• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smash III - CT - Sept 11th - Fatal, Darc.. Cort?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn

Smash Master
someone pick hungrybox up please :[

hungrybox is a cool guy, eh bairs and doesnt afraid of anything

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen with my ride either. My friend is banking on not having work the Saturday of the tourney. So I'm arranging an alternative means of getting there as back-up (have no car).

Either way, I'll end up getting there. If you can somehow get a ride to Seymour, I'll be more than happy to give you a ride to the tourney and then back to Seymour. You'll have to figure out how to get back home on your own though xD.

So, incase you're unable to find another way of getting there in the mean time, you've got this shoddy offer.
That's easy. Bridgeport to Seymour is <40 minutes. I could get a ride there and back.
-

So apparently there's going to be like three recording setups at this? Take or give? Hype?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
like every gamestop has it

i was in middletown last week

went to 5 guys there

sooo good

Octave

Smash Ace
like every gamestop has it

i was in middletown last week

went to 5 guys there

sooo good
lol nice. I actually still haven't been there myself. I hear its great but its a ton of food so I've been saving going until I'm really hungry.

Someone pick up hungrybox, seriously.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
if your not that hungry get a mini burger

which is 1 patty

instead of 2 like the normal

small fries and a drink

good to go

hbox i can get you at the westchester airport, let me know when

idk where your gonna stay cuz you cant stay where i live now

just let me know

scrub

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
So weird, I just went to five guys for the first time ever.

They give you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many fries. And they're good too, which is surprising.

I liked the free peanuts too :laugh:

@hbox

Why don't you just fly into Bradley and take a cab to the venue. It's <25 minutes from the venue, about 21-25 miles depending on what way the cab driver takes.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
hungrybox flying around september 11th instead of remembering the alamo?...for shame!!!

I might come to this just for the hell of it if i can get some good housing and by good i mean free

plus if i happen to come theres a stream and good commentary in it for you guys!!!...jus sayin

Edit: I just read thru all of this and its mostly Solid jake....what is the turnout looking like on this?

Prawn

Smash Master
tko the turnout should be pretty good, expect a lot more hype in the 2 weeks before.

and idk if t3h future is from your region but you should convince him to come too lolol

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Right now im expecting about 50 people. I haven't ran a tourney in CT for sooo long though. Scene has changed a lot for sure. Where's Tri state at?

S l o X

Smash Champion
I can help with anything you need help with.

This is going to be one of the last tourneys I attend this year apparently. Maybe RoM3 will be the last. Hopefully it rayyyypes.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Bought a pack of 5 DVD-Rs. I'm gonna burn a regular copy of Melee 1.0, and I'll bring a texture hack copy for friendlies (pre/post-tourney).

Just found out earlier Metroid: Other M is going to be dual-layed :(. Guess I'll have to borrow it from my friend and/or rent it. That was my main reason for buying the DVD-Rs lol.

On-Topic

What's nearby the venue to eat? *Crosses fingers for a Wendy's & Taco Bell*

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
tko the turnout should be pretty good, expect a lot more hype in the 2 weeks before.

and idk if t3h future is from your region but you should convince him to come too lolol
future is from MO...im From MD...those are light years away...and 50 people???...hmmmm...i still need housing...if i go 2 this I'd have to skip my next 2 MD tournies (which is cool)

is NE going?...is Verm Going? Ace/MDM?

Bought a pack of 5 DVD-Rs. I'm gonna burn a regular copy of Melee 1.0, and I'll bring a texture hack copy for friendlies (pre/post-tourney).

Just found out earlier Metroid: Other M is going to be dual-layed :(. Guess I'll have to borrow it from my friend and/or rent it. That was my main reason for buying the DVD-Rs lol.
you can still burn on dvd-rs you just have to find a compressed ISO...my brawl is single layered

and before everyone calls me a pirate i burned it because my wii stopped reading dual layers I bought brawl at the release...lol

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
you can still burn on dvd-rs you just have to find a compressed ISO...my brawl is single layered

and before everyone calls me a pirate
Some might call ya a pirate, I'm calling you a hero. Now I'll just have to find a compressed iso when it gets released. Hopefully someone will be awesome enough out there to do it :bee:.

There is in fact a taco bell I believe.
Denny's, BK, can't remember much else.
That's awesome. I'm definitely gonna hit up Taco Bell and Denny's. You can't beat $2 meal deal, or the coconut creme pie.

Octave

Smash Ace
There are quite a few places to eat, McDonalds, BK, Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Denny's, Friendly's, and a Price Chopper right across the street and a Stop + Shop in the area. That is, if Google Maps is to be trusted.. just google the address of the place and look around, there are actually quite a few places.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Quoted and enlarged for Emphasis

also if they are going Ill most likely go but i need that FREE housing (I'm really nice thought and would be really grateful for it)
Haven't seen anything from them in this thread. So, I'm taking that as a no.

I can arrange housing at my friend's house if you do end up coming here. We're about <40 minutes away from the venue, but at least it's in the state.

Don't even kid around about PMing me a link. If you're serious, you're so awesome :laugh:. But I guess you know that already hahaha.

EDIT

There are quite a few places to eat, McDonalds, BK, Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Denny's, Friendly's, and a Price Chopper right across the street and a Stop + Shop in the area. That is, if Google Maps is to be trusted.. just google the address of the place and look around, there are actually quite a few places.
Dunkin' Donuts hmm.. Gonna get my blue raspberry coolatta on!

I'm looking forward to all the places to eat as much as the tourney :laugh:. Seymour has a McDonalds and........ yeah.

strawhats

Smash Master
Can't wait for this. My first tourney. Looks like I'll be taking the metro north to get to this. I hope I can MM people.

strawhats

Smash Master
Sure man no problem. My marth vs. Your whatever. I wish I actually owned a strawhat but I'll be wearing a yellow wrist band (black kid)

Octave

Smash Ace
Dunkin' Donuts hmm.. Gonna get my blue raspberry coolatta on!

I'm looking forward to all the places to eat as much as the tourney :laugh:. Seymour has a McDonalds and........ yeah.
CT has a town called Seymour?

I just realized, this will actually be my first tourney. HUNGRYBOX MAKE MY DAY AND ATTEND @__@ Anyone who might need housing I can see if a friend of mine has room at his place. His parents don't usually question who's there, they just concern themselves with the numbers.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Sure man no problem. My marth vs. Your whatever. I wish I actually owned a strawhat but I'll be wearing a yellow wrist band (black kid)
Yellow wrist band. Got it. I'll have a black bandana around my neck.

Btw, are you coming for Melee or Brawl, or both?

EDIT

Has to be Melee. I'll use spacies ;D

CT has a town called Seymour?

I just realized, this will actually be my first tourney. HUNGRYBOX MAKE MY DAY AND ATTEND @__@ Anyone who might need housing I can see if a friend of mine has room at his place. His parents don't usually question who's there, they just concern themselves with the numbers.
Yeah, it's a small town. A movie theater, a cheapy movie theater, a McDonalds. That's about it lol. 3 - 4 Years ago, there used to be 15 or so of us that played Melee, but our metagame didn't have advanced techs, and none of use knew of smashboards. Now only me, and one of my friends (Br4n on the boards, moved to Florida :() frequent the boards. So, Seymour is back to being really boring.

First tourney hm? You never forget your first hahaha. My first one was Esticle at Digital Mayhem, and let me tell ya, the B.O. in the venue was supernatural. Aside from that, it was an awesome first tournament. It, unfortunately, closed down in November last year. Supposedly, a new one was going to open up this summer, but there hasn't been any news lately (I think.... *goes to check after this*)

Best advice I can give you, show up early and play tons of friendlies. You're going to have nerves/yipes (Prince of Tennis reference), and play nowhere near as well as you do with friends/by yourself. It'll go away for the most part, and you'll be much better off by the time brackets start.

Also, don't be intimidated to ask if you can play. Make sure and look to see if there's money around the setup (Setup = Wii/Gamecube and TV) to determine if it's a money match. If that's the case, don't bother whoever is there or wait until they're finished if you're desperate for that TV for some reason.... :confused:. But, don't be intimidated, everyone loves playing new people. The worst someone can say is "No" :laugh:.

I'll see ya at the venue. I'll be wearing a black bandana, come find me and we'll do some friendlies and/or $1 MM =D. Unless you're coming for Brawl, then we're only doing friendlies LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom