• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol awesome, but yeah its actually a really good team, me and jambo won a largish sydney tourney in doubles with that team, so its viable and it works.

plus they have a few **** super quick team combos that kill really easily

Vermy

Smash Champion
Tanman's Luigi is fair legit. Waaaaaaay back when so was Jei's. There was a week where Jei, myself, Khoa and Lee all were considering maining Luigi.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nobodys ever done anything with weeg except for me (just ask condog, 3 stocked the first time he played it lol), tanman gave up on luigi so I heard which is a shame because I've stopped using mostly too.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I still need a partner, I think.

And on the subject of hacks, is no random tripping tournament legal? I usually turn it off on my Wii (because tripping's stupid) but I realised that it could cause a different outcome than if a match was played on a different Wii (someone trips into a kill move on one Wii but they wouldn't on another, etc).

Vermy

Smash Champion
Personally, I follow Shaya's belief of grand finals and finals be done on trip-free wiis.

I'll team with you Dean =D

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Tripping stays on. It's part of the game, and until we get to the point where every Wii can turn tripping off, it stays on.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Tripping should never be turned off, ever. Not that I support tripping but like you just said Conor: it's part of the game. Your one line post contradicts itself and just to flame you a little bit more, you should never put an 'and' right after a comma you tard :p

If everyone in the scene puts enough effort into hacking their wii to turn tripping off, there's no doubt in my mind that it will lead to more things being turned off/changed in order to make this game that you all love so much into something that suits your needs like another Brawl+.

You are all very prone to this kind of thing. For example, banning one thing because it appears broken lead to everyone wanting something else banned and so on. (DDD's infinites > banning MK discussion > IC's CGs discussion > ledge grabbing/camping etc etc.)

Just play the game the way it was made.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Just play the game the way it was made.
i agree with this... to an extent at least.

i personally think we should intervene when the game starts favouring one player more than another. to this extent, we introduce ledge grab limits, because infinite ledge grabs give players like MK and pit an outrageous advantage against everybody. but tripping is something that effects everyone, and the chances of tripping are pretty much even across the board. and tripping rarely effects the outcome of a match anyway (although when it does :().

its kinda like critical hits in pokemon. they can be seriously annoying, but at the same time, are a crucial part of that game.

Zero

Smash Hero
You are all very prone to this kind of thing. For example, banning one thing because it appears broken lead to everyone wanting something else banned and so on. (DDD's infinites > banning MK discussion > IC's CGs discussion > ledge grabbing/camping etc etc.)
Snowball fallacy :( :( :( :( :( :(

But I agree with the crux of your post.

Splice

Smash Hero
With the ledge grab rule, to clarify because i couldnt read properly, if i grab the ledge 30 times but the match doesnt time out, im not disqualified right?

Also i dont think any hacks should be included in the games rulesets, but things that can be done in the game such as seeing how many times someone has grabbed a ledge are acceptable.

Condog go on MSN we need a team name.
Afropony I'm bringing your USB to get 'there will be brawl.'

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay, just to clarify, i'm saying that the only way I would consider turning tripping off was if every wii had the capacity to turn tripping off as standard.

The ledge grab rule: it only applies if the match times out.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
because infinite ledge grabs give players like MK and pit an outrageous advantage against everybody.
I ledge stalled ilag to win but the ledge grab rule made it a draw, which is funny since i'm the peach and he's the MK. So maybe you're wrong?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I ledge stalled ilag to win but the ledge grab rule made it a draw, which is funny since i'm the peach and he's the MK. So maybe you're wrong?
If the ledge grab rule wasn't in affect, wouldn't he just have planked you anyway?

Attila_

BRoomer
evidentally, ilag had no idea what he was doing. in which case, he should lose for being horrible. peach ledge camping an mk is absolutely ridiculous.

or maybe youre just super gifted at brawl?

Splice

Smash Hero
Warning: If you start planking, but don't intend to timeout, the other person can just wait til you get higher than 25 and then time you out so you get disqualified. LOL
This was implied with the knowledge available. Stating this was entirely pointless; you should feel bad.
:psycho: Geez Connor.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yours however was completely necessary.
Yes. See how there's that little number in that black bar that has my avatar in it? It has "Posts" written next to it. So i make my post, and kablam! That little number goes +1.

Completely necessary imo.

Zero

Smash Hero
+1 post count

Plaese no infrackt

So for this tournament...

1. Nix (ZZS)
2. Earl (ZZS)
3. Zero's Spirit (ZZS)
4. Tibs (Diddy)

Totally legit imo

Nixernator

Smash Ace
+1 post count

Plaese no infrackt

So for this tournament...

1. Nix (ZZS)
2. Earl (ZZS)
3. Zero's Spirit (ZZS)
4. Tibs (Diddy)

Totally legit imo
Hmmm Zero knows his stuff fella's. Don't know why you guys try anymore.

Edit: for all the playa's at home who are curious, I'm going all the way out to essendon to get my *** whopped at baseball.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i left early, sorry y'all.

i know tibs was in grand finals, waiting for the winner of afro vs earl.

tournament was heaps of fun, i'll post more tomorrow.

Afropony

Smash Lord
doubles top 3 were

1. ***** Please ( Afro + Tibs)
2. Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks)
3. hammertime (Condog + Splice)

Top 8 singles was

1. tibs
2. afropony
3. Earl
4. Splice
5. Nicks
5. Toshi
7. Condog
7. Ledge

I'm pretty sure that's how it turned out but I guess we can wait for the official resuts.

Congratulations to Tibs who is still allowed to stay in his house.

Attila_

BRoomer
yeah hes allowed to stay... for now... he still has to win one more tourney before i get back though :p

gj guys... afro beat earl? times are a changing... nice work. and condog coming 7th? amazing.

did tibs lose a set?

Top Bottom