• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smash III - CT - Sept 11th - Fatal, Darc.. Cort?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
So...just in case, since I may not have a ride, could anyone give me one and back? I'm in Torrington, by the way, so if anyone can get me, that'd be awesome. I'd like to be able to go to my first NE tourny...or non-NY tourny. Or first CT. Whatever you want to call it.

And if I don't go, Cloud won't have a Melee partner. xD

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
So...just in case, since I may not have a ride, could anyone give me one and back? I'm in Torrington, by the way, so if anyone can get me, that'd be awesome. I'd like to be able to go to my first NE tourny...or non-NY tourny. Or first CT. Whatever you want to call it.

And if I don't go, Cloud won't have a Melee partner. xD
Yeah!! :(

My friend would be able to get you if he ended up going, for a little gas money. But, like I said in an earlier post, he's not taking off work and is instead, gambling that's he'll have it off. And I know my alternate means of getting there (Sister lol) wouldn't be willing to go out of the way. So, don't get your hopes up. If you can find someone else willing to help ya out, go for it. If not, I guess wait and gamble on my friend going :ohwell:.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah!! :(

My friend would be able to get you if he ended up going, for a little gas money. But, like I said in an earlier post, he's not taking off work and is instead, gambling that's he'll have it off. And I know my alternate means of getting there (Sister lol) wouldn't be willing to go out of the way. So, don't get your hopes up. If you can find someone else willing to help ya out, go for it. If not, I guess wait and gamble on my friend going :ohwell:.
Options, options, options.

I really wish I didn't live in the god **** sticks...ironically, Solid Jake lives a town over, but it's uncertain if he can take me, which is why I'm looking for potential back-up.

Also, someone make Luigi's Mansion legal. I'll bring my Wii and use the gingerbread house texture. That **** is totally worth making the stage legal.

Srs bsns tho, I'd like to go to a tourny that is like in my own state, so someone come get me.

S l o X

Smash Champion
What's nearby the venue to eat? *Crosses fingers for a Wendy's & Taco Bell*
Those are my two favorite fast food stawps. +1 brownie point
CT has a town called Seymour?

I just realized, this will actually be my first tourney. HUNGRYBOX MAKE MY DAY AND ATTEND @__@ Anyone who might need housing I can see if a friend of mine has room at his place. His parents don't usually question who's there, they just concern themselves with the numbers.
Never heard of Seymour before either but I guess it's better than being notoriously the biggest city in the state.

Just realized you joined Jan 2010? ****nnnnnn.
First tourney hm? You never forget your first hahaha.

Best advice I can give you, show up early and play tons of friendlies. You're going to have nerves/yipes (Prince of Tennis reference), and play nowhere near as well as you do with friends/by yourself. It'll go away for the most part, and you'll be much better off by the time brackets start.

Also, don't be intimidated to ask if you can play. Make sure and look to see if there's money around the setup (Setup = Wii/Gamecube and TV) to determine if it's a money match. If that's the case, don't bother whoever is there or wait until they're finished if you're desperate for that TV for some reason.... :confused:. But, don't be intimidated, everyone loves playing new people. The worst someone can say is "No" :laugh:.

I'll see ya at the venue. I'll be wearing a black bandana, come find me and we'll do some friendlies and/or $1 MM =D. Unless you're coming for Brawl, then we're only doing friendlies LOL.
Basically this. Pound 4 was my first tourney and approaching wasn't that hard, despite me being super nervous back then. You can play on your TV and do perfect shine combos or Sheik stuff but if you're nervous, you're gonna have to play a lot and get used to it. You'll mess up basic f-tilt > slap combos if you don't get used to playing people. Or maybe that was just me?

Hype. To find me, I'll be wearing all white with a really pointy hood.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
hbox i just remembered im leaving for this on the friday night before, at like 9 pm

then im going to stay at my cousins house

theyre cool so i wouldnt worry about sleeping over there that night

i just need to know when the flights are coming in so we can figure that out

and im also staying there on that saturday night till early sunday because i have to be at church

you can probably stay there again no problem

idk if not talk to someone that lives in CT

Brookman

Smash Hero
Suicide Rules:
If Bowser, Kirby, Ganon, Wario or D3 suicides someone off the stage, the match is awarded to the character initiating the suicide

please please please, explain this.

Banks

Smash Hero
It has something to do with the suicide throws those characters have, if your port is below your opponent you win but if its higher it goes to sudden death, so it is saying to ignore the sudden death should it occur

i think

it's a brawl thing

Octave

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's a small town. A movie theater, a cheapy movie theater, a McDonalds. That's about it lol. 3 - 4 Years ago, there used to be 15 or so of us that played Melee, but our metagame didn't have advanced techs, and none of use knew of smashboards. Now only me, and one of my friends (Br4n on the boards, moved to Florida :() frequent the boards. So, Seymour is back to being really boring.

First tourney hm? You never forget your first hahaha. My first one was Esticle at Digital Mayhem, and let me tell ya, the B.O. in the venue was supernatural. Aside from that, it was an awesome first tournament. It, unfortunately, closed down in November last year. Supposedly, a new one was going to open up this summer, but there hasn't been any news lately (I think.... *goes to check after this*)

Best advice I can give you, show up early and play tons of friendlies. You're going to have nerves/yipes (Prince of Tennis reference), and play nowhere near as well as you do with friends/by yourself. It'll go away for the most part, and you'll be much better off by the time brackets start.

Also, don't be intimidated to ask if you can play. Make sure and look to see if there's money around the setup (Setup = Wii/Gamecube and TV) to determine if it's a money match. If that's the case, don't bother whoever is there or wait until they're finished if you're desperate for that TV for some reason.... :confused:. But, don't be intimidated, everyone loves playing new people. The worst someone can say is "No" :laugh:.

I'll see ya at the venue. I'll be wearing a black bandana, come find me and we'll do some friendlies and/or $1 MM =D. Unless you're coming for Brawl, then we're only doing friendlies LOL.
Ah, that sounds lame. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in Middletown that plays (and frequents the boards), and my friends hate that I do the techskill stuff. Well, one of them is coming around, but the other is vehemently anti-wavedash ><

I'm pretty excited about this tourney, since I finally get to meet Slox, Hazygoose, and a few others. I know what a setup is too :X I've been to a smashfest before and played with some people so nerves wont be too much of a problem :laugh: It'll be a skill thing, if anything.

Dunno what I'll be wearing except my Gurren Lagann Drill necklace.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'm a middletown kid, too! (kind of)
still need a partner for melee (used to team with nus...i miss nus :( )
and a ride. although i could probably solve the latter one with some simple phone calls.
i can house :D

Banks

Smash Hero
i requested this off from work, but i have to go to a wedding oos the saturday before so I'm about to find out how lenient they are about weekends....

however mafia, in the event that someone from maine does go (because we also don't know if anyone is down to drive yet) then most likely probably they would like housing maybe

almost

kinda sorta

insert unassured assurance

Octave

Smash Ace
Lol no worries man. I AM a scrub, after all. Hoping that'll change pretty soon, though. And I'd probably be more excited to meet you if you whored the CT thread like I do :estatic:

*ready to get raep'd at VLS*

strawhats

Smash Master
just so I know where in Fairfield would i find metro north...noob question but i dont really know CT that well and am just starting school up there soon.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Well the train is really close to Fairfield U . . . lol I'm pretty sure FU has a bus that goes to the train (downtown-ish fairfield thing).

& yeah vernon is really north up. I'll probably be hitching a ride to Seymour and going with CC, if he still has a spot in his car open.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Well the train is really close to Fairfield U . . . lol I'm pretty sure FU has a bus that goes to the train (downtown-ish fairfield thing).

& yeah vernon is really north up. I'll probably be hitching a ride to Seymour and going with CC, if he still has a spot in his car open.
*has no car*

But yeah, we're set no matter what. I've got two failsafe back-ups to my friend maybe having work.

- A friend that's a brand new driver. Getting their license the week of the tourney LOL (But she's 18 and has driven for a year, so it's not that bad). Woo, cheering squad :laugh:.
- My sister.

And it still stands, that if my friend doesn't have work, we can pick you up vvv Rapture. The thing that sucks about his job (I used to work there too, recently got fired :laugh:) is that you don't find out about having work until the day before. It's up in the air until 10 PM at night. If it hits 10, and no word, then it's settled. But what expectations do you have in an under the table moving job? Can't really complain, finding a job here is tough =/

Prawn

Smash Master
looking for a ride to this.

i live in marlborough massachusetts

lemme know!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
And it still stands, that if my friend doesn't have work, we can pick you up vvv Rapture. The thing that sucks about his job (I used to work there too, recently got fired :laugh:) is that you don't find out about having work until the day before. It's up in the air until 10 PM at night. If it hits 10, and no word, then it's settled. But what expectations do you have in an under the table moving job? Can't really complain, finding a job here is tough =/
WAIT WAIT WAIT
are you a prostitute?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
*has no car*

But yeah, we're set no matter what. I've got two failsafe back-ups to my friend maybe having work.

- A friend that's a brand new driver. Getting their license the week of the tourney LOL (But she's 18 and has driven for a year, so it's not that bad). Woo, cheering squad :laugh:.
- My sister.

Awesome. And yeah that's cool. I'm trying to hit up as many options as possible in case things happen, but hopefully it turns out alright.

I mean, who's going to win Melee if we don't?

Prawn

Smash Master
probably gonna enter melee and brawl at this if possible?

lemme know if it is jake

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. And yeah that's cool. I'm trying to hit up as many options as possible in case things happen, but hopefully it turns out alright.

I mean, who's going to win Melee if we don't?
Don't forget brawl either lol. We're sweeping doubles :laugh:.

@jake

Thank you for it getting changed to $10 =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom