• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smash III - CT - Sept 11th - Fatal, Darc.. Cort?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Lol no I didn't even make it to P4 .. Honestly I don't remember what my last tourney was. I just seem to work at everything XD

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
If Crazy Cloud and I team...and if we win, I will be disappoint with the CT Melee scene.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
If Crazy Cloud and I team...and if we win, I will be disappoint with the CT Melee scene.
I'm already disappointed with the Melee CT scene hahaha. There's no tournies here :(.

But I'm not really doing anything to help, either. So I'm just as much at fault.

EDIT

On that note. Thank you for this tourney Solid Jake =D

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
My pleasure guys :). I'm actually pretty solid at melee teams still. Looking for a decent player to team with for both games. Melee fox/peach and brawl teams i do snake / zss . To answer previous questions I doubt we can offer a venue discount , and I currently don't have any recording setups.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I have a GameBridge. I don't however have:

A) A laptop capable of recording AND displaying at a 1:1 ratio (So it's impossible to play on the program's display. There's a 15-20 frame delay on it).
B) Y - Cables.

So I propose someone:

Brings a VCR and a Blank-Tape and Notepad. We have a "highlight" TV for this setup. After everything is said and done, I'll take the tape at the end of the tourney. I'll record everything from the tape via GameBridge and get them uploaded in a semi-timely fashion (Depending on how long the tape can record, 1 - 2 weeks).

The notepad system could work out like:

You and another person sit down to play. Before you get started, write down who's playing which port. Hit record on the VCR. After it's over, press stop, and write down how many games were played.

Anyone have a better idea? Solid Jake, whatcha think?

S l o X

Smash Champion
CC - Sounds good. I have a VCR (Pretty big but it'll work). I'll figure out later if I have a blank tape(s). Notepad idea sounds fine too.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
i have a gamebridge, cables, and a laptop to record on...
if it's needed, jake, just lemme know.
It's so much better than the dazzle. I love mine. Haven't used it much for recording since I quit brawl almost two years ago, but it's quality is amazing. I'll still play homebrew emulators on my wii with my laptop using it. So handy.

I say bring it, then we'll have two recording setups. How can ya go wrong?

@S l o X

That's awesome. If we gotta, I'll take some old movie tapes, put a piece of tape over the hole, and record over those.

EDIT

Solid Jake, question.

A burned copy of melee w/ texture hacks is fine to bring, right? I'll make sure it's doubles-friendly. Otherwise, I don't have a working copy of Melee >_<

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
i have a gamebridge, cables, and a laptop to record on...
if it's needed, jake, just lemme know.
That would be great indeed.

It's so much better than the dazzle. I love mine. Haven't used it much for recording since I quit brawl almost two years ago, but it's quality is amazing. I'll still play homebrew emulators on my wii with my laptop using it. So handy.

I say bring it, then we'll have two recording setups. How can ya go wrong?

@S l o X

That's awesome. If we gotta, I'll take some old movie tapes, put a piece of tape over the hole, and record over those.

EDIT

Solid Jake, question.

A burned copy of melee w/ texture hacks is fine to bring, right? I'll make sure it's doubles-friendly. Otherwise, I don't have a working copy of Melee >_<

May as well bring it, not sure whether we would use it for tourney or not though. Def at least freeplay.

Octave

Smash Ace
If you need set-ups I can contribute 1 but without a t.v. to go with it. :/
The venue has a ton of TVs. Do we have to leave some open for other games, though, Jake? Or do most SSF and BlazBlue people stay away on Saturdays?

Also, what time does this start? If I can't get out of it (trying to switch the day or even the class) I have a philosophy lecture from 8AM (obvious why I'm changing it, I hope lol) to 11 AM and I don't want to miss a thing. I'm up for so many friendlies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Yes, again I personally haven't talke to them but that was always the standard there. Assuming they haven't changed it I don't charge anything extra haha

Octave

Smash Ace
Haha well I was there this past friday and it was $5 still so I think its safe to assume it'll still be that much when the time comes.

Excellent. I'm hyped for this now. Hopefully Trade is planning on going so I don't have to find a ride

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Sort of like the new title more. I didn't get the other title and was just calling it FoD. That sort of worked, however.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
The other title was from Greek mythology. VLS is a pretty well known tourney series I run, it's been a few years since the last one though XD.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Should be Viva La Smash III: Remix since it's been a while. Adding "remix" to things always brings more people.

Possibly.

strawhats

Smash Master
Anyone know how far this is from fairfield,ct. This would be my first tourney. I'm starting university the week of this tourney so this would be convenient. If I could get a ride I'd help pay 4 gas. And I approve of the moment of silence. Freindlies anyone...especially you hbox.

S l o X

Smash Champion
About 1hr and 20 mins strawhats. Though I believe Fairfield is on metro north aka your a train ride away from PC Chris XD
More importantly, we go to school on the same campus. Yes, you get to play the legendary SloX. Lucky you.
Anyone know how far this is from fairfield,ct. This would be my first tourney. I'm starting university the week of this tourney so this would be convenient. If I could get a ride I'd help pay 4 gas. And I approve of the moment of silence. Freindlies anyone...especially you hbox.
More or less 1hr20m. You can take the train to Port Chester / Stamford / so many places. I start school 27th of Aug, :\.

strawhats

Smash Master
My dude slox let me know if you're going to this. We could travel together if u want. I think u can confirm me for this tourney. Hype

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'm definitely trying to go to this but my official 100% ride just DIPPED on my life.

So I just went from 100% to 70%. I'ma try to get a ride from anyone coming up from south CT / NY.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely trying to go to this but my official 100% ride just DIPPED on my life.

So I just went from 100% to 70%. I'ma try to get a ride from anyone coming up from south CT / NY.
I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen with my ride either. My friend is banking on not having work the Saturday of the tourney. So I'm arranging an alternative means of getting there as back-up (have no car).

Either way, I'll end up getting there. If you can somehow get a ride to Seymour, I'll be more than happy to give you a ride to the tourney and then back to Seymour. You'll have to figure out how to get back home on your own though xD.

So, incase you're unable to find another way of getting there in the mean time, you've got this shoddy offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom