• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Kieth your wario is garbage, stick to what you know, doing moves in place and nado'ing.
lol you cant beat mk's with yours, i 2 stock rags in winners finals last tourney with wario. get on our prs before talkin ****.

/salt

Excellence

Smash Champion
Defensive Marth's are more difficult than aggressive Marth's. Smart aggressive Meta Knight's are more difficult than defensive ones. Defensive Marth's are more difficult than smart aggressive Meta Knight's.

That's just my whole take on the situation.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
???? Care to explain to me how MK isn't just a better version of Marth? I'm all ears..... If you can't explain it then **** off.
Wasn't so much aimed at the truthfulness of your post, rather at your hilarious use of the English language. Sorry about that, though there was never any reason for you to be crude like that.

Anyhow, the Marth and MK matchups aren't really comparable, you don't handle them the same way. Really, aside of the fact that they can wall (a lot of characters can, frankly) and they both have swords, how are they comparable? Also, what makes MK better than Marth, aside of the fact that he actually càn handle the DDD and MK matchup without as much issues as Marth?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
LOL i dont even play this game any more, i havent enter singles for a brawl tourney since febuary.
i know, still love you though.

you will come back. all melee people are D bags in heart, except pp. you dont belong with d bags. you belong with a game sponsored by MLG

approvesign.jpg

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wasn't so much aimed at the truthfulness of your post, rather at your hilarious use of the English language. Sorry about that, though there was never any reason for you to be crude like that.

Anyhow, the Marth and MK matchups aren't really comparable, you don't handle them the same way. Really, aside of the fact that they can wall (a lot of characters can, frankly) and they both have swords, how are they comparable? Also, what makes MK better than Marth, aside of the fact that he actually càn handle the DDD and MK matchup without as much issues as Marth?
If you don't know why MK is better than Marth then I'm simply at a lost for words.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If you don't understand how to place words into their appropriate contexts (in this case: matchups) then I don't think there's any reason for either of us to continue this (already worthless) discussion.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
without fast mobile characters, there is no approaching and the game devolves to even more of a battle of purely spacing and camping. what's more fun to watch, Ally vs MK or DDD dittos?

the original post was saying that running to the opposite side of the stage, taking out the bike, and then carrying it over to Metaknight and throwing it at him was a legitimate way to get past MK's spacing, which is obviously ridiculous. so if you're talking about using the bike to edgeguard MK (which is still kind of ridiculous for various reasons), that's different
If you instant wipe will he grab you? heck you can just pull out the bike to make him stop fair camping if he's doing to actually APPROUCH you which no mk should do.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Also i never said throw it at him. You can just pull it out or pick it up. If he tries to attack with dash grab throw it down.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
And im not saying this is practical or anything im not saying use this as a approuching or anything. In fact stop listening to me altogether.

Carry on plz

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i know, still love you though.

you will come back. all melee people are D bags in heart, except pp. you dont belong with d bags. you belong with a game sponsored by MLG

approvesign.jpg
Not all melee people are like that, IM NOT LIKE THAT. I love ya kieth. Ill come back to brawl at MLG Raleigh.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Much though I agree with your replies, Masky, the man has already acknowledged that what he said was in no way practical or useful, and that the discussion had better be ended.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
After watching Krystedez's set against lain, he has now become my favorite Wario to watch over Malcolm.

I gotta start using bike more in matchups like that.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Its very useful when fighting people where its difficult to approuch like
ICs, DDD and to some extent marth. Mk is just so fast its hard to use it without getting punished.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
While we're on the subject of how useless bikes/tires are and how good MK is vs Wario, I think you guys should watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgsDBtQqEvs

They're obviously just messing around, but Ally did some stick stuff and I think we should look into it more.
Been wanting to see Ally's Wario since I saw him using in him results. That uair tire stuff was sex.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
After watching Krystedez's set against lain, he has now become my favorite Wario to watch over Malcolm.

I gotta start using bike more in matchups like that.
you have to understand that lain is not so great vs wairo in general and im pretty sure krystedez's ******** playstyle threw him off a bit

but in the end it was his ******** playstyle that lost GFs for him.

tl;dr throwing bikes is a dumb ****ing ******** strategy

hunger!

Smash Champion
you know who came up with that? BMX.

just sayin hes been doing that **** since like last year.
shiit is really old. i wouldnt be surprised at who came up with it. doesnt really matter. and it's prolly older than a year btw.

and masky, you're stupid if you think wario does better against mk without tires/bike.

ally's wario just looks like a smarter version of krystedez'. good stuff

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-sFjPNVeZs

ally stole that from me lololol. My combo(which is well over a year old). no joke. ask em. =)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
LOL@ saying BMX (or whoever) 'came up with it'.

Especially if that was supposedly last year.

Throwing tires down, as well as catching people's landing lag with it, (since that's pretty much what it comes down to) should've been standard stuff since 2008, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

edit: ninja'ed

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dude, anyone who was even remotely inventive w/ Wario knew about the dthrow to wheel to whatever, lol.

Yes though, agreeing with Chair and hunger... except about the part with having bikes on stage. If you want to get tires, do it when you've hit MK way far away, so you can get your bike back. Fortunately his transcendental priority means he can't just jump in and hit both you and the tire.

Padô

Smash Lord
Tires are a bit effective against MK, but, as PX said, if the Mk knows how to deal with it he can hit both the tire and you, also if MK is in the ground and you throw the tire at him he can just 1st hit Ftilt the tire and Dash towards you to get ing close combat which renders you the "WTF position".
And yes, I think the best way to use the bike on this matchup is while MK is recovering, you can do the "dropping off from the bike quickly trick" on the edge and try to rack some damage with it otherwise the next use is only on desperate situations like: "Oh I recovered and my bike is onstage need to break it ASAP" then you get tires and try to do something.

Tires and bike are good against characters that got clearly more range then you and aren't fast enough or capable to gimp you easily even without the bike and we ain't got to prove anything about bike edge guarding. It's AWESOME in many ways and against many characters.

Also... Yes, BMX has talked a lot about using more tires and bike to punish peoples stupid spacing moves, some said he sucked and he should camp more instead of trying to come up with ****, also he never had so much videos on YT so it was hard to prove anything, if you just lurk on old discussions you will see.

I don't think Krystedez playstyle has given Lain a better time beating him, honestly I just saw Lain getting used to Tire/Bike game, in the last few games you could see him nulyfing almost all Tire throws from Krys, and this is bad but not hard to do, I've been thinking on our option with tires and they aren't too much, you gotta be REALLY inventive to get people offguard while playing with a tire in your hand otherwise they'll just shield it and make you pull off another bike and try to punish you while you are close to it or trying to break it. IMO, it was Lain adaptation that brought Krystedez difficulties and unfortunately, Kryz could overcome Lain patterns after this adaptation (which were pretty campy and defensive).

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If those matches are the ones I think they were, then I recall finding them extraordinarily hilarious. Lain was playing downright silly, and he got unlucky quite a few times. Kryz did some funny stuff that led to silly situations, but more than once I saw him putting himself in extremely high risk-lower reward situations which somehow worked for reasons I have yet to comprehend.

Also, if those were the matches I think they were, they included (a) dthrow chaingrab > dtilt gimp(s), which very nicely illustrated the danger of leaving your bike onstage (or getting grabbed in a silly fashion, for that matter).

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
If those matches are the ones I think they were, then I recall finding them extraordinarily hilarious. Lain was playing downright silly, and he got unlucky quite a few times. Kryz did some funny stuff that led to silly situations, but more than once I saw him putting himself in extremely high risk-lower reward situations which somehow worked for reasons I have yet to comprehend.

Also, if those were the matches I think they were, they included (a) dthrow chaingrab > dtilt gimp(s), which very nicely illustrated the danger of leaving your bike onstage (or getting grabbed in a silly fashion, for that matter).
this is pretty much what i was getting at

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
you have to understand that lain is not so great vs wairo in general and im pretty sure krystedez's ******** playstyle threw him off a bit

but in the end it was his ******** playstyle that lost GFs for him.

tl;dr throwing bikes is a dumb ****ing ******** strategy
No it didnt he sded the last game everyone knows he had that mactch if he didnt :(
And even then he almost had it he was just impatient with fart i think he used two uncharged farts lol *not half farts*. Lain would have been mad salty

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I never really watched those matches, but I just watched match 4 of GF.

Krystedez is a fun Wario, but he makes TONS and TONS of mistakes. I'll have to go with TBTC on that one, his playstyle is ******** in an awfully negative way (no offense).

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Tires are a bit effective against MK, but, as PX said, if the Mk knows how to deal with it he can hit both the tire and you, also if MK is in the ground and you throw the tire at him he can just 1st hit Ftilt the tire and Dash towards you to get ing close combat which renders you the "WTF position".
I thought that MK's sword didn't clank with anything so the tires just go through it. I've never actually tried, but for some reason had that idea in my head for quite some time. Or is just hit boxes that destroy tires?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I believe most of his attacks do not make tires go away.

Top Bottom