Yogehi (Ken) ? I guess Sai will meet up with both Kassandra and Ken at 'Sandra's house and then come and get me at Walnut Hills High School around noon-ish? Haha! Thanks guys!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kel is going, and Kel and I are teeeeeamin'!

This okay Count? Xisin and Y.b.M. both need a partner.

Top Bottom