• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wallstreet Presents: Crewfest! First Tourney of the Year!! - Happy New Year! XD

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Deez: im up for that. it'll have to be online. you have my number? I'll try to contact you in a few days for that practice.

Pulse: If you pick Metanight, you're gonna lose again. just be marth and i garentee you'll win. In anycase, I hope my sonic lived up to your expectations...

Mattix: you need to hurry up and **** already. you have the power of the gay swordsman on your side lol

22: Get some sonic experience and next time you'll beat me im sure. i dont think frigate orpheon was a good CP choice...

lol Bert and Kojin is a team on the rise. oyu have been warned...

Deez.

Smash Lord
Deez: im up for that. it'll have to be online. you have my number? I'll try to contact you in a few days for that practice.

Pulse: If you pick Metanight, you're gonna lose again. just be marth and i garentee you'll win. In anycase, I hope my sonic lived up to your expectations...

you must of not caught the joke lls:chuckle:

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
you must of not caught the joke lls:chuckle:
I guess not. In this case sir, I am too slow.
totally serious about the training though...:psycho:

btw, im not convinced that the placings mean anything but people are getting closer to the level of those consistantly placing. either that, or people need to readdiress thier matchup experience (and in certain cases) stage experience.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Lol @ Deez, you right tho, maybe I can get that down when you get your teams game up.

Coney

Smash Master
Esoj- Yea help me out with the Wario match up. and I told you the way I play DDD is A LOT! more effective.
NOOOOOO

you and esoj play totally differently, i usually just rush him down with my aggro style but you're more effective at blocking out approaches, so i wait for you to come to me

he started playing like you more in the second and third games and i was like "what, what is this" and by that point i had a big enough deficit that i couldn't just sit back and let him come to me

i KNEW he got that ish from you @_@

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice

Mattix: you need to hurry up and **** already. you have the power of the gay swordsman on your side lol

22: Get some sonic experience and next time you'll beat me im sure. i dont think frigate orpheon was a good CP choice...

Haha, all right then Kojin. All Marth next time.

I need to buy a new copy of brawl >_>

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
this tourney was great & was greatly run by bolt..
gg's to everybody & hopefully we got more pretty good tournouts like this tourney..
good stuff to zak, omni, boss, & to everybody I played.. I guess to candy too but im just gonna shut up lol...
Im mad omni went ddd 2nd game & beat me by throwing waddle doos.. but he is too good
boss our set was the closest ever.. good ****

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Takeover/Coney -Thanks for the friendlies, fun games. Always a pleasure to see you guys at tourney.
Deez - lol, I wish I knew anything about the diddy matchup. GGs
Kojin - Yeah, I just need to learn my matchups altogether. I had no idea where to cp sonic really.
Tant - Was good to see you again
EE - Thanks for the permission on the n word lol. Good to see you again.

I really should show up to more of these.

Deez.

Smash Lord
NOOOOOO

you and esoj play totally differently, i usually just rush him down with my aggro style but you're more effective at blocking out approaches, so i wait for you to come to me

he started playing like you more in the second and third games and i was like "what, what is this" and by that point i had a big enough deficit that i couldn't just sit back and let him come to me

Honestly I wouldn't of told him **** lmao..but i bet $20 bucks on him Sorry Coney... it wasn't anything personal.. believe me.:(

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
remember apex when you MM'd some random marth and I was laughing behind you? because i knew you were sandbagging?:(

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Im mad omni went ddd 2nd game & beat me by throwing waddle doos.. but he is too good
boss our set was the closest ever.. good ****
the first waddle dee knocks the grenade out of your hand
the second waddle dee blocks the grenade u pick up and throw and puts you in boom range

;)

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yea that caught me out of suprise lol
how the heck does he have those big *** waddles in his pocket??

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
yea that caught me out of suprise lol
how the heck does he have those big *** waddles in his pocket??
He keeps them in his belly and spits a random one out every once in a while.

Candy was taken out too easily. No more jungle japes from now on. or just practice there.

Coney

Smash Master
oh, who's got the SD card with the vids? all the matches need to be uploaded ASAP so i can review **** before Pound. highlight vids were:

- Meep gaying K9 with IC's sync glitch
- Lobos 2v1'ing Candy and Korn in Game 5!
- Boss owning my life on Frigate Orpheon
- Takeover beasting on Meep

among other things. ALSO, whoever is doing the uploading... please upload Singles before Doubles. watching Doubles videos while waiting on Singles sucks.

last thing. i had an idea for a new event: 2v2 matches, but not teams. basically best of 3. team red A vs. team blue A one match. then team red B vs. team blue B. and then if it's 1-1 the winners fight it out 3rd round. i think that'd be cool (and fast)

we could also potentially do 3v3 where winner stays but idk
that's me, alan's gonna send me the replays directly to my wii unfortunately, since i couldn't take his SD card...

i dunno if all those things were recorded. some stuff, yeah obviously, like kenny and meep, but neither takeover nor i saved our winners semi sets...dunno if alan saved his fight for fourth with meep. we'll see though!

should get the vids tomorrow i think, which means they'll be uploaded, i dunno, late tomorrow night?

also explain further your event idea, i don't quite understand...but i'm intrigued.

Omni

BRoomer
thx coney.

2v2 Scenario: Me and Coney vs. Deez and Tant.
Both sides choose which player they want to go first. Each player has to stay their character the entire tournament. No counterpicking. Coney goes against Tant and wins. Deez goes against me and I lose. Then Coney goes against Tant. If I beat Deez then that's the set. So it goes like that. It's fun because you can't change characters so you gotta team with someone who covers all your bases (Metaknight).

3v3 Scenario: Me, Coney, and Takeover vs. Deez, Tant, and Sin.
Choose order again like last time. The same as above except the Winner stays on and faces the rest of the team. This means that one player has a chance to take out an entire team by themselves (OCD).

For all of the teams no person can repeat a character. That means one MK or one Snake or w/e per team.

Omni

BRoomer
****, boss. i didnt know u were like that dude. grimey man.

Coney

Smash Master
wtf is up with coneys weird *** sigs
u hatan

protip: clicking on my sigs significantly increase your quality of life instantaneously.

yo coney. im diggin the sig son. there something "i-podish" about it...:laugh:
i meant to respond to this...yeah i just do simple stuff mostly, i'm not as good a graphic artist as you though. i see the stuff you do in your videos and stuff, i can't imagine even beginning to plan that kinda editing and junk @_@

Honestly I wouldn't of told him **** lmao..but i bet $20 bucks on him Sorry Coney... it wasn't anything personal.. believe me.:(
hey it happens, just means i'll have to play him like i do you now, hahah

thx coney.

2v2 Scenario: Me and Coney vs. Deez and Tant.
Both sides choose which player they want to go first. Each player has to stay their character the entire tournament. No counterpicking. Coney goes against Tant and wins. Deez goes against me and I lose. Then Coney goes against Tant. If I beat Deez then that's the set. So it goes like that. It's fun because you can't change characters so you gotta team with someone who covers all your bases (Metaknight).

3v3 Scenario: Me, Coney, and Takeover vs. Deez, Tant, and Sin.
Choose order again like last time. The same as above except the Winner stays on and faces the rest of the team. This means that one player has a chance to take out an entire team by themselves (OCD).

For all of the teams no person can repeat a character. That means one MK or one Snake or w/e per team.
i had an idea like that a while ago but discarded it, figured people wouldn't be interested. i like the idea of crew battles only not, smaller "crews" that function in individual matches. i had a few ideas wherein you could even ban a player or a character, assuming they were 3v3 sets. like, i could ban candy's snake, so he'd have to use meta or wario or zelda or something. or i could just ban candy from the set altogether. i dunno. anyway, flesh it out, i'm interested!

LOL @ me thinking this thread was gonna be devoid of the usual MD/VA drama.
where's this drama you speak of, mang? i see nothing but tender hugs and rainbow farts

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
It's nice to see a thread without drama for once.. especially in my thread. :D

(hopefully I haven't spoken too soon >.>)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
u hatan

i meant to respond to this...yeah i just do simple stuff mostly, i'm not as good a graphic artist as you though. i see the stuff you do in your videos and stuff, i can't imagine even beginning to plan that kinda editing and junk @_@

you watch my vids? that instantly made me happy for some reason. :) I put too much work on them sometimes...

KageMurphy

Smash Master
That was addressed at the tournament, he know's to take those rules off next time, unless BMX shows up cause their on to favor him loooooooool

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
the first waddle dee knocks the grenade out of your hand
the second waddle dee blocks the grenade u pick up and throw and puts you in boom range

;)
I use to do that to my bro but he learned how to get around it. Ill show you how to get around it next time Takeover. :chuckle:

NOOOOOO

remember coney when i said that playing kadaj that one time showed me something. well that was it.in our friendlies earlier u kept hovering over my bananas and bairing me everytime i picked them up, kadaj did the same thing. so i took advantage of that game 3 b/c u did it to me quite a bit even in our first 2 games. A players got to learn when to be aggro and when to play defensive/ camp. Also playing meep helped teach me how not to get grabbed. :chuckle:

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
i wanted to beat esoj, so, so bad. top 3 would've tasted so good, but he completely shut me down with that banana game. when it came down to that very last stock of the three-game set, wow that was intense. he was on fire, beating oath, kadaj and meep though, like a man possessed he was. a special good **** to jose!

anyway

i had funnn
Sorry for the double post but <3 Coney!!!!

Omni

BRoomer
I use to do that to my bro but he learned how to get around it. Ill show you how to get around it next time Takeover. :chuckle:
yeah, Candy was doing it to me online.

after i made him drop it and threw the 2nd one he short hops and z-catches the grenade and tosses it again, lol. boo.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
yeah, Candy was doing it to me online.

after i made him drop it and threw the 2nd one he short hops and z-catches the grenade and tosses it again, lol. boo.
ya that or pull out gernade, bait the waddle dee, then throw the gernade. by the time u can throw a second wadle the gernade will be right in front of u. =(

Top Bottom